The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Royal Highness

Totally! You'd think with the paps camped outside the bar getting W&K coming & going, surely they'd get Chelsy who supposed to have left before them.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:40 PM

The recent gossips also seem ....well, it's no shocker... contradictory, as gossips usually are. They say Chelsy is homesick (again) for South Africa and wants to go there after finishing law school, but then they also say she likes the firm where she's an intern enough to be thinking of staying there, and I'm assuming that law firm she is working at now is in London? I forgot the name of it.... But of course, it is not necessarily a contradiction, as she could easily want to work there and be homesick at the same time. That would be, c'est la vie.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
But of course, it is not necessarily a contradiction, as she could easily want to work there and be homesick at the same time. That would be, c'est la vie.
I'm sure she has mixed emotions about it. I think it would be only natural for her to go through periods of doubt when she longs for home. The climate alone would be a big minus. She'll have to balance the benefits of staying in London with her feelings of homesickness.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Royal Highness

The law firm is Farrer and Co., the Queen's legal counsil apparently. Though the articles never specifically makes any charges, the hint-hint implications have been Chelsy got the internship through royal connection. Seems to me, it's also possible Ferrer picked Chelsy to boost their PR. While some may think it's unnecessary for a firm already tied to the royals, in this tough economy, any firm could benefit from some subtle press mentions.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post
The law firm is Farrer and Co., the Queen's legal counsil apparently. Though the articles never specifically makes any charges, the hint-hint implications have been Chelsy got the internship through royal connection.
I shouldn't think they need to "hint". Like it or not, "networking" or "the old school tie" is the way most firms at that level operate.

It should not be overlooked that they may also be soliciting for Chelsy's family business in the UK. Or, to put it bluntly, "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours"!
Old 12-21-2008, 11:24 PM

Yeah, true.... No doubt Incas and Marg are right. It makes perfect sense to me. I wonder how this economy effects the Davys' safari business too. Are many people going on safaris now? And with the political climate in Zimbabwe, who wants to go there of all places?
Old 12-22-2008, 04:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Yeah, true.... No doubt Incas and Marg are right. It makes perfect sense to me. I wonder how this economy effects the Davys' safari business too. Are many people going on safaris now? And with the political climate in Zimbabwe, who wants to go there of all places?
Charles Davy sold his share in the safari business HHK that had as another shareholder a member of the Mugabe regime, 2 years ago. His equity in the company that he sold reportedly earned him 20million pounds. ( The Davys are not poor!) He has other business interests.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post
The law firm is Farrer and Co., the Queen's legal counsil apparently. Though the articles never specifically makes any charges, the hint-hint implications have been Chelsy got the internship through royal connection.
Even though she would not have passed the interviewing process if she were not academically up the scratch, I think it can be considered a fact that she got the position through her connections (whether Royal or Paternal): high-flying law firms are like the business world and the entertainment industry, you need to know someone who knows someone to get places.
I don't blame her as the system was in place before she was born and I would rather see her use her connections to get a professional career started rather than just to get entrance at elite nightclubs and society events, like other Royal hanger-ons I won't name.
Quote:
Seems to me, it's also possible Ferrer picked Chelsy to boost their PR. While some may think it's unnecessary for a firm already tied to the royals, in this tough economy, any firm could benefit from some subtle press mentions.
I doubt she did anything for their PR.
Those wealthy enough to afford their services already know about them and they are more likely to be impress by the Queen's name than that of the blonde gf of her grandson (if they even know who she is, that is: the Times and Wall Street Journal don't really keep tabs on Harry's love-life).

Old 12-22-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
Charles Davy sold his share in the safari business HHK that had as another shareholder a member of the Mugabe regime, 2 years ago. His equity in the company that he sold reportedly earned him 20million pounds. ( The Davys are not poor!) He has other business interests.
I wondered if the Mugabe regime would find some way to get his Zimbabwe properties.... sounds like he sold out before they could confiscate it? I didn't think the safari company was their only income source lol. Thanks for the info.

Idriel, I absolutely agree with your last post. Except the Times and the Telegraph do actually cover Chelsy and her family........... rarely but they have done it.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I wondered if the Mugabe regime would find some way to get his Zimbabwe properties.... sounds like he sold out before they could confiscate it? I didn't think the safari company was their only income source lol. Thanks for the info.
Charles Davy had already surrended 4 farms in 2000 to the Zimbabwean government. The equity that he sold in his safari business didn't include land, it included things such as safari licences.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Hope it´s true and she´s the first one (before Kate) who wilts (breaks down)
Hope Kate follows
Those Ladies IMO have a habit/behaviour that let the boys even more go downhill
"Tell me what kind of girlfriend you have and I tell you who you are..."
Old 01-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
Puts pressure on his brother doesn't it?
To follow in Harry's (or Chelsy's, as it may) footsteps? Doubtful.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Courtier

I could never see her being a part of the royal thing, she seems far too independent. And she clearly has her own ambitions and goals, I doubt she would want to give those up...
Old 01-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

^You've got a point, although the only part I'm iffy about is the confirmation on her facebook, I'd love to see if it's true but I'd feel weird adding her to my account. I don't expect to hear any confirmation from the Palace (they've already released a statement saying they won't comment) even within the next few days the only way we'd know is if we see Harry out with someone else and that won't be happening anytime soon.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
To follow in Harry's (or Chelsy's, as it may) footsteps? Doubtful.
Why is it doubtful? Doubtful in the way people can drift away or doubtful because Kate does not seem to have the career driven mind behind her?
Old 01-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Doubtful that one brother will necessarily break up with his girlfriend just because the other one was dumped.

Chelsy and Harry didn't break up when William and Kate did in 2007; there's no reason to think that William and Kate will break up now in the wake of a Chelsy/Harry split.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 01-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Kay View Post
Doubtful that one brother will necessarily break up with his girlfriend just because the other one was dumped.

Chelsy and Harry didn't break up when William and Kate did in 2007; there's no reason to think that William and Kate will break up now in the wake of a Chelsy/Harry split.
No you're right it might not mean he will break up with her because Harry has with Chelsy. However it doesn't mean he wont either, because it is possible the same sort of problems are there in that relationship also.

All I said was it will put pressure on those two more so with the media.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Just wanted to add I went back and looked at some old articles and it appears Daily Mail does have access to Chelsy, William and Harry's facebook accounts. I'm pretty sad actually I loved these two together but I did have a hard time imagining Chelsy part of the Royal Family.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I am surprised they even made it that far. Although they had a relationship that can be called "serious", I could never see them going down the "traditional" route: engagement, marriage, kids, house with garden & white picket fence, living happily ever after. They both seem to be kind of rebels, "wild" types who might have been good and exciting for each other during a certain period of life but unable to grow together, the basis for a lifelong relationship.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well if we can believe it was Chelsy that broke up with Harry then she definitely wouldn´t fit into the "waity Chelsy" category. A very independent and intelligent young lady who didn´t leave her career or education behind to follow a prince.
Good for her, she is wealthy and can afford to pick and choose and let us hope she finds someone who is right for her whenever she feels like settling down.

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe