Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I don't understand: The Daily Mail reports that Chelsy's Facebook status was changed to "Relationship: not in one." Since when was that an option? Is it a UK Facebook thing? Because I've only ever seen people listed as "in a relationship" or "single." ?
According to one of the Grandchildren, you have the option of - In a relationship, Single, Married, Engaged, Open Relationship, It's complicated.

How on earth would the Daily Mail know if it was even the real Chelsy with an account at/on Facebook?:ermm:

^I believe, I could be wrong though the real Chelsy has private pics up with her friends/family,cause the account I saw that has now been removed had a picture with Chelsy and some of her friends it looked like, I'm pretty sure it was Chelsy sure looked like her in the picture,(the pic was pretty small but I enlarged it a bit just to see) there's another account but this one has a pap picture of her up as her profile hence I don't think that one was her. Daily Mail now altered their article about the split, actually oddly enough Daily Mail was the same site that reported about William and Harry's facebook accounts. They've talked about Chelsy's facebook account before this as well. The pic was saved in my history I'd post it but I'd feel it would be an invasion of her privacy

^I believe, I could be wrong though the real Chelsy has private pics up with her friends/family,cause the account I saw that has now been removed had a picture with Chelsy and some of her friends it looked like, I'm pretty sure it was Chelsy sure looked like her in the picture,(the pic was pretty small but I enlarged it a bit just to see)
Surely if it's small, this indicates it has been 'borrowed' rather than owned? Anyone trawling the picture agencies could come across unpublished pictures of her and her friends/family, couldn't they?:flowers:

It doesn't sound like a real account though. I've seen people using celebrity photos in their accounts. It's really nutty IMO, like some obsessed stalker. But hey, human nature...bla bla... For someone in the public eye for quite awhile now, it doesn't sound plausible that she would leave her account open until now.

Surely if it's small, this indicates it has been 'borrowed' rather than owned? Anyone trawling the picture agencies could come across unpublished pictures of her and her friends/family, couldn't they?:flowers:
Well it's small because you need to have access to her account in order to see any of her pictures or profile, therefore you'd have to become friends with her. She's regularly changed it in the past from what I've seen/heard. Apparently she's taken if off a couple of times so you can't search for her then eventually put it back on and apparently changed her name once from Chelsy Davy to Chels D

According to one of the Grandchildren, you have the option of - In a relationship, Single, Married, Engaged, Open Relationship, It's complicated.

How on earth would the Daily Mail know if it was even the real Chelsy with an account at/on Facebook?:ermm:

Right, those are the options, but "not in one" isn't an option (and sounds strange if you think about it).

As for the pic being small on Chelsy's supposed Facebook account, you can only see a tiny version of everyone's picture unless you're actually friends with them, so that's neither here or there on the question of whether the account is genuine. She probably does have a real Facebook account and ghost_night is probably right that she's removed it (at least temporarily) but I'm questioning where The Daily Mail is getting its info about her account.

I still think it's kind of sad that Harry and Chelsy have split up. I liked them together. :sad:

Can someone explain to me why there is a purple sad face on the top of my message? I tried to use it but I didn't think it would get stuck there...:lol:

but I'm questioning where The Daily Mail is getting its info about her account.
That's what I'm wondering too, but if you go back and read their old articles they've mentioned in the past about her status on her facebook account, such as apparently when Harry was banned from going to Iraq, apparently her status was "thrilled" they've also reported on William and Harry's supposed accounts, but why would they add people from the daily mail as their friends you know, I mean you'd think they'd be more careful so I'm inclined to believe someone in her circle of friends may have leaked this.

but why would they add people from the daily mail as their friends you know, I mean you'd think they'd be more careful so I'm inclined to believe someone in her circle of friends may have leaked this.

Maybe the papers just made it up (the bit about their facebook accounts) to make their stories seems more substantial. Won't be the first time they make stuff up!

Maybe, wouldn't surprise me to say the least. So Chelsy emerged today she looked quite happy and tanned!

I think this whole thing is quite dissappointing, I really hope its been made up, at first I was sceptical of Chelsey and considered her a bit of a ladette, but I really think she has improved and would have made a nice Princess Harry.

I think it is sad. I had high hopes for her ....and him...

Is there anyone besides me who noticed that this break-up occurred not long after the video was released of Harry kissing, licking, and saying "I love you" to another soldier? Perhaps that was just too much for Chelsy, even if Harry was just kidding around with the guy.:ermm:

Is there anyone besides me who noticed that this break-up occurred not long after the video was released of Harry kissing, licking, and saying "I love you" to another soldier? Perhaps that was just too much for Chelsy, even if Harry was just kidding around with the guy.:ermm:

Well spotted Mermaid, it may have been the icing on the cake. :nonono:
Then of course that came after him not picking her up on time at the airport, choosing to go to a rugby game instead of her birthday. Why are we even surprised.:nonono:

But they broke up right after those incidents and then got back together so I doubt that was a factor because if it really bothered her they wouldn't have got back together. I really don't think the video had anything to do with this come on it was 3 years ago since he taped it, if there was real problem in the relationship it should have been due to things that have happened more recently not something from 3 years ago, well atleast that's what I think maybe Chelsy took things differently.

ETA: I found this when I googled facebok to get into my account

The report could not be verified as Royal officials refused to comment and Davy’s Facebook page could not be viewed.
So maybe I was right and she really did take it off atleast for now.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4830589a1860.html

ETA: I found this when I googled facebok to get into my account
The report could not be verified as Royal officials refused to comment and Davy’s Facebook page could not be viewed.
That still doesn't mean she actually had one. :flowers: The article says 'according to NotW':flowers:

From the happy smiling face of Chelsy pictured in the various tabloids today, the break up probably happened either on their break or immediately after, not a day or two ago.

Well she prob does though cause the account I saw has since been removed from the search which prob means she changed her account to restricted and I have seen various(small) profile pictures over the years from her facebook account around the internet and it's definitely her in the pictures I've seen, I doubt anyone( as in posers) could get those pics unless her friends accounts are public and have the same pictures as Chelsy's account or if they do have private accounts as well then you'd have become friends with one of Chelsy's friends in order to obtain the pictures.Unless someone is so desperate that they save's small private pictures of Chelsy and puts them as their profile picture to try and impersonate her but I really don't think there's anyone that desperate out there. I know some of her friends have sold pictures to agencies but these don't look like they're from any agency. And technically the article is wrong cause Daily Mail was the first one who reported the facebook thing, I didn't see it in the NOTW article originally unless they changed it since I last read it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope that Harry doesn't hook up with one of the Spencer twins now. I bet a Mr. Davy, even with Mugabe-connections would be received better as Harry's future father-in-law than Earl Spencer.... :D

:previous: Too close a relationship, first cousins are they not? :eek:
-----------------
And technically the article is wrong cause Daily Mail was the first one who reported the facebook thing, I didn't see it in the NOTW article originally unless they changed it since I last read it.
But ghost_night, does it matter? They have apparently split up, apparently they are both happy with the decision and that is all 'we' will know of their relationship (on or off). :flowers:

I still wish then both every happiness.:angel:

But ghost_night, does it matter?
No, it doesn't matter. Every time there's a claim to have found someone's Facebook page we go round in the same circles.
Could we please drop it and move on.

thanks.
Warren
British Forums moderator

:previous: Too close a relationship, first cousins are they not? :eek:
-----------------
But ghost_night, does it matter? They have apparently split up, apparently they are both happy with the decision and that is all 'we' will know of their relationship (on or off). :flowers:

I still wish then both every happiness.:angel:
Oh no it doesn't I was just saying. I only wish them both the best of luck in the future, who knows maybe one day they'll get back together.:flowers:

ETA: sorry Warren I didn't mean to start anything:flowers:

From the Independent:

I don't think Chelsy was pushed out, I think she left on her own terms.
I agree however with the general point that she was of a much higher caliber than Harry (and the other one) but I'd rather see Harry with a woman that will challenge him and push him up rather than with a loyal doormat.

I definitely agree. I've always liked the fact that Chelsy seems to have her own goals and plans for the future, and that she's not going to sacrifice them just to fit into the royal family. I think Harry would better off with someone who knows her own mind (within reason, of course!) and challenges or criticizes him from time to time, than an adoring follower who supports him unquestioningly and tells him he's wonderful all the time.

I definitely agree. I've always liked the fact that Chelsy seems to have her own goals and plans for the future, and that she's not going to sacrifice them just to fit into the royal family. I think Harry would better off with someone who knows her own mind (within reason, of course!) and challenges or criticizes him from time to time, than an adoring follower who supports him unquestioningly and tells him he's wonderful all the time.

The very reason why she wouldn't fit in with the royal family is 'she's not going to sacrifice them just to fit into the royal family'.

Unfortunately on joining the royal family that is exactly what she would have to do. A young woman marrying into the royal family at the level of marrying one of Charles' sons has to realise that in doing so her own personal ambitions and goals go by the wayside and the royal family takes over.

It's amazing how many people seem to support Chelsy and consider her too good for Harry. I remember when she was first cast into the spotlight as a royal girlfriend, there were tons of negative comments and harsh criticisms, as can be expected for royal bfs/gfs when they're first introduced. But then Chelsy quickly won over many people with her unpretentious demeanor and the fact that she seems to be a girl with a plan, determined to live her own life. I'm certainly one of her converts and I'm sad to see her go but at the same time, I'm definitely rooting for her to succeed in her future endeavors.

:previous: I agree, at first I was not that keen on her marrying Prince Harry then perhaps her determination to finish University and to make a career for herself, despite her family´s money, won me over. Also the fact that she was not a person to mope round waiting to become a princess. One thing that Chelsy seems not to be is someone´s doormat to be always ready to fit in with someone else´s plans.
I hope she finds someone who will appreciate her more.

Hm... interesting observations here: Chelsy was too "chavish" to begin with and now she to smart, too clever and too good for the royal family! It's difficult - if not impossible - to judge someone by photos, but in Chelsy Davy's case an independent streak does come through IMO, and it isn't compatible with life as a royal spouse. It is always the commoner who has to adjust to the royal life, not the other way round!

Whatever the reason for the split, I seriously doubt that Mr. Davy's alledged connections with Robert Mugabe was something the royal family was willing to negotiate!

By the way, I've noticed that when princes are splitting with their commoner GFs, it's usually the girl who is credited for the decision!
At least that was the rule rather than the exception with the two Danish princes. At the bottomline it is better PR for the royal party!

I'm happy about the split, I think she wasn't the right girl for Harry..a rich commoner is the worst choise for a royal IMO

I'm happy about the split, I think she wasn't the right girl for Harry..a rich commoner is the worst choise for a royal IMO

the worst choice are middle-class commoners who are after both, money and status.

in the long run chelsy war far too dignified to become a waity chelsy with a royal boyfriend who expects his missus to take in all the flak and tolerate the slip-ups because at one point she might be rewarded with a ring on her finger.

Weren't they often separated from each other due to circumstances? I personally couldn't cope with that as I'd consider the relationship half-baked. I know not everyone would feel this way but relationships deserve a lot of time and attention. Early on I'd be willing to accept separations due to circumstances but not further down the line.

Distance is hard on relationships. especially new ones and when both parties are still finding themselves. Married couples with one spouse in the military are separated for months (years). And with this economy families are having relocate one spouse just to make it. Harry and Chelsey may really like each other but that commitment isn't there. If he's like most guys its was him balking. She did the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom