The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #741  
Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 AM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
The only problem I would have with Chelsy is if she caused Harry to move away from Britain. He is a British Prince and should live in the realm that he is the prince of!
He "moved away from Britain?" It's news to me.
__________________

  #742  
Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
He "moved away from Britain?" It's news to me.
Know he hasn't.
I believe this was a discussion about what porblems we had with Chelsy. And Cd255 said that the problem would be if Chelsy caused Harry to move away, and that he is a British Prince and should live in the realm of which he is prince.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #743  
Old 06-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Sereta's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The, United States
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
No matter what sort of academic qualifications a shiny new lawyer has, they are fairly useless in a legal office until they have practical experience. Chelsy's short law course would have only covered the academic stuff. . . . . . . .
Thank you Roslyn for the explanation. I think I understand now.
It sounds like Chelsy will have work her way up and prove herself.
  #744  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:29 AM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,555
I don't think Chelsy could "make" a grown man leave his country, but Harry may leave himself. He did say he hates England.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #745  
Old 06-02-2010, 05:58 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 629
how could he say he hates England? Where did he say that?
  #746  
Old 06-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 10,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
how could he say he hates England? Where did he say that?

He said it in the interview/s given after he served in Afghanistan.

Britain's Prince Harry: I don't like England much | Reuters

This was reported in many papers at the time besides this report.

His actual words were 'I don't like England much' rather than 'I hate England'.

You can even hear him say it here

It would seen fairly obvious that he isn't all that enamoured of England as he takes every opportunity to leave the place to spend time in other places such as Africa but his future is in England/Britain and he either needs to embrace that future or give up his titles, position and the perks that go along with it. In time I am sure that he will settle into the role of the second child in the same way that Margaret and Andrew have done so (I know Anne is the second born but Andrew is the second in line of the Queen's children - and yes I know he is now 4th but he was born 2nd and then moved down to 3rd and now 4th).
  #747  
Old 06-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
^I think he likes England enough to be willing to fight for his country.

What I think he doesn't like is the appalling way he has been treated by some section of the British media and how they have engaged in ritual character assassination and invasion of the privacy of not only him but many people he cares about.
__________________

  #748  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Thembi's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Malvern, United Kingdom
Posts: 1
Can I tell you something interesting? Do you remember when Prince Harry was in Lesotho and at that orphanage! Well, I was there aswell before he went there. I went with my church group at that time. I also played with the children a bit then and one thing the children liked about me was my hair. I wish I had a picture to show you what I looked like when they had finished.
  #749  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Opal's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Coastal, Ireland
Posts: 2,520
Britain's Prince Harry: I don't like England much | Reuters
In the article it's clear he's referring to the British press. (The video cuts out that part of it.) And let's face it, the British press is probably the nastiest in the world.
  #750  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
I can understand why he doesn't like England, he possible finds Africa more suited to him.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #751  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Opal's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Coastal, Ireland
Posts: 2,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
It would seen fairly obvious that he isn't all that enamoured of England as he takes every opportunity to leave the place to spend time in other places such as Africa but his future is in England/Britain and he either needs to embrace that future or give up his titles, position and the perks that go along with it. In time I am sure that he will settle into the role of the second child in the same way that Margaret and Andrew have done so (I know Anne is the second born but Andrew is the second in line of the Queen's children - and yes I know he is now 4th but he was born 2nd and then moved down to 3rd and now 4th).
He more likely visits Africa because that's where his girlfriend lives. It doesn't mean he doesn't like England. I think Harry also likes to take a winter holiday in warm climates to get away from the cold, as many Britons do, and who can blame them? I would do it too if I could afford to.
  #752  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
He more likely visits Africa because that's where his girlfriend lives. It doesn't mean he doesn't like England. I think Harry alos likes to take a winter holiday in warm climates to get away from the cold, as many Britons do, and who can blame them? I would do it too if I could afford to.
He visited Africa before meeting Chelsy. And the places he visits aren't where Chelsy lives. Places like Botswana. Okovango Delta etc.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #753  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,071
He'll change his tune. Both my boys were not enamoured of Oregon until they left and discovered how crappy Iraq and Afghanistan was and how beaufitul it is here. Russo would wager a good bottle of Merlot he'll fall in love with "This England" again. (The lovely quote escapes Russo, Bertie you know it, don't you??)
__________________
"Not MGM, not the press, not anyone can tell me what to do."--Ava Gardner
  #754  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,555
I know exactly why he doesn't like England. He can't find peace there and the press bombards his life. He probably has more tranquility in Africa. I would dislike it to if I were him.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #755  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
He'll change his tune. Both my boys were not enamoured of Oregon until they left and discovered how crappy Iraq and Afghanistan was and how beaufitul it is here. Russo would wager a good bottle of Merlot he'll fall in love with "This England" again. (The lovely quote escapes Russo, Bertie you know it, don't you??)
Well he's back, and no one has asked him whether he likes England or not anymore. Maybe you should drop him a call Russo.
I still think he has the same feeling that England is not his true home.


The press will follow in whereever he goes, However if he goes to Zimbabwe the BBC or any other news channel are allowed there.
I haven't seen recently, any real stories about him except when he recieved his wings.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #756  
Old 06-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Well he's back, and no one has asked him whether he likes England or not anymore. Maybe you should drop him a call Russo.
I haven't got his number, do you? I know it's not 867-5309, that's Jenny's.






__________________
"Not MGM, not the press, not anyone can tell me what to do."--Ava Gardner
  #757  
Old 06-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Opal's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Coastal, Ireland
Posts: 2,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
He visited Africa before meeting Chelsy. And the places he visits aren't where Chelsy lives. Places like Botswana. Okovango Delta etc.
He visited once before meeting Chelsy. Now he visits regulary because his girlfriend lives there. Botswana and Okovango Delta are near South Africa where Chelsy lives. I'm sure they don't just stay in her hometown when he's there, of course they're going to travel to different parts of Africa. Africa is a beautiful place to see.
I'm just saying I don't think it's fair to assume that because he travels that it means he hates his country.
I think it's the press he doesn't like, not England itself.
  #758  
Old 06-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
He visited once before meeting Chelsy. Now he visits regulary because his girlfriend lives there. Botswana and Okovango Delta are near South Africa where Chelsy lives. I'm sure they don't just stay in her hometown when he's there, of course they're going to travel to different parts of Africa. Africa is a beautiful place to see.
I'm just saying I don't think it's fair to assume that because he travels that it means he hates his country.
I think it's the press he doesn't like, not England itself.
I know they don't. But i don't asume that every single time he goes to Africa it is because of his girlfriend.
I don't assume that because he travels he hates his country, I think he travels because he isn't suited to England. He is more suited to being "normal" I suppose and living in the Jungle.
I think the press has a part to play, i don't think it's the main reason.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #759  
Old 06-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Sereta's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The, United States
Posts: 2,012
Keep in mind this interview was done right after he was pulled out of Afghanistan. So he was obviously angry at the British press about it which is understandable.
  #760  
Old 06-03-2010, 05:25 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
Keep in mind this interview was done right after he was pulled out of Afghanistan. So he was obviously angry at the British press about it which is understandable.
The Drudge Report is America and an Australian magazine released it before that. So the British press only talked about it after that.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
#jewels ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail elia zaharia fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction mette-marit monarchy nepal new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde hats queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania religion royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:42 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises