The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-13-2017, 02:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
What I fear is that someone would say something racist to Meghan's face while she is at an engagement. If Harry is there, it won't be pretty.
Meghan has grown up without anyone protecting her from the harsh realities of life. I think it is a very rare troll that would go for a face to face confrontation. They do their best work unseen and unknown.

However, should some troll step into the light, Meghan is more than able to deal with such an encounter with grace and dignity and Harry isn't a hot-headed 20-year-old anymore and would be more inclined to move her away and leave the protection squad to deal with it. I believe he cares enough to understand its all about Meghan, not him. Last year's press release showed that.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Two adults, as I assume Harry will have a best man as well. But the maid of honor isn't simply there to wrangle kids, she is there as a witness for the bride. Helping with the kids is just a bonus.

Princess Anne only had two children for attendants at her wedding to Mark Phillips: Lady Sarah and Prince Edward (though her husband did have a Best Man).

Old 10-13-2017, 09:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Who is James?
As TLLK said: James is Harry's cousin. More precisely, he is the queen's youngest grandson. He is also known as Viscount Severn. His older sister Lady Louise was one of William and Catherine's flower girls.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Princess Anne only had two children for attendants at her wedding to Mark Phillips: Lady Sarah and Prince Edward (though her husband did have a Best Man).
Neither of them were littles though- they were both 9 1/2 years old. Old enough to not need nearby oversight.
It will be interesting to see what Meghan and Harry choose should there be a wedding
Old 10-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

The heir to Longleat claims says his mother was banned from his wedding to Emma McQuiston, who will become Britain's first black marchioness, after hurtful comments about the family's "400 years of bloodline"

One of Kate's oldest friends Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs attended the wedding (As well William and Catherine's wedding)

Racisn may be a polblem with the plebes but Megham will be a royal duchess

Rift at Longleat over 'racism' towards Britain's first black marchioness - Telegraph
Old 10-13-2017, 03:50 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What does this article have to do with Harry and Meghan's relationship?
Old 10-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

A few post up people were talking about someone said a racist comment to to Meaghan at a social engagement

I believe it was scriptgirl
Old 10-13-2017, 04:28 PM
Majesty

I think something was posted a while back ago on this family in the British Nobility thread. Sounds to me like its a three ring circus of aristos acting badly. Perhaps Meghan could turn the idea of a script for a made for TV movie about them??

Racism is the least of this family's weirdness if you ask me.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
this family's weirdness
The British Aristocracy is notoriously eccentric, but the Thynn's 'take the biscuit' and win over [even] the Herveys...
Old 10-13-2017, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I still like the idea of them not marrying in July. People will only remember that Charles and Di and Fergie and Andrew got married that month, not the other marriages.

I hope for an August or September wedding.

I have to say I wonder how far the Palace is mapping things out. Do you remember after Will and Kate got engaged and they visited England, Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland? Do you think engagements for those countries are being mapped out for Harry or Meghan? Or will those engagements not happen?

I would like a winter wedding or fall-October-anyone, but most likely, that won't happen.
Does anyone know or want to venture a guess to question upthread about whether or not, after an engagement is announced, if Meghan and Harry will visit Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland and do an engagement in England as Will and Kate did before their nuptials?
I would doubt that there will be an August wedding as HM is in Scotland during that month and the palace maintenance takes place then. A quick search has revealed that none of the 20th and 21st century British royal weddings took place in August. Spring, Summer and Fall have been the most popular seasons obviously. Royal weddings have to be scheduled around the existing calendar.

If Harry and Meghan become engaged then they might do a few engagements together in England. However I don't know if they'd be sent to all parts of the UK. William and Kate after all are the future monarch/consort of the UK so it would be necessary for them to visit those places.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope it's OK to pop this here temporarily while the Harry/Meghan thread is closed, but Emily Andrews has just reported that she's heard that Meghan has told the producers of Suits that she won't be signing for an eighth series. She's out, finishes next month.

https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...35083034021888

So it looks as if the pathway is now clear for Meghan to permanently join Harry in London after November 15th or thereabouts.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:24 AM
Majesty

Although most of us have felt that this would be the way things happen and she'd not renew her contract, I'll believe it when there's an actual reputable source that confirms it. It does seem to be heading that way though.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I hope it's OK to pop this here temporarily while the Harry/Meghan thread is closed, but Emily Andrews has just reported that she's heard that Meghan has told the producers of Suits that she won't be signing for an eighth series. She's out, finishes next month.

https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...35083034021888

So it looks as if the pathway is now clear for Meghan to permanently join Harry in London after November 15th or thereabouts.
I don't watch the series so any idea as to how her character will be leave the show?

Yes this does seem to be a clear signal that things are moving forward. (However I refuse to jinx things by saying certain words!)
Old 10-14-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I don't watch the series so any idea as to how her character will be leave the show?

Yes this does seem to be a clear signal that things are moving forward. (However I refuse to jinx things by saying certain words!)
She will probably go off and work for her dad's firm .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Although most of us have felt that this would be the way things happen and she'd not renew her contract, I'll believe it when there's an actual reputable source that confirms it. It does seem to be heading that way though.
She said further down that KP and Meghan's agent didn't deny it but refused to comment publicly .
NBC said discussions about a 8th season were still ongoing with the cast - but the way that works is that they won't even confirm a pick up until the two mains have agreed in principle to an extension .So the network will keep it vague for as long as possible .
Old 10-14-2017, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you Humbugged!
Old 10-14-2017, 10:33 AM
Majesty

As I've said earlier, I'll believe it when it becomes irrefutable fact.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Curiouser and curiouser .... lease not renewed on her car and now this...

LaRae
Old 10-15-2017, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Bit of Sunday fun

Quote:
Meghan Markle's future role in the monarchy is reportedly causing 'conflict' behind the scenes, according to a royal insider.

The Queen's former press secretary Dickie Arbiter told Sky News that planning for a new era of the monarchy with the younger royals at the helm as the Queen eases her workload is leading to clashes.

'I don't think there is a conflict behind the scenes as far as the main players - the royals - are concerned… but there probably is a conflict between the people who are organising them,' he said.

'There's a tendency for people who join the royal households to get a bit of red carpet fever, feel a bit more important than they should do and don't get on with the job properly.

'So there is a conflict of interest, a personality clash amongst each other, and that is not good.'

His statement comes amid rumours that staff are already preparing for an announcement of Prince Harry and Meghan's engagement.
Read More: Meghan Markle's future role is causing 'conflict' | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I see the click bait Daily Mail is well and alive. Dickie Arbiter mentioned nothing about Meghan and her future role. He talked about staff for the current young royals, which consists of William, Kate, and Harry.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
'There's a tendency for people who join the royal households to get a bit of red carpet fever, feel a bit more important than they should do and don't get on with the job properly.
Unless she uses Harry's staff she will at least need a private secretary. I think that's what Dickie is referring to.

Meghan's staff will have to know their place