The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Nobility

I think she could do interviews and other things relating to her job because she’s still got a career and obligations, but I think talking about her relationship should have been left until an engagement and the subsequent interview. I always look forward to those because of the couples get to talk about their relationship and how they met and their life ahead, etc.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I don't know if VF does off limit topics. I know they don't give approval rights on editorial. There was a fight with Gweneth Paltrow years ago over that. Anyways, no one is denying this relationship has elevated how many people know her or is interested because of it. It is what it is. She doesn't control that.

What she has done is that she has stepped back from most of her media obligations to her show, and in exchange did her and her show with very limited talk about her relationship. I know everyone here is honed in on the BRF, but there is more to the world and life. She's trying to find an acceptable compromise between the two worlds.
I think you are being too sensible for some people

I think this phrase of your post is key here--"one exclusive profile with a respectable magazine."

Old 10-20-2017, 09:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Still predicting an announcement in Dec/Jan!

Very public at the I.G., obvious he has developed a good relationship with her mother. Gave up the lease on her car, apparently not renewing contract with Suits, giving up the lease on her home (the latest story)...if all accurate then the announcement will come sooner rather than later.

LaRae
I love the engagement interviews and “presentation” of the couple. The whole engagement period is so much fun for each royal couple and the royal watchers. Last big one too for a while so I’m excited.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
I think both are true. The interview was mainly her introduction as Prince Harry’s girlfriend and giving a little insight into their relationship. I think they wanted to get ahead of the media and quell interest.
Someone did a breakdown of how much of the article focused on each topic, which included their relationship. The relationship aspect was actually very little. It's hard to say there is one main reason for that interview. She does have a contractual obligation to promote her show after all. It killed multiple birds with one stone.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think she could do interviews and other things relating to her job because she’s still got a career and obligations, but I think talking about her relationship should have been left until an engagement and the subsequent interview. I always look forward to those because of the couples get to talk about their relationship and how they met and their life ahead, etc.
Except if she was still doing a lot of interviews there would have been lots of questions about her relationship and she would be in a no win situation. If she answered, people would say she was trading in on the relationship and not suitable to marry into the family, if she declined to answer they would write stories about that, twisting whatever she said.

Truthfully, Meghan said very little except that she and her boyfriend were in love, that they were enjoying their private time together and eventually when the time came, they would be more public. That's pretty innocuous.
We still know no details and can look forward to those maybe being answered at the engagement interview.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
That's just not feasible. They can't control what question come up during a Q&A. Or how they'd try to get around it. Just look at what her costars have to deal with when they do interviews now that the cat is out of the bag. Plus, it's stupid to pretend the elephant in the room doesn't exist.

There was supposedly a question asked while she was at ATX, and she didn't answer. The tabloids still went wild, and pretty much watched her reaction with a microscope and analyzed the hell out of it. I don't believe it even happened in the event she participated in, but they managed to get near her at the ATX.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:48 PM
Nobility

I’ve read the article.

She’s not obligated to say anything. She could decline like others. Just because she’s an actress does not mean she has to talk about her relationship. I still stand by my opinion like everyone else does theirs. It’s done anyway. Now, I look forward to the engagement.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I’ve read the article.

She’s not obligated to say anything. She could decline like others. Just because she’s an actress does not mean she has to talk about her relationship. I still stand by my opinion like everyone else does theirs. It’s done anyway. Now, I look forward to the engagement.
Sure she can, but that's not going to stop them from asking again or just simply write whatever they want. They have an interview with her, plenty of people will take the interviewer's narrative as her comment. Her comments weren't anything we didn't already figure. Bottom line is, one thing not BRF and show business have in common is that they both need media and media need both. Build some goodwill and get on with it.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Sure she can, but that's not going to stop them from asking again or just simply write whatever they want. Her comments weren't anything we didn't already figure. Bottom line is, one thing not BRF and show business have in common is that they both need media and media need both. Build some goodwill and get on with it.
Sure but they have a certain way of doing it for a reason. Besides, the entertainment world is not the same as royal life. You can’t equate the two. There are different expectations and relationship with the press.

Anyway, I’ve stated my opinion and you and others have yours. There’s no point continuing to go back and forth about it. We can respectfully disagree.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Exactly! Far too invested indeed.

You’d think some women would like the fact that Harry is in a relationship with someone that have her own life, experiences and accomplishments.
Well this woman certainly does! You can tell a lot about a man by the type of woman he marries. I personally like what it says about Harry, that Meghan seems to be the type of woman he wants to make a life with. He certainly has no shortage of choices. There are plenty of more "traditional" options out there available to him.Women willing to do and be whatever the BRF asked. But this is who it seems he has chosen. Like I said earlier, I doubt one American actress is going to bring down the whole operation.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:16 AM
Aristocracy

I think Meghan is smart enough to know anytime she goes anywhere at this point it’s all about Harry. I can’t see her giving interviews. If she did, JMO, I think the reins would be pulled in.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:18 AM
Aristocracy

I tend to believe a lot here are doing wishful thinking. Not your fault though.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Still predicting an announcement in Dec/Jan!

Very public at the I.G., obvious he has developed a good relationship with her mother. Gave up the lease on her car, apparently not renewing contract with Suits, giving up the lease on her home (the latest story)...if all accurate then the announcement will come sooner rather than later.

LaRae
Where did you see Meghan had or is giving up her lease on her Toronto home? I hadn't read that yet. If that is true, I imagine she'll be moving to London soon. There doesn't seem to be a point in moving elsewhere for a brief time, then moving again.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Where did you see Meghan had or is giving up her lease on her Toronto home? I hadn't read that yet. If that is true, I imagine she'll be moving to London soon. There doesn't seem to be a point in moving elsewhere for a brief time, then moving again.
I cant even find the DM suggesting it, and they usually spring most rumors, or the mirror. A lot suggesting that they are house hunting but nothing new there. Only lease I have seen being given up is her car.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:04 AM
Courtier

Majesty Magazine - The Quality Royal Magazine

Meghan on the front cover of MAJESTY Magazine, plus article inside.

November 2017, issue.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:32 AM
Courtier

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...s-prince-harry
Old 10-21-2017, 03:54 AM
Aristocracy

I think that article in the Guardian offers a unique perspective. I haven't really seen much reaction from Brits of color concerning the Harry/Meghan relationship. I've often wondered what those of color in Britain feel about the BRF. Perhaps how a lot of African-Americans felt about the presidency until recently? You grow up your whole life seeing people who are supposed to represent you and your country yet they look nothing like you. The few Black British people I know are pretty indifferent to the BRF. It's not really something they feel strongly about one way or another because they don't really feel a connection to it. But that's only a handful of people. No group is a monolith. I'm sure there are a range of opinions. I hope more speak out.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

A few posts have been deleted as they were off-topic or empty/bickering responses. Let us try to avoid back and forth bickering as it serves no purpose and disrupts the thread.

It is also time to move on the magazine interview Meghan did - she and Harry are still together and so it is clearly not an issue that needs debating.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:35 AM
Royal Highness

I don’t think this has been posted...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan...-invite-to-tea

Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-21-2017, 06:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan...-invite-to-tea
Is this true ? I'm surprised it hasn't been reported elsewhere as it is big news if it is indeed true.

Closed Thread