The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani90 View Post
^^ Yes it's Harry's aunt Sarah Spencer
Thx Dani90, I thought it looked like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Possible Chelsy is sat next to her brother Shaun, who i believe knows Harry quite well.
I presume you mean why his aunties didn't go to his graduation?
They may have gone, but not been photographed.
That's Chelsy's brother? If it is he doesn't look anything like her. I was thinking perhaps it was a Spencer cousin of Harry's.

Yeah, I was referring to his aunts (and Tiggy) not going to Wm's graduation. I don't think they were there as it would've at least been mentioned even if not photographed.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

That can't be Chelsy's brother. He looks very much like the Spencer family. But I would like to know for sure who he is too.
I'm wondering why Will and Kate didn't attend Harry's ceremony?!

Old 05-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Courtier

maybe it sounds weird, but Chelsy looks "expensive" to me. Kate, not so much.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
Yeah, I was referring to his aunts (and Tiggy) not going to Wm's graduation. I don't think they were there as it would've at least been mentioned even if not photographed.
Sandhurst Passing Out parades are a big deal and are VIP heavy. The number of guests each graduate was allowed was very small. No exceptions were made for royalty. William was just lucky that his grandmother got a free pass!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

I was under the impression that the conversation was about Harry getting his wings last week not his graduation from Sandhurst a couple of years ago.
The Queen attended both graduations from Sandhurst but Charles awarded both Princes their wings. On both occasions their respective girlfriends were present.
I don't know if the Spencer sisters were at William's wing ceremonies (he has had two - fixed wing and helicopter) but I do think that Tiggy was at at least one of them.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Courtier

This is a bit ambiguous, someone who didn´t know would think that you are saying that Tiggy Legge-Bourke is his aunt. She is someone very dear to him and at one time the press called her his substitute mother after Diana died, and if she missed the ceremony it would be because she had a good reason not to.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Courtier

Lady Sarah attended both of William's wings presentations, with at least one of her daughters. (Lady Jane didn't attend either) Tiggy didn't attend William's presentations but she was present at Harry's graduation from Sandhurst. Harry is closer to Tiggy than William, one of Tiggy's sons is Harry's godson.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
But to me, she almost always laughing when Harry's around. When she's not around Harry she doesn't laugh so much.
Oh I don't know about that, she's laughing in these photos and she's not around Harry:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/989...F230F7DD7E32A4
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/989...D712E4D8D48A15
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/989...539CAA63253A8C
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/989...2A19022AF18133

btw I think the reason people are unsure whether or not the guy she sat next to is her brother Shaun is because her family pretty much stays out of the press.... which is good thing imo.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
Everyone looks so happy at this occasion.
I wonder why they didn't go to William's graduation ceremony a couple months ago?
After reading the end part of shanaz's message I'm assuming she's referring to William's wing ceremony that was in Wales recently.
It could be that not as many family went to that ceremony because it was much farther away and in a remote area, unlike Harry's ceremony which was in Middle Wallop. Or people may have just not been available to go to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I'm wondering why Will and Kate didn't attend Harry's ceremony?!
CrownPrincess William couldn't attend it because it was on a day that he had to be in training in Wales. Harry didn't attend William's recent ceremony either.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Opal, I didn't mean she "never" laughs when not around him. Of course she's bound to laugh eventually. But when she's with Harry she laughs more. Which is understandable. Especially if he's a great guy.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^
Oh, okay I see your point. Harry does seem to make people laugh alot.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah he seems like a fun person to be around.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Commoner

The male guy people are reffering to is Jake Warren. He is a close friend of Harry.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Looks like your right. He is Jake Warren, a friend of Harry's.
Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Express Yourself :: Proud Chelsy sees Prince Harry win his wings from dad

Jake Warren at the Royal Ascot 2009 with Eugenie.
Jake Warren Pictures - Royal Ascot 2009 - Day 4 - Zimbio
Old 05-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Looking at Harry's graduation pictures, Chelsy and Harry look so in love and happy. They seem to genuinely enjoy each other's company. http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...G9A5nJRbGl.jpg

Chelsy is so pretty. She doesn't take a bad picture. This one is nice - I especially like her hair in it http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...QMxMCMuQMl.jpg

It's nice seeing all the pictures of Chelsy with his family especially this one with Charles http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...LbV5q9Xn6l.jpg
Old 05-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianadebraga View Post
I do not think getting married in late 30's is so late in life. Nowadays people get married later, especially men. I think William and Harry are not getting married soon, not only because they not feel ready, but also because they no want. They seem to want to dedicated to their careers.
Whilst I agree late 30's isn't too late for a man to marry I wouldn't be surprised if Harry married before then. He seems like the type that prefers to be in a committed relationship and I believe he even made a comment to that effect before. Whether it's Chelsy or not we will see. It if is to be Chelsy then she will have to be willing to live in England. If not then he'll have to find someone else who understands his royal role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianadebraga View Post
And especially if William married now/soon he would have to dedicated FULL TIME to his ROYAL role.
I don't agree that William would have to become a full time royal just because he married. He is not the heir yet.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think he will have to become a full time royal, or at least part time. But still, once he gets married the duties will change. A lot will be expected of him and his wife.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I suppose the expectations will change. Even for Harry they will change somewhat. I think they could get away with increasing their engagements (as you said part time) once they are married. I'm just not sure they would have to do royal duties full time.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think William would have to be a full-time working royal once married if still in the service but his wife would be expected to be one and that is a sticking point to me - she would be on her own, building up a profile as a worker while he is only doing things part-time.

That is why I really don't see him marrying until leaving the service.

Remember that when he made that comment about 28 and marrying the intention really was that he would be leaving full-time military in 2008 but then he changed his mind to stay in and do SAR training. He has about 30 - 36 months of duty there and I am sure that I read somewhere that he has suggested that he might do a second tour taking him to 2017 in the forces.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:31 AM
Courtier

Of course he would. If he answered to any of these conditions.

1. If he wasn´t a Prince.
2. If he wasn´t 3rd line for the throne.
3. If his grandmother was nowhere to be seen.
4. If Chelsy´s parents were both willing for the scandal
5. If he didn´t want to live in England ever again
and perhaps the most important of all
6. If he were American.

Otherwise my answer has to be no, never.

Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe