The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2461  
Old 10-18-2017, 07:27 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
A new article says that Meghan & Harry met the Queen last week Thursday. The Suits cast are currently on a mini break. There have been similar stories in the past about Meghan meeting the Queen so read it with caution!

Harry, Meghan and a VERY discreet tea party with the Queen | Daily Mail Online
The members of the cast started posting pictures of vacation about 5 days ago, so timing wise, it's definitely possible. Although I don't know how much of the details I trust.

And the Queen takes tea at 5?!?! What time does she take dinner?!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2462  
Old 10-18-2017, 07:29 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I thought PRincess Michaeal was did have charity patronges as did Prince Michael.
They do not carry out official royal duties and therefore have to pay to stay at KP - market rate.

They do sometimes attend events at the invitation of HMQ

Like the rest of us, they can do work for or represent charities.
__________________

__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #2463  
Old 10-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I thought PRincess Michaeal was did have charity patronges as did Prince Michael.
I think there are differences between charity patronages and royal duties. Like Invictus is a charity patronage, but technically not royal duty.
Reply With Quote
  #2464  
Old 10-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Zionsville, United States
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
DITTO. I have no doubt that she will be one beautiful bride.
Absolutely! She already has a keen eye for fashion and in designing her wedding dress she will have access to the very best. She could go with a more unknown British designer. The people who designed Princess Diana's wedding dress weren't big names. Maybe even a British designer of color! I'm really looking forward to not just her wedding attire, but also all the other little personal touches we might see. As has been stated she and Harry have a bit more freedom. The upside of not being the heir.
Reply With Quote
  #2465  
Old 10-18-2017, 07:36 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
A new article says that Meghan & Harry met the Queen last week Thursday. The Suits cast are currently on a mini break. There have been similar stories in the past about Meghan meeting the Queen so read it with caution!

Harry, Meghan and a VERY discreet tea party with the Queen | Daily Mail Online
Odd - the Queen and Princess Royal attended a Reception on Thursday - at 6:30, so in other news, we discover that HMQ is a quick change artist!
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #2466  
Old 10-18-2017, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,742
Marina in marrying the Duke of Kent was of a fairly similar rank to the one Meghan will occupy, more so than than the Duchess of Gloucester. The family of Prince Nicholas was based in Paris so she wasn't really used to London or to BRF life.

She's interesting I think in that when she and Prince George married she was still of the Greek Orthodox religion and the Greek Orthodox wedding ceremony followed the Anglican one. She must have converted some time but a GO primate was present at her funeral, assisting the Archbishop of Canterbury.
Reply With Quote
  #2467  
Old 10-18-2017, 07:38 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Hamilton, United Kingdom
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
And as far as sex scenes...ummm Harry certainly wasn't shy with his sexcapades ..we all got to see an eye full of him! At least Meghan's were only pretend!


LaRae

Freddy Windsor's wife Sophie appeared in probably more explicit sex scenes including at least one topless (and played a fictional British princess) and she got married in white .And she kept working after she got married .

Quote:
Princess Michael of Kent is German I believe
Austrian but brought up in Australia where her mother owned a beauty salon
Reply With Quote
  #2468  
Old 10-18-2017, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
That connotation really only applies to Red poppies [and a bit] to white pacifist ones. In that respect Orange Poppies wouldn't be a problem.. BUT California poppies WILT badly when cut [I know because I grow them myself], and have a 'vase life' of less than an hour..
CERTAINLY not long enough for a long ceremony under blazing Television lights !
Thank you wyevale. I had a feeling these wild flowers would not be able to hold up.
Reply With Quote
  #2469  
Old 10-18-2017, 07:50 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Odd - the Queen and Princess Royal attended a Reception on Thursday - at 6:30, so in other news, we discover that HMQ is a quick change artist!
I just realized Attitude Awards was that night as well. Not that Harry needs that long to do his makeup or hair.
Reply With Quote
  #2470  
Old 10-18-2017, 07:57 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I just realized Attitude Awards was that night as well. Not that Harry needs that long to do his makeup or hair.
I saw that too.

So you take your g/friend to meet HMQ, take her back home and then shoot off to an awards event. "We can talk about it later".

I'm putting this story to one side
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #2471  
Old 10-18-2017, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 5,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
I imagine this will be the last major royal wedding until George and Char come of age.
And their sibling.

Curiosity:
The wedding of Prince George of Wales (future King George V) grandchild of a REIGNING monarch (Queen Victoria) with Princess Mary of Teck took place at the Chapel Royal in St. James Palace.
Both his sisters, Princess Louise & Alexander Duff, 6th Earl of Fife, as well as Princess Maud & Prince Carl of Denmark (later Haakon VII King of Norway) - at the Private Chapel in Buckingham Palace.
Reply With Quote
  #2472  
Old 10-18-2017, 09:04 PM
Anna Catherine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: U.C., United States
Posts: 361
I actually like the idea of St. George's Chapel. It's beautiful and historic. Plus, I think it would better fit Harry's position. How many guests do you think would be invited to his wedding? And the types of guests Just speculating, of course. That gives a pretty good idea of the venue.
Reply With Quote
  #2473  
Old 10-18-2017, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,742
Interesting isn't it that the dark old Chapel Royal was used for family weddings in those days? Of course they were a lot more varied in the 19th century, St James, the Chapel at BP, the local church at Osborne (for Princess Beatrice.) No TV cameras or balcony kiss in those days, not that I can imagine George and Mary doing that anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #2474  
Old 10-18-2017, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,742
I think quite a few friends from Harry's army days will be invited, and vets he's struck up friendships with. Also representatives from his charities. Meghan may well have buddies from Friends and from her charities, and her niece who's a lawyer....
Reply With Quote
  #2475  
Old 10-18-2017, 09:16 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
By this point in time I tend to believe Meghan has met Harry's inner circle of family/friends ..and I think that does include the Queen. This supposed tea meeting with the Queen article notwithstanding there have been plenty of opportunities for her to meet everyone.

I've not heard about any Meghan/Harry sightings this week so far if she's there while the show is on break.


LaRae

Wedding guests..surely will include folks from Harry's military circle and charities along with various friends and the 'obliged to invite' group. Meghan's co-workers and folks involved in her charities as well. She probably a 'obligatory group' also.

I could see them having as many guests as William and then I could see them having less...depends on how they are going to approach things.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #2476  
Old 10-18-2017, 09:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Interesting isn't it that the dark old Chapel Royal was used for family weddings in those days? Of course they were a lot more varied in the 19th century, St James, the Chapel at BP, the local church at Osborne (for Princess Beatrice.) No TV cameras or balcony kiss in those days, not that I can imagine George and Mary doing that anyway.
OMG, I just had a mental image of that and its as funny as it sounded.
Reply With Quote
  #2477  
Old 10-18-2017, 10:47 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,854
I've deleted a number of posts and also moved some to the Future home for Prince Harry thread. Just as a reminder:
  • This is a discussion forum, so there will be a variety of opinions. Some of those opinions you will agree with and some you will not. No matter how you feel, please remember to be respectful of one another. You can disagree without resorting to personal attacks. If you feel that a post is violating the forum rules, please report it instead of disrupting the thread.
Reply With Quote
  #2478  
Old 10-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Zionsville, United States
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
By this point in time I tend to believe Meghan has met Harry's inner circle of family/friends ..and I think that does include the Queen. This supposed tea meeting with the Queen article notwithstanding there have been plenty of opportunities for her to meet everyone.

I've not heard about any Meghan/Harry sightings this week so far if she's there while the show is on break.


LaRae

Wedding guests..surely will include folks from Harry's military circle and charities along with various friends and the 'obliged to invite' group. Meghan's co-workers and folks involved in her charities as well. She probably a 'obligatory group' also.

I could see them having as many guests as William and then I could see them having less...depends on how they are going to approach things.


LaRae
Yeah I'm not buying that story either. I believe the meeting has already happened.

I'm leaning towards Harry and Meghan probably having less guests than Will and Kate. But by less I mean that they may have about 800 people, where I think Will's was about 1200 I think.(not 100% sure) How crazy to think that "only" inviting 800 people might be considered small! LOL! Anyway that's just my guess. I could make a case for it going a couple of different ways (even though I do have my preferences. )
Reply With Quote
  #2479  
Old 10-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
Yeah I'm not buying that story either. I believe the meeting has already happened.

I'm leaning towards Harry and Meghan probably having less guests than Will and Kate. But by less I mean that they may have about 800 people, where I think Will's was about 1200 I think.(not 100% sure) How crazy to think that "only" inviting 800 people might be considered small! LOL! Anyway that's just my guess. I could make a case for it going a couple of different ways (even though I do have my preferences. )
Well to me 100 or less is small! Some of those wedding shows on TV ...400/500 is small. So I guess for a royal, 800 would be small! I am thinking they will have 800 to 1000 ...I don't see how they can crank it down unless they go for a very small wedding (ala Pippa)...then they could restrict it to family and close friends only.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #2480  
Old 10-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
Yeah I'm not buying that story either. I believe the meeting has already happened.

I'm leaning towards Harry and Meghan probably having less guests than Will and Kate. But by less I mean that they may have about 800 people, where I think Will's was about 1200 I think.(not 100% sure) How crazy to think that "only" inviting 800 people might be considered small! LOL! Anyway that's just my guess. I could make a case for it going a couple of different ways (even though I do have my preferences. )
Will and Kate had 1900. I don't think they'll have 1900, but I wouldn't count on it being shrunk to 800 either.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 35 (9 members and 26 guests)
Alliec76, andrew, Jacknch, MaiaMia_53, QueenPenny, Spectator, Sunnystar, zaika
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Harry and Meghan: The Love Story" eya Royal Library 30 10-28-2017 02:39 AM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge eveningwear dutch state visit earl of snowdon europe general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín james bond king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein margherita monarchy news paris picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar prince philip prince sebastian princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family united kingdom victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises