The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 05:54 PM
Majesty

I have no doubt that KP knew about the interview in VF. However, KP is just William, Catherine and Harry! Its CH and BP that are the more important ones and this just goes to show that if ever there was a reason for having only one Royal Media spokesperson (even if they need and staff to keep up) this is it.

The percentage of the interview about Harry was about 4% and more about how she was happy and loved life. She looked like she was and to not address the elephant in the room after Harry's KP announcement last November. would have been seen as counterproductive and silly.

William and Catherine grew up and grew in love together over 8 or so years. Harry and Meghan are two stars that collided and to be suddenly in love is a wonderful thing. Meghan was not coy about telling the world she loves her boyfriend and while Harry has said nothing, what he has done speaks volumes. He and his brother are two different people with two different ways of expressing themselves. I can't wait for the official engagement announcement.

Old 10-20-2017, 06:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
I think Meghan will fly to London the day after Suits finishes filming and the following day the engagement will be announced with the wedding the end of February.
Wow! That's a quick turn around time. I'm all about an engagement and wedding, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about it being so fast. I'm afraid people would think it was a shotgun wedding! LOL!

Can I ask what makes you think that might be the timeline. Genuinely curious! :-)

Old 10-20-2017, 06:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
People just have to respect that Harry isn’t dating the typical young lady. He’s dating a woman who’s got her own life and career and media presence.

Funny how everyone wanted the Wales boys to date very experienced and very accomplished women. Harry he found that and there’s still complaints?
Because people are far too invested in the very close, personal lives of these people
Old 10-20-2017, 06:32 PM
Courtier

I just look at the degree of commitment and their ages. My husband and I had a 3 month time line and I know it can be done. We also faced the questions about a shotgun wedding and it wasn't true.
There are rumours about the palace preparing an engagement announcement and I just don't think they will wait. Since I have never met either of them I don't really know. As a retired office manager I think a lot of prep work has been done. She has had time to take care of the certificates for her dogs. She has cancelled her car lease. I'll bet she has started paperwork on her visa. Her house is rented and all she has to do is have things put in storage and tell her landlord she is leaving. It is not so complicated. The timeline for a royal wedding is the only sticking point,but if they want something small and private it could be done. They just simply aren't young. I don't think they will wait.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
People just have to respect that Harry isn’t dating the typical young lady. He’s dating a woman who’s got her own life and career and media presence.

Funny how everyone wanted the Wales boys to date very experienced and very accomplished women. Harry he found that and there’s still complaints?
Did people want that though? I'm asking genuinely. I know I wanted that. But I'm American, and as has been explained ad nauseum we apparently "just don't get the monarchy". So I don't know. Maybe that's what people in America wanted.

But honestly what truly matters is what the boys wanted. William got to marry who he wanted, conducted the relationship the way he wanted and got married and started his family the way he wanted. And there were people who complained about every bit of that. Now Harry is doing the same thing, and doing it slightly differently and there are people complaining about that. And will probably complain about how the engagement is handled, the wedding, Meghan's role etc. Because some people can't be made happy.

I fully expect for Meghan to never be fully accepted by a portion of the British public. I'm sure she and Harry will handle it just fine and they probably know it themselves.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
It is always interesting to hear different perspectives. What makes you think they won't get engaged?
I have a feeling.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
I just look at the degree of commitment and their ages. My husband and I had a 3 month time line and I know it can be done. We also faced the questions about a shotgun wedding and it wasn't true.
There are rumours about the palace preparing an engagement announcement and I just don't think they will wait. Since I have never met either of them I don't really know. As a retired office manager I think a lot of prep work has been done. She has had time to take care of the certificates for her dogs. She has cancelled her car lease. I'll bet she has started paperwork on her visa. Her house is rented and all she has to do is have things put in storage and tell her landlord she is leaving. It is not so complicated. The timeline for a royal wedding is the only sticking point,but if they want something small and private it could be done. They just simply aren't young. I don't think they will wait.
I can see your points. I completely agree about the level of commitment. And yes, relationships in your 30's definitely move at a different pace. Especially when you both want a family. The problem usually comes in if one person isn't on the same page, but that doesn't seem to be an issue here. I still think we're looking at a summer wedding after Cambridge baby #3 is born, but I think you are right that it is possible all of the wheels are already in motion.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Because people are far too invested in the very close, personal lives of these people
Exactly! Far too invested indeed.

You’d think some women would like the fact that Harry is in a relationship with someone that have her own life, experiences and accomplishments.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-20-2017, 07:43 PM
Majesty

Well Harry has only had three girlfriends of significance between the ubiquitous blonds. Chelsey when he was young, Cressida who never seemed to make him smile and used him to raise her profile.

Meghan is an adult woman, an educated woman, a woman with a successful career, a self-motivated charity worker and self-avowed feminist. That Harry has met such a woman and they have a relationship is pretty good going because I believe both of them were of a mind that "true love" was never going to be an option and then they met.

I can't wait to see what comes next!
Old 10-20-2017, 07:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The VF interview was certainly not about her relationship! I calculated the percentages (posted them here, so feel free to look them up) and it was a very small percentage of the aeticle. She mainly talked about Suits, her background, charity work and life in general. And she said a few sentences about her boyfriend (not mentioned by name); no time to go public yet and they are in love. VF added some general royal information and of course zoomed in on her relationship but if the point had been to talk about her relationship, she would surely have done that extensively and she didn't
Respectfully, IMHO, the ONLY reason VF asked her to do that interview was because she was willing to talk about her relationship with Harry (whether specifically named or not).

An actress in her situation would maybe get a page, or blurb, on the inside of the magazine, not the cover. Again, just my opinion.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:00 PM
Majesty

Absolutely right. Its all about Harry.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-20-2017, 08:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
Respectfully, IMHO, the ONLY reason VF asked her to do that interview was because she was willing to talk about her relationship with Harry (whether specifically named or not).

An actress in her situation would maybe get a page, or blurb, on the inside of the magazine, not the cover. Again, just my opinion.
Yes, I'm sure her relationship with Harry is why she got the cover. However, the interview itself was not all about Harry.

It's interesting to note how often some like to point out that Harry is the reason she got the cover, as if anyone in the BRF has ever gotten a mag cover based solely on their accomplishments. Safe to say that had they not been born into royalty, it's very likely that none of the royals would be on the cover of any magazines.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
I have a feeling.
With all due respect, that's not really an answer.

I see Harry as happier and more relaxed than ever. He and Meghan seem to just get each other and enjoy being together. I think once they actually spent time together summer and fall of 2016, the relationship moved along swiftly.

Based on everything I've observed over the past year, I think an engagement will be sooner, rather than later.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think that is more to do with geography. Harry's previous girlfriends were UK based and the tabloids (as usual) were all over them.

Not so in Canada (she's very lucky)
While Canada isn't a paparazzi infested town, there are still a lot of "social" scenes. Not everything gets printed because people there are more laid back about celebrity in general, but with this big of story, eyes are on her. Multiple places have reported that she basically disappeared from the social scene. She used to go to quite a few events and benefits along with Jessica and that crew.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:

The original statement was that Meghan did the interview because of her relationship with Harry - which I disputed. You argue that VF wanted the interview (and her on the cover) because of Harry... that's a different statement.

There is a huge difference between why Meghan did the interview (as others suggested: it might have been a way of handling both her new life as girlfriend of a royal and her work expectations/contractual obligations as an actress in Suits) and why VF wanted the interview
Old 10-20-2017, 08:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
With all due respect, that's not really an answer.

I see Harry as happier and more relaxed than ever. He and Meghan seem to just get each other and enjoy being together. I think once they actually spent time together summer and fall of 2016, the relationship moved along swiftly.

Based on everything I've observed over the past year, I think an engagement will be sooner, rather than later.
Thats your opinion, doesn't mean it will be true. I believe I am right.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
The original statement was that Meghan did the interview because of her relationship with Harry - which I disputed. You argue that VF wanted the interview (and her on the cover) because of Harry... that's a different statement.

There is a huge difference between why Meghan did the interview (as others suggested: it might have been a way of handling both her new life as girlfriend of a royal and her work expectations/contractual obligations as an actress in Suits) and why VF wanted the interview
I think both are true. The interview was mainly her introduction as Prince Harry’s girlfriend and giving a little insight into their relationship. I think they wanted to get ahead of the media and quell interest.

She also got the interview because she is Dating Prince Harry. That’s not a criticism, it just is. I have no problems with her career or accomplishments, but they don’t really matter to me when it comes to being a royal.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty1224 View Post
Thats your opinion, doesn't mean it will be true. I believe I am right.
On what observations or articles do you base your opinion? You haven't given us anything to understand why you believe an engagement won't happen. There has to be something that makes you think this. Please enlighten the rest of us. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I don't know if VF does off limit topics. I know they don't give approval rights on editorial. There was a fight with Gweneth Paltrow years ago over that. Anyways, no one is denying this relationship has elevated how many people know her or is interested because of it. It is what it is. She doesn't control that.

What she has done is that she has stepped back from most of her media obligations to her show, and in exchange did one exclusive profile with a respectable magazine that did mainly focus on her and her show with very limited talk about her relationship. I know everyone here is honed in on the BRF, but there is more to the world and life. She's trying to find an acceptable compromise between the two worlds.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Still predicting an announcement in Dec/Jan!

Very public at the I.G., obvious he has developed a good relationship with her mother. Gave up the lease on her car, apparently not renewing contract with Suits, giving up the lease on her home (the latest story)...if all accurate then the announcement will come sooner rather than later.

LaRae

Closed Thread