The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-18-2017, 11:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Harry and Meghan tea with The Queen could be true, but the best sighting will be Meghan attending something with members of the royal family present.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-18-2017, 11:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Other than Harry you mean....but we don't even know if she's in the U.K. They are really good at flying below radar.

LaRae

Old 10-18-2017, 11:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Will and Kate had 1900. I don't think they'll have 1900, but I wouldn't count on it being shrunk to 800 either.
Thanks on the Will and Kate info. I was way off! I knew it was over 1000. Anyway I think St. George's holds about 800 because that's about what Charles and Camilla had. Edward had about 650. So if Meghan and Harry do creep up into the 1000 range, which could happen they'll have to be somewhere larger. Like I said I could make a case for a couple of scenarios.

I'll be really interested when this show does finally get on the road (which barring some disaster) will probably be soon. It will be interesting what decisions are made and how it is all rolled out. That's the political/PR person in me. The BRF make their statements, not always by what they do, but how they do it. I think we'll be able to tell a lot.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Most likely the Abbey or St George ..I am hoping for the Abbey myself.

LaRae
Old 10-19-2017, 12:11 AM
Nobility

I'd be interested in seeing what the guest list for William and Kate consisted of, then we might have a better idea as to the number. A good number of people at the Cambridge wedding were invited because of William's position as the future king. Some of those invited may not be necessary for Harry.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
I'd be interested in seeing what the guest list for William and Kate consisted of, then we might have a better idea as to the number. A good number of people at the Cambridge wedding were invited because of William's position as the future king. Some of those invited may not be necessary for Harry.
Of course not everyone there would be invited. However, Harry's wedding would potentially include more members of military that he's met through IG or beneficiaries of his other charities. Why we have to remember is that the state part of William's wedding was already scaled down.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:18 AM
Aristocracy

Not to mention a certain former President and First Lady! One can hope! (They would of course be attending as just regular, private citizens, which they now are. But private citizens with Secret Service protection. )
Old 10-19-2017, 12:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Of course not everyone there would be invited. However, Harry's wedding would potentially include more members of military that he's met through IG or beneficiaries of his other charities.
I'm aware. That's why I'd be curious to see the guest list. Still, there will be less people who are required to be invited in terms of politicians, government officials, foreign royals, etc. How many of those people make up the guest list and therefore aren't necessarily going to be at Harry's wedding is what I'm interested in. There will still be plenty of guests. Definitely more than any normal person would invite.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Other than Harry you mean....but we don't even know if she's in the U.K. They are really good at flying below radar.

LaRae
Yes, and yes they are good on flying under radar. Which is good. I’m just looking for those big sightings.

Catherine had weddings, Garter Ceremony, and graduation ceremonies.

What Meghan’s big royal family sighting will be? Just wondering...

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-19-2017, 12:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes, and yes they are good on flying under radar. Which is good. I’m just looking for those big sightings.

Catherine had weddings, Garter Ceremony, and graduation ceremonies.

What Meghan’s big royal family sighting will be? Just wondering...
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an opportunity as there are no big family events for the rest of the year. I don't even know if there will be many polo matches coming up. If they get engaged by the end of the year, she may have some opportunity to be around everyone before the wedding, but I doubt it. Sad...I loved seeing Kate and Chelsy at those events during the dating years.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Certainly not the entire guest list but give you a sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rine_Middleton

The difference is it was a semi state occasion, and there were many 'required' guests. A lot of politicians, religious figures, high military figures and so on. As well as a large showing of foreign royals. You can cut the majority of those off the list for Harry and Meghan.

The required guest list will be much smaller. Other then the family. There will be some military because of Harry but likely more Invictus and personal ones.

As for foreign royals, I don't see there being much of a turn out. Harry has no personal connection, and he isn't the future king. Other then the Greeks I'd expect the German relations, the Oettingens (Harry hunts with them and has been to their weddings) and Prince Seeiso and his wife. Any others are really a toss up.

Celebrities on both sides as Meghan is sure to invite her friends and some co-workers. The Mulroneys, some Suits costars, Serena Williams, Priyanka among others I'd expect to see. As well as some celebrities Harry has done work with through charities.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Of course there is the Spencer side of the family. Harry has masses of Spencer/Fellowes/McCorqudale cousins.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Of course there is the Spencer side of the family. Harry has masses of Spencer/Fellowes/McCorqudale cousins.
I wouldn't call 12 cousins a mass of cousins (13 but little Charlotte is likely too young to be brought). Along with the aunts/uncles, and the spouses of 2 cousins, that is a whopping 20 Spencers. Not sure any of Jane's grandchildren are old enough to attend, at least Alexander's aren't. Well and Baron Fermoy and his wife went to William's so many attend.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for sharing the list from the Cambridge's wedding Countessmeout.

I'd forgotten how extensive the guest list was for this semi-state occasion.

I would say that like William, Harry will likely invite service members that he worked with in the past. Of course we'll see Spencer family members and personal friends.

Harry's future wife would have her own family, friends and colleagues that she'd wish to invite.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:15 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Whatever the guest list looks like, it will reflect Harry and Meghan as a couple. His friends, her friends, their friends. Most of the people that will be there will have a personal relationship to the couple rather than a church filled with "duty invites" although there are bound to be some. Even should the Trudeaus and the Obamas attend, it won't be because of governmental or political leanings but because they're personal friends of the couple.

I do think we're going to see a more up close and personal wedding than one of strict protocol with Harry's wedding. Not to say that it'll lack the pomp and circumstances as befits a member of the British royal family. I also expect to see more emotion on the faces of the bride and groom than we did with William's. Harry just can't hide his emotions. Its not in his nature.

Frankly, I think Meghan could wear a potato sack as a wedding dress and look radiant in it. At this point, I could care less who the designer is or what nationality the designer is. It will be pure Meghan. There are certain traditions I think they will follow such as the wedding ring being made out of Welsh gold, a sprig of myrtle from Queen Victoria's garden at Osborne House, and the laying of the bouquet at the Grave of the Unknown Warrior (should the wedding be at Westminster Abbey).

Weddings are such fun and wonderful to watch and I'm enjoying all of this immensely and we've not even had a formal official engagement announcement yet!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:20 AM
Majesty

While there is the probability that St Georges will be used, we may very well not going to get a wedding kiss on the steps. That is too much open ground for that many of the royal family to all be together and pose on the steps so I'm guessing that the only kiss we would see would be the kiss at the end of the service. On the plus side, a bride with a cathedral train looks great (Lady Helen Taylor).

Westminster Abbey lends itself as a suitable venue if for no other reason the security services know the area well and which street grates need welding shut. It is a controllable situation for no other reason than they are used to it. On the minus side, it can make any bride that doesn't throw a suitable dress and train at it look a little insignificant and overwhelmed by the Abbey itself.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:29 AM
Aristocracy

Osipi, great perspective! I am totally loving this too. Mainly because a lot of this territory is really unknown. There are some precedents we can look to, and definitely some things that will be mandatory, but with Harry's position there are a lot less "have to's" and expectations. And with Meghan there just really isn't anyone who has married into the BRF recently to really compare her to. I find that exciting!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:33 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Is a kiss really all that important? Do we really, really need one to cement this wedding? When I think about it, although Harry and Meghan have kept things pretty much under the radar and out of the public eye, one thing we *have* had is a kiss at the Invictus Games. Given that it wasn't a full blown, right dab smack on the lips kiss, but it was a kiss nevertheless. Right there and out in front and in public. That kind of cemented things for me.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Is a kiss really all that important? Do we really, really need one to cement this wedding? When I think about it, although Harry and Meghan have kept things pretty much under the radar and out of the public eye, one thing we *have* had is a kiss at the Invictus Games. Given that it wasn't a full blown, right dab smack on the lips kiss, but it was a kiss nevertheless. Right there and out in front and in public. That kind of cemented things for me.
Oh but there was an on the lips kiss! It was super blurry but it happened! I'm not sure if I remember the link I saw it. But it happened! It was quick, but cute! Let me see if I can find it.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:39 AM
Majesty

There is no real need for the entire family to be in the kiss picture. Isnt it about the kiss? They could share a kiss as they exit the church, with their bridal party. Or they could have a select group of their families. Edward and Sophie posed with a large chunk of the family on the steps before they left in their carriage. Same could be done here.