Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s in good hands. Her doctors and her mother is nearby. It’s likely why Harry was allowed to attend the service for a few hours. It’s a nervous time though. You can see Harry is trying to be cool, calm and collective.

Reality they asked for privacy, may be the baby is already born

Again, they said they are sending out an announcement when she goes out to labor. I think people have taken the privacy thing out of context.

Unless she needs an emergency C-section or if the labor happens in the middle of the night and just goes by really quick, I don't expect they'll deviate from what they've already told the reporters.

And I take the whole informing the press when she goes into labor thing with a grain of salt. Some labors can last a very long time, and I don't think the press is owed a heads up the minute she has her first contraction, so they can say insightful things like "My this is taking a long time..."

And I take the whole informing the press when she goes into labor thing with a grain of salt. Some labors can last a very long time, and I don't think the press is owed a heads up the minute she has her first contraction, so they can say insightful things like "My this is taking a long time..."

I did give caveat to that above. My point was that the intention is to do so, so rules out the theory that's already had the baby and not telling anyone because they asked for privacy.

I agree we won't get told when Meghan is only in the beginning stages of labor. We didn't with Kate either. I'm sure Kate was experiencing labor at home prior to going to the hospital. We were told once she was admitted to the hospital.

Once Meghan is admitted wherever she is having the baby, or the medical team is in place if she is actually having a home birth, we'll get an announcement.

This is conspiracy theory level speculation.:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, no. The baby isn’t here (yet). We’ll get the announcement of labor any day now.

Do people really think they send out these labour announcement at the first contraction? It is always once it is pretty far advanced. And typically an hour or two would have passed before they even announce the birth. I expect the same timeline with Meghan as well.

Do people really think they send out these labour announcement at the first contraction? It is always once it is pretty far advanced. And typically an hour or two would have passed before they even announce the birth. I expect the same timeline with Meghan as well.

I'm getting the impression that that is exactly what some people are expecting, which is kind of funny when you think about it.

You're quite true about this. There's no way they'll report to the journalists that she had her first contraction. People say Catherine was fast, but we don't know how long she endured her contractions (it was only fast between the annoucement that she was in labor and the actual birth).

My mom often says that when she was about to have me, she stayed at home until the contractions were too painful and when they were repetitive. With my older brother she went straight away to the hospital and she had to wait for many hours, so with me, she decided to stay at home a bit longer until she felt it was necessary to go.

That's why the labor and birth of first babies are longer. And it's not because of babies, it's because of unexperienced women on having their first baby (of course, there some exceptions though).:flowers:

I took the request for privacy as not disclosing to the public the place where the birth will occur. They don't want a three ring circus chomping at the bit to crowd entrances and block traffic. They're having a controlled environment during Meghan's labor on the Long Walk which doesn't disturb either the expectant parents or the town of Windsor itself.

They're not conspiring to shut the world out but rather prefer it all to be handled in a calm, rational manner in their own time, their own space. Information about the birth is a privilege and not a right.

If the baby had already been born, logic tells me that Harry's face at the ANZAC service would give it away or he'd not even be there at all. ;)

My mom often says that when she was about to have me, she stayed at home until the contractions were too painful and when they were repetitive. With my older brother she went straight away to the hospital and she had to wait for many hours, so with me, she decided to stay at home a bit longer until she felt it was necessary to go.

This also was the normal procedure I followed. I started labor at home and waiting until they started coming close together to head to the hospital. Even then, I was walking the halls and smoking in the waiting room until hard labor started. I never did have a very long hard labor. Meghan will probably know exactly when its time and she's prepared for it. Once hard labor begins, Harry may then alert the press to the Long Walk. We'll see what happens soon.

Last edited:
This also was the normal procedure I followed. I started labor at home and waiting until they started coming close together to head to the hospital. Even then, I was walking the halls and smoking in the waiting room until hard labor started. I never did have a very long hard labor. Meghan will probably know exactly when its time and she's prepared for it. Once hard labor begins, Harry may then alert the press to the Long Walk. We'll see what happens soon.
I think that's what happened with Catherine too. The press was told she was in labor at 6am with Louis, right? But I firmly believe it was the hard labor. She probably spent many hours before on irregular contractions until it became severe. That's why we all got the impression that Louis birth was extremely fast.

So, who knows if Meghan started to feel her first contractions now...

Last edited:
I think that's what happened with Catherine too. The press was told she was in labor at 6am with Louis, right? But I firmly believe it was the hard labor. She probably spent many hours before on irregular contractions until it became severe. That's why we all got the impression that Louis birth was extremely fast.

So, who knows if Meghan started to feel her first contractions now...

I have never thought about that but you are probably correct.

Its also possible that heading to the hospital at the sign of a first contraction is unnecessary. I found that out with one of my kids. Got there and was told they were Braxton Hicks contractions (false labor pains) and was sent home.

For Louis' birth, by the time the press was alerted that Kate was in labor, she had already been admitted to the hospital and safely tucked away in the Lindo Wing. ?

I think today was the day I came to the Royal Forums the most times:flowers: I come back like from 15 and 15 min or so. I confess that I feel a bit exhausted. PLEASE baby, everybody is eager to meet you on this world!!

:lol: My alarm went off this morning, I hit the snooze button and rolled over to go back to sleep, but then I popped up quickly like, "AAAAAHHHH!!! The baby!!! :eek:" and grabbed my phone to check the news. :lol:

Come on out, Baby Sussex! :flowers:

Mark my words: as soon as I sign off tonight and go on a social media blackout to avoid seeing spoilers for a movie that I won't be able to see until Sunday, Meghan will go into labor.

But of course! Babies can be so uncooperative! :lol:

Last edited:
Well I didn't see any storks at all today so no clue on that angle. However, I did get a vision of two huge golden arches with the scent of special sauce emanating from it. :D

So the Great Wait continues.....

Well, this baby is certainly taking his sweet time, isn't he?

Speaking as someone who was born two weeks late. :lol:

Well, this baby is certainly taking his sweet time, isn't he?

Speaking as someone who was born two weeks late. :lol:

I was born a week late, and also ask Baby Sussex to hurry up before we start to lose our sanity :lol:

He/she will be born tonight (Friday, Australian time) when I'm out for hours. That's guaranteed! :bang:
Surely it can't be too much longer before something happens!

I really don't think they would have announced the pregnancy before 12 weeks. So if that was only 12 weeks when they announced, then the 29th of April would be the due date.
Definitely late April/early May. IMO, she's already past her due date, I'm betting on yesterday.

I was born a week late, and also ask Baby Sussex to hurry up before we start to lose our sanity :lol:

Aren’t we kind already in the process? :lol: I’ve been on my phone as soon as I open my eyes in the morning for the past two weeks.

Last edited:
I really don't think they would have announced the pregnancy before 12 weeks. So if that was only 12 weeks when they announced, then the 29th of April would be the due date.
Definitely late April/early May. IMO, she's already past her due date, I'm betting on yesterday.

I picked yesterday as the baby's birthdate. I was obviously wrong.?

But it could have been Meghan's due date. So I say the baby is a day late.;)

Last edited:
Last edited:
The first time I was nine months pregnant, my mom would call me pretending she actually cared how I was doing, until one day I made her tell me that she was just calling about the baby.

I pity poor Meghan. The whole world is like “have you had that baby yet?”

Hmm, here's also an interesting article about how Meghan's years of yoga practice has kept her fit. She has apparently continued her practice throughout her pregnancy, but likely more with slow and easy stretches, rather than elaborate positions as her pregnancy has advanced into late stages. Kate is said to practice yoga as well, so this is at least something the duchesses have in common, and perhaps have shared notes on:
https://fitworldsport.com/fitness/2...-stays-fit-through-pregnancy-the-cheat-sheet/

https://www.thisisinsider.com/meghan-markle-yoga-routine-2018-9

Personally, I think Meghan is past her due date. Doria is reported to have been in England since April 16th. That's ten days already. Assuming she arrived a week before the due date, that would put Meghan at 2-3 days past her due date, which fits with why Harry was only added to attending the ANZAC Day Service the morning of.

You guys all sound like "Are we there yet?" or maybe "Could you hurry please". Either way, it can't be until I've had a chance to replace my champagne . . . it's kind of like chocolate . . . I don't fancy its chances past a week. (less in an emergency ) ?

Am sure both brothers, wives, grandparents etc are all happily and excitedly waiting for the big day. Am very much looking forward to seeing some nice, happy photos of the new family, done Meghan and Harry's way. I think they will have a surprise in store for us too, maybe in the style of the photos but something different. Just like their engagement and wedding photos were.

Maybe the dogs will even make an appearance! :))

:previous:

Not according to Camilla Tominey:

Camilla Tominey @CamillaTominey 17 minutes ago
NB Ambulance spotted near Frogmore Cottage yesterday is a driver training vehicle picking up food for students while out and about all day, according to South Central Ambulance Service. Keep calm tweeps. It could be another few days yet #royalbaby #BabySussex #ticktock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom