The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Drudge Report is America and an Australian magazine released it before that. So the British press only talked about it after that.
Ah, but America and Australia are "overseas", Britain is home and the clamour from the British Press is what forced the issue and made them pull him out, so I think he had every right to be Brassed Off with England!

Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Britain's Prince Harry: I don't like England much | Reuters
In the article it's clear he's referring to the British press. (The video cuts out that part of it.) And let's face it, the British press is probably the nastiest in the world.
I re-read the article and he refers to the press separately to saying he didn't like England.

"But I generally don't like England that much and, you know, it's nice to be away from all the press and the papers and all the general ****e that they write."

He doesn't just say he doesn't like the press but specifically says 'I don't like England that much' and then adds the notes about the press. To me he is saying quite clearly that he doesn't like England and that one of the things he doesn't like is the press.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Ah, but America and Australia are "overseas", Britain is home and the clamour from the British Press is what forced the issue and made them pull him out, so I think he had every right to be Brassed Off with England!
Ahh but it was the Drudge report that told us that Harry was in a war zone, so it wasn't the British press' initial fault (but bet they were upset as they didn't get the exclusive). They only talked about it, after the MOD had decided to pull him out.
Also between the Australian magazine publishing the news and the Drudge report, there was something like 2 months.

As I luvBertie has said, i think he doesn't like England, and the press is one of the reasons why. Not that he just doesn't like the press.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think we have to take into consideration Harry's frame of mind when he did this interview. Looking at the video he's clearly still in Afghanistan and hasn't gone home yet. So he probably didn't know the details yet of how things were leaked/reported and was therefore angry with the British press. He even swore in it which he would never normally do in an interview so he was obviously really angry. He probably didn't word it the best way but I doubt he would diss the country that he just fought in a war for.
In my opinion he shouldn't have done the interview right away and should have waited until he cooled down about the whole thing.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's certainly putting it into perspective.

I'm willing to give Harry the benefit of the doubt.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:20 PM

Harry made this comment many years ago at a time when he and his brother were seen coming out of nightclubs. He has since calmed down and is keeping a lower profile. Plus he appears to spend more weekends away from London. I don't for one second think that he has stopped enjoying himself, but hopefully he is learning to be more discreet and not be such a target for the paps.

I agree that he should not have done that interview as soon as he stepped off the plane from Afghanistan. It was an Australian site that first revealed he was serving in Afghanistan, then the Drudge report picked up on it, but I wonder how many people follow those sites. If it wasn't for Jon Snow on Channel 4 news using these sites as an excuse to reveal the story to the British public then I don't think any of us would have been any the wiser.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Of course we would have found out, the news would have got out somehow, whether by Jon Snow reporting it, or some other news channel whether British or Foreign.

But anyway, relationship musings.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Of course we would have found out, the news would have got out somehow, whether by Jon Snow reporting it, or some other news channel whether British or Foreign.

But anyway, relationship musings.
Quite right. I remember Saturday Night Life having somebody like Sec. of State Colin Powell or General Schwartzkopf on as a guest host and a parody of a press conference where they kept asking questions such as "Tell us exactly where our troops are." or the other question "Now exactly where are they going and who are they going to kill?" Things that the press certainly doesn't need to know. The term "Loose lips sink ships" doesn't apply to the current press--in ANY country.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Gentry

Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy split | Prince Harry and his long-term girlfriend Chelsy Davy have broken up. | News Of The World

Looks like they have split !!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness

^the mail is claiming otherwise (scroll past the Middleton non-story):

Where did you get that hat, Mrs Middleton? ...well, that¿s just what elegant, well-connected daughters like Kate are for | Mail Online

Although in this article they claim they spilt after being 'loved-up and happier than ever' only one week ago (yeah, I'm rolling my eyes right now):

Prince Harry: There isn't a day goes by in Africa when I don't think about my mother..I can be myself here | Mail Online

Let's wait and see.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:10 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Here we go again.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:39 AM
Majesty

If I'm counting correctly, this is three break-up reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
Here we go again.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well she was supposed to be in Africa with him, or that is what all the reports said.
The press are bored, the couples are doing nothing interesting so they have to make up the news stories.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Well she was supposed to be in Africa with him, or that is what all the reports said.
The press are bored, the couples are doing nothing interesting so they have to make up the news stories.
Quite right. If they had split up, why is Chelsy seen wearing the blue topaz ring that Harry gave her whilst she was at Ascot yesterday.

Also, the DM has contradicted itself brilliantly here, saying she had to return to Britain to take an exam so therefore wouldnt have been hosting World Cup parties and inviting Kate Middleton out to Africa, as they had previously reported.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Courtier

well kate didnt go either did she? just wondering if i missed some pictures...
Old 06-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

We don't know if she went, but it seems pretty silly to go to SA, not be allowed to spend time with your boyfriend, and not have any friends to spend time with.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Commoner

Clarence House and St James' Palace have not confirmed or denied the reports that the split is true. I am therefore hedging my bets that the whole thing is not true.

Says to me slow news day and the papers needed something to help sell them.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarroll-royal View Post
Clarence House and St James' Palace have not confirmed or denied the reports that the split is true. I am therefore hedging my bets that the whole thing is not true.

Says to me slow news day and the papers needed something to help sell them.
You won't get any official announcement to say anything about either of the boys relationships.
Clarence House does not get involved with the boys personal lives.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Commoner

The last two times that Harry and Chelsy have split up there has been an announcement/statement from Clarence House, hence why I said what I said.

Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe