The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear! I thought we'd gone through all the 'steamy sex scenes' debate and come to the conclusion that it's called acting!

As for the living with boyfriends business, plenty do. I lived with my future husband before marriage myself, and that was decades ago (and I wore a cream shade dress with flowers in my hair on my wedding day) so I suppose I'm a wicked, wicked woman as well!

Meghan lived with Trevor (her future husband) and with Corey the chef in Toronto, and presumably with Harry at KP. For a woman of 36 I think that's pretty average really, though others may not agree.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:20 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Oh dear! I thought we'd gone through all the 'steamy sex scenes' debate and come to the conclusion that it's called acting!

As for the living with boyfriends business, plenty do. I lived with my future husband before marriage myself, and that was decades ago (and I wore a cream shade dress with flowers in my hair on my wedding day) so I suppose I'm a wicked, wicked woman as well!

Meghan lived with Trevor (her future husband) and with Corey the chef in Toronto, and presumably with Harry at KP. For a woman of 36 I think that's pretty average really, though others may not agree.
Certainly living with your boyfriend is fine, I lived with my future husband before we got married, I actually think I would be a good idea for Meghan and Harry to live together before they get engaged.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaika View Post
Certainly living with your boyfriend is fine, I lived with my future husband before we got married, I actually think I would be a good idea for Meghan and Harry to live together before they get engaged.
Yet, you just shamed her for it and stated that as one of the reasons why her wearing white on her wedding day would be ridiculous? I'm really not understanding the logic here.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Yet, you just shamed her for it and stated that as one of the reasons why her wearing white on her wedding day would be ridiculous? I'm really not understanding the logic here.
I misunderstand, I think it's a good idea for Meghan and Harry to live together before they get engaged. I think that living together would enable them to have a better idea of whether or not they are able to weather the inevitable storms that will follow marriage. Being together every day increases the chances you will see the other person at their worst as well as at their best.

And I did not shame her for living with her ex-boyfriend, it's that given Meghan's history, she would be better off presented in an off-white dress, IMO.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Don't be so shocked,

Nothing to do with being "unpure", but she is a divorcee, she lived with her boyfriend (right around the time she met Harry), she is an actress with a number of steamy sex scenes in her IMB, quite frankly I think she would look ridiculous in white. Pastels would be much better IMO.

All of the women who marry into the RF's now have lived with their boyfriends before marriage. The only exception I can think of is Stephanie de Lannoy, who reportedly never even had a boyfriend before she met Guillaume of Luxembourg. .And even "virginal" Stephanie did not choose to marry in white..she wore a dreamy oyster silver-gray colored bridal gown.

Mette-Marit of Norway had a full life before she became Crown Princess of Norway. She had a child with another man. She did not wear pastel at her wedding..

Have you ever heard of Sofia Hellqvist, who married Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden. Google her when you get a chance.

If SHE could wear white to her wedding anyone can!!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-18-2017, 06:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I misunderstand, I think it's a good idea for Meghan and Harry to live together before they get engaged. I think that living together would enable them to have a better idea of whether or not they are able to weather the inevitable storms that will follow marriage. Being together every day increases the chances you will see the other person at their worst as well as at their best.

And I did not shame her for living with her ex-boyfriend, it's that given Meghan's history, she would be better off presented in an off-white dress, IMO.
Zaika, you shamed Meghan for living with Harry and you shamed her for being a divorcee and an actress.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I think it's up to each individual couples to see what works best for them in terms of living together for an extended period before marriage or not. The study results on that have been mixed at best.

And really, what history? That she's done things that is not atypical for a 36 year old woman other than being an actress? I'm not seeing how she'd be better off in a different colored dress than a white dress. If it's somehow to insinuate how it's improper for her to wear white, then the conversation should've been had with the Queen's daughter back in the 90s when it was a divorcee that's lived with another man and had an adulterous relationship with the man she was marrying.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
Zaika, you shamed Meghan for living with Harry and you shamed her for being a divorcee and an actress.
Meghan has not lived with Harry yet
Old 10-18-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Should Harry and Meghan marry then little part of me would love to see her incorporate our California state flower into her bouquet. Which considering that Golden Poppies are a bright orange could present a bit of a challenge, but I'm sure that a talented florist could make it work.

https://www.swallowtailgardenseeds.c...ld-west-x2.jpg California Poppy.

Ooh, I love this idea! If poppies wouldnt work for whatever reason we have many charming CA native flowers. It would be a lovely nod to her birthplace.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:36 PM
Nobility

I think we all should be careful calling people names and making claims against someone's character like this. I have run across people who have this view. It's more traditional to think a divorcée shouldn't wear white and certainly an uncommon view but it doesn't make anyone a bad person. Everyone is allowed to post in this thread not just fans. Everyone can express their opinion.

That said a blush or champagne dress would be pretty. White is fine too but I could see Meghan in other colors if she desired. I' actually like the idea of it.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:36 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
All of the women who marry into the RF's now have lived with their boyfriends before marriage. The only exception I can think of is Stephanie de Lannoy, who reportedly never even had a boyfriend before she met Guillaume of Luxembourg.

Mette-Marit of Norway had a full life before she became Crown Princess of Norway. She had a child with another man. She did not wear pastel at her wedding...And even "virginal" Stephanie did not choose to marry in white..she wore a dreamy oyster silver-gray colored bridal gown.

Have you ever heard of Sofia Hellqvist, who married Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden. Google her when you get a chance.

If SHE could wear white to her wedding anyone can!!
Yes, I have heard of Sofia Hellqvist, and you are not doing Meghan any favors by comparing her to Sofia.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:38 PM
Majesty

I disagree.

It's called PERSPECTIVE. And if your standards prevailed only one or two recent Royal brides would be entitled wear white to their weddings!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-18-2017, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Ooh, I love this idea! If poppies wouldnt work for whatever reason we have many charming CA native flowers. It would be a lovely nod to her birthplace.
Yes we do and they might be easier to work with than our California Poppy. Also I wonder if they could be flown to the UK or would a florist want to have them grown for the occasion?
Old 10-18-2017, 06:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
I think we all should be careful calling people names and making claims against someone's character like this. I have run across people who have this view. It's more traditional to think a divorcée shouldn't wear white and certainly an uncommon view but it doesn't make anyone a bad person. Everyone is allowed to post in this thread not just fans. Everyone can express their opinion.

That said a blush or champagne dress would be pretty. White is fine too but I could see Meghan in other colors if she desired. I' actually like the idea of it.
Anna Catherine thank you
Old 10-18-2017, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

A charming idea, I think. Perhaps the bouquet could have some Canadian flowers in it too?
The only thing with poppies is that there is the connotation in Britain and the Commonwealth that they are associated with WW1, Remembrance Day and the poppy fields of Flanders, (at least the red ones are.) Of course, if they marry in November 2018....
Old 10-18-2017, 06:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post

I don't think the biggest issue is suggesting there could be other color options, but the shaming of it and said she'd be ridiculous in white because of it that's been happening. It's not the first time some of this stuff has been brought up and used against the woman when the man have just as much scandalous history when it comes to sex if not more.

But yes, I agree with the name calling.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I don't think the biggest issue is suggesting there could be other color options, but the shaming of it and said she'd be ridiculous in white because of it that's been happening. It's not the first time some of this stuff has been brought up and used against the woman when the man have just as much scandalous history when it comes to sex if not more.

thank you, Jacqui. The slut shaming of Meghan has no place in this forum.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
A charming idea, I think. The only thing with poppies is that there is the connotation in Britain and the Commonwealth that they are associated with WW1, Remembrance Day and the poppy fields of Flanders, (at least the red ones are.) Of course, if they marry in Novemer 2018....
Yes I do believe that the familiar red Flanders poppies would not be used for a wedding considering their symbolic association with Remembrance Day.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Courtier

When Meghan picks her wedding dress it should be a shade that flatters her skin tone. She has a lot of options because there are so many shades of white. I am looking forward to her choices.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:

I think we should move on from this but I think jumping to call it shaming or slut-shaming is still unnecessary. That's the last I'll say. No point getting into trouble or causing a ruckus.

Closed Thread