Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Hey maybe she will use McQueen! That would cause comment! <G>

LaRae
She should definitely not wear white

Old 10-18-2017, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Did we morph back 60 years in time? If a woman wants to wear white to her wedding that is her choice and really not the business of anyone else.

LaRae

Old 10-18-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I agree. If she wants to start winning the hearts and minds of the British public, choosing a non-Brit to design her all-important bridal gown is not the way to do it. It sends the wrong idea from the jump, and I think Ms Markle is too clever and savvy for that. She knows that the eyes of the world will be on that dress. For the sake of symbolism and to signal her 100% commitment not only to Harry but to her new family and country, she will go British for the wedding dress.
I agree 100% choosing anything other than a British designer would be a huge error in judgement and a snub. Designing a royal wedding dress is the highest honor and publicity any designer could ever have. The dress also becomes part of history in a sense. That honor and work must go to a British designer.

I think those of us who are American ( and Californian) can be rightfully happy and a bit proud that she is one of us, that will always be a part of her heritage. BUT her role now is to be in service to the Crown and the interests of the British people only. I think that most Brits would want Harry to be happy and marry the woman he chooses, but I also feel Meghan will have to prove herself to them and earn their regard through her service and dedication to them. I woudn't want it any other way, frankly. And hopefully someday she may win their hearts. So I also think we Americans need to " let her go" a little bit
Now if there is something about her being American that is useful to the Crown in some way, I dont know, that is for them to determine. But I imagine for the most part as far as clothes go she will need to support and promote British designers. They can certainly create any look she likes.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I agree 100% choosing anything other than a British designer would be a huge error in judgement and a snub. Designing a royal wedding dress is the highest honor and publicity any designer could ever have. The dress also becomes part of history in a sense. That honor and work must go to a British designer.

I think those of us who are American ( and Californian) can be rightfully happy and a bit proud that she is one of us, that will always be a part of her heritage. BUT her role now is to be in service to the Crown and the interests of the British people only. I think that most Brits would want Harry to be happy and marry the woman he chooses, but I also feel Meghan will have to prove herself to them and earn their regard through her service and dedication to them. I woudn't want it any other way, frankly. And hopefully someday she may win their hearts. So I also think we Americans need to " let her go" a little bit
Now if there is something about her being American that is useful to the Crown in some way, I dont know, that is for them to determine. But I imagine for the most part as far as clothes go she will need to support and promote British designers. They can certainly create any look she likes.
Agreed. She'll have plenty of chances to wear American designers in the future if she wishes. Kate wears plenty of designers that are not British, but the wedding dress is different.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaika View Post
Plenty of women do wear white for second wedding. It's almost 99.9% certain she'll wear white.

Even the Duchess of Cornwall wore white for the civil ceremony, as did Princess Anne for her second marriage. I highly doubt any royal protocol would be broken if Meghan wants to wear white.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Plenty of women do wear white for second wedding. It's almost 99.9% certain she'll wear white.

Even the Duchess of Cornwall wore white for the civil ceremony, as did Princess Anne. I highly doubt any royal protocol would be broken if Meghan wants to wear white.
I loved Duchess of Cornwall pale blue dress with coat a lot more than her white dress, I think Meghan would look lovely in pale blue
Old 10-18-2017, 04:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Why not? The divorced Letizia Ortiz-now Queen of Spain-certainly did!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I loved Duchess of Cornwall pale blue dress with coat a lot more than her white dress, I think Meghan would look lovely in pale blue
I think it's likely they'll have the actual marriage in church, and I also think she'll wear white. And Meghan doesn't seem to have some affinity for pale blue, so I doubt that's going to be something that she'd want to push for. And really, she has no reason to go out of her way to wear blue or any other color. White works perfectly fine.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Why shouldn't Meghan wear white? This is not the 18th century. Meghan is not a scarlet woman nor is she "unpure" cause she has been married before.

I am shocked that in the 21st century, someone would have such outdated and quite frankly, misogynistic thinking.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Meghan would look good in a blush or cream color as well as white. There are lots of shades of white to pick from!

LaRae
Old 10-18-2017, 05:24 PM
Serene Highness

Something that for sure will affect the pomp & circumstances surrounding an eventual wedding is how the British economy is fairing especially faced with Brexit. If Britain hits the recession expected by many (but not all) economics a to grand wedding will look very bad to the public.
I assume neither the Queen, Charles nor Harry would like to give the impression of throwing money away while the public has to go without.
Already the number of people, both with and without work, dependant on charities and food banks have skyrocketed.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think Meghan would look good in a blush or cream color as well as white. There are lots of shades of white to pick from!

LaRae
Spot on Pranter!
Old 10-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think those of us who are American ( and Californian) can be rightfully happy and a bit proud that she is one of us, that will always be a part of her heritage.
Should Harry and Meghan marry then little part of me would love to see her incorporate our California state flower into her bouquet. Which considering that Golden Poppies are a bright orange could present a bit of a challenge, but I'm sure that a talented florist could make it work.

https://www.swallowtailgardenseeds.c...ld-west-x2.jpg California Poppy.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
Why shouldn't Meghan wear white? This is not the 18th century. Meghan is not a scarlet woman nor is she "unpure" cause she has been married before.

I am shocked that in the 21st century, someone would have such outdated and quite frankly, misogynistic thinking.
Don't be so shocked,

Nothing to do with being "unpure", but she is a divorcee, she lived with her boyfriend (right around the time she met Harry), she is an actress with a number of steamy sex scenes in her IMB, quite frankly I think she would look ridiculous in white. Pastels would be much better IMO.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

She had a boyfriend prior to Harry..but I've never heard it claimed she lived with him.

LaRae
Old 10-18-2017, 05:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Don't be so shocked,

Nothing to do with being "unpure", but she is a divorcee, she lived with her boyfriend (right around the time she met Harry), she is an actress with a number of steamy sex scenes in her IMB, quite frankly I think she would look ridiculous in white. Pastels would be much better IMO.
And what is wrong with steamy sex scenes? This is the 21st century. Such puritanical, judgemental thinking is shameful. Kate lived with William for years as well. There is nothing wrong with living together. Women do not have to be pure as the driven snow.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Don't be so shocked,

I'm still not understanding what any of that would make it ridiculous that she'd wear white for her wedding? Is that a bad color on her or something? Because I'm not seeing anything that would suggest she's unsuitable to wear it. Plenty of people are divorcees or lived with ex-boyfriend this day and age. And then plenty of well-respected actresses have participated in love scenes.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

And as far as sex scenes...ummm Harry certainly wasn't shy with his sexcapades ..we all got to see an eye full of him! At least Meghan's were only pretend!

LaRae
Old 10-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Commoner

Quote:
And as far as sex scenes...ummm Harry certainly wasn't shy with his sexcapades ..we all got to see an eye full of him! At least Meghan's were only pretend!

LaRae
Thank you!
Old 10-18-2017, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

LaRae
Beat me to it! If Camilla could wear white, as well as Ann, Meghan most certainly can.

That being said I could see her doing a light blush or champagne, maybe an ivory, because sometimes those colors are more flattering. If you look closely most wedding dresses aren't stark white, because it's so harsh. So any wedding dress color considerations would probably be focused what looks like flattering.