Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what time of the day Will and Kate’s announcement came in? I think that’d be a good indication for any engagement announcement and what time in the day we should expect it if it’s true.

I guess we'll know the answer tomorrow.?
Whether it is a go or just a overblown rumor.

Last edited:
Fwiw, Emily Andrews was definitively saying she doesn't expect an announcement tomorrow on twitter.

London is 6 hours ahead of us in Central Time. Maybe when I get up tomorrow there will be news!

LaRae

7 hours here, mountain time. May brighten up a lovely 4am wake up call.

Does anyone know what time of the day Will and Kate’s announcement came in? I think that’d be a good indication for any engagement announcement and what time in the day we should expect it if it’s true.

10am. Clarence house tweeted it at the same time.

Whenever they do announce I'm guessing we will get to see a interview with the two of them later in the day.

LaRae

DO we know how much earlier they would ask royal press pack to gather at KP for an announcement? I know for Prince Phillip’s retirement, they were asked in the middle of the night, but I don’t know if this would be treated the same?
Depends on what time KP/Clarence House staff are notified themselves. And that is one difference to note from Will & Kate's announcement. It will be interesting to see which household gives the press call and makes the announcement. I rather suspect it will come from KP since they're the ones who sent out Harry's acknowledgement last year.

As it is, I really hope they wait until the afternoon for a media call. I work tomorrow so a 2am barrage of tweets from KP wouldn't be all that pleasant, lol (Pacific time checking in here!).

Depends on what time KP/Clarence House staff are notified themselves. And that is one difference to note from Will & Kate's announcement. It will be interesting to see which household gives the press call and makes the announcement. I rather suspect it will come from KP since they're the ones who sent out Harry's acknowledgement last year.

As it is, I really hope they wait until the afternoon for a media call. I work tomorrow so a 2am barrage of tweets from KP wouldn't be all that pleasant, lol (Pacific time checking in here!).
I think it’ll be from KP as well. It came from Clearance House at the time because that was where William was based at at that time.

I’m sure the time is carefully considered to accommodate cut off time for broadcasting purposes. That’s why I asked. I would expect an announcement around that time again if there is an announcement. Just to be safe, I’d put the phone on do not disturb mode if I were you. Lol

I think it’ll be from KP as well. It came from Clearance House at the time because that was where William was based at at that time.

I’m sure the time is carefully considered to accommodate cut off time for broadcasting purposes. That’s why I asked. I would expect an announcement around that time again if there is an announcement. Just to be safe, I’d put the phone on do not disturb mode if I were you. Lol
Oh, that's what time I expect as well. I'm just not looking forward to 2am tweets, whichever day they come since I'll certainly be working that day (haven't scheduled any vacation time during the next month, lol). I actually started actively using my Twitter acct back when Kate was due with Charlotte because I had started a new job and didn't want to miss the news. :)

Everyone should calm down and just wait and see. Let her get things unpacked and settled in.

Ok Royal watchers...if I am going to follow twitter sites/people who are good ones to follow (other than KP)?

LaRae

Weirdly enough, I am not a believer of the witterings of z-list wannabes. Twitter? Not unless it's direct from KP. To be honest I'd laugh the whole idea off if it were not for the fact that UK Bookies have suspended betting! Those guys aren't going to close the enormous, sucking, money pot at the end of the rainbow that is the joyful announcement unless they have a fairly credible source.

Weirdly enough, I am not a believer of the witterings of z-list wannabes. Twitter? Not unless it's direct from KP. To be honest I'd laugh the whole idea off if it were not for the fact that UK Bookies have suspended betting! Those guys aren't going to close the enormous, sucking, money pot at the end of the rainbow that is the joyful announcement unless they have a fairly credible source.

But I thought I read they suspended betting back around the Invictus Games. I distinctly remember reading about that. How does that work? Did they open it up again and then suspend it again. Or are they just repeating an old story?

I'm just not seeing a story this big being broken on a Friday. Friday is usually when you dump a story you want buried. It's called "Take Out the Trash Day".

It is very possible it could happen Friday, but my money is on next week or the week after. And if not then, then we're looking at right after new years. I don't see it going past that.

Last edited:
Hmmm the bookies. Yes I could see where they could manage to get a tip about upcoming events.

LaRae

Ok Royal watchers...if I am going to follow twitter sites/people who are good ones to follow (other than KP)?

LaRae

Rebecca English

Richard Palmer

Royal Central

Clarence House

Charlie Proctor

The Royal Family

But I thought I read they suspended betting back around the Invictus Games. I distinctly remember reading about that. How does that work? Did they open it up again and then suspend it again. Or are they just repeating an old story?

I'm just not seeing a story this big being broken on a Friday. Friday is usually when you dump a story you want buried. It's called "Take Out the Trash Day".

It is very possible it could happen Friday, but my money is on next week or the week after. And if not then, then we're looking at right after new years. I don't see it going past that.

I doubt KP cares whether it is a big story or not-and the news people don't have a say in the timing.

Rebecca English

Richard Palmer

Royal Central

Clarence House

Charlie Proctor

The Royal Family
Roya Nikkah

Camilla Tominey

Emily Andrews (though I think she is currently on maternity leave)

Victoria Arbiter

Dickie Arbiter

And, obviously the official Twitter acct of The Royal Family.

Surely Meghan would not leave her dogs behind now that she is in London? Aren't they important to her? Yes, I worry about furbabies even if they aren't mine, so does anyone know where they are at or if they are in London with her? It would be cute if she could include them with her and Harry when the announcement is made.....family all together as one unit finally. And I mean by family Harry, Meghan and the dogs for then they are on their way to being that family that Harry has always wanted for himself.

I doubt KP cares whether it is a big story or not-and the news people don't have a say in the timing.

It's not about the media having a say in the timing, they never really do. It's about KP controlling the story and the roll out, and Fridays are just known bad news days.

If the rumor is that they're planning to have their wedding next summer, it is doubtful that they would make an engagement announcement 8 months in advance. The royals don't tend to do long engagements. To give you an idea Charles & Diana made their announcement in February & got married in July.

The only way I can see an announcement happening now is if they are planning to get married in the early spring before Kate's baby is born. Or even perhaps a February wedding. I also think Harry & Meghan would want to avoid 8 months of wedding talk & dissection from the media about every minute detail.

Last edited:
If the rumor is that they're planning to have their wedding next summer, it is doubtful that they would make an engagement announcement 8 months in advance. The royals don't tend to do long engagements. To give you an idea Charles & Diana made their announcement in February & got married in July.

The only way I can see an announcement happening now is if they are planning to get married in the early spring before Kate's baby is born. Or even perhaps a February wedding. I also think Harry & Meghan would want to avoid 8 months of wedding talk & dissection from the media about every minute detail.

May wedding would be at max 6 months from a late Nov engagement, totally within the normal time frame. I still think mid Feb through March is out because of Lent. Early Feb is barely 2 months away at this point.

Last edited:
May wedding would be at max 6 months from a late Nov engagement, totally within the normal time frame. I still think mid Feb through March is out because of Lent.

Kate's due date is in April. If I remember correctly Charlotte's due date was also in April but she wasn't born until May! This is why I have my doubts they'll have a May wedding.

If they were to get married at the end of Feb that gives them 3 months to plan. The royals have staff at their disposal. They are pro's in organising large events sometimes at short notice.

Last edited:
Even the royal reporters on twitter are clueless actually ! Everyone is just speculating !
Only KP knows what's going on !

Kate's due date is in April. If I remember correctly Charlotte's due date was also in April but she wasn't born until May! This is why I have my doubts they'll have a May wedding.

If they were to get married at the end of Feb that gives them 3 months to plan. The royals have staff at their disposal. They are pro's in organising large events sometimes at short notice.

End of February is Lent-Lent begins Feb 14. Unless it is a very small low key wedding I doubt it would happen during Lent.

Although I know Harry is very British and Meghan is an American, I sure would hate to have my engagement date remembered as "Black Friday". Sounds a bit ominous to me. :eek:

I believe, as I've said before, that it's quite possible Harkle may wish to hold off with an announcement until the first or second months of next year. In that way, they could limit the in-between time to the wedding, and stave off as much frenzy as possible, perhaps.

Therefore, Valentine's Day sounds like a cool and romantic occasion to coincide with an engagement announcement. :heart2:

Anything can happen. Meghan is still in the process of settling in. I should think they'd want to get her dogs over there first, and tie up some of the logistical details surrounding the wedding date, which would be announced shortly after the official engagement is behind them. Before an engagement reveal though, they will have already set a date, I would think. The royals work a year or two in advance re their schedules.

Last edited:
End of February is Lent-Lent begins Feb 14. Unless it is a very small low key wedding I doubt it would happen during Lent.

I wasn't aware that there was a rule that royals could not get married around the six weeks lent period. There are hardly any official royal engagements that I know of for Easter. Harry did not even spend last year's Easter in the UK. He was in Toronto with Meghan.

Last edited:
The Queen is a deeply religious woman, though. I don't think she would approve of a wedding in Lent.
Anyway, most modern royals have, for their first marriages, wed in the warmer, sunnier months. It gets tourists and others out on the streets. February is a cold and miserable month in England.
Most royals in the BRF have a five-six month engagement.

Last edited:
According to Charlie Proctor on Facebook, Royal Reporters are primed and ready and the announcement will likely come on Monday:

(Shout out to @whatmegwore on twitter for the find)

Well, if it's Monday, that makes more sense than the Friday after Thanksgiving. Monday would mean a wedding date scheduled most likely sometime around the end of May 2018. Also by making the announcement ahead of the Christmas holidays, Meghan can finally show up on Harry's arm at family events, etc. ?

We'll find out soon enough if anything will be announced before the royal Christmas schedule begins.

So either a wedding at end of May and the Cambridge third baby Christening in June, or vice versa?
If a wedding is scheduled around end of June, it would coincide closely with the 2016 anniversary of Harkle being officially introduced at Soho House in London, by Markus Anderson.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom