Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without getting into the debate of whether Chelsy is a suitable bride for harry or not, or whether should or should not drop out of the line of succession, I would just like to make one point. Irrespective of how unsuitable a potential bride may be, the BRF should not create precedents where specific members of the royal family (not counting the heir to the throne, ala Duchess of Windsor) are demoted or their titles altered. If you go down this path, you will end up having a referendum run by the tabloids as to which potential bride is suitable and which is not. IMO a neater approach would be for the BRF to take a view fairly early on in relationships as to potential suitability as a potential member of the BRF.

I don't know. What they should decide once tít's clear there is going to be a marriage if the bride is willing to become a full working member of the RF or not. IMHO the style of HRH should be reserved for those actually working as Royals "professionally" while allowing those who don't want to to take on a slightly lesser title gives them the advantage to be able to pursue a full-time career including the right to step on other's feet occassionally.

Over here in Germany if you stay at the university as a lawyer in order to be promoted to a Dr.iur. you normally aim at a career in management of a company, as a leading member of a more exclusive law firm or to become a public servant of the higher ranks. really, I can't see Chelsy taking on such a job if she is HRH princess Henry. Okay, she could stay on at university in order to teach law, becoming a professor in due time. There used to be a Thai princess who was a university professor, so this is not unusual. But starting out on a career like Cherie Blair - that's only possible for the wife of a politician, not for that of a prince. IMHO, of course.

I had completely forgotten that Prince Edward is said to be the future Duke of Edinburgh, then of course his children´s titles would change.
So Sverre Magnus is Prince but not HRH. I suppose as grandson of the King and son of the future King his precedence would be the same? That is, he will come straight after his sister.
I often wonder how Princess Victoria´s brother feels, does he feel a bit put out or does he utter a sigh of relief...probably the latter.:flowers:

I don't know but I'm sceptical. The whole situation of that family is weird - not one out of three siblings married but all in permanent relationships for years! Then there is the king who lets his firstborn be lowly apprentice for decades till today, when the clock is really starting to tick: who wants to be over 50 when the firstborn reaches adulthood?

Sometimes I worry that there's a power play working out in Sweden and that her siblings help Victoria as best as they can on not getting married but still... Not good, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry is still young, I used to think he would get married even before this brother but I think he'll wait. If Chelsy stays around as long as Kate has, through his 20's, than that's a big sign.

For some reason, I have never warmed to Chelsy; and I don't really know why.:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chelsy seems very independent but I think this is only natural as she is typical of a young lady who has had money, plenty of it, from the day she was born. I can´t see her pining away or waiting about for Prince Harry. If he is interested in her he will have to be the one that does the chasing. At least IMO.

Well, at this point, if he suddenly married someone else, it would look ....... not so good for him. He'd have to completely end it with Chelsy, and let there be no doubts of it, and start over with someone else.

It could happen, but for some reason it seems more likely (to me) that Chelsy is The One. Maybe I'm partly biased by wishful thinking, because I do like her a lot. But that is how I feel about it. It's what my "gut" tells me.

Harry is still young, I used to think he would get married even before this brother but I think he'll wait. If Chelsy stays around as long as Kate has, through his 20's, than that's a big sign.

Harry is only 2 years younger than William. And Harry and Chelsy's committed relationship is now at least four years, with a short lived, supposed break up.
I am not saying you're wrong, how can I, because you are not wrong. It's just your opinion. But I mean, it seems like you imply there's a colossal age difference between the brothers. William is 26? Harry 24. I'm not seeing much difference.

It could happen, but for some reason it seems more likely (to me) that Chelsy is The One. Maybe I'm partly biased by wishful thinking, because I do like her a lot. But that is how I feel about it. It's what my "gut" tells me.
They have a passionate relationship, and these things can fizzle out. However it is telling to me that they managed to have a long distance relationship (I could never do that personally). I am unconvinced on whether she is the one because while I don't doubt he adores her and she would be a great match for the man Harry, I think she would die of boredom as the wife of Prince Harry.

Chelsy always looks like she lives life to the fullest. Harry seems like the passionate 24 year old he is. They live a lovely romance. Where this will take them is anyone's guess but if these two, manage to stay together another 5 years and marry, they will never be bored with each other.:)

^I didn't suggest she would grow bored with him but with the position.
Opening hospitals, visiting kindergartens, state dinners with dull politicians, waving to crowds, attending parades, etc. It would be mind-mumbling for many of us, and for someone as spirited as Chelsy, even more so, imo.
But then again I could be wrong. Maxima, who reminds me a lot of Chelsy in many ways, is making a success of being a Princess. She actually makes it look fun.

Hello Idriel,

On the flip side of your idea: A spirited person like Chelsy can make a boring event interesting. If you derive your energy within, you then inject energy into what you do.

Deep thoughts........... by CT :D

^Hello casiraghitrio!
I agree with you it is a possibility and that is the aspect I was trying to explore with the Maxima comparison.

Oh yeah, I have felt the likeness between Chelsy and Maxima sometimes.

Off topic:
Then there is the comparison of their fathers.
It's perhaps less controversial for Chelsy's father because he only had "alleged close ties" to one of Mugabe's ministers. That's a lot different than being General Videla's agricultural minister.
Source: Zimbabwe's great white survivor - Telegraph

Well, Chelsy might be proud to know she allegedly has high approval rating from Paris Hilton. :rolleyes: I don't know anything about the online news source of this claim.
Now Paris can't stop gushing to pals in the States about how much she enjoyed bonding with Chelsy, 23.
'Harry's girlfriend was absolutely stunning and such a sweetheart,' she told friends.
The source: Paris Hilton: I'm friends with Chelsy Davy | Celebrity News | Now Magazine
Dated: 13 November 2008

Last edited:
I'm guessing, and praying, that thats false!

If there are to be bets on which girl gets a Prince, mine is on Chelsy. Mind you she seems to be a very independent and intelligent young lady and whether she does marry Harry or not, I am sure she will make the most out of her life. Good for her.

If there are to be bets on which girl gets a Prince, mine is on Chelsy. Mind you she seems to be a very independent and intelligent young lady and whether she does marry Harry or not, I am sure she will make the most out of her life. Good for her.

Menarue, probably true about Chelsy and Prince Harry. But he doesn't come with all the baggage Prince William has.:)

I Just see to much Fergie in her im afraid shell Manipulate Prince Henry I Like her I Just like Kate more.

I Just see to much Fergie in her im afraid shell Manipulate Prince Henry I Like her I Just like Kate more.

I can't understand why you'd think she'd manipulate Harry :ermm:

Good luck to her on this 2 week stint. It seems like a short time but I'll bet she learns quite a bit. She looks good iin those photos from her workbreak; very professional.

I get that feeling too. I don't know much about her, but I'm impressed with her pursuing a law degree and this internship experience. It does show independence.

And no doubt they'll have clever, blonde haired children

And no doubt they'll have clever, blonde haired children

That's kind of an oxymoron. ;P

I don't know if she'll get the spot, though it'll definitely show that's she's got a lot of talent and brains.

^Well, gossip is what Dean Rousewell is all about. :rolleyes:

There is more gossip along the same lines, suggesting trouble in their relationship, from The London Paper blog: thelondonblog: Princes throw right royal bash - for £8k

It says that Chelsy left early without Harry at that xMas party at Whiskey Mist Wills and Kate attended also.
Wills stayed by Kate Middleton all night,” said our spy. “But Chelsy left ages before Harry, leaving him in the company of three mystery brunettes until the very end of the night.”

Chelsy has to get up to go to work

Interesting that there were no photos of Chelsy from the party.

Yeah, no pics of her arriving or leaving.... but then the only pics I've seen were two, of Wills and Kate in the car, and Kate leaving. For that matter, we haven't seen Harry either. So I guess it's their word against ours that even Harry or Chelsy were there. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom