The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 09-04-2008, 04:42 PM
PrincessofEurope's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,823
i dont think the press pursue Chelsy as much whilst she is at her studies in Leeds - yes there are some picture of her but as yet she has to face the daily hords of cameras outside her front door waiting for her as they have done with Kate since she moved to London - most likely this will change when Chelsy tries to seek employment but maybe by that stage Harry and her could be engaged

I think that Harry will be much more protective of Chelsy and not let her be harrassed by the cameras - he was especially close to Diana and saw what damage they have done by chasing her and the impact that had on her life and was a major factor in her death - Harry wont want the same to happen to his girlfriend and maybe if they started following her like they do with Kate, he might be forced to take action ie an early marriage
__________________

__________________
This is the stuff of fairytales

  #82  
Old 09-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Duchess's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: xx, Canada
Posts: 1,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifmeister View Post
I'm not sure that asking about or discussing security arrangements of anyone, Royal or otherwise, is really in the interests of these boards or those being discussed.
i think since none of has an inside as to the security details of any of the royals, it's ok to discuss it.
__________________

__________________
Duchess
  #83  
Old 09-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Harpenden, United Kingdom
Posts: 9
I don't want to start up another Kate v Chelsey argument but maybe the press leave her largely alone in Leeds because they are genuinely impressed that she is following her studies etc etc and has an obvious focus. Also they can see how much Harry loves her and after what he has said in articles knows that keeping on the right side on them will benefit the press in the future. I think that Harry and Chelsey would make a fantastic addition to the Royal family..
__________________
  #84  
Old 09-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Potsdam, Germany
Posts: 199
I don't think the press has really left her alone much in Leeds. Actually she has been pictured on campus frequently. It's just that because it's currently summer break (from June 13 - September 24) and she was in SA, we didn't get any pictures except for those her friends politely provided on facebook. I'm sure we'll get more pics once she's back at university. The term starts September 24. Otherwise I think here's simply less press about Chelsy because honestly -noone cares about her and Harry to the same extent they do with William and Kate (or whoever else he would be dating). Harry's wife won't be of great importance in the RF - maybe have the same status as the Duchess of Wessex has right now. William's wife on the other hand will become Queen so obviously people and the press pay much more attention. Chelsy was only good for scandal which she doesn't provide anymore so she became uninteresting for the press. So, IMO, it's not so much respect (not saying that she doesn't deserve respect for studying) but simply the fact that she doesn't sell papers.
__________________
  #85  
Old 09-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,191
If William gets very sick or is killed, Harry will be king. Even if Harry ends up being the king's brother, he'll be a very important figure until William's children grow up. He'll be William's "Princess Margaret."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post
Harry's wife won't be of great importance in the RF - maybe have the same status as the Duchess of Wessex has right now. William's wife on the other hand will become Queen so obviously people and the press pay much more attention.
__________________
  #86  
Old 09-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 1,692
The press will be looking for rivalry, real or imagined, between the brothers' wives much as they built up between Diana and Sarah, over everthing: figure, hair, makeup, fashion, children, and the list goes on and on.

On another note, it's Countess of Wessex. And even though Sophie only dated Edward while Diana was living. She was constantly dragged into comparisons with the ex-wives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isana View Post
Harry's wife won't be of great importance in the RF - maybe have the same status as the Duchess of Wessex has right now.
__________________
  #87  
Old 10-13-2008, 06:08 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
If you ask me, I don't think either that Chelsy would not be a fitting wife for a Prince of the UK and future Royal duke. But if Harry loves her and wants to marry her, he could do what the Danish princes did on marrying wifes who would not fit in with the idea of Royal princesses in DenmarK: get rid of their Royal titles and accept the title of Count - in this case the queen (or Charles, depends on who is souverain then) could issue letters patent that HRH Prince Henry of Wales will after his marriage to Miss Chelsy Davy be known as Henry Mountbatten-Windsor, First Earl of X, Viscount Y and Baron Z with the precedence of the younger son of a duke. So that Chelsy never becomes princess Chelsy for the media which would give them endless opportunities to ridicule the RF. Harry must not even drop out of the line of succession as you need not be HRH to have a place. And it would be better for Chelsy, too, because as Countess X she could easily practise law while as HRH The Duchess of Ahem she could not. And it would not change their private life/position in society overly much, Harry would still be the younger son of Charles and a member of the RF.

I would love to hear the discussions in the editing departments of the media about how to deal with the fact that while the RF would be downgrading the family (which they normally promote) but at the same time strip Diana's son of his HRH...
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #88  
Old 10-13-2008, 08:06 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,922
Without getting into the debate of whether Chelsy is a suitable bride for harry or not, or whether should or should not drop out of the line of succession, I would just like to make one point. Irrespective of how unsuitable a potential bride may be, the BRF should not create precedents where specific members of the royal family (not counting the heir to the throne, ala Duchess of Windsor) are demoted or their titles altered. If you go down this path, you will end up having a referendum run by the tabloids as to which potential bride is suitable and which is not. IMO a neater approach would be for the BRF to take a view fairly early on in relationships as to potential suitability as a potential member of the BRF.
__________________
  #89  
Old 10-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
Prince Edwardand his wife are known as the Earl and Countess of Wessex and their children the normal style of an Earlīs son and daughter. Children of a Sovereign were always Royal Dukes or Royal Princes and their children received the title of Prince and Princess otherwise Prince Michael of Kent would never be a Prince, or come to think of it, the Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie wouldnīt either.
I believe that King Haraldīs grandson has not got the title of Prince when he is the only son of the Crown Prince (so far). His sister is going to be Queen but he isnīt a Prince...this I find strange but perhaps there is a reason for this.
__________________
  #90  
Old 10-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Prince Edwardand his wife are known as the Earl and Countess of Wessex and their children the normal style of an Earlīs son and daughter. Children of a Sovereign were always Royal Dukes or Royal Princes and their children received the title of Prince and Princess otherwise Prince Michael of Kent would never be a Prince, or come to think of it, the Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie wouldnīt either.
It's in the monarch's discretion as the fount of all honour to grant or take away privileges for her family. Prince Edward did not want his children to be Prince/Princess of the Uk even though they were entitled to this rank due to letters patent of king George V. as they are, like Prince Michael of Kent, grandchildren of a souverain. So the present queen issued a new letters patent for her son. It remains to be seen what happens if the countess has another son - at the moment this boy would be simply Hon. Mr. Mountbatten-Windsor, as younger sons of earls don't have the courtesy title of "Lord Firstname Familyname" but are "The Honorable Mr. Firstname Familyname". It remains to be seen as well if king Charles will elevate his brother to a Royal Duke of Edinburgh once the time has come when it's possible to do so.

Quote:
I believe that King Haraldīs grandson has not got the title of Prince when he is the only son of the Crown Prince (so far). His sister is going to be Queen but he isnīt a Prince...this I find strange but perhaps there is a reason for this.
Sverre Magnus is Prince of Norway, but only with the style of His Highness instead of His Royal Highness. The style of Royal Highess is now reserved for the heir and his spouse and the heirs direct of the heir to the throne and their spouses.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #91  
Old 10-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Without getting into the debate of whether Chelsy is a suitable bride for harry or not, or whether should or should not drop out of the line of succession, I would just like to make one point. Irrespective of how unsuitable a potential bride may be, the BRF should not create precedents where specific members of the royal family (not counting the heir to the throne, ala Duchess of Windsor) are demoted or their titles altered. If you go down this path, you will end up having a referendum run by the tabloids as to which potential bride is suitable and which is not. IMO a neater approach would be for the BRF to take a view fairly early on in relationships as to potential suitability as a potential member of the BRF.
I don't know. What they should decide once tít's clear there is going to be a marriage if the bride is willing to become a full working member of the RF or not. IMHO the style of HRH should be reserved for those actually working as Royals "professionally" while allowing those who don't want to to take on a slightly lesser title gives them the advantage to be able to pursue a full-time career including the right to step on other's feet occassionally.

Over here in Germany if you stay at the university as a lawyer in order to be promoted to a Dr.iur. you normally aim at a career in management of a company, as a leading member of a more exclusive law firm or to become a public servant of the higher ranks. really, I can't see Chelsy taking on such a job if she is HRH princess Henry. Okay, she could stay on at university in order to teach law, becoming a professor in due time. There used to be a Thai princess who was a university professor, so this is not unusual. But starting out on a career like Cherie Blair - that's only possible for the wife of a politician, not for that of a prince. IMHO, of course.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #92  
Old 10-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
I had completely forgotten that Prince Edward is said to be the future Duke of Edinburgh, then of course his childrenīs titles would change.
So Sverre Magnus is Prince but not HRH. I suppose as grandson of the King and son of the future King his precedence would be the same? That is, he will come straight after his sister.
I often wonder how Princess Victoriaīs brother feels, does he feel a bit put out or does he utter a sigh of relief...probably the latter.
__________________
  #93  
Old 10-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
I don't know but I'm sceptical. The whole situation of that family is weird - not one out of three siblings married but all in permanent relationships for years! Then there is the king who lets his firstborn be lowly apprentice for decades till today, when the clock is really starting to tick: who wants to be over 50 when the firstborn reaches adulthood?

Sometimes I worry that there's a power play working out in Sweden and that her siblings help Victoria as best as they can on not getting married but still... Not good, IMHO.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #94  
Old 10-13-2008, 03:08 PM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
Harry is still young, I used to think he would get married even before this brother but I think he'll wait. If Chelsy stays around as long as Kate has, through his 20's, than that's a big sign.
__________________
  #95  
Old 11-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,191
For some reason, I have never warmed to Chelsy; and I don't really know why.
__________________
  #96  
Old 11-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
For some reason, I have never warmed to Chelsy; and I don't really know why.
They're young. Too young to even think of marriage.
__________________
  #97  
Old 11-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Menarue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cascais, Portugal
Posts: 2,155
Chelsy seems very independent but I think this is only natural as she is typical of a young lady who has had money, plenty of it, from the day she was born. I canīt see her pining away or waiting about for Prince Harry. If he is interested in her he will have to be the one that does the chasing. At least IMO.
__________________
  #98  
Old 11-23-2008, 02:55 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Well, at this point, if he suddenly married someone else, it would look ....... not so good for him. He'd have to completely end it with Chelsy, and let there be no doubts of it, and start over with someone else.

It could happen, but for some reason it seems more likely (to me) that Chelsy is The One. Maybe I'm partly biased by wishful thinking, because I do like her a lot. But that is how I feel about it. It's what my "gut" tells me.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #99  
Old 11-23-2008, 03:00 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Harry is still young, I used to think he would get married even before this brother but I think he'll wait. If Chelsy stays around as long as Kate has, through his 20's, than that's a big sign.
Harry is only 2 years younger than William. And Harry and Chelsy's committed relationship is now at least four years, with a short lived, supposed break up.
I am not saying you're wrong, how can I, because you are not wrong. It's just your opinion. But I mean, it seems like you imply there's a colossal age difference between the brothers. William is 26? Harry 24. I'm not seeing much difference.
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
  #100  
Old 11-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
It could happen, but for some reason it seems more likely (to me) that Chelsy is The One. Maybe I'm partly biased by wishful thinking, because I do like her a lot. But that is how I feel about it. It's what my "gut" tells me.
They have a passionate relationship, and these things can fizzle out. However it is telling to me that they managed to have a long distance relationship (I could never do that personally). I am unconvinced on whether she is the one because while I don't doubt he adores her and she would be a great match for the man Harry, I think she would die of boredom as the wife of Prince Harry.
__________________

__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When Harry met Chelsy MichelleVA Prince Harry and Prince William 39 05-08-2010 06:28 AM
Reports that Harry and Chelsy have split up Hendrik-Jan77 Prince Harry and Prince William 111 11-20-2007 07:20 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]