The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarroll-royal View Post
According to reports Harry and Chelsy are due to meet up with each other for their anniversary in April/May in South Africa, and again, in the same place for the World Cup.
I've read reports about the World Cup, but not about them meeting up in April/May. Where have you heard this?

Old 03-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's been so quiet lately I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsy has already started her travels.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think the press have taken to heed the queens statement.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think the Queen's statement pertained to girlfriend's private vacations/holidays/travels. I think Harry and Chelsy just haven't been out in public lately.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

If and when she starts her travels I don't think we would hear about it since Chelsy doesn't notify the press about where she is.
The only way we'll find out is if she gets spotted by the press. For her sake I hope she doesn't.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Also, if Harry joins her they are more likey to be spotted by the paps.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

It would be a challenge to hide that "ginger" hair. j/k
I think if they keep a low profile they would be fine.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wouldn't it be hilarious if after all the endless speculations and hype about William and Kate getting engaged, out of the clear blue we hear an announcement from the palace that Harry and Chelsy got engaged.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well you just never know ...
Old 03-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I for one would be (pleasantly) surprised if that happens, but I would be happy for Harry as long as Chelsy is right for him and his position.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
Wouldn't it be hilarious if after all the endless speculations and hype about William and Kate getting engaged, out of the clear blue we hear an announcement from the palace that Harry and Chelsy got engaged.
Sereta that is what I have been thinking for a while. I don't think Prince Harry has all the baggage that Prince William has.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
I for one would be (pleasantly) surprised if that happens, but I would be happy for Harry as long as Chelsy is right for him and his position.
I would be pleasantly surprised too, and happy for them both. Whether Chelsy is right for him or the monarchy, well only Harry can decide.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

One thing I do like about Chelsy is that she doesn't use the press for her own agenda.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Majesty

I think they are both very young to consider marriage, so I would be surprised if there were to be an announcement for a few years.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
One thing I do like about Chelsy is that she doesn't use the press for her own agenda.
Yeah I don't see Chelsy greeting a photographer and hamming it up for the camera while playing tennis.... and then slapping them with a lawsuit.
(And I still wonder who notified the press that they would be there at Christmas. )
Old 03-19-2010, 02:08 AM
Serene Highness

New pics of Chelsy in South Africa

Old 03-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
Yeah I don't see Chelsy greeting a photographer and hamming it up for the camera while playing tennis.... and then slapping them with a lawsuit.
(And I still wonder who notified the press that they would be there at Christmas. )
Thats terrible. Who did that?
Old 03-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd255 View Post
Weren't those tennis pictures taken from a distance? I believe Ms. Middleton sued the photographer for taking pictures of a inside family Christmas dinner. Kate won the lawsuit and gave the money to charity.

I think the press scouts out her parents home and saw them leave for Christmas. I don't think Kate wants press after the Queen asked the press to stay away from her family at Christmas. Ms Middleton wants the royal family to want her. I don't think she would call the press.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Weren't those tennis pictures taken from a distance?
Yes, it's totally unfair to say she was 'mugging' for the camera (in this instance at least).
Quote:
I believe Ms. Middleton sued the photographer for taking pictures of a inside family Christmas dinner.
Middleton sued Rex, not the photographer, which is odd since Rex did not buy the offensive Christmas lunch pictures (if they ever existed which I highly doubt).
The photographer denied ever taking pictures of the family inside their home (and I personally believe him):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian.co.uk
I have now been in contact with Niraj Tanna, of Ikon Pictures, who took the photographs of Kate Middleton. He says, contrary to the statement from Rex Features, that he never "followed" Middleton. Rather, after receiving a tip off, he went to the footpath and took photographs of Middleton playing tennis. He denies that he ever took any photographs of Middleton inside the house that she was staying in."Under no circumstances did I harass her. She even wished me Merry Christmas on the day," Tanna said.
Quote:
Kate won the lawsuit and gave the money to charity.
No, there was no trial but an out-of court settlement.
Most likely, Rex though it would be best to settle quickly for a small sum than go to court, rack-up legal fees and risk being condemned any way by an over-zealous judge.

That said, cd255, I agree with your general point that Chelsy and her family do not play with the press at all, unlike the Middleton who use them when it suits them (Hello photoshoots to promote their business, etc) and sue them when it doesn't.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
I highly doubt that'll happen. Harry has way more sense than we give him credit for.

Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe