The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Heir Apparent

He would have to ask HM permission to marry, with all that's going on with Parliment, the war, upcoming Olympics, could a marriage be squeezed in there?

Old 05-10-2010, 05:19 AM
Courtier

I would like to see Chelsy and Harry a married couple but it doesnt have to be right now.
(Are you reading this Harry?)
Chelsy seems a lovely independent young lady. She read law and is now learning her profession with a law firm. There is no sitting down building castles in the air, waiting for her fairy prince to give her a life of luxury and privilege, for this young lady.
I believe that I read once that the Queen was thinking of paring down the actual royal family, that is as far as HRHs. This may be true.
As to the goodwill Russo remarked on, the ash cloud seems to have lifted and people who have to travel frequently for their work are feeling very benevolent towards all, well perhaps not all, but near enough.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Both Harry and Chelsey seem to sparkle when they are together. The photos from Harry's Wings Parade and after are full of two people smiling, laughing, joking and just plain having a ball and not a champagne cocktail it sight.

As to the notion of the Olympics, the political situation and various theatres of war, if they were the considedrations no one would get married because . . . . . . . whatever.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why do people think that Harry will not marry within the next ten years?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Why do people think that Harry will not marry within the next ten years?
To me he doesn't seem ready yet. Not in the next ten years.
I don't think his brother will marry until his father is King.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Even if he's not ready right now (which I do agree with) it doesn't necessarily mean he won't be ready for another ten years or so. A part of me hopes Harry doesn't wait that long. I'd hate to see him starting a family so late in life. Same with William.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry's only 25. If he gets married in 10 years, he'll be 35. Since when is that "late in life"? People are getting married and having children later than maybe a generation or two ago. Crown Princess Victoria will be 33 this July and is getting married in June.

I don't think William will wait 10 years to get married, but I can see him getting married in his early 30s.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Gentry

I do not think getting married in late 30's is so late in life. Nowadays people get married later, especially men. I think William and Harry are not getting married soon, not only because they not feel ready, but also because they no want. They seem to want to dedicated to their careers. And especially if William married now/soon he would have to dedicated FULL TIME to his ROYAL role.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

He's only 25. I don't see a problem with waiting 10-15 years before getting married. I read a study that said men over the age of 35 are more mature and better spouses. So waiting won't hurt him. Look at most of the princes: Frederik, Haakon, Felipe, Prince of Orange, Prince Charles (even King Carl Gutaf), all married after the age of 30. Carl Philip also, because he's already 31 and not married.

I think it'll do Harry and William good to wait. Nowadays people are getting married much later. If he's ready then he should go ahead with it. But chances are he's probably gonna follow after most of the princes I listed above.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I don't think that Harry would be considered as "old" if he marries in his late 30ies either. I rather think settling down with 30+ is a trend nowadays and that's perfectly okay. But something says me that it won't take ten or more years until Harry marries. Not if he stays with Chelsy, but that's just me.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
He's only 25. I don't see a problem with waiting 10-15 years before getting married. I read a study that said men over the age of 35 are more mature and better spouses. So waiting won't hurt him. Look at most of the princes: Frederik, Haakon, Felipe, Prince of Orange, Prince Charles (even King Carl Gutaf), all married after the age of 30. Carl Philip also, because he's already 31 and not married.
Yes but all of those princes were in their early 30's, not late 30's. If Harry didn't marry until late 30's he wouldn't start his family until about 40. Whilst men can biologically have children later, it still takes a lot of energy to raise a family and it's more difficult after 40. It can be done but it's not ideal imo. I think around early 30's is better
Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Both Harry and Chelsey seem to sparkle when they are together. The photos from Harry's Wings Parade and after are full of two people smiling, laughing, joking and just plain having a ball and not a champagne cocktail it sight.
They do look so happy together. You can just sense the chemistry between them. So much for the naysayers saying Chelsy wasn't accepted by Harry's family. All you have to do is look at the photos of them all together, esp. the one of Charles, Harry and Chelsy walking together. It's good his aunts were there too, although I didn't see a photo of them.

Regarding what age Harry will be when he marries, how can anyone know? Harry probably doesn't even know himself.
I think they should marry when they are ready to, whatever age it is.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:30 AM
Aristocracy

Chelsey has a legal degree- can anyone tell me where she went to school for sure-I heard different accounts.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Mia View Post
Chelsey has a legal degree- can anyone tell me where she went to school for sure-I heard different accounts.
She graduated from the University of Cape Town in November 2006 with a degree in Economics. September 2007, Davy had moved to England to take up an accelerated LLB law course at the University of Leeds, which was completed in July 2009.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
They do look so happy together. You can just sense the chemistry between them.
I agree. Chelsy is such a pretty girl and seems to have an exuberant personality. She's laughing in many of the pictures posted.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
She's laughing in many of the pictures posted.
But to me, she almost always laughing when Harry's around. When she's not around Harry she doesn't laugh so much.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
shanaz, they own a hunting business (am I correct?). they arrange safari tours. i heard her family wealth is 20 million pounds. As far as I have read, that far exceeds Kate's family's wealth.
Thx for answering my question. It sounds like a lucrative business.

Does anyone know if Chelsy has any family that lives in England seeing that she went to school there for a bit. I know her parents live in SA, but I wonder if she has some relatives that live in Britain.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
They do look so happy together. You can just sense the chemistry between them. So much for the naysayers saying Chelsy wasn't accepted by Harry's family. All you have to do is look at the photos of them all together, esp. the one of Charles, Harry and Chelsy walking together. It's good his aunts were there too, although I didn't see a photo of them.
Isn't this his aunt Sarah in these photos in the dark suit?
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...h-_PJ5Cknl.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...Vg8X9w7Bpl.jpg
I think that's his former nanny Tiggy in the white suit.

Can someone tell me who this guy is that Chelsy is sitting next to? And I think that's Sarah sitting on the other side of Chelsy.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...SpEKHHrYDl.jpg

Everyone looks so happy at this occasion.
I wonder why they didn't go to William's graduation ceremony a couple months ago?
Old 05-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Aristocracy

^^ Yes it's Harry's aunt Sarah Spencer
Old 05-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
Can someone tell me who this guy is that Chelsy is sitting next to? And I think that's Sarah sitting on the other side of Chelsy.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...SpEKHHrYDl.jpg

Everyone looks so happy at this occasion.
I wonder why they didn't go to William's graduation ceremony a couple months ago?
Possible Chelsy is sat next to her brother Shaun, who i believe knows Harry quite well.
I presume you mean why his aunties didn't go to his graduation?
They may have gone, but not been photographed. They may have concentrated there cameras on Kate.

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe