Harry and Chelsy: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see Harry eloping. The public, and particularly us royal watchers :D would feel cheated. I've said it before no one puts on a royal show like the Windsors. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^
Thanks to both of you for the explanation. So he would be king without a queen even if he is married.:ohmy:

I think you're a little crossed up.

Harry will never be King, unless William dies before he has a child or abdicates the throne to him after the death of their father. If William dies before Charles does, but he married and had a child, I believe Harry would act as Regent while the child is still in the age of minority. Once that child turns 18, they would then become the next King or Queen of England. However that wouldn't make Harry the King of England during that time.

If by some mischance Harry did become King then his 'wife' wouldn't be Queen as she wouldn't legally be his wife. She would only be his mistress in the eyes of British law.

No children they had could be Princes or Princesses or otherwise have titles e.g. no Duke of Cornwall/Prince of Wales, no Princess Royal etc.
Of course once he became King he could marry with his own consent and make her his Queen but that wouldn't change the status of any previously born children.

As Harry is currently 3rd in line though with a healthy older brother there is no reason to think that he would become King.

Of course once he became King he could marry with his own consent and make her his Queen but that wouldn't change the status of any previously born children.

Surely that defect could easily be remedied by legislation.

As Harry is currently 3rd in line though with a healthy older brother there is no reason to think that he would become King.

That healthy older brother currently has a career flying helicopters, and search and rescue missions frequently involve flying in dangerous conditions. Harry should not relax too much till William has heirs.

Surely that defect could easily be remedied by legislation.
If they change the legislation to allow illegitimate children to succeed then it could open a can of worms about the succession as their could be a number of illegitimate children already out there with claims over any hypothetical children known to be born to a couple out of legal wedlock.
That healthy older brother currently has a career flying helicopters, and search and rescue missions frequently involve flying in dangerous conditions. Harry should not relax too much till William has heirs.
The healthy younger brother also has a career flying helicopters and having an expressed with to return to a war zone so Beatrice can't relax either.
There is a line of succession for that very reason - in case something happens to one or more of the people ahead in the line.

If they change the legislation to allow illegitimate children to succeed then it could open a can of worms about the succession as their could be a number of illegitimate children already out there with claims over any hypothetical children known to be born to a couple out of legal wedlock.

I had in mind the more restricted situation of Harry marrying without consent and fathering children in that marriage. Presumably that would have to happen outside the UK, but it would surely be a valid marriage everywhere except in Britain and I suspect current human rights and equal opportunity laws, as well as public opinion, would support them. Maybe not. I confess I haven't thought it all the way through and it might lead to chaos, with claimants popping out of the woodwork everywhere. :lol: There would be issues relating to retrospectivity, and I am not sure how many people would be affected, but if it only applies to Royals who need the monarch's consent, unless Charles and/or Andrew have illegitimate children stashed away somewhere it surely wouldn't matter if the arrangements in the line of succession were changed. And if they do they jolly well deserve to be found out, IMO.

The healthy younger brother also has a career flying helicopters and having an expressed with to return to a war zone so Beatrice can't relax either.

Yes, and neither should Eugenie.

Yes, and neither should Eugenie.

And neither should Lady Louise or Viscount Severn.....I mean at this rate, everyone in the royal family should just live in a bubble and never go anywhere. :ROFLMAO:

No one is suggesting that but rather that the younger royals do need to be trained 'in case' particularly the York girls considering the careers the Wales boys have chosen.

Iluvbertie

Thank you for your kind explanation

I was just imagining Harry becoming king with a wife that it's not really his wife and what the press would say, they would have a field day :lol:

Which is why I can't see Harry marrying without either the consent of the Queen (or his father in the next reign) or Parliament. He knows the confusion it would cause if he went through a marriage ceremony that didn't met that criteria.

So, in a nutshell, married or not, without the Queen or Parliamentary approval he would be, to all intents and purposes, merely "shacking up" and his de facto wife would be entitled to even less legal rights than any non-royal common law wife?

Exactly - no permission from either the Queen or Parliament then he is simply in a de facto relationship. I am not sure about the rights issue as his children can inherit money and property but not titles or the throne.

I don't really understand the problem some people have with Chelsea.
When she first came up to the scene, the main objections people made against Chelsy were that she was loud, vulgar, a party animal and that her father was suspected of collusion with Mugabe.

Since then, she has toned-down both her clothing and her partying, excelled academically, found a job and her father's rumored relation with Mugabe has been debunked (Charles Davy never had any business relation with Mugabe but with one of his cabinet minister, and he has since sold him off his business interests so there is no remaining link).

Frankly, the only things I feel could now get in the way of a marriage between Chelsy and Harry are Harry's relative immaturity and Chelsy's independence.

Which is why I can't see Harry marrying without either the consent of the Queen (or his father in the next reign) or Parliament. He knows the confusion it would cause if he went through a marriage ceremony that didn't met that criteria.
Exactly! This is why I don't think Harry would do this. I think Harry is more responsible than people give him credit for.

Chelsy the law student is highly educated (and an heiress) and more in line with the various educated Crown Princesses around Europe. I find her more acceptable than William's longtime girlfriend, imo who seems to lack a career or direction.

The day I saw Chelsy and her mother at the Palace gates, going into the Palace, I felt the stories the press writes about one girl having an edge over the other were probably nothing more than a press wanting to create a good-girl-bad-girl image-comparison. I just don't buy that either girl is viewed as having an edge ,one way or the other.

Frankly, the only things I feel could now get in the way of a marriage between Chelsy and Harry are Harry's relative immaturity and Chelsy's independence.

What about love? Just cause they're together now does not mean that they have the love for each other to join both of their lives in marriage;).

Chelsy the law student is highly educated (and an heiress) and more in line with the various educated Crown Princesses around Europe. I find her more acceptable than William's longtime girlfriend, imo who seems to lack a career or direction.

How is she "more in line" with various educated crown princesses? I think Chelsy is wealthy and has had good education, but as far as being on par with princesses, I don't think she's there yet:).

What is Chelsy's family business? We always hear about Kate's family business in the press, but what exactly does Chelsy's family do? How did they earn their fortune?

When I first saw Chelsy, I was not impressed at all. I found her sloppy and not leaving much to the imagination. Seeing her throughout the years and especially during the break up I now find her to be incredibly smart, composed, and independent. A strong and level-headed lady if you ask me. I for one would be more than pleased if she was the next Princess Henry of Wales.

I don't see her giving up her independence to marry a man who is the spare and in time will be in the position Andrew is now - the not needed younger brother of the heir.

neither do i. She seems very outspoken and opinionated, and I don't see her being the neutral daughter in law to the royal family

shanaz, they own a hunting business (am I correct?). they arrange safari tours. i heard her family wealth is 20 million pounds. As far as I have read, that far exceeds Kate's family's wealth.

Where did you hear that from? I didn't realize Chelsy's family was that wealthy.

i read it in a magazine, i think it was OK. let me try to find a link

There's no way the King's son is going to elope to Africa to get married.
Can you imagine the scandal that would ensue?? Never mind about the public being upset (and they would be!) the Queen and Prince Charles would probably be livid. They'd send him to the tower! :lol: (j/k)

The only way he could get married in Africa, if he was no longer a Prince, or if the family moved to Africa and set up shop there. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, Queen Elizabeth would become the African Queen. I think the moon would turn blue first. :lol:

I meant if the set up shop there after being ousted. ;)

I am sorry Lumut but she looks as pretty as a picture and perfectly dressed, as one of the comments said underneath she looks very regal in clothes designed for her age group where the other one tries to look royal and manages to look a bit old.
I wasn´t so sure about Chelsy at first but I have changed my opinion completely, she is a pretty, independent, very well educated young lady who is not going to just hang on the arm of her royal boyfriend or sit by the telephone. This is one royal wedding I am hoping for.

Chelsy looks lovely! And big congratulations to Prince Harry!

As I have said before in another post, no one ever thought the POW could marry his mistress who was also a divorced mother of two but he did, therefore I wouldn't rule out anything with regards to what the Princes can or can't do with their lives. Personally I don't think Chelsey has any desire to live a Royal life and I could easily see these two eventually marrying and settling into a private life in S. Africa in the years to come. People close to her say that is where she ultimatley wants to be and if this is true then Harry must know it and there wouldn't be any point in him still being with her if he didn't want to accomodate it.

There is a lot of sense here. Harry knows that if everything goes according to plan in about 20 years or so he will be some distance from the throne (in the way that his Uncle Andrew is now) and by then he might be getting ready to leave the army unless he has a chance of making General in his own right.

I could see him retiring to Africa and leaving the 'royal family' to consist of the monarch and the monarch's children rather than the monarch's siblings and his/her children.

I can even see Harry's children not being HRH in the same way that Louise and James of Wessex are now (and I am aware of the 1917 LPs and that there are arguments that they really are and that there is some interpretation that as it has been done with the Queen's approval they really are no longer entitled so please don't raise that issue here).

I do think that the BRF will eventually only be the monarch and spouse, heir and spouse and maybe the heir's children and other children of the monarch will not pass on any HRH regardless of gender e.g. Beatrice and Eugenie wouldnt' have ever been HRH and I can see Harry not having that for his kids and also living outside Britain to get away from the 'royal duties' round. He would, of course, still turn up for major royal events such as weddings, funerals and coronations but otherwise not be around (this is from his late-40s onwards when William's kids are reaching their late teens and early 20s).

Of course if William doesn't marry or have kids all of the above becomes impossible as Harry and his descendents would have to take up the burden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom