The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy

Is Harry the head of any rugby organizations? Hel, when I clicked that link to the Allure piece, it said it didn't exist. How did you find it?

Well, didn't Diana have a big hand in designing her wedding dress and Fergie as well?

TBH, I doubt Meghan would wear a British designer for the dress and since she is not marrying the heir, it may not raise such a stink.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:34 PM
Nobility

If you look at the link, the closing parentheses and the colon got caught in the URL.

https://www.allure.com/story/meghan-...ule-collection should work for you

Old 10-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you, Hel!
Old 10-10-2017, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTchic View Post
We may see them together at England rugby matches in November provided Harry isn't there in an official capacity but just as a fan. The matches on the 18th and 25th are my best guesses but I could be wrong.
They finish filming Suits on November 15th, she might hop over the pond to London for a few days before Thanksgiving on November 23rd.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Aristocracy

How much longer do you think Meghan's Instagram will be up?
Old 10-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Why wouldn't she be able to keep it? Several royals have an instagram account (though perhaps not in the UK?). If she intends to continue with her work as goodwill ambassador it would make sense not to lose the followers that she has at the moment.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Does she still use her IG account?

LaRae
Old 10-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

She hasn't posted in a long while, same with her twitter. I kinda doubt that would change should she and Harry marry. Seems there would be even less use for them since there are at least two royal twitter accounts and an instagram account with more followers than she has. That said, I'd love if she kept them and occasionally tweeted about her work and other things important to her. That would be refreshing to see.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

She hasn't posted in a while. She shut down her Tig website and hasn't posted on her IG since April.

I am thinking she will have to delete her IG soon and I am shocked it still up. For whatever reason, the BRF does seem to frown on personal public social media accounts. Not sure why.

I hope Meghan is able to keep her IG account and I think it is crappy that she wouldn't be able to. I hope she is able to keep some individuality.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

One can express individuality without having an IG account.

LaRae
Old 10-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Why wouldn't she be able to keep it? Several royals have an instagram account (though perhaps not in the UK?). If she intends to continue with her work as goodwill ambassador it would make sense not to lose the followers that she has at the moment.
The British monarchy is a lot more uptight that the other royal families. Everything she posted would be judged as improper.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:34 PM
Aristocracy

Exactly, Alow and I think it sucks that the BRF is so uptight. It makes no sense. Come into the 21st century.

I was really saddened that Meghan had to shut down the TIG. I am hoping she can continue to blog about her interests. Why was she forced to shut it down, anyway?
Old 10-10-2017, 05:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
The British monarchy is a lot more uptight that the other royal families. Everything she posted would be judged as improper.
I'm not so sure it is the monarchy so much as some of the subjects of the monarchy who judge harshly.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
Exactly, Alow and I think it sucks that the BRF is so uptight. It makes no sense. Come into the 21st century.

I was really saddened that Meghan had to shut down the TIG. I am hoping she can continue to blog about her interests. Why was she forced to shut it down, anyway?
She wasn't forced--she chose to shut it down. It brought her unwanted attention.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Aristocracy

Did she say it was her choice? And either way, she was going to have unwanted attention, so I don't buy that.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes I agree that it's not likely to see them again till late Nov or into Dec...busy busy work time for both of them...I bet they are burning up the skype and/or phone lines though!

Most likely the wedding dress will be a Brit. I think her wedding lunch/dinner dresses would be American and/or Canadian.

A Canadian designer wouldn't be considered to be a U.K. designer, technically or otherwise.

LaRae
I agree with your timing but when it comes to her wedding dress I think, like every royal bride, she will have her own input and may very well choose an American designer as her wedding itself signifies her change of lifestyle if not the relinquishment of her citizenship. It's her chance to show who Meghan Markle, successful actress, blogger, sometime designer and American citizen to the world. If the wedding is filmed, more people will see it and her more than any other one time in her life.

Quote:

Meghan closed the TIG quite some time ago and I definitely do not believe that Harry sat her down and told her "if you want to date me lose the blog!". It was too soon in the relationship to make lifestyle demands. I think it was a combination of factors, including spare time and a boyfriend she didn't want to share with anyone anytime soon, being chief among them.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy

Marg, I agree re Meghan possibly choosing an American designer for her wedding dress and if she does, I do not see why anyone would be offended. She IS American.

Also, I wonder if, when she gets hitched, if the press will persist in calling her "Meghan Markle" as they persist in calling Kate, "Kate Middleton."
Old 10-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Off topic and I admit it. So no one reply. I don't want a spat, I just want to comment.
I think it bad form to name call here in posts. And specifically I think it overreaching when my fellow countrymen name call the Brits or anyone else - just based on cultural differences. It's a different culture, so when we judge the BRF by US standards, I just think we are speaking out of turn.
I enjoy the forums because of the diversity and differences in our cultures. Just saying.
And I am just tickled pink that both Harry and Meghan seem so happy right now.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Did she say it was her choice? And either way, she was going to have unwanted attention, so I don't buy that.
She didn't say anything, she just shut it down.

Of course she can't avoid unwanted attention. But these optional platforms (her social media, The Tig) are one place where she can exert a semblance of control over what fodder the rest of the world does or doesn't have for poring over and extrapolating this and that.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
No one can force her to do anything she doesn't want to. And judging based on what we know about these two people, it's highly unlikely that would happen. Harry seems the supportive type to people he loves. Meghan isn't a push over either.