Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very happy for them! However a lot of news outlets and Royal reporters are saying they announced it at the wedding. If true I find that in extremely poor taste to take attention away from the bride...

I am seeing *after*. (I assume, at least after the first day of the wedding festivities - they left for the tour before the wedding weekend actually concluded. haha) We can likely assume that the only reason they waited to announce the pregnancy until T-0 days was because they didn't want to take attention away from Eug and Jack. I find that to be very much accommodating. :flowers:

Although, I am sure the immediate family knew beforehand. Still classier to let others knows before they read it in the papers a day later, imo. haha

Last edited:
Very happy for them! However a lot of news outlets and Royal reporters are saying they announced it at the wedding. If true I find that in extremely poor taste to take attention away from the bride...

Perhaps you misread or misunderstood what was said.

In their age (especially Meghan's) why should they wait?

I am 99% sure that they put away contraceptives since their wedding.

Which is why I think she may be more than 12 weeks.They may have waited until now to make sure everything was okay, post scans and amniocentesis.
MM is 37 so they need to get on with it, as a friend of mine would say, especially as it can take some women who are in their 20's up to a year to get pregnant.

Hope all goes well for her.

I am seeing *after*. (I assume, at least after the first day of the wedding festivities - they left for the tour before the wedding weekend actually concluded. haha) We can likely assume that the only reason they waited to announce the pregnancy until T-0 days was because they didn't want to take attention away from Eug and Jack. I find that to be very much accommodating. :flowers:

Although, I am sure the immediate family knew beforehand. Still classier to let others knows before they read it in the papers a day later, imo. haha

Yes I believe articles are being updated and have removed the announcement during the wedding. I now see that the family had the opportunity to congratulate them at the wedding which seems a lot more probable than them announcing it at the wedding!

I understood that they told their family at the wedding..

This is wonderful news. Congrats to Harry and Meghan. The baby will be 7th in line to the throne but this will be historic: a child of African American lineage will be a successor to the throne.

I hope the Sussexes are taking all precautions since they are not calling off Fiji and Tonga. I hope health and strength for Mom, Dad and baby (or babies).

As for telling the BRF - Harry and Meghan didn't want to overshadow Eugenie and Jack's day. It's probably why they didn't go to the reception- the social media addicted guests would have snapped a picture of a pregnant Meghan and upload it on their pages. The tour prep was a cover.

Doria's statement was lovely and I know she is looking forward to being a grandma. Blessings all around!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I refuse to believe that either of them are that crass or insensitive...

The BBC said they told senior royals. HM the Queen, Princes Phillip,Charles and William and the Dutchess of Cornwall and Cambridge.

Has Meghan now the british citizenship or is she still an american woman? Could their baby also have the american citizenship?

I refuse to believe that either of them are that crass or insensitive...

And besides that, if they had actually announced it at the wedding (rather than merely telling the immediate family members on the day of the wedding), it would have been all over the news on Friday night!

The BBC said they told senior royals. HM the Queen, Princes Phillip,Charles and William and the Dutchess of Cornwall and Cambridge.

Well, they wouldn't have told Camilla at the wedding. She wasn't there.

Has Meghan now the british citizenship or is she still an american woman? Could their baby also have the american citizenship?

Unless the rules were bent, she is not yet a British citizen and would therefore almost surely still be a US citizen, which means the baby will be a US citizen as well.

So happy for them. I suspected for a long while now. Meghan must be starting to show and since they are 16 days straight of working happening, likely wanted it out in case Meghan might have to cancel.

What a year for them.

I believe Lady Sarah was the last to be born 7th-in-line. Lady Sarah is pretty cool so this baby is joining good company.

Well, they wouldn't have told Camilla at the wedding. She wasn't there.

Now I can see them Facetiming with Camilla during wedding.
Hey darling, wish you were there. Yeah-yeah, here is the cake, look, yeah, looks yammy. No, I don't find tablecloth hideous, no, it's not Sarah's chose, it's Genie's. Will and Kate say hi
Will and Kate: Hi!
Philip: what are you doing with this thing? Why are you talking to the phone like that?
Charles: Pa saying hi as well. Oh, Harry and Meg are here.
Harry: Is it Camilla on the phone? Cool. Hey y'all, I have some news.

No surprise there whatsoever! They said they wanted a family, clearly waited until after the wedding so as not to over shadow!

Okay, won my bet. I was sure Meghan was pregnant when I saw her around the time she presented the book she organized for the Grenvill ztower survivor's kitchen. It's just her wearing black so much and the way her waist looked bloated. And then I thought that they won't tell before Eugenie's wedding but have to before the Aussie tour starts because she might have to cancel a leg of the tour because of Zika. Et voilà!
I am so happy for them, I'm sure she will be a fun and loving mom and Harry a cuddly bear Daddy.

Great news. Happy for the couple that their wish of starting family will be so quickly fulfilled if all goes well.

The news itself is not unexpected given a few of the pictures in Sussex and her choice of wardrobe on Friday - and as some already thought: they waited until after the wedding to announce. But it indeed makes sense to not wait until after the tour...

She is most likely due towards the end of April if she is at least 12 weeks along. I am 10 weeks and 3 days along, and I am due May 10.

Hooray! Congrats to Harry and Meghan! I am excited she is due around the same time as me.
Congrats to you too!

I seriously doubt the told family at the wedding. The papers just write nonsense too fill pages. I'm sure the family was already told well before the wedding.

They sure didn't waste any time! ??

Congrats. And may the child be healthy and happy. :flowers:

Yes, Muhler, Harry is quite the virile man...look at your two own princes, ex-soldiers both, just like William... Maybe serving with the military helps.
Plus I love the fact that the new "Youth ambassadour" will be a Daddy soon.

Ahhhh... what amazing news to wake up to!!!

Just when I thought that Harry couldn't be happier and content with his life (it shows in his face every time I see him), this news comes along and, mark my words, its going to show a Harry definitely and totally over the moon ecstatically beaming for the duration of this pregnancy. I'm not even going to attempt to describe this man's emotions upon the birth of his first child. I guess we'll have to keep an eye on the Royal Men's Fashion thread and keep track of the color of the clouds Harry is walking on. :D

This is going to be one very blessed child who will be brought into this world and loved and cared for and nurtured by two people that have always wanted and craved a family.

This is going to add big time to this tour Down Under. Congratulations will abound and just add a special glow to Mama Meghan's already gorgeous complexion.

Yesterday, with all the talk about Meghan's fashions being so popular, I was musing over the idea of having a specific thread just for the tour's fashions. Now, I think we do really need it. Meghan's maternity fashions. ?

What a happy Monday this has turned out to be!!

So happy for them, what a fantastic piece of news ! I was scrutinizing each recent pic !

Even the Beeb can get it wrong.?

I think the media got it totally wrong. If they had told the RF at the wedding, the other Royals would have behaved differently to Meghan, especially the younger ones. They surely would have fussed over her. And they wouldn't have told them during the reception, because then it would be a very open secret in minutes - someone would overhear and posting it on social media to be the first one to tell about it. So I think the Royals knew for a while, fussed about Meghan while they waited for their cars to arrive to bring them to church if they saw her for the first time then and then kept quiet.

For this was to be Eugenie's weekend and I think the whole family closed ranks to make it in fact only about their relative. Now that the focus is on Harry and Meghan anyway, it was the perfect time to make a public statement.

Ahhhh... what amazing news to wake up to!!!

Yesterday, with all the talk about Meghan's fashions being so popular, I was musing over the idea of having a specific thread just for the tour's fashions. Now, I think we do really need it. Meghan's maternity fashions. ?

What a happy Monday this has turned out to be!!

We already have one ! It doesn't take long, does it???

Spare a thought for dear Harry. I see him receiving many hearty slaps on the back from enthusiastic well wishes everywhere they go.

I think the media got it totally wrong. If they had told the RF at the wedding, the other Royals would have behaved differently to Meghan, especially the younger ones. They surely would have fussed over her. And they wouldn't have told them during the reception, because then it would be a very open secret in minutes - someone would overhear and posting it on social media to be the first one to tell about it. So I think the Royals knew for a while, fussed about Meghan while they waited for their cars to arrive to bring them to church if they saw her for the first time then and then kept quiet.

For this was to be Eugenie's weekend and I think the whole family closed ranks to make it in fact only about their relative. Now that the focus is on Harry and Meghan anyway, it was the perfect time to make a public statement.

"Senior Royals" were told. I can imagine that they are good at keeping secrets, if they are anything like my family ??

Ouch. Yes spare a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
They said the family were all able to congratulate in person at the wedding. I am sure they were informed well before it. That was just the 1st time the entire family had been together in a while.

Looking back at Meghan chatting it up with Zara and Anne and then HM outside. I see it.

Our moderators definitely keep right on top of things. Seems like the nights I get an exceptionally good and long sleep, that's when everything happens and the threads go bonkers. Takes me a good while to catch up on things. :lol:

One thing that is a good omen so far is that, with this pregnancy, nothing had to be changed and adapted as far as this tour is concerned. I'm sure that Meghan has discussed everything with her doctor and she's been given the green light to go ahead with the plans in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom