The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 02:08 AM
Commoner

Are Chelsy's family safe?

Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsey family safe. They from Zimbabwe and everyone knows what is going on there. Mugabe's war veterans are now wanting to take over what is left of white farmers and they are one of the few white farmers left.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha3 View Post
Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsey family safe. They from Zimbabwe and everyone knows what is going on there. Mugabe's war veterans are now wanting to take over what is left of white farmers and they are one of the few white farmers left.
Chelsy's family don't live in Zimbabwe, they moved to South Africa when Chelsy was young. Her father did have a luxury safari business that he was in partnership with an associate of Robert Mugabe's ( which is why Chelsy's father is considered undesirable to be a future fatherinlaw of a prince) but 2 years ago that safari business was wound down. Charles Davy has also lost land to the Zimbabwe land grab of the past few years but he obviously has other business interests.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:08 AM
Commoner

Blonde bloody moments. Reading your comments I remembered reading about them living in South Africa and I must have got mixed up when I read about their farm and their association with ol' Bob. Chelsy's parents live in Cape Town. But one has to worry if they have other family memebers of theirs still staying up there.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha3 View Post
Blonde bloody moments. Reading your comments I remembered reading about them living in South Africa and I must have got mixed up when I read about their farm and their association with ol' Bob. Chelsy's parents live in Cape Town. But one has to worry if they have other family memebers of theirs still staying up there.
Chelsy's parents live in Durban, not Cape Town. There are still members of the family in Zimbabwe. Beverly's side of the family as far as I am aware still live in Zimbabwe and have been heavily hit by the Mugabe regime. However, I am not sure of Charles's side of the family.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Where is Chelsy's brother Sean now? Does he live in South Africa?Zimbabwe, or England???? I think they spent their gap year together traveling,
Old 04-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Where is Chelsy's brother Sean now? Does he live in South Africa?Zimbabwe, or England???? I think they spent their gap year together traveling,
Shaun is in CApe Town still, he keeps in contact with Chelsy on the mobile phone
Old 04-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Commoner

Do we believe the papers that there is a marriage proposal on the way following Harry's 'very serious conversation' with Chelsy's parents recently when he was still in Cape Town?

I hope so!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

When young women are on their way to becoming engaged to a prince, they seem to go through some sort of "grooming". I haven't seen that with Chelsy. To me, she still seems to resemble a girlfriend rather than a prospective bride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarroll-royal View Post
Do we believe the papers that there is a marriage proposal on the way following Harry's 'very serious conversation' with Chelsy's parents recently when he was still in Cape Town?

I hope so!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
When young women are on their way to becoming engaged to a prince, they seem to go through some sort of "grooming". I haven't seen that with Chelsy. To me, she still seems to resemble a girlfriend rather than a prospective bride.
I can understand what you are saying, however, we all saw what happened to kate when she had grooming. Kate became too groomed and maybe the palace officials are trying to steer Chelsy away from that.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I honestly can't see Chelsy becoming a princess. I could be wrong, of course.

Quote:
I can understand what you are saying, however, we all saw what happened to kate when she had grooming. Kate became too groomed and maybe the palace officials are trying to steer Chelsy away from that.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
I honestly can't see Chelsy becoming a princess. I could be wrong, of course.
We saw Camilla become Duchess
Old 04-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

That's true. Chelsy might end up as Princess Henry of Wales, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote:
We saw Camilla become Duchess
Old 04-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
That's true. Chelsy might end up as Princess Henry of Wales, but I'm not holding my breath.
Not going to happen anytime soon. William would have to marry first and produce an heir.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
Not going to happen anytime soon. William would have to marry first and produce an heir.
Why? The Duke of York (son of George V) married long before his elder brother showed any inclination to do so.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Why? The Duke of York (son of George V) married long before his elder brother showed any inclination to do so.
You mean George VI., father of the current queen and his brother Edward VIII. - later Duke of Windsor? I'm a bit confused...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
You mean George VI., father of the current queen and his brother Edward VIII. - later Duke of Windsor? I'm a bit confused...
Yes I do. I added "son of George V" to distinguish that Duke of York from the current Duke of York. I am, however, aware that what is crystal clear to me late at night and makes perfect sense at the time will not necessarily be as clear to anyone else who reads it! My point was that when Prince Albert (as the then was) married, his brother The Prince of Wales was unmarried.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I hope so!!!
Personally, I think that's the papers way of making an otherwise unexciting breakfast interesting. Just in terms of my own family, if we were visiting from another continent and didn't come to breakfast and say hello more than once, my mother would be very hurt.

I think it was just a visit, nothing more, and the papers are spinning it to make it look like more b/c it will sell more papers.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Aristocracy

I'm not getting why Chelsea is so unacceptable. Her father is not her, and I can't see the British Parliament or the Queen refusing permission based on Chelsea's Father. At the very least she is a good student and is discreet, why not accept the girl.. It would be a public relations disgrace, I think not to accept her. Honestly, if the Prince of Norway, can marry a single mother, I'm not sure why Harry can't marry Chelsea..
Old 05-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know why but I like her more than Kate. She looks more sensible and discreet than Kate.
If I would must choose a wife for my hypothetical son I think that I would choose Chelsy than Kate.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Royal Highness

I haven't read about either ladies having tipped off the press, so both seem just as discreet. Although there are plenty of photos of Chelsy having a drink and smoke in hand. Not exactly the most sensible thing either, IMO. My opinion on C&H is the same as W&K, to each his/her own. Harry seems quite committed to Chelsy at this point. As long as both are happy, good luck to them.

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe