Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seen fairly obvious that he isn't all that enamoured of England as he takes every opportunity to leave the place to spend time in other places such as Africa but his future is in England/Britain and he either needs to embrace that future or give up his titles, position and the perks that go along with it. In time I am sure that he will settle into the role of the second child in the same way that Margaret and Andrew have done so (I know Anne is the second born but Andrew is the second in line of the Queen's children - and yes I know he is now 4th but he was born 2nd and then moved down to 3rd and now 4th).
He more likely visits Africa because that's where his girlfriend lives. It doesn't mean he doesn't like England. I think Harry also likes to take a winter holiday in warm climates to get away from the cold, as many Britons do, and who can blame them? I would do it too if I could afford to.

He more likely visits Africa because that's where his girlfriend lives. It doesn't mean he doesn't like England. I think Harry alos likes to take a winter holiday in warm climates to get away from the cold, as many Britons do, and who can blame them? I would do it too if I could afford to.

He visited Africa before meeting Chelsy. And the places he visits aren't where Chelsy lives. Places like Botswana. Okovango Delta etc.

He'll change his tune. Both my boys were not enamoured of Oregon until they left and discovered how crappy Iraq and Afghanistan was and how beaufitul it is here. Russo would wager a good bottle of Merlot he'll fall in love with "This England" again. (The lovely quote escapes Russo, Bertie you know it, don't you??)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know exactly why he doesn't like England. He can't find peace there and the press bombards his life. He probably has more tranquility in Africa. I would dislike it to if I were him.

He'll change his tune. Both my boys were not enamoured of Oregon until they left and discovered how crappy Iraq and Afghanistan was and how beaufitul it is here. Russo would wager a good bottle of Merlot he'll fall in love with "This England" again. (The lovely quote escapes Russo, Bertie you know it, don't you??)

Well he's back, and no one has asked him whether he likes England or not anymore. Maybe you should drop him a call Russo. ;)
I still think he has the same feeling that England is not his true home.

The press will follow in whereever he goes, However if he goes to Zimbabwe the BBC or any other news channel are allowed there.
I haven't seen recently, any real stories about him except when he recieved his wings.

Well he's back, and no one has asked him whether he likes England or not anymore. Maybe you should drop him a call Russo. ;)
I haven't got his number, do you? I know it's not 867-5309, that's Jenny's.

:D

He visited Africa before meeting Chelsy. And the places he visits aren't where Chelsy lives. Places like Botswana. Okovango Delta etc.
He visited once before meeting Chelsy. Now he visits regulary because his girlfriend lives there. Botswana and Okovango Delta are near South Africa where Chelsy lives. I'm sure they don't just stay in her hometown when he's there, of course they're going to travel to different parts of Africa. Africa is a beautiful place to see.
I'm just saying I don't think it's fair to assume that because he travels that it means he hates his country.
I think it's the press he doesn't like, not England itself.

He visited once before meeting Chelsy. Now he visits regulary because his girlfriend lives there. Botswana and Okovango Delta are near South Africa where Chelsy lives. I'm sure they don't just stay in her hometown when he's there, of course they're going to travel to different parts of Africa. Africa is a beautiful place to see.
I'm just saying I don't think it's fair to assume that because he travels that it means he hates his country.
I think it's the press he doesn't like, not England itself.

I know they don't. But i don't asume that every single time he goes to Africa it is because of his girlfriend.
I don't assume that because he travels he hates his country, I think he travels because he isn't suited to England. He is more suited to being "normal" I suppose and living in the Jungle.
I think the press has a part to play, i don't think it's the main reason.

Keep in mind this interview was done right after he was pulled out of Afghanistan. So he was obviously angry at the British press about it which is understandable.

Keep in mind this interview was done right after he was pulled out of Afghanistan. So he was obviously angry at the British press about it which is understandable.

The Drudge Report is America and an Australian magazine released it before that. So the British press only talked about it after that.

The Drudge Report is America and an Australian magazine released it before that. So the British press only talked about it after that.
:previous: Ah, but America and Australia are "overseas", Britain is home and the clamour from the British Press is what forced the issue and made them pull him out, so I think he had every right to be Brassed Off with England! :bang:

Britain's Prince Harry: I don't like England much | Reuters
In the article it's clear he's referring to the British press. (The video cuts out that part of it.) And let's face it, the British press is probably the nastiest in the world.
I re-read the article and he refers to the press separately to saying he didn't like England.

"But I generally don't like England that much and, you know, it's nice to be away from all the press and the papers and all the general ****e that they write."

He doesn't just say he doesn't like the press but specifically says 'I don't like England that much' and then adds the notes about the press. To me he is saying quite clearly that he doesn't like England and that one of the things he doesn't like is the press.

:previous: Ah, but America and Australia are "overseas", Britain is home and the clamour from the British Press is what forced the issue and made them pull him out, so I think he had every right to be Brassed Off with England! :bang:

Ahh but it was the Drudge report that told us that Harry was in a war zone, so it wasn't the British press' initial fault (but bet they were upset as they didn't get the exclusive). They only talked about it, after the MOD had decided to pull him out.
Also between the Australian magazine publishing the news and the Drudge report, there was something like 2 months.

As I luvBertie has said, i think he doesn't like England, and the press is one of the reasons why. Not that he just doesn't like the press.

I think we have to take into consideration Harry's frame of mind when he did this interview. Looking at the video he's clearly still in Afghanistan and hasn't gone home yet. So he probably didn't know the details yet of how things were leaked/reported and was therefore angry with the British press. He even swore in it which he would never normally do in an interview so he was obviously really angry. He probably didn't word it the best way but I doubt he would diss the country that he just fought in a war for.
In my opinion he shouldn't have done the interview right away and should have waited until he cooled down about the whole thing.

:previous: That's certainly putting it into perspective.

I'm willing to give Harry the benefit of the doubt. :flowers:

Let's get back on topic.

Harry made this comment many years ago at a time when he and his brother were seen coming out of nightclubs. He has since calmed down and is keeping a lower profile. Plus he appears to spend more weekends away from London. I don't for one second think that he has stopped enjoying himself, but hopefully he is learning to be more discreet and not be such a target for the paps.

I agree that he should not have done that interview as soon as he stepped off the plane from Afghanistan. It was an Australian site that first revealed he was serving in Afghanistan, then the Drudge report picked up on it, but I wonder how many people follow those sites. If it wasn't for Jon Snow on Channel 4 news using these sites as an excuse to reveal the story to the British public then I don't think any of us would have been any the wiser.

Of course we would have found out, the news would have got out somehow, whether by Jon Snow reporting it, or some other news channel whether British or Foreign.

But anyway, relationship musings.

Of course we would have found out, the news would have got out somehow, whether by Jon Snow reporting it, or some other news channel whether British or Foreign.

But anyway, relationship musings.
Quite right. I remember Saturday Night Life having somebody like Sec. of State Colin Powell or General Schwartzkopf on as a guest host and a parody of a press conference where they kept asking questions such as "Tell us exactly where our troops are." or the other question "Now exactly where are they going and who are they going to kill?" Things that the press certainly doesn't need to know. The term "Loose lips sink ships" doesn't apply to the current press--in ANY country.

^the mail is claiming otherwise (scroll past the Middleton non-story):

Where did you get that hat, Mrs Middleton? ...well, that¿s just what elegant, well-connected daughters like Kate are for | Mail Online

Although in this article they claim they spilt after being 'loved-up and happier than ever' only one week ago (yeah, I'm rolling my eyes right now):

Prince Harry: There isn't a day goes by in Africa when I don't think about my mother..I can be myself here | Mail Online

Let's wait and see. :whistling:

Well she was supposed to be in Africa with him, or that is what all the reports said.
The press are bored, the couples are doing nothing interesting so they have to make up the news stories.

Well she was supposed to be in Africa with him, or that is what all the reports said.
The press are bored, the couples are doing nothing interesting so they have to make up the news stories.

Quite right. If they had split up, why is Chelsy seen wearing the blue topaz ring that Harry gave her whilst she was at Ascot yesterday.

Also, the DM has contradicted itself brilliantly here, saying she had to return to Britain to take an exam so therefore wouldnt have been hosting World Cup parties and inviting Kate Middleton out to Africa, as they had previously reported.

well kate didnt go either did she? just wondering if i missed some pictures...

We don't know if she went, but it seems pretty silly to go to SA, not be allowed to spend time with your boyfriend, and not have any friends to spend time with.

Clarence House and St James' Palace have not confirmed or denied the reports that the split is true. I am therefore hedging my bets that the whole thing is not true.

Says to me slow news day and the papers needed something to help sell them.

Clarence House and St James' Palace have not confirmed or denied the reports that the split is true. I am therefore hedging my bets that the whole thing is not true.

Says to me slow news day and the papers needed something to help sell them.

You won't get any official announcement to say anything about either of the boys relationships.
Clarence House does not get involved with the boys personal lives.

The last two times that Harry and Chelsy have split up there has been an announcement/statement from Clarence House, hence why I said what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom