The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarroll-royal View Post
Invasive, yes. However, Chelsy understands the Royals and how hey work and therefore probably won't seek legal action against it.
No I don't think Chelsy would sue them either. She seems more level headed when it comes to the press.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Chelsy: I won't get Harry-ed | News Of The World

Chelsy Davy is vowing she WON'T marry into the Royal Family - because she wants a "proper" career.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Interesting, believe it more than if Kate would've said it.
Quote:
I can reveal the secret to Chelsy Davy’s new svelte figure – she has cut out junk food and lost 5lb, dropping a dress size
Chelsy Davy gives up burgers... and drops a dress size | Mail Online
Old 04-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Really? I've always thought Chelsy has a nice body.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt this story is true. I don't think Chelsy would tell the yellow press she's trying to lose weight.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Commoner

It's a Katie Nicholl story so I agree that I doubt it is true. Thou if it is, I don't know why she feels she needs to loose weight - she looks good as it is. I just hope she doesn't think she should loose more weight and begin to look like KM who just looks emaciated.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Royal Highness

The photo of Chelsy in the article on losing weight is a old photo.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Chelsy: I won't get Harry-ed | News Of The World

Chelsy Davy is vowing she WON'T marry into the Royal Family - because she wants a "proper" career.

This is EXACTLY why the Royal Family needs someone like her: smart, educated and hard working.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
This is EXACTLY why the Royal Family needs someone like her: smart, educated and hard working.
Sorry, if she did indeed marry Harry she would find people accusing her of trading on the BRF to encourage increased clientelle for the law firm she works for, as was the case for the Countess of Wessex. Needless to say it all ended in tears and Sophie a Royal housewife!

Just as Edward was unsucessful in his business endeavours he nonetheless "works" for a living. There has been some talk of him taking over some of Prince Philipp's workload, the details are as yet, unclear.

Harry has followed the only viable option open to him in joining the Army but even there people (tabloids mainly) have accused him of not being really good enough but being "passed" because of who he is! Come time to fly a helicopter I personally think that it would be irrelevant as, if he has "fake" wings they are never going to put other people at risk, not even his protection squad!

Come to think of it . . . . how many million is an Apache or Lynx worth?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Aristocracy

I agree that she would have to give up her career but at least she would be perceived (rightly) as someone who knew how to hold a job and would not be seen as lazy and precious. She could use her education in her Royal role.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Commoner

or there could be some arrangement whereby she works legal eagle a few days a week and royal duties the rest - she would be given the best of both worlds that way.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Royal Highness

Chelsy and Harry need to work a while first before settling down. They both worked so hard for their careers, let them work about ten years. They will only be in their mid 30's. Old enough to have experienced life and ready for the next phase of raising a family and royal duties.

BTW only Prince Harry flying a helicopter will put these stupid rumors to rest that he was passed because of who he is. Harry show them.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

The article's headline is misleading as is so often the case. It does not contain a direct quote from Chelsy saying she will not marry Harry. I do, however, think it is safe to accept that there is some truth to the implication that she does not want to give up the career her hard work has earned her the right to pursue in order to just cut ribbons, etc.. Yet her education and experience have provided her with skills that would be of great benefit to the wife of a Prince/Royal Duke who, with her husband, has a hands-on role in charitable foundations. If they are seriously committed to each other, I could envisage them both working for several years establishing themselves in their chosen careers and then marrying and working closely together as Royals for the advancement of charitable causes with the occasional ribbon-cutting.

This is not the world into which Diana and Sarah and Sophie married, and Chelsy is not Diana or Sarah or Sophie and I can imagine Harry and Chelsy carving out a new, niche role for themselves within the Royal sphere.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Did Chelsy really say that??
Old 04-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^
No she didn't.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is the press taking a swipe at Chelsy or sth? She has always looked slim to me.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Administrator

Although I definitely question the veracity of the article, that Kate Nichols is a bit of a mess. How does she come up with some of these stories?

The context of the article, however, does ring true to me. Chelsy has totally earned her degree by hardwork....if she marries into the Royal Family, it would have all been for naught. She can't work or use her law degree without the British Press crying that she is showing some type of favoritism, she can't defend anyone accused of a horrific crime and she certainly can't defend any corporations. She is in a tight spot. I stand by earlier statements, that she won't marry Harry. She will have to give up EVERYTHING that she worked for. She possibly could do it, but thats an awful lot to give up for love. And while Harry might be worth it (as is the money, the jewels, the fabulous trips, etc.) the British Press is SO NOT WORTH it. I have never seen such enjoyment in knocking someone when they are down.

And its a shame that Chelsy was photographed while home in SA....isn't anything sacred anymore. Isn't anyone entitled to just a moment of privacy? And yes, I realize she is dating a British Prince. But even animals in a zoo are entitled to a couple of moments of solitude when the zoo is closed and no one is watching them.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
Is the press taking a swipe at Chelsy or sth?
I didn't get the impression they were taking a swipe at her so much as they're just trying to fill the page on slow news days.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's so sad that even her weight/body type is used to fill up space.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Commoner

I cant say I blame her if that is true. That said if she truly sees no future with Harry wouldn’t it be kinder to just end things with him now. Unless they stay together but just never official get married.

Its no wonder so many girls have eating problems if someone like Chelsy Davy is considered to be “fat” that she needs to cut burgers to shed a few pounds.

Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe