The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-19-2017, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

It just makes me happy to see the number of photos that we now have where one or the other of this couple is looking at the object of their affection with noticeable appreciation. It's not goo goo eyes; it's not all loved up (how I hate that phrase). It's one person looking at another and smiling that "I really like you" smile. I see that same smile on people celebrating their 40th wedding anniversaries. Fingers crossed for these two.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

He's just trying to get attention by making up crazy theories.

LaRae

Old 10-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Royal Highness

Richard Kay is still mourning the golden age of the Diana Years. He's just trying, again, to get a part of the royal cake...Harry and Meghan adventures are just pure caviar for him.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:11 PM
Majesty

Yes, a wedding at St. James Cathedral in Toronto, and then a honeymoon in Niagara Falls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post

2. A wedding in Canada? Is he drunk or something?
Old 10-19-2017, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I like Niagara Falls though things nearby are sometimes a bit tacky. I don't think that Harry would mind that at all! However, the groom and bride's preferences aren't really at the top of the agenda at a royal wedding.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:24 AM
Majesty

If he was picturing a wedding at a waterfall, I think he'd be picturing something more exotic like Victoria falls, considering his love of Africa.

The ridiculous story about titles

Surprised took this long. Seriously, could anyone be foolish enough to believe that it may be under discussion. The queen has never made a daughter in law, not alone Kate, a princess in her own right. Like there is any chance at all that she would do it for Meghan. Of course she will be HRH Princess Henry, Duchess of X. A lazy royal reporter trying to get hits by misleading people who don't know enough about royals to know better.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:04 AM
Majesty

You certainly called that right! The same goes for where he might marry when he puts the overseas option in. That is never going to happen as his grandparents couldn't make such a trip and he has not been slow at telling us how he feels about both of them.

Shutting them out is just not going to happen, but then again, an overseas wedding would mean the greater part of his family would be unable to attend due to engagements immediately prior or after the wedding day.

And then there is the most obvious reason why it is never going to happen. Name me a country that would be happy to suffer the inconvenience of a royal wedding, not to mention who would have to pay for it. This is the British Royal Family, not the Casiraghi's and I am betting that there will be at least some requirements to be met for the government, not to mention coverage for the nation.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:20 AM
Courtier

Apparently it now seems St George's Chapel; early Summer

What I am surprised at if true?

Strictly Private Wedding - NO TV Camera's/or Filming.

So the same as Lady Helen Windsor, in 1992?

Will Meghan Markle be Princess or the Duchess of Sussex? | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-20-2017, 04:00 AM
Heir Apparent

If the Fail knows any details about Harry's wedding I'll eat my hat, and I will be flabbergasted if there is no filming for TV. I will bet good money that there will be.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
If the Fail knows any details about Harry's wedding I'll eat my hat, and I will be flabbergasted if there is no filming for TV. I will bet good money that there will be.
I'd have to agree. It maybe a pared down affair compared to William's but I can't see it not being televised. I get that he is the grandson of the reigning monarch (and not the heir) and that her other grandchildren who have gotten married did not have their weddings televised (except William who is or course going to be king someday), but neither Zara or Peter are working royals either. Harry is and Meghan would be. I think that makes a difference. I think the Queen and the Palace are probably willing to give Harry a lot of leeway in what he wants, but I think this is one thing that there wouldn't be a lot of wiggle room on. And honestly as private as Harry is, he's also pretty media savvy, I think he knows that there are a lot of people in the public who would really want share this day with him and Meghan. So I just don't see any possible wedding (can we get to the engagement first! LOL!) not being televised.

Edited: Oh and I thought of another thing. If the British people are paying for any part of the wedding, I'd expect that there are a lot of citizens who would expect to be able to see it broadcast. Now if Harry or his family are going to pay for it privately I guess then all bets are off. But you can't have a publicly paid for wedding in private.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:14 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
About that hat, Curryong. If Kay and the Fail know what they're talking about, I'll throw in a pair of gloves and join you in eating that hat.

We could also look at this from another angle. A business one. Harry has recently been stepping up and out and going places on tour representing his monarch and the "Firm". Many places here on TRF I've seen it stated that Harry is quite the up and coming ambassador of good will for the UK. Wherever he goes, people love him and are charmed by him. He resonates with people and to me, that's a prime asset when you're in the diplomatic business.

With such a public role that is destined to increase as the years pass, I think the "Firm" and the government and the courtiers and anyone with eyeballs in their head realize that Harry is not only the Queen's grandson but he's also a golden ticket to reach people. People who have met him around the globe would feel "I know this guy" sitting there watching him marry on TV. Heck, a lot of us would feel that way watching. I get that Harry treasures and holds his privacy close to his vest but I don't think he'd request a strictly private wedding and leave out his "friends" all over the globe.

To make it totally a private occasion goes against the grain of the business Harry is in. You can't expect to be able to reach people in the four corners of the earth and have a reputation for being very likable and charming and then decide to go totally against the grain of your personality and shut everyone out on a day of a senior royal wedding which by tradition in the 20th century always included the public in some ways.

Sorry Richard, ain't going to happen. Quit adding whiskey to your tea. Its messing those tea leaves up badly.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Adding in a pair of my son's band socks to the hat and gloves, so let's hope that we're right and he's not! I agree that this wedding will be scaled down when compared to William's but that it will be televised.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

How Meghan Markle will be the saving grace of the British Royal Family – Royal Central

I like Meghan. I like Harry. I like Harry and Meghan as a couple, but I wish that articles like this one were not written because there has been no official announcement at this point in time. Also IMHO this places too much pressure on the person and the couple's relationship.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
articles like this one
I'm sure that if Ms Markle marries Prince Harry she will bring her own 'skill set', into the firm, but to describe her as 'the saving grace' of the BRF is utterly ridiculous.

It implies that this incredibly popular institution is somehow 'on its last legs' !

What with the Prince of Wales' 'Princes Trust', The Cambridges' and Harry's work on Mental Health and Service people, The Duchess of Cornwall on Osteoporosis/Children's reading and abuse of Women the firm are MORE relevant and consequently popular than EVER.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:17 AM
Commoner

Somehow I still doubt that they are going to get engaged anytime soon! They’ve only been dating for more than a year, I estimate an engagement will come next summer at the earliest.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I'm sure that if Ms Markle marries Prince Harry she will bring her own 'skill set', into the firm, but to describe her as 'the saving grace' of the BRF is utterly ridiculous.
I especially cringed at the comment about her being on all the mags "like Diana." That is wishful thinking on the part of the Daily Fail desperately trying to create a phenom they can exploit.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:29 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Face it, we're going to be getting a lot of off the wall articles from here on until Harry's kids start university and the focus switches to their lives and foibles and romances (if not before then).

I don't go looking for these articles but no matter where I go for my news feed, something along these lines always seem to crop up. The British royal family is as popular as ever with the general reading public in the US and I cringe at some of the headlines I see. I think also that with a growing interest in Harry's possible engagement and marriage, more and more people are going to be starting to be drawn here to "get the scoop" so to speak. All the more reason we here need to keep things on a factual basis. Even with posting some of the off the wall links such as Richard Kay's about private and no TV, here we have the opportunity to present just where these articles miss their mark and why.

I think it gives us an excellent opportunity to set the facts straight and pass on what we do know. We're in for a wild ride and I'm going to love every minute of it.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfisa View Post
Somehow I still doubt that they are going to get engaged anytime soon! They’ve only been dating for more than a year, I estimate an engagement will come next summer at the earliest.
It's been almost a year since KP issued Harry's warning to back off from intrusive behavior and over the line comments/articles-the relationship was already serious then.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

The royal family is in for a heap of trouble if it’s ‘saviour’ is going to be a b-list American actress who will grace the magazine covers like Diana.

It was that kind of celebrity that almost sunk the ship in the 80s and 90s.

A thousand year old institution with a current approval rating pushing 80 percent doesn’t need a saviour but what do I know.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The royal family is in for a heap of trouble if it’s ‘saviour’ is going to be a b-list American actress who will grace the magazine covers like Diana.

It was that kind of celebrity that almost sunk the ship in the 80s and 90s.

A thousand year old institution with a current approval rating pushing 80 percent doesn’t need a saviour but what do I know.
Rudolph, you know that is a fantasy of the segment of the press missing the 80s and early 90s tabloid fever. Neither Meghan or Harry are doing anything to indicate they are encouraging anything like that.