Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll have to see. Serena us getting married in New Orleans instead of UK. So it wouldn’t be as easy for Harry’s schedule. I’m not sure what his diary looks like the day before or after. As for Meghan, she’s shied away from Patrick’s wedding even though Patrick describes her like a sister multiple times out of respect for the couple. So who knows?

Well honestly, I've never really seen anything that suggests Meghan and Patrick hang out together outside of Suits. They don't seem to have that close of a relationship to me. Either way, can't really compare Patrick's wedding to Serena's. The latter is much more high profile and will likely have more security and control over paps. So if the tabloids are right about the wedding and if Meghan has indeed wrapped filming then I would say it is likely she will attend.

We’ll have to see. Serena us getting married in New Orleans instead of UK. So it wouldn’t be as easy for Harry’s schedule. I’m not sure what his diary looks like the day before or after. As for Meghan, she’s shied away from Patrick’s wedding even though Patrick describes her like a sister multiple times out of respect for the couple. So who knows?

True enough, but if they are a couple at the level being suggested, attending the marriage of one's future wife's good friend would be expected. It would also be a major signal that this is the real deal. JMO of course. :cool: It just has to do with meshing worlds, and part of that is the world of friends. Meghan attended the wedding of one of Harry's friends. The reverse makes sense, else it's too one-sided. (If they are a couple of that magnitude/depth).

I would expect Meghan to attend Serena's wedding. I know she stayed away from Patrick's wedding (and I do believe they are friends), out of fear of overshadowing the wedding, etc. But let's be for real. This is Serena Williams. Nobody is overshadowing her! Not to mention I suspect Serena's wedding will have a number of really high level, high profile people, so the security will be tight. The rumor is the guests won't actually know the actual location in New Orleans until the day before.

It would be nice if Harry could attend. It's what couples do. But it probably depends on his schedule etc.

I am still expecting to hear an announcement in the December/January time range. May/June wedding. (Of course I will turn out to be totally wrong!)

True enough, but if they are a couple at the level being suggested, attending the marriage of one's future wife's good friend would be expected. It would also be a major signal that this is the real deal. JMO of course. :cool: It just has to do with meshing worlds, and part of that is the world of friends. Meghan attended the wedding of one of Harry's friends. The reverse makes sense, else it's too one-sided. (If they are a couple of that magnitude/depth).

I am sorry but if people are still looking for a 'signal this is the real deal' I don't think anything short of an engagement announcement is going to do it.

The reality is Harry has a busy schedule. And a trip mid week to a wedding in the US with RPOs in tow is not a simple inexpensive matter.

The statement from KP, the VF article, the Two weddings Meghan has attended with him. Their vacations together. Her staying at KP and it seems tea with the queen. These are all pretty clear signs.

I am sorry but if people are still looking for a 'signal this is the real deal' I don't think anything short of an engagement announcement is going to do it.

The reality is Harry has a busy schedule. And a trip mid week to a wedding in the US with RPOs in tow is not a simple inexpensive matter.

The statement from KP, the VF article, the Two weddings Meghan has attended with him. Their vacations together. Her staying at KP and it seems tea with the queen. These are all pretty clear signs.

There are some people who are still going to insist it's not real, as she's gliding up the aisle! LOL!

It's tiresome. :sad: Makes posting unpleasant. Why bother. I respect that there are many here who are convinced of their views. Okay. But other views should not then be hectored or laid open to 'laughing-out-loud' emojis. What is all that about?

Take care.

Well our current affair tv show tonight is all about Harry and Meghan. They are saying the wedding will be July.

I watched 'A Current Affair' tonight too. They had the usual suspects talking heads on there, Dickie Arbiter (no friend of Meghan's) Katie Nicholls, Camilla Tominay, etc. all very briefly.

A Hollywood reporter too, who stated that 'nobody' moves away from a TV show in the later seasons because it's so profitable, residuals presumably and therefore her leaving was significant!!

They're all convinced of an engagement, several of them almost frothing at the mouth at the prospect :lol: and Dickie repeated the old furphy that they will be barred from WA because of Meghan's divorce. They seemed to be going for a January engagement, July wedding date.

A lot of froth of course, but they showed a good deal of Meghan, modelling, on the red carpet, in different clothing I hadn't seen before, a scene from Suits, I enjoyed it very much!

It's tiresome. :sad: Makes posting unpleasant. Why bother. I respect that there are many here who are convinced of their views. Okay. But other views should not then be hectored or laid open to 'laughing-out-loud' emojis. What is all that about?

Take care.

I think those of us who have seen this romance move from stage to stage, progressing quietly but becoming very serious, are rather mystified that you appear to feel that it hasn't progressed to that level.

The signs, Harry's November statement, Meghan visiting London several times, closing The Tig down, more or less hiding away from publicity until the VF interview, the appearances of the couple separately and together at the Opening and Closing IG ceremonies and at the wheelchair competition for instance, and now Meghan leaving Suits, don't seem to hold any significance for you, or it is 'Harry seems to be keener about Meghan than she is about him' as you stated in a former post (I've seen absolutely no signs of that at all, btw).

Or again, earlier, on no evidence that I can see, that the couple aren't deeply in love and the relationship might be a fling or affair, nor is as serious as other people think it. Again, ive never been able to see how you could read those implications into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I did point out that it has to depend on Harry's schedule. If I had a wedding to go and my boyfriend is busy, I'd entirely understand and be happy to go by myself. Just because someone is attached, doesn't mean they have to go to every wedding together. And when that happens, it doesn't take away from the fact that they are serious. It's one wedding.

I would expect Meghan to attend Serena's wedding. I know she stayed away from Patrick's wedding (and I do believe they are friends), out of fear of overshadowing the wedding, etc. But let's be for real. This is Serena Williams. Nobody is overshadowing her! Not to mention I suspect Serena's wedding will have a number of really high level, high profile people, so the security will be tight. The rumor is the guests won't actually know the actual location in New Orleans until the day before.

It would be nice if Harry could attend. It's what couples do. But it probably depends on his schedule etc.

I am still expecting to hear an announcement in the December/January time range. May/June wedding. (Of course I will turn out to be totally wrong!)

+1 If Meghan's filming schedule from Suits is clear, I'd expect her to attend Serena's wedding. Meghan and Patrick Adams are friends. They filmed a pilot together before Suits so they have extended history. And the cast as a whole are friendly. But Meghan has repeatedly said that Sarah Rafferty and Rick Hoffman are her closest friends on the show. Pre-Harry, Meghan probably attends Patrick's wedding but I think she's closer friends with Serena.

Would be great to see Prince Harry at the wedding. It reinforces the idea that they're equal partners...you travel for my good friend's wedding and I do the same for you. Especially since Meghan missed Serena's baby shower to appear at Harry's polo match. Still, if schedules don't allow it's not an indictment of their relationship.

Would be great to see Prince Harry at the wedding. It reinforces the idea that they're equal partners...you travel for my good friend's wedding and I do the same for you. Especially since Meghan missed Serena's baby shower to appear at Harry's polo match. Still, if schedules don't allow it's not an indictment of their relationship.

I agree. It would be nice if Harry could come, but if he can't, I don't really think it's a big deal. Unless there is something else on her schedule, I don't see Meghan missing it.

An unpleasant but important question...

Assuming that Harry and Meghan become engaged and set a wedding date...

What would happen if there were to be a death in the BRF before the wedding? Would the wedding be postponed, or scaled back, or what?

I’m not very familiar with mourning customs in the U.K. in general, or the BRF in particular. Perhaps someone on the board has ideas to share. Thanks.

What did Katie nicholl and camilla tominey say on the show ?

It's Serena's day but I'm afraid the paps and the media will not focus on the bride solely. The media will make it about Meghan, and Harry if he comes. The money shot would be about a future royal couple. It would be like the Pippa wedding coverage, if Meghan and Harry show up; how did they enjoy the evening. Last minute information about location will not fly with the RPOs. I'm not sure if Serena would be ok with focus going to someone else.

Assuming that Harry and Meghan become engaged and set a wedding date...

What would happen if there were to be a death in the BRF before the wedding? Would the wedding be postponed, or scaled back, or what?

I’m not very familiar with mourning customs in the U.K. in general, or the BRF in particular. Perhaps someone on the board has ideas to share. Thanks.

I think it would depend upon the timing. If the death was within say a week or so of the wedding, the wedding would undoubtably be postponed. If the wedding was several months later it wouldn't affect it.

There are a few big differences between Patrick’s wedding and Serena’s (excluding any issues of closeness). Patrick got married last year, not too long after Meghan’s relationship became public knowledge. She was still figuring out how to approach things - she hadn’t even stopped using social media at the time. Patrick’s wedding also looks fairly... open. It was an outdoor wedding that involved camping and a trip to the beach, and a lot of celebrities.

Serena’s wedding is probably no less extravagant, but is likely a bit less bohemian, and therefore a bit more secure. Plus Meghan’s likely more comfortable with the public interest now (“comfortable” for a lack of a better word).

It's Serena's day but I'm afraid the paps and the media will not focus on the bride solely. The media will make it about Meghan, and Harry if he comes. The money shot would be about a future royal couple. It would be like the Pippa wedding coverage, if Meghan and Harry show up; how did they enjoy the evening. Last minute information about location will not fly with the RPOs. I'm not sure if Serena would be ok with focus going to someone else.

This is a wedding where the bride is Serena Williams and the guests will be the likes of Beyonce. Despite what royal watchers think, Meghan is small potatoes compared to other guests and really won’t be the prime paparazzi target. Now, if Harry comes or if they announce an engagement before then it would be a different story.
And comparing Serena’s fame to Pippa:ermm:

Pippa has her own tennis superstar friend. Rodger Federer was a guest at her wedding :cool:

I love Meghan and I love Harry, but I just don't see anyone upstaging Serena Williams. And because Serena Williams is Serena Williams, the security is going to be tight. There will be so many A listers there. Like Oprah/Beyonce level. I'm not saying Meghan and Harry wouldn't draw attention, or even Meghan just on her own, but so will a lot of other people. We may never even see Meghan enter the venue. She could go in through a back way or something. We may not even know who came to the wedding until it's over. Shoot, the wedding is supposedly tomorrow and the first anyone is hearing about it was yesterday.

Last edited:
Not to belabor the point :ermm: but I think it is an important point to be made regarding how some posters react/receive (what they consider or interpret to be) opposing points of views. Most of us (I assume) come on here to post as a (secret) pleasure. To find oneself wincing before opening a thread because one has (dared to!) insert a pov contrary to a prevailing thread consensus is not worth the wincing or the time it takes to sign on to read the hectoring posts.

There are posters who just cease posting rather than post and receive the hectoring. I am puzzled why so many posters, who I have discovered are older women at the grandmother status, feel that their pov's should trump all dissension. What is going on? What happened to the playfulness of amiable discussion on issues that are really about as fluffy as they come? None of this is as important as some political events occurring in our current world. Just saying. :sad:

This may get deleted by a moderator but I really feel this needs to be said (by a poster, and not just by moderator interdiction), especially as so many have ceased posting because of the unpleasantness. Someone has suggested to me that there are royal sites that see far more savage posting behavior, and that is what people are used to. I would suggest that if that is what (some) posters are used to then they have been desensitized to normal, courteous discourse. They have done themselves a disservice in getting so desensitized. JMO. But I do appeal to posters to think about how they receive pov's and how they (possibly) want to see everyone marching in lock-step to the (to them) 'obvious' way of seeing things.

I think those of us who have seen this romance move from stage to stage, progressing quietly but becoming very serious, are rather mystified that you appear to feel that it hasn't progressed to that level.

That's fine, Curryong, but (as I stated): I respect that there are many here who are convinced of their views, but other views should not then be hectored or laid open to 'laughing-out-loud' emojis.

Please note that you subscribe to your self a superior stance ('those of us who have seen this romance move from stage to stage') and then posit (or imply) that any pov that doesn't conform to the 'more experienced' poster is spurious. (You make a large assumption regarding a poster's experience with the relationship's trajectory).

Would you agree that that hectoring of opposing pov's should not take place? BRF's members have charities that address bullying, and are lauded by so many here. It is ironic that the subtitles of bullying are not recognized on this site by (some) posters. Blind spot, I think. I actually don't think much of it (unless overtly grotesque) is intentionally mean. Not at all. I think its a blind spot. Because we cannot see the person with the twinkle in their eyes and the love in their tone we can only go by the words/text.

Hence text needs to be carefully considered. JMO.

To your point: you may be mystified but I would suggest you are mystified because you (perhaps) do not closely follow the reasoning. Quite a few have stated that the fact that Meghan and Harry have not had anything but a long-distance relationship, thinking the relationship is 'serious' (in the sense of 'imminent' marriage) is premature. The real test will be day-in-day-out living. It's hard to accept that they are at a point where marriage is a reasonable next step given the history of the relationship.

Maybe a long engagement? Okay. But in this I think the wedding should (for both their sakes) take place in 2019/20.

Or again, earlier, on no evidence that I can see, that the couple aren't deeply in love and the relationship might be a fling or affair, nor is as serious as other people think it. Again, I've never been able to see how you could read those implications into it.

Okay, but does that then justify hectoring? Just wondering.

They are clearly in the red-hot blush of lust/love. Yes, I see that (They made sure I saw that, which in itself is curious to my mind). I also see that a great deal of effort is being funneled into making this relationship 'play in Peoria'. It's impressive. I have no doubt in my mind that Harry is determined to have this relationship result in marriage. More power to him. A man 'in love' is a force, and compelling if one is the focus of such. I just hope Meghan is up to the 'full court press' and what lies on the other side of that. Just an opinion, Curryong.

Would be great to see Prince Harry at the wedding. It reinforces the idea that they're equal partners...you travel for my good friend's wedding and I do the same for you. Especially since Meghan missed Serena's baby shower to appear at Harry's polo match.

Exactly so. :flowers:

Still, if schedules don't allow it's not an indictment of their relationship.

That was not suggested. But if Harry moves heaven and earth to attend with Meghan that would signal (to me, but I am just one, after all) that there is a serious commitment. I would assume they are engaged (they just have not told the public).

Last edited:
By the way, is it 'required' that the engagement be a public announcement for Meghan to be able to live in the UK? Could there be a private engagement that is in place for months before a public announcement is made? Wondering. :flowers:

It appears that once a public announcement is made the marriage trajectory is set in motion asap. This may not suit the needs of the couple in this instance.

By the way, is it 'required' that the engagement be a public announcement for Meghan to be able to live in the UK? Could there be a private engagement that is in place for months before a public announcement is made? Wondering. :flowers:

It appears that once a public announcement is made the marriage trajectory is set in motion asap. This may not suit the needs of the couple in this instance.

It's not a requirement IMO. I think that it is more likely that she comes and stays in the UK and give the relationship more time. By that I mean more time together (rather than the intensity that comes with a long distance relationship). And I don't think there would be an immediate announcement either.

But coming to the UK would obviously be an indication of the seriousness of the relationship.

Then there's the problem with the Visa again....

LaRae

Then there's the problem with the Visa again....LaRae

Yes, that would be my point. :cool: Could the couple indicate that they are engaged ('going steady' ;) ) but there not be a public announcement, since that seems to engage the whole royal behemoth of marriage in short order.

Last edited:
Yes, that would be my point. :cool: Could the couple indicate that they are engaged ('going steady' ;) ) but there not be a public announcement, since that seems to engage the whole royal behemoth of marriage is short order.

My guess is no. There would have to be official paperwork started for a fiancé visa, which is only valid for 6 month anyway, and there is no way this would not get leaked.

She can however stay in the UK as a tourist for a few months, 3 if I’m not mistaken.

My guess is no. There would have to be official paperwork started for a fiancé visa, which is only valid for 6 month anyway, and there is no way this would not get leaked.

She can however stay in the UK as a tourist for a few months, 3 if I’m not mistaken.

So there is a possibility of residing in the UK without an official announcement. :flowers: Can the tourist visa be easily renewed?

I would say that after 3-6 months of day-in-day-out living the couple should know the lay-of-the-land for sure and certain, though without 'something to do' Meghan might get bored, unless she was spending the time 'shopping' for a house/estate (what fun!) and decorating said house/estate, and looking at marriage venues, etc. :flowers:

As far as making sure that the signs of love were out there for all to see, 'playing in Peoria', being 'curious', Harry long ago stated that he reads what has been said about him. Of course, the Internet is vast and nobody can read everything. Nevertheless I believe he and Meghan know exactly what's been going on and countered it.

I just want to explain about what I've read online since last year. There have been certain sites on Tumblr and elsewhere that have, since last October, made it their business to ferment hatred towards Meghan, make up stories about her and infer things.

Among those things were that this isn't a 'real' relationship, that Meghan got her hooks into Harry and is more or less blackmailing him for PR purposes. That she doesn't love him and is a publicity hound. There have even been suggestions that the couple have a 'business contract'.

That sort of ridiculous abuse which started immediately once news of the Harry/Meghan relationship broke, may well have been part of what Harry referred to in his November statement as coming from 'online trolls'.

These assertions were, in the eyes of these people, given 'legs' because of the privacy the couple were determined on when they visited each other, and the fact that they couldn't see each other that often.

IMO the VF interview and the IG public affection that followed, was to publicly counter the many many people who like Harry but were accessing those sites and believing what these people were putting out.

Therefore, IMO, the couple, having had enough of it, decided to surface and concluded that the IG was the ideal opportunity to show that they are in love, that this is the real deal, we are serious about each other, in order to shut these trolls up.

And make no mistake, as late as just before the IG, posters on another international Royal forum were making assertions that this was not a real romance and that the couple had in fact broken up in December.

I've no doubt whatsoever that was at least some of the motivation behind the couple coming out at the IG.

Harry and Meghan know the power the Internet has.

Harry tried very hard on that occasion, especially at the closing ceremony, to show that Meghan was his woman, that the romance was real and serious, and that he embraced Meghan's racial background by his obvious warm friendship with her mum Doria, seen at the closing ceremony.

It's very sad that he had to do that, but it's proved effective. At least one site peddling hatred of Meghan has gone dormant since the IG and the others have lost a great number of followers. The couple also of course came out into the open to give all their patient followers who wish them well a break!

Also, the love this couple have for each other is patent. It's not stronger on Harry's side than on Meghan's. Meghan wouldn't have shut down the Tig, more or less deserted social media, or made many trips to England to see Harry if she was not as serious about him as he is about her.

I'm still betting on an engagement this year and marriage next summer, and I believe Meghan will go to live in London on a fiancee visa. Any other visa IMO would be too difficult.

Last edited:
Then there's the problem with the Visa again....

LaRae

The Visa and the "what will she do"? A fiancee Visa has a 6 month time table on it and a no working clause. A work Visa requires that you, well, work. The only other option is continuing to come over on a visitors visa as she has been doing (and also, no working). But she'd have to leave and come back every 3 months I believe, and she couldn't really move her stuff.

There are really no perfect scenarios, but the one that protects Meghan best (who after all will be giving up the most) is not moving to the UK full time without an official engagement. Anything else, in my humble opinion, just leaves her at a distinct disadvantage and with no protection, or clearly defined role. I expect Meghan will be spending much more time in the UK, now that Suits is wrapped. But I would not expect any full scale move until there is an announcement of an engagement. And I'm honestly not seeing that until December or January. Anyway that's just my take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom