Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you all have any links to a news story reporting those embargoed statements? I just did a quick search, and I don't find anything about that. (Not doubting you, but there's so much speculation, I'd be curious to track down a source.)

If the Palace press reps have lied to the media about announcing the labor and birth, it will be a huge scandal, with nasty backlash. I don't think they're stupid enough to risk this, but who knows?

Why bother? Honestly, if she’s already had the baby, what does it benefit anyone to lie about it?

There is literally no upside. All signs point to BP alerting us when she’s in labor and when the child is born. Even if the decision had been made to only tell us after the child was born, it’s very easy to issue a statement that says “earlier today/yesterday the duchess gave birth, she and the kid are doing well. More information to come when H&M are ready to share.”

Lying to the media has no upside, so why bother? The simplest explanation is the most probable: like many pregnancies, this one is going past the due date.

I still haven't seen anything that proves the Palace has actually said anything one way or another about any of it. It seems to me that all the sources are Twitter feeds or unsourced second-hand media reports. I have a hard time believing that the Palace released an embargoed media kit -- these days no one embargoes releases, because they know everything will be leaked.

The press office has nothing to gain by sitting on the news, but if Harry and Meghan want to keep everything really private, I can imagine they might want stifle the info for a few days. It would be a risky idea, though.

I don't have any opinion about whether Meghan is past her due date or not. Who knows? It's only May 5. If this discussion is still going on around May 20, I might start to wonder, but we're not even a week into May yet.

BP sent an email to the press detailing how things will go once she is in labor. They all literally posted about it. They have all confirmed on air what was said. I don't know what else people need. At this point people seem to be in denial and just refuse believe it but that doesn't make it not true.

I'll believe they sent such an email when someone actually publishes it. That hasn't happened yet.

Do I think the baby has already been born? Probably not. But, the Palace has already screwed things up so much, anything is possible.

I'll believe they sent such an email when someone actually publishes it. That hasn't happened yet.

Do I think the baby has already been born? Probably not. But, the Palace has already screwed things up so much, anything is possible.

What have they screwed up? Not making the baby some circus side show :whistling:

People really need to get over this conspiracy theory that they are hiding the baby. Why?? What exactly does anyone have to gain by denying the baby was born??? Harry and Meghan have clearly said even after the baby is born they wont release the photo for a day or two. So its not like they are hiding it so they can have their privacy.

All this denial about the statement from palace, is what leads to the moon bump and other crazy conspiracies. These press packets are how the palace has done thing for years. Not some new conspiracy. No need to publish the packet for reasonable belief.

I still haven't seen anything that proves the Palace has actually said anything one way or another about any of it. It seems to me that all the sources are Twitter feeds or unsourced second-hand media reports. I have a hard time believing that the Palace released an embargoed media kit -- these days no one embargoes releases, because they know everything will be leaked.

The press office has nothing to gain by sitting on the news, but if Harry and Meghan want to keep everything really private, I can imagine they might want stifle the info for a few days. It would be a risky idea, though.

I don't have any opinion about whether Meghan is past her due date or not. Who knows? It's only May 5. If this discussion is still going on around May 20, I might start to wonder, but we're not even a week into May yet.

The palace absolutely gives operational notes to the press that are not publically released (unless the press posts it -- Omid Scobie seems to be particularly bad for this). And the palace absolutely embargoes information; When the January 14 visit by Harry and Meghan to Birkenhead was announced, the events mentioned were the Hive, a meeting with the MP, a plaque unveiling, and Tomorrow's Women Wirral. One event, a visit to Number 7 cafe, was embargoed.

Chris Ship was on Pod Save the Queen this week, and got an email about an embargoed announcement that should be announced at the end of this coming week (Thursday, I think, but I'd have to go back to listen to the podcast again to be sure).

Operational notes exist so that the royal rota can plan any travel necessary to cover royal events. They don't get posted publically, because the public doesn't need to know the information most of the time.

This particular release and operational note *was* mishandled, it's true. Think for a second if we'd heard the release without the leaked operational note and everyone assumed we'd hear a few days after the baby was born, only to find out that they alerted the press when she was in labour and arranged a press pen; the confusion would be immense. The wording of the release was a muddled mess.

Well if you think the royal correspondents are lying feel free to tweet them. They have said what the memo detailed more than once now. I don't understand this need for conspiracy.

It actually has been. I think it may have been on Twitter or Instagram. I saw and read it. You can find it if you search for it. There may actually be a link to a picture of the full press message in this thread. I don’t care enough to spend the time searching online or back through the thread.

After the German press leaker showed the whole message from BP, multiple press sources confirmed that was the release they had received. At this point, even if BP had released the whole message for public consumption, the conspiracy theorists would still be at it. I don’t really see how BP “screwed things up so much.” It seemed fairly straightforward to me.

I know, I don't understand how someone can see anything wrong with lights on the London Eye (or anywhere else, for that matter). But I guess there'll always be people who will try to disagree just to disagree.

I like the tradition - I remember being out with friends and seeing the lights after Charlotte was born, it was a great moment. There was a lot of people there too and I doubt any of them would find something wrong with it, everyone seemed happy for the couple and the little baby.

There's nothing wrong with lights on the London Eye, and nothing wrong if there aren't any either. But as mentioned earlier, it was already announced there will be red white and blue lights on the London Eye honoring the baby's birth. It's a nice celebration for the public. Still, whether or not lights were going to appear celebrating the eventual birth, has nothing to do with the baby's importance to parents, family, friends and fans of the Sussexes. ?

Someone explained earlier in the thread that the decision for the lights is made by the owners of the London Eye, which is cool. It's not a royal family tradition.

Last edited:
It seems that baby takes its sweet time. ;) I hope that Meghan will get a labor she wants. Andy I Hope they won't wait with the announcement more than a day or two. Longer delay will probably bring a lot of criticism on them.

I do not recall any of these conspiracy theories around Kate and William when their babies were due. They had it down to a fine art by the time Louis was born.

The world will know when we are told, not before.

Well if you think the royal correspondents are lying feel free to tweet them. They have said what the memo detailed more than once now. I don't understand this need for conspiracy.

I am not sure what they have screwed up, the original announcement was that the sussexes would announce when the baby was born when they had time as a family, photographs to follow. This gave the impression to the world that we would be told nothing until the baby was here. The embargoed press release that the German newspaper released stated the press would be told when Meghan went into labour and when the baby was born with photographs to follow. The only real difference is that we do not know for sure where she is having the baby, and there will be no photocall. We were told Kate would go into the Lindo wing to deliver but we didnt know the minute the first contraction started, also the babies were a few hours old before it was announced to the world. So there is nothing really different about this time. \\\\\\\\just people wanting there to be a conspiracy

From what I understand, it will be announced when Meghan does go into labor and at that time, the Long Walk will be opened to the media for *three days*. Its giving the media the opportunity to be "on scene" to report on the birth of Baby Sussex.

We'll see the media flocking like a gaggle of geese to the Long Walk and there they'll remain until there's an announcement that the baby has been born. Perhaps a performance by the self acclaimed Town Crier and a message posted on an easel at the gate to Windsor Castle (and the private grounds beyond that gate). Then the media hangs around and within that time period of three days following going into labor, they'll pick up the feed from the 1 photographer, 1 cameraman and 1 reporter from the PA where Harry and Meghan present their child to the world and announce the name.

So I'm seeing a three day period covering the actual birth of Baby Sussex and its a well thought out and well planned way of doing it. Very controlled and well structured and organized for everybody concerned. On the other hand, all we can do is hurry up and wait... hurry up and wait... hurry up and wait. :D

Honestly I don't see a point of announcing that Meghan went into labor and then waiting days to confirm the birth.

Honestly I don't see a point of announcing that Meghan went into labor and then waiting days to confirm the birth.

Logic tells me that they wouldn't open up the Long Walk for three days once she starts labor for the media to just "hang around" until the photo call at Windsor Castle. I think its going to be in three stages over three days.

1. Meghan goes into labor and the Long Walk is opened to media.
2. The birth is announced (sex, weight and length). Then starts the "family time". Of course, the Queen and grandparents will be notified before the public announcement of the birth.
3. Photo call with the new parents and child and name announcement.

As mentioned before, the real only difference is that the photo op of leaving the hospital with the infant is different.

Logic tells me that they wouldn't open up the Long Walk for three days once she starts labor for the media to just "hang around" until the photo call at Windsor Castle. I think its going to be in three stages over three days.

1. Meghan goes into labor and the Long Walk is opened to media.
2. The birth is announced (sex, weight and length). Then starts the "family time". Of course, the Queen and grandparents will be notified before the public announcement of the birth.
3. Photo call with the new parents and child and name announcement.

As mentioned before, the real only difference is that the photo op of leaving the hospital with the infant is different.
That would make sense:)

Last edited:

True. I assume she's going to slip out of hospital quietly and then go home and have the famly time,.

Exactly. We'll be informed of the labor and the birth but with the privacy requested, nothing from Harry and Meghan themselves until they're ready for the photo call at Windsor Castle. With limiting the access to that photo call, the ability to travel from Frogmore Cottage to Windsor Castle unobserved and being able to rest and have "family time" first, its the definition of "privacy" as opposed to "secrecy".

I think what I'd like the most about this kind of a scenario is that most likely it will be Harry and Meghan themselves that announce what they've named their child. Its possible. ?

It actually has been. I think it may have been on Twitter or Instagram. I saw and read it. You can find it if you search for it. There may actually be a link to a picture of the full press message in this thread. I don’t care enough to spend the time searching online or back through the thread.

After the German press leaker showed the whole message from BP, multiple press sources confirmed that was the release they had received. At this point, even if BP had released the whole message for public consumption, the conspiracy theorists would still be at it. I don’t really see how BP “screwed things up so much.” It seemed fairly straightforward to me.

Message copy was actually at that twitter link on message 2163 at comment part.

It may be at the point where the doctors will have to help baby Sussex out now.

I can’t imagine anyone thought Meghan would still be pregnant on this date. What a busy week for the royals and on top add Baby Watch! If she is a week overdue then this week is it medically speaking.

I do not recall any of these conspiracy theories around Kate and William when their babies were due. They had it down to a fine art by the time Louis was born.

Of course not . With William and Kate we had an official birth month , with Harry and Meghan it's only Spring 2019 and that would have been the only time frame given if Meghan hadn't mentioned late April/early May . With W/K we knew where and approximately when and that was further nailed down due to the parking restrictions being cut down to two weeks starting with Charlotte . Announcement to be made once Kate is admitted to the hospital if it's daytime , not during the night . With Harry and Meghan it's all we're having a baby , please wait , maybe we'll tell you something , maybe we won't .

I try to avoid speculation especially around childbirth, but I have been thinking this for weeks. What if there is no "labor" in the traditional sense?

I personally think the Long Walk is being used to keep the press out of the way and off all kinds of doorsteps. I think this is such an excellent use of the Windsor environs.

I actually think anything H and M are doing to tamp back intrusive interest at such a private time is wise, wise, wise. If she were my daughter, it's what I would advise her to do.

I wish all three of them an excellent week!

I can’t imagine anyone thought Meghan would still be pregnant on this date. What a busy week for the royals and on top add Baby Watch! If she is a week overdue then this week is it medically speaking.
Me! Personally I am not surprised. I've been saying it and I will say it again- I will not be surprised if Baby Sussex arrives next week!

Ahhhh finally. The long awaited news that Meghan is in labor. Won't be long now! :D

Awww and yay! Sending prayers their way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom