Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any reason why she couldn't continue on with this project even after marriage to Harry. One thing I imagine that will happen though is that it won't be announced until after the wedding and the time comes for Meghan to pick and choose the areas she wants to be involved with. Similar to what Kate did after marriage. If and when it is announced that she will continue doing work that she's already been involved with, it will be with the "Firm's" blessing.

I really don't think we're going to see much on the charity front with Meghan in the UK until after an engagement announcement and then maybe not even until after the wedding. Who knows? They may just surprise us. One thing I do know though is that the Daily Fail has no more of a clue of what's coming next than we do. :D

The difference with Kate and Meghan is Kate wasn't involved with any charity work before the wedding. She wasn't aligned with any group. It seems like something she should have figured out at least in engagement, but it took time after marriage (almost a year) for her to announce patronages. There was nothing for her to present to the RF and get their stamp of approval on.

Meghan on the other hand is already very active in charity work. There is no reason to believe she will have to wait to get the stamp of approval on her charity work from the queen.

Certainly there will be other charities she will take on, British charities, and that will take time to work out. But there is no reason to believe, simply because Kate took a while to choose her charities, that Meghan will be held to the same time line.

I do hope she takes on some of the more art and cultural charities in the UK. Other then the national portrait gallery for Kate, none of the young working royals seem to have taken on any interest in those areas. And when the older royals retire, that will leave a huge deficit. Yes, mental health and such are important, but there are many areas of British life that can get focus.

If Meghan already know the Queen is because the relationship is serious. The Queen was going to get a girlfriend of Harry if the relationship was not serious. I believe it must be decided when the appointment will be announced. Now we have to wait.

They reported that she flew for 3 days to especially meet the Queen. A casual meeting could of waited unless it was about something special and important. Perhaps waiting for the green light.

The difference with Kate and Meghan is Kate wasn't involved with any charity work before the wedding. She wasn't aligned with any group. It seems like something she should have figured out at least in engagement, but it took time after marriage (almost a year) for her to announce patronages. There was nothing for her to present to the RF and get their stamp of approval on.

Meghan on the other hand is already very active in charity work. There is no reason to believe she will have to wait to get the stamp of approval on her charity work from the queen.

Certainly there will be other charities she will take on, British charities, and that will take time to work out. But there is no reason to believe, simply because Kate took a while to choose her charities, that Meghan will be held to the same time line.

I do hope she takes on some of the more art and cultural charities in the UK. Other then the national portrait gallery for Kate, none of the young working royals seem to have taken on any interest in those areas. And when the older royals retire, that will leave a huge deficit. Yes, mental health and such are important, but there are many areas of British life that can get focus.

Catherine and her family were involved with the Starlight Foundation before her engagement to William. She also organized a roller skate glo disco event to raise money for Tom’s Ward. A Ward at Children’s Hospital. All in memory of her late friend.

Meghan can continue her charitable interest while in London.

We all just have to be patient on Harry and Meghan.

Last edited:
I can't take seriously an analysis that rests on "And Meghan is still fulfilling her contractual obligations, not leaving Canada early and breaking her contract" as evidence against a marriage anytime soon.

If in February, word gets out that she's doing season 8, then I'll wonder what's up. But with Suits still filming, what other option does she have but to do her job?

I mean where they really expecting she was just going to peace out in the middle of her contract? So she could get sued? Not to mention the hit to her reputation. There is absolutely nothing about Meghan that would suggest she'd be that cavalier about her career or her obligations. Nor would Harry want her to.

I'm pretty prepared not to hear anything engagement wise this month. Maybe even not this year. And I honestly wouldn't read anything into it. Now if we get to like March or something and we've heard nothing, I might raise an eyebrow.

I do have to laugh, because wasn't the media just suggesting things were moving too fast? Now they're dragging their feet? Meghan and Harry can't win for losing, which is why I hope they continue to block out all the extra noise and proceed at the pace they see fit.

They reported that she flew for 3 days to especially meet the Queen. A casual meeting could of waited unless it was about something special and important. Perhaps waiting for the green light.

I don't know if I believe the whole she flew in just to meet the Queen part. She certainly wouldn't need 3 days to meet the Queen. And she did have a break from filming since we know her costars travelled during that time too.

It’s hard for the British media to get a better understanding on Harry and Meghan, because she don’t live in the UK.

Once William and Catherine moved in together at their cottage in Wales, folks got a better sense where things were going for that couple.

If Meghan moves to London with Harry, things will become more clear to everyone. Right now, the couple slip in and out of the country to see each other without much notice. We just have to wait and see how this will play out.

Although, the reports of her going to meet The Queen kinda gives us a slight hint.

From what we’ve seen so far; there’s a lot of mature love and close bond between the two. Good sign!

Last edited:
When (and if) Megham moves permanently to the UK I think she will have to relinquish her World Vision work as she is a global ambassador for World Vision Canada and she will obviously no longer be in Canada.

She has also worked for the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women as an Advocate. She is an excellent speaker and an ardent believer in her cause and would hopefully be able to continue that work.

When (and if) Megham moves permanently to the UK I think she will have to relinquish her World Vision work as she is a global ambassador for World Vision Canada and she will obviously no longer be in Canada.

She has also worked for the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women as an Advocate. She is an excellent speaker and an ardent believer in her cause and would hopefully be able to continue that work.

There is a World Vision UK-I imagine she can transfer.

:previous: She was "invited" by World Vision Canada and I should imagine she would have to be "invited" by World Vision UK and we can't really take anything for granted. They probably already have someone fulfilling that roll.

The great thing about world vision is its an International group. While she did work for the Canadian branch, there is no reason to think she couldn't work for World Vision International. It has offices in London.

Nor does world vision Canada require you to be living in Canada to represent them. As their work is done over seas. One of the longest running celebrities involved in the Canadian branch is Alex Trebek. Alex has been an US citizen for almost 20 years now, and lives there, but has maintained his place with the Canadian world vision.

Certainly wouldn't be the only British royal who has patronages in other commonwealth countries.

She was "invited" by World Vision Canada and I should imagine she would have to be "invited" by World Vision UK and we can't really take anything for granted. They probably already have someone fulfilling that roll.

They are global ambassadors, and an unpaid roll. Its not something they are limited to one person who does the roll. The celebrities simply bring attention to their cause and the work that they are doing. Its not a matter of 'oh we already have an ambassador we don't need any other'.

The only issue would be if there was already a royal patron (though there are some charities with more than one). But I don't believe any BRF are involved.

Last edited:
Simply the insinuation that an announcement Has to wait until after the new Cambridge baby is born :ermm:

While yes they aren't going to plan a wedding on her due date, there is no need to wait to make an announcement until after April. Families don't plan entire lives around pregnancies. Births perhaps, but pregnancies? I highly doubt anyone expects Harry, or others like Eugenie, to put their life on hold while baby Cambridge is baking in the oven.

So silly, the idea they can't announce an engagement till after Baby Cambridge is born. They are just trying to stir things and get a reaction.

LaRae

Getting real information on Harry and Meghan and their plans is proving to be as difficult as trying to break into Fort Knox and count the gold bars. All we have is bits and pieces of a 5,000 piece jigsaw puzzle and we've not even put the edges all together yet.

These two are expert at keeping things to themselves. :D

Getting real information on Harry and Meghan and their plans is proving to be as difficult as trying to break into Fort Knox and count the gold bars. All we have is bits and pieces of a 5,000 piece jigsaw puzzle and we've not even put the edges all together yet.

These two are expert at keeping things to themselves. :D

They need to teach a class to other royals (or high profile folks) how to sneak around the media!

LaRae

I have been thinking that the royal family wants to be able to use the title "charity worker" or "philanthropist" when the engagement announcement is made NOT actress. To that end, this reported moving to London may push back the engagement announcement to perhaps after baby Cambridge is born and the British people have gotten use to Megan.

Our biggest clue that an engagement IS pending is that all the people are queuing to sing her praises: actress friends who want to be sure they are recognized as "friends", "allies." Her own sister, suddenly her biggest fan, which we know was not always the case. Wink wink. "Look at me, Meghan, hey Meghan, I'm here, remember me? Don't forget me! I'm here, I'm ready, baby!"

able to use the title "charity worker" or "philanthropist"

We were NOT 'born yesterday'.. , IF she has ANY profile in the UK it is as an American Actress, and the few that do know her, know her as just that.

Last edited:
The idea that there is even anything wrong with referring to her as an actress.. :ermm: Can we all move into the 21st century, please! :lol:

Oh my, Tom Sykes is all over the place with this article.

Waiting until after Kate gives birth to announce an engagement?

The idea that they can't announce an engagement after November?

Harry being both a commitment-phobe AND love addict?? ?

"The longer it doesn't happen, the more doubt I have about it" HUH???

Meghan still living/filming in Toronto as a sign that an engagement isn't happening soon?

What utter nonsense.

I have been thinking that the royal family wants to be able to use the title "charity worker" or "philanthropist" when the engagement announcement is made NOT actress. To that end, this reported moving to London may push back the engagement announcement to perhaps after baby Cambridge is born and the British people have gotten use to Megan.

I don’t see that happening. This isn’t 1920 and Meghan’s shown no sign of being embarrassed by her career (nor should she). As far as actresses go, her career has been fairly tame; she’s been the romantic interest, sure (but then, who hasn’t?), but doesn’t seem to have had any topless or nude scenes.

She isn’t comparable to, say, Sofia of Sweden, who did go through some serious rebranding before her marriage.

We were NOT 'born yesterday'.. we know she is an American actress, IF she has ANY profile in the UK it is as that, and no-one knows her in any other connection.

It doesn't matter if no one knows her by any other connection. You don't forgo referring to a philanthropist as such because no one knows who they are or what they do. The latter is even more reason to use said titles and labels.

It's not a bad idea at all to highlight the fact that Meghan does other work and isn't just an actress. However, there isn't anything wrong with people thinking/knowing she's an actress. Delaying an engagement annoucement for that reason is unnecessary.

Last edited:
The idea that there is even anything wrong with referring to her as an actress.. :ermm: Can we all move into the 21st century, please! :lol:

Oh my, Tom Sykes is all over the place with this article.

Waiting until after Kate gives birth to announce an engagement?

The idea that they can't announce an engagement after November?

Harry being both a commitment-phobe AND love addict?? ?

"The longer it doesn't happen, the more doubt I have about it" HUH???

Meghan still living/filming in Toronto as a sign that an engagement isn't happening soon?

What utter nonsense.

Apparently they don't understand contracts and filming schedules. If she is still in Toronto its because they are completing the 7th season of the show and she is obligated to fulfill her contract to the show.

Save

I cannot, for the life of me, see either Harry or Meghan accepting as fact that Meghan would have to be "rebranded" to appeal to the British people. In fact, I would even go as far to think that they'd think it would be a huge insult. Harry fell in love with the whole package that is Meghan just as Meghan fell in love with the whole package that is Harry. Each aspect of the person makes up the whole of who they are.

The idea that a person should be "reformed" in order to sway public opinion is just preposterous. We know its been done before by "spin doctors" and that they were doing it was so obvious that its laughable. I don't think they'd make that same mistake again.

The whole of who Meghan Markle is remarkable and each aspect of her will not only fit into the "Firm" and the British scheme of things but also enhance it.

I don't think she will be re-branded ...can't imagine for what reason she would need to be.

LaRae

I cannot, for the life of me, see either Harry or Meghan accepting as fact that Meghan would have to be "rebranded" to appeal to the British people. In fact, I would even go as far to think that they'd think it would be a huge insult. Harry fell in love with the whole package that is Meghan just as Meghan fell in love with the whole package that is Harry. Each aspect of the person makes up the whole of who they are.

The idea that a person should be "reformed" in order to sway public opinion is just preposterous. We know its been done before by "spin doctors" and that they were doing it was so obvious that its laughable. I don't think they'd make that same mistake again.

The whole of who Meghan Markle is remarkable and each aspect of her will not only fit into the "Firm" and the British scheme of things but also enhance it.

Also I keep hearing that the British people have to "get used to her". What's the barometer for that? How will that be measured? When the press stop writing crappy articles about her? Can we just be honest and admit, there are some people who will never "get used" to Meghan. She could cure cancer and she'd be accused of putting doctors out of work.

Rebranding? To what end? She's not some 20 year old fresh out of school with no identity. Here is who Meghan is: she's an actress, American, biracial, had ancestors who were slaves, divorced, child of divorce, a college graduate from one of the best schools in the US, philanthropist, humanitarian, a business woman, 36 years old, and probably some other things I forgot. There is not one thing on there she needs to be ashamed of, or apologize for. This is who she is, and if Harry wanted something different, or had a problem with anything on that list he'd have picked someone different. And if his family was unhappy, he'd know that by now.

Now last time I heard, the press thought they were rushing things. Now their moving too slow? Really?

I was just thinking of a plausible explanation as to why Meghan would be moving to London for doing charity.

She can't just move to London to do charity as I understand it ...she has to have a job or a fiancee visa (6 months max) etc.

LaRae

She can't just move to London to do charity as I understand it ...she has to have a job or a fiancee visa (6 months max) etc.

LaRae

Exactly. Either she needs to be collecting a paycheck or somebody's fiancee. Either an employer is sponsoring her visa or a fiancee is. Those are the options. Barring that, she will just have to continue visiting on a tourist visa, which has its limits as well. People are making this more complicated than need be.

My feeling is she won't be coming to live in the UK unless an announcement is made and she will be using a fiancee visa.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom