The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, this is how girls end up with eating disorders. The press needs to stop talking about girls' weight. I've never seen a photo of Chelsy being even slightly overweight.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Personally I am sick of the press...they are never satisified.

Woman are either too fat and then the papers persecute them or too thin and the papers persecute them.

Chelsy doesn't appear fat to me but then it doesn't matter what I think. She needs to be happy with herself.

Its a shame that Harry and Chelsy didn't meet either later in life or as two regular people. She does appear to be a bright young lady with a great future. Despite her money (which could mean she could turn out be horrible i.e. Paris Hilton or the Geldoff girls) I am not sure if she wasn't dating Harry would she ever appear in the paper. Yes, she parties and drinks and things like that....but no more so than other girls her age in school. Its a shame that for her and Harry to be together she woudl have to change who she is. And again, I can't imagine Harry giving up his rank and title, and going against everything his father and grandparents stand for. He isn't moving to South Africa.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Chelsy has a strong character and wouldn't let it get to her.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree the press is so shallow and women take the brunt of it I'm afraid. Men don't seem to get nitpicked as much as women do. No wonder women have such low self esteem and body image issues. So sad!
Hopefully Chelsy has developed a thick skin since dating Harry to handle all the scrutiny.

BTW, I'm glad no one is hyping engagement speculations on this thread.
I can't believe people still fall for those stories.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:20 AM
Courtier

she has a fantastic figure, and i think its hard to maintain that figure by eating burgers, as the article states. I doubt she regularly ate those to begin with!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post

You mean they're not???

Uh, anybody want to buy 2 plane tickets to London for 2011???
Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
Harry and Chelsy seem to be more low key.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
she has a fantastic figure, and i think its hard to maintain that figure by eating burgers, as the article states. I doubt she regularly ate those to begin with!
Hey cd_1, I didn't realize there was another "cd" on the forum or I would've come up with a different name.
Welcome to the William and Harry board anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Harry and Chelsy seem to be more low key.
Not only that, Chelsy's family doesn't plant stories to keep their daughter in the press. That certainly helps I'm sure.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
Not only that, Chelsy's family doesn't plant stories to keep their daughter in the press. That certainly helps I'm sure.

You have evidence that the Middleton family 'plants' stories or is this just your belief?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
You have evidence that the Middleton family 'plants' stories or is this just your belief?
come on u guys maybe its just because kate dating the heir not the spare
Old 04-15-2010, 07:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsmartie View Post
come on u guys maybe its just because kate dating the heir not the spare
What's that got to do with planting stories?

Chelsy and her family are much more low key than the Middletons, I wouldn't put it past them to plant stories but it's unlikely.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Courtier

Maybe it seems they "plant stories" less than the Middletons simply because the Middletons seem to be in the news much more so than the Davys.
cd255, I didn't know there was another cd here either, but thank you for the welcome!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well you pretty much never hear about the Davy Family. They seem very quiet and low key. I couldn't even tell you what their names are or what they look like. I rather like that about them - and that they're not out hawking their business.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
I have followed both Kate and Chelsy since the news first broke that they were dating the princes and I have always liked Kate and Chelsy. However, I feel as though Chelsy has no rel intentions of marrying in the Royal Family because she is starting a career as a lawyer. I really find discussions about a possible marriage between the two to a be a bit worthless.
Furthermore I find the allegations that Kate plants stories in the media or that her family is full of social climbers nonsense and unfounded.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
What's that got to do with planting stories?

Chelsy and her family are much more low key than the Middletons, I wouldn't put it past them to plant stories but it's unlikely.
I am not sayin Harry isn't cool and all but most people going to pay more mind to kate then chelsey for like two reasons one:chelsy working or not just sitting waiting to marry and became princess Henry and 2.She hasn't been dating Hary long and they aren't that old so we don't expect not ring yet.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Aristocracy

btw way would kate's family post stories anyway it's not like it helping her get a ring
Old 04-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Nobility

Honestly, I would much rather see Chelsy become some big-time lawyer than to become a royal. She can really have a great life and I don't think she would enjoy the royal life, but then again who would.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They've been dating for 6 years that's a pretty long time.
Plus Middletons planting stories about Kate, might not get her a ring, but it might get her favour with the public, which is a very valuable thing.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:49 AM
Majesty

Do we have actual evidence that the Middleton's are planting evidence or is it just supposition by some people?

I know that is what some people here and elsewhere believe but is there actual evidence e.g. we know that Diana planted stories because the press told us that she would ring them up and tell them where she was going to be but have we something like that about the Middleton's or are people just making assumptions?
Old 04-16-2010, 05:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

No we don't. It's just assumptions from people who think that certain stories make the headlines on requests of the middletons.
I don't believe that even they would stoop that low.

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe