The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

An excerpt from the Daily Mail:

Quote:
Prince Harry has just finished his helicopter pilot course but don’t expect to see Chelsy Davy partying too hard in the foreseeable future.
Chelsy, 24, is busy completing her legal practice course at BPP Law School in London and starts as a trainee solicitor at City law firm Allen & Overy in September.

‘Chelsy’s working hard practising realistic scenarios and transactions so she knows what to do when she starts working with real clients,’ said a source.

‘She’s had to knuckle down to get all the work done. However, she is still planning to be in South Africa with Harry for the World Cup.’

Read more scroll down): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1275365/KATIE-NICHOLL-Jack-Callie-new-Kidd-block.html#ixzz0nmzNlZNF

Old 05-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Royal Highness

If Prince William and Ms. Middleton marry now, and move to a base not in England, I don't expect them to be full-time working royals. But unlike Prince Andrew, he won't be away from his wife for long periods of time. That help end that royal marry of the Yorks' in my opinion They will be together discovering what all r married couples do in a base far from royal duty. I truly believe Prince William might do a second duty to because of this cosey arrangement and his waiting to become heir to the throne.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Of course he would. If he answered to any of these conditions.

1. If he wasn´t a Prince.
2. If he wasn´t 3rd line for the throne.
3. If his grandmother was nowhere to be seen.
4. If Chelsy´s parents were both willing for the scandal
5. If he didn´t want to live in England ever again
and perhaps the most important of all
6. If he were American.

Otherwise my answer has to be no, never.
Wisteria, who are you responding to??
Old 05-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Wisteria, who are you responding to??

Sorry, to the question asked by someone if anyone believed Harry would run off to foreign parts (for him) with Chelsy and get married, but the post seems to have disappeared and so has my memory as to who wrote it.
But seriously I think those two boys are real royals, they might play at being normal people (meaning non-royal) as some people like to play at being Princesses etc but they know the meaning of duty, even if it seems rather onerous, I don´t believe that either of the princes is anything like their Uncle who never really understood the meaning of being King and who married a woman who never understood either.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
to the question asked by someone if anyone believed Harry would run off to foreign parts (for him) with Chelsy and get married, but the post seems to have disappeared...
The post is still there, many pages back at #585 on 30 April.
The relevant part read "maybe even an elopement in Africa or something like that."
Old 05-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Courtier

Thanks Warren, what disappeared was my memory....
Old 05-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Courtier

I can see Harry & Chelsey being engagement before big brother.
Afterall Anne married years before Charles married Diana
Harry has his military career and Chelsey has a law career, plus both are interested in Harry's charity.
William just does "not" seem ready or willing to marry at this time -- so I hope his minders and "friends" don't push him into something he is not ready for
Old 05-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Sorry, to the question asked by someone if anyone believed Harry would run off to foreign parts (for him) with Chelsy and get married ...
Okay, now it makes sense. BTW I agree with your assessment.
Quote:
Of course he would. If he answered to any of these conditions...
5. If he didn´t want to live in England ever again
Otherwise my answer has to be no, never.
I'm curious about #5. If Harry and Chelsy did elope and Harry lived in S.A. but then got divorced and he wanted to move back to England, would the British public not accept him back?
Old 05-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thanks Warren, what disappeared was my memory....
Psst! Geritol! Works wonders! I swear by it!

Well Harry is still only 26 and just now deciding what he really wants to do. I don't think, imo, that he will settle down for another couple years.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post

I'm curious about #5. If Harry and Chelsy did elope and Harry lived in S.A. but then got divorced and he wanted to move back to England, would the British public not accept him back?
Well he'd of presumably renounced his title so he would just be another citizen whose father happens to be presumably at the time the King of England. They couldn't really complain.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why would he have to renoucne his title if he eloped and then gained a divorce (considering the marriage probably wouldn't be legal under British law anyway)? There is no bar on divorced people, or those married to divorced people inheriting the throne.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
Chelsy is so pretty. She doesn't take a bad picture. This one is nice - I especially like her hair in it http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...QMxMCMuQMl.jpg
Her hair is one of her best assets imo. She keeps it looking nice and healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Mystery solved! He must be a very close friend as he's the only one other than Chelsy attending. Perhaps Harry wanted him to keep Chelsy company during the (probably boring) ceremony.
In that pic of Jake with Eugenie they like they're a couple. Did they used to date?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

What if they didn't divorce would Harry still have to renounce his title just because he moved to another country? If he didn't use his title what would his name be?
Old 05-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't see any reason for Harry to renounce his rights just to live in another country - of course if he eloped to live there the marriage wouldn't be legal in the UK and thus no divorce would be necessary anyway but..
Many people in line to the British throne already live overseas. Harry, in this unlikely scenario (although he has said that he dislikes the UK) he would be the highest placed but there is no reason for him to do so just because he prefers to live somewhere warm and sunny with the woman he loves.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
In that pic of Jake with Eugenie they like they're a couple. Did they used to date?
No, I don't think so. But they do seem to talk to each other a lot.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Do any people directly involved with the BRF, say the top ten, live outside the UK?
If Harry lived in another country for the rest of his life, yet still held the title of Prince, yet did nothing for his country, the British people would feel pretty cheated by this.
If he goes to live in Africa and does nothing for the royal family elsewhere, he shouldn't be allowed to keep his title.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think we're going off course again. Harry will not move to Africa and he probably will not leave England just like that. First of all, he has too many ties here. He's a royal for goodness sake. He'd have to really almost not care to want to do something that could cause him his title. Another thing, I do not like ungrateful people. To me, if Harry does that to the British people then he is a spoiled brat that does not deserve the benefits that come with being royal. Yes Harry doesn't like England, but I'm sure He's realized that being a prince really does give him a "voice". Harry is so into helping others that it's really hard for me to picture him in South Africa, married to an heiress and wasting his life away while his brother does the hard work. I think we should give Harry the credit he deserves.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Yeah, lets get back to the tried and trusted "relationship musings" rather than convoluted and fanciful diversions such as "what would Harry's title be if he walked out on his father and brother and country and then got divorced?" Let's try and keep things close to realistic.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 05-16-2010, 04:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
They have not always been the best of friends – but Chelsy Davy and Kate Middleton could be teaming up for the World Cup in South Africa this summer.

Chelsy, 24, has invited her to Cape Town for the football festival that starts next month.

Chelsy is planning to stay at the beachside apartment she shares with her brother Shaun – and believes Kate, 28, would have a great time if she could make it too.
Finally, are Chelsy Davy and Kate Middleton ready to team up? | Mail Online
Old 05-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Royal Highness

Slow news day I see. I never thought Ms. Davy and Ms. Middleton weren't friends.

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe