The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-18-2017, 07:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
A new article says that Meghan & Harry met the Queen last week Thursday. The Suits cast are currently on a mini break. There have been similar stories in the past about Meghan meeting the Queen so read it with caution!

Harry, Meghan and a VERY discreet tea party with the Queen | Daily Mail Online
The members of the cast started posting pictures of vacation about 5 days ago, so timing wise, it's definitely possible. Although I don't know how much of the details I trust.

And the Queen takes tea at 5?!?! What time does she take dinner?!

Old 10-18-2017, 07:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I thought PRincess Michaeal was did have charity patronges as did Prince Michael.
They do not carry out official royal duties and therefore have to pay to stay at KP - market rate.

They do sometimes attend events at the invitation of HMQ

Like the rest of us, they can do work for or represent charities.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I thought PRincess Michaeal was did have charity patronges as did Prince Michael.
I think there are differences between charity patronages and royal duties. Like Invictus is a charity patronage, but technically not royal duty.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
DITTO. I have no doubt that she will be one beautiful bride.
Absolutely! She already has a keen eye for fashion and in designing her wedding dress she will have access to the very best. She could go with a more unknown British designer. The people who designed Princess Diana's wedding dress weren't big names. Maybe even a British designer of color! I'm really looking forward to not just her wedding attire, but also all the other little personal touches we might see. As has been stated she and Harry have a bit more freedom. The upside of not being the heir.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
A new article says that Meghan & Harry met the Queen last week Thursday. The Suits cast are currently on a mini break. There have been similar stories in the past about Meghan meeting the Queen so read it with caution!

Harry, Meghan and a VERY discreet tea party with the Queen | Daily Mail Online
Odd - the Queen and Princess Royal attended a Reception on Thursday - at 6:30, so in other news, we discover that HMQ is a quick change artist!

Old 10-18-2017, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Marina in marrying the Duke of Kent was of a fairly similar rank to the one Meghan will occupy, more so than than the Duchess of Gloucester. The family of Prince Nicholas was based in Paris so she wasn't really used to London or to BRF life.

She's interesting I think in that when she and Prince George married she was still of the Greek Orthodox religion and the Greek Orthodox wedding ceremony followed the Anglican one. She must have converted some time but a GO primate was present at her funeral, assisting the Archbishop of Canterbury.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
And as far as sex scenes...ummm Harry certainly wasn't shy with his sexcapades ..we all got to see an eye full of him! At least Meghan's were only pretend!

LaRae

Freddy Windsor's wife Sophie appeared in probably more explicit sex scenes including at least one topless (and played a fictional British princess) and she got married in white .And she kept working after she got married .

Quote:
Princess Michael of Kent is German I believe
Austrian but brought up in Australia where her mother owned a beauty salon
Old 10-18-2017, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
That connotation really only applies to Red poppies [and a bit] to white pacifist ones. In that respect Orange Poppies wouldn't be a problem.. BUT California poppies WILT badly when cut [I know because I grow them myself], and have a 'vase life' of less than an hour..
CERTAINLY not long enough for a long ceremony under blazing Television lights !
Thank you wyevale. I had a feeling these wild flowers would not be able to hold up.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Odd - the Queen and Princess Royal attended a Reception on Thursday - at 6:30, so in other news, we discover that HMQ is a quick change artist!
I just realized Attitude Awards was that night as well. Not that Harry needs that long to do his makeup or hair.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I just realized Attitude Awards was that night as well. Not that Harry needs that long to do his makeup or hair.
I saw that too.

So you take your g/friend to meet HMQ, take her back home and then shoot off to an awards event. "We can talk about it later".

I'm putting this story to one side

Old 10-18-2017, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
I imagine this will be the last major royal wedding until George and Char come of age.
And their sibling.

Curiosity:
The wedding of Prince George of Wales (future King George V) grandchild of a REIGNING monarch (Queen Victoria) with Princess Mary of Teck took place at the Chapel Royal in St. James Palace.
Both his sisters, Princess Louise & Alexander Duff, 6th Earl of Fife, as well as Princess Maud & Prince Carl of Denmark (later Haakon VII King of Norway) - at the Private Chapel in Buckingham Palace.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:04 PM
Nobility

I actually like the idea of St. George's Chapel. It's beautiful and historic. Plus, I think it would better fit Harry's position. How many guests do you think would be invited to his wedding? And the types of guests Just speculating, of course. That gives a pretty good idea of the venue.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting isn't it that the dark old Chapel Royal was used for family weddings in those days? Of course they were a lot more varied in the 19th century, St James, the Chapel at BP, the local church at Osborne (for Princess Beatrice.) No TV cameras or balcony kiss in those days, not that I can imagine George and Mary doing that anyway.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I think quite a few friends from Harry's army days will be invited, and vets he's struck up friendships with. Also representatives from his charities. Meghan may well have buddies from Friends and from her charities, and her niece who's a lawyer....
Old 10-18-2017, 09:16 PM
Heir Apparent

By this point in time I tend to believe Meghan has met Harry's inner circle of family/friends ..and I think that does include the Queen. This supposed tea meeting with the Queen article notwithstanding there have been plenty of opportunities for her to meet everyone.

I've not heard about any Meghan/Harry sightings this week so far if she's there while the show is on break.

LaRae

Wedding guests..surely will include folks from Harry's military circle and charities along with various friends and the 'obliged to invite' group. Meghan's co-workers and folks involved in her charities as well. She probably a 'obligatory group' also.

I could see them having as many guests as William and then I could see them having less...depends on how they are going to approach things.

LaRae
Old 10-18-2017, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Interesting isn't it that the dark old Chapel Royal was used for family weddings in those days? Of course they were a lot more varied in the 19th century, St James, the Chapel at BP, the local church at Osborne (for Princess Beatrice.) No TV cameras or balcony kiss in those days, not that I can imagine George and Mary doing that anyway.
OMG, I just had a mental image of that and its as funny as it sounded.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I've deleted a number of posts and also moved some to the Future home for Prince Harry thread. Just as a reminder:
  • This is a discussion forum, so there will be a variety of opinions. Some of those opinions you will agree with and some you will not. No matter how you feel, please remember to be respectful of one another. You can disagree without resorting to personal attacks. If you feel that a post is violating the forum rules, please report it instead of disrupting the thread.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
By this point in time I tend to believe Meghan has met Harry's inner circle of family/friends ..and I think that does include the Queen. This supposed tea meeting with the Queen article notwithstanding there have been plenty of opportunities for her to meet everyone.

I've not heard about any Meghan/Harry sightings this week so far if she's there while the show is on break.

LaRae

Wedding guests..surely will include folks from Harry's military circle and charities along with various friends and the 'obliged to invite' group. Meghan's co-workers and folks involved in her charities as well. She probably a 'obligatory group' also.

I could see them having as many guests as William and then I could see them having less...depends on how they are going to approach things.

LaRae
Yeah I'm not buying that story either. I believe the meeting has already happened.

I'm leaning towards Harry and Meghan probably having less guests than Will and Kate. But by less I mean that they may have about 800 people, where I think Will's was about 1200 I think.(not 100% sure) How crazy to think that "only" inviting 800 people might be considered small! LOL! Anyway that's just my guess. I could make a case for it going a couple of different ways (even though I do have my preferences. )
Old 10-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post
Yeah I'm not buying that story either. I believe the meeting has already happened.

I'm leaning towards Harry and Meghan probably having less guests than Will and Kate. But by less I mean that they may have about 800 people, where I think Will's was about 1200 I think.(not 100% sure) How crazy to think that "only" inviting 800 people might be considered small! LOL! Anyway that's just my guess. I could make a case for it going a couple of different ways (even though I do have my preferences. )
Well to me 100 or less is small! Some of those wedding shows on TV ...400/500 is small. So I guess for a royal, 800 would be small! I am thinking they will have 800 to 1000 ...I don't see how they can crank it down unless they go for a very small wedding (ala Pippa)...then they could restrict it to family and close friends only.

LaRae
Old 10-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliec76 View Post

Will and Kate had 1900. I don't think they'll have 1900, but I wouldn't count on it being shrunk to 800 either.