The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 08:15 AM
Courtier

William and Harry are very close and I have a feeling that if William starts to see Harry out and about enjoying the single life he may start to feel tempted himself and perhaps think that he is missing out. He's been in a relationship with Kate since he was 20 and I don't think it's a good idea for a young person (a man especially) to do that as it often results in them having a "crisis" regarding other women at some point in their lives. This may prompt such a reaction in William especially as I have never thought his heart has been 100% in it with KM but she makes herself so available that it's been easy for him to just keep going along with her.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Aristocracy

I'm sad to hear it,if it is infact true.Chelsey's a beautiful,smart girl and both of them have to do what's right for their own happiness.Besides being a princess is way over rated.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalone3 View Post
Besides being a princess is way over rated.
True!

To be honest, I always thought they were a good match personality-wise, but couldn't ever imagine Chelsy as a princess. I like her more than KM for sure (at least she's doing something useful and substantial with her life!) but she never seemed to me a 'princessy' sort of person. That's not meant as a criticism, just an observation. As Duke of Marmalade pointed out, she gives the impression of being a bit of a 'rebel'. Also, like Empress Merel said, breaking up is common at this age for couples that have been together for some time. It's just the extra media attention on them that makes this appear more significant and life-changing than it is (at least for Harry).
Old 01-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Aristocracy

I think with all of the racial drama going on right now with Prince Harry, it might have made it easier to call it quits with Chelsea without looking like a jerk (i.e. the way Prince William was perceived after trying to call it quits with Kate last year. Prince William was thought to have been leading Kate on.) The racial media attention could have given Harry a reasonable reason to dump Chelsea (wanting a change in life), and as for Chelsea, she will have less of the stigma of being a “former-royal-girlfriend” because maybe she wants a change in life too. It could be perceived as her choice to leave him, and that is the only way she can leave her relationship with Harry in the past... that is, if she dumps him. Now, maybe she can get on with her life without constant “what-if” questions that go with being a former royal girlfriend. This constant drama going on in their lives, and I say their because they are/were a couple, gives Chelsea a perfectly good reason to dump Prince Harry too… just too much unwanted/ unnecessary negative drama when life could be so much more easy.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Courtier

Why would Harry look like a jerk for ending things (although it seems to be Chelsy that ended things)? Relationships end all the time, especially when they are both so young and this is not the first time the media have had stories of these two ending things. I don’t think he was thought of as a jerk those times. Also when did William and Kate break up last year?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Also when did William and Kate break up last year?
I think Melania was talking about the early 2007 breakup. It's still new in 2009. A lot of people get confused which year was last.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Courtier

OIC thanks, I was wondering if I had missed something there
Old 01-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
ETA: I found her account it's not public so unless dailymail got a hold of someone who was friends with her there is no way they'd know about her status. Why would she alter her profile status to read Relationship: not in one she could just alter her relationship status, oh well go figure. Interesting only dailymail are running with the whole facebook status part of the report. I'd add to her just to see for myself but then I'd feel rude and like I'm invading her privacy.
Plus, she'd have to add you back for you to see her account, and I'm not sure she'd add someone she didn't know.

One thing I don't understand: The Daily Mail reports that Chelsy's Facebook status was changed to "Relationship: not in one." Since when was that an option? Is it a UK Facebook thing? Because I've only ever seen people listed as "in a relationship" or "single." ?

I agree with everyone who said that break-ups are pretty common among couples Harry and Chelsy's age. I think think that people this age have so many things they'd like to do with their life--career, travel, in addition to romance--that even though breaking up is painful, they're able to sacrifice a romantic relationship to other goals for a while. But when these same people are ten or twenty years older, they're ready to settle down or devote their full attention to a relationship--and at that time, they often turn back to the person they loved in their youth. It happened to Charles and Camilla. I can see it happening with Harry and Chelsy, but who knows?
Old 01-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
One thing I don't understand: The Daily Mail reports that Chelsy's Facebook status was changed to "Relationship: not in one." Since when was that an option? Is it a UK Facebook thing? Because I've only ever seen people listed as "in a relationship" or "single." ?
Quote:
The news leaked out after she altered her profile on the social networking website Facebook to read: ‘Relationship: Not in one’.
^I thought they meant she changed her profile status you know where it would say Chelsy is:(and she'd write whatever she's doing) so I just figured they were saying she wrote Chelsy: Relationship: not in one, cause like you said it would be impossible for her to put "not in one" under her relationship status.

ETA: She just removed her account so you can't search for her. She must have been bombarded with friend requests thanks to Dailymail's article.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
^

ETA: She just removed her account so you can't search for her. She must have been bombarded with friend requests thanks to Dailymail's article.

Thus probably reinforcing her decision to end the relationship: she would never have privacy. Ever.

I wish them both well. Five years is a HUGE amount of time for anyone in their age group.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
According to one of the Grandchildren, you have the option of - In a relationship, Single, Married, Engaged, Open Relationship, It's complicated.

How on earth would the Daily Mail know if it was even the real Chelsy with an account at/on Facebook?
Old 01-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

^I believe, I could be wrong though the real Chelsy has private pics up with her friends/family,cause the account I saw that has now been removed had a picture with Chelsy and some of her friends it looked like, I'm pretty sure it was Chelsy sure looked like her in the picture,(the pic was pretty small but I enlarged it a bit just to see) there's another account but this one has a pap picture of her up as her profile hence I don't think that one was her. Daily Mail now altered their article about the split, actually oddly enough Daily Mail was the same site that reported about William and Harry's facebook accounts. They've talked about Chelsy's facebook account before this as well. The pic was saved in my history I'd post it but I'd feel it would be an invasion of her privacy
Old 01-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
^I believe, I could be wrong though the real Chelsy has private pics up with her friends/family,cause the account I saw that has now been removed had a picture with Chelsy and some of her friends it looked like, I'm pretty sure it was Chelsy sure looked like her in the picture,(the pic was pretty small but I enlarged it a bit just to see)
Surely if it's small, this indicates it has been 'borrowed' rather than owned? Anyone trawling the picture agencies could come across unpublished pictures of her and her friends/family, couldn't they?
Old 01-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Royal Highness

It doesn't sound like a real account though. I've seen people using celebrity photos in their accounts. It's really nutty IMO, like some obsessed stalker. But hey, human nature...bla bla... For someone in the public eye for quite awhile now, it doesn't sound plausible that she would leave her account open until now.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Surely if it's small, this indicates it has been 'borrowed' rather than owned? Anyone trawling the picture agencies could come across unpublished pictures of her and her friends/family, couldn't they?
Well it's small because you need to have access to her account in order to see any of her pictures or profile, therefore you'd have to become friends with her. She's regularly changed it in the past from what I've seen/heard. Apparently she's taken if off a couple of times so you can't search for her then eventually put it back on and apparently changed her name once from Chelsy Davy to Chels D
Old 01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
According to one of the Grandchildren, you have the option of - In a relationship, Single, Married, Engaged, Open Relationship, It's complicated.

How on earth would the Daily Mail know if it was even the real Chelsy with an account at/on Facebook?
Right, those are the options, but "not in one" isn't an option (and sounds strange if you think about it).

As for the pic being small on Chelsy's supposed Facebook account, you can only see a tiny version of everyone's picture unless you're actually friends with them, so that's neither here or there on the question of whether the account is genuine. She probably does have a real Facebook account and ghost_night is probably right that she's removed it (at least temporarily) but I'm questioning where The Daily Mail is getting its info about her account.

I still think it's kind of sad that Harry and Chelsy have split up. I liked them together.

Can someone explain to me why there is a purple sad face on the top of my message? I tried to use it but I didn't think it would get stuck there...
Old 01-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
but I'm questioning where The Daily Mail is getting its info about her account.
That's what I'm wondering too, but if you go back and read their old articles they've mentioned in the past about her status on her facebook account, such as apparently when Harry was banned from going to Iraq, apparently her status was "thrilled" they've also reported on William and Harry's supposed accounts, but why would they add people from the daily mail as their friends you know, I mean you'd think they'd be more careful so I'm inclined to believe someone in her circle of friends may have leaked this.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
but why would they add people from the daily mail as their friends you know, I mean you'd think they'd be more careful so I'm inclined to believe someone in her circle of friends may have leaked this.
Maybe the papers just made it up (the bit about their facebook accounts) to make their stories seems more substantial. Won't be the first time they make stuff up!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe, wouldn't surprise me to say the least. So Chelsy emerged today she looked quite happy and tanned!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:50 PM

I think this whole thing is quite dissappointing, I really hope its been made up, at first I was sceptical of Chelsey and considered her a bit of a ladette, but I really think she has improved and would have made a nice Princess Harry.

God Save The Queen!

Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe