The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 07:58 AM
Courtier

The "Tea" report was discussed earlier-bottom line the timeline seems difficult but no one knows for sure. The Queen had an engagement a little later that evening that we know she attended, so whether she had time for a brief tea with guests at 5 is the question.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Is this true ? I'm surprised it hasn't been reported elsewhere as it is big news if it is indeed true.
It has probably escaped the notice of most of the publications because they would have had to delve into just what tea time with the Queen really is. I love how the article goes into the history of the Queen's special time of the day and how it came about and even that the Queen, herself, pours the tea (which always was the role of the Lady of the Manor. (I knew that from reading historical romances in my younger years.)

We still don't know the facts of the meeting as it was private (or even, as some have presented, even happened). To me, having a tea time meeting between Meghan and the Queen would have been the perfect opportunity for the two women to meet in private in a more relaxed atmosphere. Not really long enough to really get a good girl talk in and get to know each other but its a signal of the Queen's approval and would be kind of like a "welcome to the family" sort of thing if an engagement is imminent.

Bit by bit, as we sit back and watch things unfold, all indications point to a royal engagement in the not so far off future. I, for one, am extremely happy for Harry that he has finally met someone that loves him and wants to share his life with him (the full monty of public and private lifestyle). He's stated so many times that he really wanted to settle down with a home and family life and my biggest fear for him was that he'd "settle" on someone in order to have these things. The fact that falling in love with the woman precluded what will come naturally in a marriage, to me, is a big blessing for the both of them. I think they both hit the jackpot in finding each other.

We can sit here and tear apart and analyze aspects of Meghan Markle until we're blue in the face but the reality of the matter is that we don't matter. What matters is the deep relationship between Harry and Meghan themselves and that's a part of their lives that we'll never really have access to nor should we.

@O-H Anglophile: I think the article pretty much lays it out that no matter what and no matter where she is, the Queen has her tea each day at the same set time and that its sacrosanct to her. Its kind of nice to know that no matter what kind of a day HM is having, some things never change and she always has her tea time for a breather.

Old 10-21-2017, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Where did you see Meghan had or is giving up her lease on her Toronto home? I hadn't read that yet. If that is true, I imagine she'll be moving to London soon. There doesn't seem to be a point in moving elsewhere for a brief time, then moving again.
I came across it 2 or 3 days ago in an article to a link posted here I think...might of been elsewhere I'll try to find it.

It was when the latest stuff came out that Harry/Meghan were house shopping in the Cotswolds.
LaRae
Old 10-21-2017, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Is this true ? I'm surprised it hasn't been reported elsewhere as it is big news if it is indeed true.
Questionable due to the timing...Meghan was filming the next morning in Toronto, there's pics of her going into work...I guess she could of had tea and hopped on a plane...but I don't know.

LaRae
Old 10-21-2017, 08:48 AM
Royal Highness

Both HMQ and Prince Harry had engagements early evening that Day, so it looks unlikely to be accurate...
Old 10-21-2017, 08:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I came across it 2 or 3 days ago in an article to a link posted here I think...might of been elsewhere I'll try to find it.

It was when the latest stuff came out that Harry/Meghan were house shopping in the Cotswolds.
LaRae
I read it on Emily Andrews' twitter. Don't know how reliable her info is, though.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:58 AM
Majesty

I think what stood out for me with the Daily Beast article is that it specifically states that no matter what, come 5 in the afternoon, the Queen *always* breaks for tea. Its not a long period but perhaps 45 minutes to have tea and something to munch on but it happens religiously regardless of what is on the schedule for that day. This isn't the first time I've read this about the Queen's daily routines.

With this in mind, any evening engagements wouldn't figure into it at all. To me, its even more logical that the Queen would need her tea time to refresh and brace up for the evening ahead of her. Perhaps Meghan stopped in for tea on her way to the airport as a breather for herself before the flight home and an active, working schedule? We really don't know and probably won't ever know as things like this are very much kept private but I just think it was very possible that it could have happened.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

That must of been where I saw it., thanks Cocoasneeze. None of the stories are really reliable, regardless the source unless the people involved are making a public statement. Sometimes it's hard to tell if there's truth to it...other times it's obvious that it's just a fake story.

LaRae
Old 10-21-2017, 09:38 AM
Majesty

What better a past time for royal watchers than to separate the wheat from the chaff though? Its what we do. We get to know all the "tricks" the not so reliable journalists get up to. We get to weigh the pros and cons of what tea time with the Queen may really mean. We get to laugh at totally inane "news" that is so far out in left field that its a source of a giggle or two.

We actually get to learn as we go how things work in the British monarchy and the traditions and the order of precedence at a royal wedding and all kinds of things we didn't know before. Harry and Meghan aren't only a source for a right royal love story but also they're teaching us as we go along about things we might not have known before.

I like it. Thanks Harry and Meghan!!
Old 10-21-2017, 09:58 AM
Commoner

I too had my doubts regarding this "alleged" meeting but Since Richards story broke many reputed media outlets have picked up on the story . This wouldn't have happened if there wasn't an outa of truth to it .

It could have happened that Meghan has met the queen prior (maybe in Balmoral) and was doing a follow up before the engagement announcement or it could also be that this was the very first time she met the queen and Harry wanted this to happen soon before the announcement is out .

I guess we'd get our answers only during the engagement interview .
Old 10-21-2017, 10:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Questionable due to the timing...Meghan was filming the next morning in Toronto, there's pics of her going into work...I guess she could of had tea and hopped on a plane...but I don't know.

LaRae
I think some timelines have gotten blurred by when they were published.

The tea is alleged to have taken place on Thursday the 12th. Suits was filming that day, but was not filming between Friday the 13th and Tuesday the 17th. The cast basically scattered during that time (Patrick to Haida Gwaii, which we'll remember from the Cambridge tour), Gabriel to NYC, and Sarah to Ireland.

The pictures of Meghan back at work were taken on Wednesday the 18th, to my eye later in the evening.

So Meghan wasn't filming the next morning from the alleged tea, but it is questionable whether she was *still* filming, or had ended her scenes a day earlier than everyone else during their long weekend.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Most royal stories both positive and negative rely on ‘sources’. Meaning you can write just about anything.

Usually we base the validity of the stories on whether we like the person being praised or criticised.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea6 View Post
I too had my doubts regarding this "alleged" meeting but Since Richards story broke many reputed media outlets have picked up on the story . This wouldn't have happened if there wasn't an outa of truth to it .
I am going to disagree that other papers only re-report "true" stories. In fact, news outlets feel free to report that some other source reported something; it gets them off the hook of verifying a story. The story is the story at that point. And all they care about is the number of clicks they can get from whatever re-reporting they do.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:25 AM
Majesty

Good points there Rudolph. Most everything we get information from has the middle man of the media in it. The more time we, ourselves, invest in following this romance, the more likely we are to be able to spot and discount various things that we know from experience cannot be true.

For example, if there had been articles printed around the world in August that Meghan Markle had gone to Buckingham Palace for tea with the Queen, we'd be asking what these reporters were smoking as we *know* the Queen is at Balmoral during August and with following the British royal family and their activities and even having their engagements posted here from the Court Circular, we'd know better.

There are a lot of sources out there that we know aren't credible but we also have to remember too that its up to us to be credible ourselves in posting.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:25 AM
Nobility

To me it's not about liking anyone or not, but about how much sense the supposed sighting would make. I don't see a later engagement something, that would've made this meeting impossible to happen, I think it could've easily happened.

I think many of these royal reporters do have legit sources, and don't just post any old gossip, because they like to keep their own word somewhat reliable. I'm thinking, that Emily Andrews has some scoop about Meghan not signing on for further more seasons, and other factors support that theory, imo.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
I think that article in the Guardian offers a unique perspective. I haven't really seen much reaction from Brits of color concerning the Harry/Meghan relationship. I've often wondered what those of color in Britain feel about the BRF. Perhaps how a lot of African-Americans felt about the presidency until recently? You grow up your whole life seeing people who are supposed to represent you and your country yet they look nothing like you. The few Black British people I know are pretty indifferent to the BRF. It's not really something they feel strongly about one way or another because they don't really feel a connection to it. But that's only a handful of people. No group is a monolith. I'm sure there are a range of opinions. I hope more speak out.
I loved the Guardian article and it spoke the truth on so many levels.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-21-2017, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Most royal stories both positive and negative rely on ‘sources’. Meaning you can write just about anything.

Usually we base the validity of the stories on whether we like the person being praised or criticised.
Thank you for saying so, Rudolph. As the saying goes, even a clock is correct twice a day.

However we also 'know' that Harry is working with media to some extent. I'd say discount nothing, and the way this little nubbin is being 'picked up on' and elaborated has me semi-convinced what (some) people are saying here: Meghan and Harry are heading for an announcement. Possible.

What a happy time for them if it's all true. Actually I found the presence of Meghan's mother at the Invictus Games more 'telling'. Interesting all round.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
What a happy time for them if it's all true. Actually I found the presence of Meghan's mother at the Invictus Games more 'telling'. Interesting all round.
This is something that was a major clue for me too. With as guarded and under the radar both Harry and Meghan have been keeping their relationship, to have everything out in the open with even Meghan's mom in attendance and up close and personal with Harry and her daughter, the seriousness of this relationship couldn't have been made more clear if they had worn a big sign around their neck screaming "Its coming folks! Not long now!".
Old 10-21-2017, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This is something that was a major clue for me too. With as guarded and under the radar both Harry and Meghan have been keeping their relationship, to have everything out in the open with even Meghan's mom in attendance and up close and personal with Harry and her daughter, the seriousness of this relationship couldn't have been made more clear if they had worn a big sign around their neck screaming "Its coming folks! Not long now!".
I totally agree. It’s so exciting and wonderful to see “love in bloom”. I want to believe there was a tea to meet Gran and very much later Meghan took the red eye home. I can’t wait!
Old 10-21-2017, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
I totally agree. It’s so exciting and wonderful to see “love in bloom”. I want to believe there was a tea to meet Gran and very much later Meghan took the red eye home. I can’t wait!
No reason for her to high-tail it back to Canada as Suits was on a long weekend break at that point. We are told she showed back up on the Suits set the following Wednesday, along with everyone else.

It remains a curious leak, but no one (like Harry) is issuing a declarative stating that the press needs to 'back off' with the speculation. So that's interesting. Also, the lady in question could end the speculation in a trice (as many have done, as we know) by declaring at a photo call, some thing like, marriage is out of the question. Boom! Full stop! Not happening.

So......