The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree if she wants to be with Harry she will have to make some sacrifices both in where she lives and what she does with her life. I hope she doesn't dislike England as I don't think it would be good for Harry to leave his country to live elsewhere.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Administrator

I can't imagine Harry leaving. I believe Harry said he hated England in the past, but I think that has more to do with the press and the lack of privacy than England. Harry knows his duty. He will never desert his family and his responsiblities.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:54 AM
Administrator

Harry and William are very close and mutually supportive. I think it unlikely he'd "abandon" his brother by leaving the UK in the near future.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Harry and William are very close and mutually supportive. I think it unlikely he'd "abandon" his brother by leaving the UK in the near future.

I think that is right. William and Harry are probably the only ones who really know what it is to live their lives, and I just do not seeing either of them living particularly far away from each other for any length of time, unless duty called for them to do so.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Aristocracy

Well I think Harry say things without always meaning it's true meaning. I doubt he hates/d England. We all say things we don't always mean, only different is when Harry does that, they use it against him. Like with the New Idea issue, name one public figure who doesn't complain over the tabloids but no one really cares when Cheryl Cole or Kylie say it but it's a huge thing when Harry says it. I think it's really important to remember that Harry is a human being just as the rest of us!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I don't see why not.

Many parents give their kids a hard time about things - even when the kids are grown, have left home and even have kids of their own.

With what we know about the effects of smoking I could well believe that Chelsy's parents might be giving her, and by extension her boyfriend, a hard time about smoking.
I'm glad my parents didn't tell me what to do after I became an adult.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
I'm glad my parents didn't tell me what to do after I became an adult.

There is a difference between saying 'Don't do this' and 'I wish you wouldn't do that'. Both are comments that parents could say but I am sure that many parents say the second to their grown up kids and I see that as 'giving a hard time' but don't see anything wrong with it.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I feel the exact same way! Yeah theres something strange about her. I can't put my finger on her.
I don't see what's strange about her. She seems like a smart, hard-working, down to earth person.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Harry moves in with Chelsy as she gives him keys to £1.5m Belgravia home for weekends | Mail Online
Old 01-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I feel the exact same way! Yeah theres something strange about her. I can't put my finger on her.
I don't think she's strange either. By all accounts she's a nice and fun loving person. I can see why Harry would fall for her.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Chelsy seems fine to me. Smart, no-nonsense, sense of humour, hard working, enjoys life, seems to not be fazed by the press. I think she's perfect for Harry.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I can only agree with the previous posters. I like Chelsy especially since I watched her at the Concert for Diana on TV.
She really seems to have personality, she is clever and it's fun to watch her - a vibrant young woman who has brains, it seems. Harry and she are a lovely match.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
I can only agree with the previous posters. I like Chelsy especially since I watched her at the Concert for Diana in TV.
She really seems to have personality, she is clever and it's fun to watch her - a vibrant young woman who has brains, it seems. Harry and she are a lovely match.
I actually think Harry and Chelsy are a good match for each other, but I'm not sure Chelsy's cut out to be a princess, at least not yet. I'm about to make a similar, but opposite comment, in the Kate thread.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Chelsy seems fine to me. Smart, no-nonsense, sense of humour, hard working, enjoys life, seems to not be fazed by the press. I think she's perfect for Harry.

Totally agree... I think they look great together, would really love to see this go the distance.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry moves in to Chelsy Davy's London pad - hellomagazine.com
Old 01-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
There is a difference between saying 'Don't do this' and 'I wish you wouldn't do that'. Both are comments that parents could say but I am sure that many parents say the second to their grown up kids and I see that as 'giving a hard time' but don't see anything wrong with it.
Oh I see what you mean now. Yeah I agree then. Parents never stop being concerned about their children no matter how old they get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Come to think of it, Chelsy was photographed with her family around the same time as Kate since the press knows she vacations in Mauritius every year. She didn't complain about the press, and she was photographed in a bikini!
As an aside Chelsy seems like a stronger person to me than Kate.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Come to think of it, Chelsy was photographed with her family around the same time as Kate since the press knows she vacations in Mauritius every year. She didn't complain about the press, and she was photographed in a bikini!
Just jumping ahead here, IMO Chelsy will be the very popular with the younger generation, and the rest of us will appreciate Kate's more reserved nature.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:

That is her decision to accept that situation but it doesn't make it right or acceptable for Kate to have to accept it.

Every individual has a right to privacy. They also have the right to give up that privacy - Kate is fighting to keep her private time private whereas Chelsy doesn't seem to care. They are both individuals and have a right to choose to be private or otherwise.

Why must everything be a comparison. They are two very different woman, dating two very different men, who just happen to be brothers.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Why must everything be a comparison. They are two very different woman, dating two very different men, who just happen to be brothers.
Because one day possible they will be princess'.
Just as Kate and Chelsy will always be compared to Diana, and Kate maybe The Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Just jumping ahead here, IMO Chelsy will be the very popular with the younger generation, and the rest of us will appreciate Kate's more reserved nature.
Theres only 4 years difference?
Not many people in many generation care about Chelsy and Kate, and not many know who they are.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I actually think Harry and Chelsy are a good match for each other, but I'm not sure Chelsy's cut out to be a princess, at least not yet.
It's hard to say, only time will tell if these two end up with each other.

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe