Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe any of the news items. Harry would be crazy to put off his Apache training plus it wouldn't look good in his military service career, he puts off exclusive training to patch up with his girlfriend? Harry was on the evening news tonight showing his activities in New York and he certainly doesn't look like a guy with girlfriend troubles.
This relationship has had more ups and downs than a seesaw. I realize we don't know the real story, only Chelsy and Harry know, but I do wonder how long Harry will put up with Chelsy's wanting to have more freedom and not be a Royal and then wanting to have a relationship with Harry. It seems as if the couple still don't know what it is that they want and they need to sit down privately and have a serious talk.
Today I read on other royal sites that Chelsy will resume her law career in South Africa and another site stated she was quitting her law studies in England and would not be continuing them in S.A. :ermm:

^ I thought Chelsy was officially done with her law degree? Isn't she prepping for exams to be a licensed/practicing lawyer with Allen and Overy?

She has finished her LLB Course at Leeds Uni.
She is supposed to be taking an internship at Allen and Overy, but lots of stories say she is going back to SA to start a law degree.

Why would she need to 'start' a law degree in SA when she has already completed one at Leeds?

I know that she would have to do a shortish conversion course to be able to practice in Australia but she wouldn't have to do a full new degree and the same if an Australian trained lawyer went to work in either the USA, Britain or even SA (one of my friends brother-in-law qualified here but decided to get registered in SA as well 'in case' it was ever safe to return and it took him about 3 months to do the extra work and he could do it by correspondence from here - he now has a practising certificate for the UK, SA and NSW).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea why she would want to do that?
I'm just answering the question that was asked. The articles are saying that she wants to return home to continue her career.

Chelsy is done with the academic side of her studies, and I doubt she's retaking modules because she passed all her exams. Maybe she will need to take some classes to level-up her theoretical knowledge as I assume S-A law differ from English law but a whole new degree? Not likely.
She needs to work for two years now to advance her qualifications, so in all likelihood, she is coming back to S-A to take a position in a law firm.

^yep.
Usually these degrees have an international slant, but she might still need to catch up to the particularities of the S-A legal system.

Prince Harry has made a 7,500 mile dash - to spend just 48 hours with on-off girlfriend Chelsy Davy.
The 25-year-old royal jumped on a plane after his weekend charity trip to New York and flew more than 18 hours to spend just two days with Chelsy and her family at their new home in Zambia.
Harry has been left reeling after his girlfriend of six years revealed that she was going to quit London to move back to Africa to be with her family.
Chelsy, 24, moved to England three years ago to be closer to the third in line to the throne and was studying to become a trainee solicitor.

Prince Harry's 7,500-mile dash from U.S. back to Africa to be with Chelsy | Mail Online

I've always believed that if marrying her ultimatley means him having to move to Africa then he'll do it. He's never going to let this girl go.

If they're really meant to be, they will always find a way back to each other's arms. :heart:

I wonder why the press assumed they were broken up?

They didn't assume, they made it up.
They took information from "sources".

I doubt he'll make SA his permanent residence.
I seriously dislike the way people assume something about someone they've never met. One never knows what the future holds. Not even Chelsy and Harry. I've read posts about him marrying her and moving to SA....ummm we don't know that yet. Didn't Harry say he knows his job is to support his brother when he's king? I don't think he can support Will and be in Africa at the same time. In the meantime, I do believe he will be spending lots of time in SA, but spending a lot of time somewhere and relocating somewhere are two very different things. A lot of women relocate for their husbands or boyfriends. They uproot their entire lives...so my question is "Why can't Chelsy do the same". If she really loves Harry she could relocate and work it out.

When it comes to Harry I think we're all in for the shock of our lives.

ah, well said crown princess 5. Mary of Denmark did it, didn't she? Grace Kelly did it! And thousands of normal women do it all the time! why cant she? all these claims of she loves him...well then do it for him, if you love him!Whats the big deal??

^ Well Grace Kelly and Mary married the heirs to the thrown and each woman is different. Chelsy may want something different for herself and her future children. She may not want to subject herself to constant public intrusion for the rest of her life. She seems to be someone who takes pride in education and independence. She may marry the spare and yes, she will have more freedom than William's wife but she's also a public figure whose life will be under constant speculation.

I'm all for Chelsy and Harry but if she doesn't want to be a part of the BRF I think it's time they move on from each other. They can't drag this out forever. It's emotionally draining.

That's pretty much where I am 4Pam.

I am all for love and if Harry and Chelsy love each other thats great and all but the realities of life are this 1) Harry is a member of the BRF 2) unless the monarchy is deposed of or Harry abdicates his position, it is what it is.

I don't imagine the monarchy disappearing any time soon nor can I imagine Harry abdicating his poition. He might hate the spotlight that goes with it but he is his father's son and he knows his responsiblities. He will never leave William by himself.

Furthermore, the British public certainly isn't going to support (via British tax dollars) a British Prince living in Africa. Now I can see him purchasing a vacation home (again with his personal money but then you would hear the usual uproar about the money from the catty crowd at the DM) in Africa (but again British tax dollars would have to pay for his security).

Hate to say it but in this instance, Chelsy is going to have to give up a lot if they are going to be together in the long run. Its not fair but it is what it is.

Oh, I agree. If Chelsy truly doesn't want to become a member of the British Royal Family and avoid press intrusion, then she needs to quit the cat and mouse game playing with Harry, and break the relationship off once and for all. Harry claims he wants to move to Africa, but it's only because Chelsy is there. He could very well marry Chelsy, but would he really give up his position as third in line to the Throne? Yes, he's a very wealthy young man thanks to his mother, but being Royal has a lot of perks also. What about all the British military training he's completed? I believe Harry loves his military life also and that would end.
So what would Harry do in Africa? Charity work and endless society parties plus the fact that the Royal Family especially the senior Royals possibly distancing themselves as this is a family that places importance on Royal Duty particularly the Queen.
I always remember an anecdote when William was very young and he stated that he didn't want to be King and Harry chimed in and said that he (Harry) would love to trade places with William, so I still can't see Harry giving up his Royal life. To me, it seems as if Harry and Chelsy are just going on "love" and have avoided the realities that face them.

:previous: And that example shows that Harry has had a sense of duty from a young age. He showed it again in those interviews where he said he will support his brother when William is king.

History also shows us that many times, the succession to the throne has fallen to the "spare." So I think Harry understands that his place is in the UK. He can visit Africa, but he won't live there.

Of course, Princess Margaret had her vacation home in Mustique, and even Prince Charles has a vacation home in Romania, or so I've read. Harry could probably do the same with a vacation home in Zambia.

Exactly at some point when they are ready to settle down they (Harry and Chelsy) will either settle down or not.

I also think that besides being an English Prince, Harry is an English soldier. If he wasn't a royal that is what he would be 24/7. And English soldiers don't live in Africa as regular guys.

Exactly at some point when they are ready to settle down they (Harry and Chelsy) will either settle down or not.

Agreed Zonk.

I wonder if Ms Davies would turned Prince Henry down if he asked her to marry him when he is ready to give up the military life? This of course has to correspond to Chelsy being ready to settle down to royal life. I think the timing is the important factor for this relationship to survive.:flowers:

If Chelsy and Prince Harry got married, would she still be able to pursue her career in law? If she wasn't, then she would have to make a choice between the two, a law career or Prince Harry.

Why would Prince Harry have to give up being in the military if he married Chelsy? Prince Andrew didn't when he married Sarah Ferguson. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that he was in the Navy for over 10 years before retiring. Perhaps I'm missing something here.

Well she can keep her law career but she would also be a full time royal. And if she and Harry were to have children holding down 2 full time jobs will be difficult. She would be expected to do royal duties since she would be receiving tax payers money as a salary/allowance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom