The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Fortunately I am not paying taxes to support them.
"Fortunately I am not paying taxes to support them."
Then why do you even care?

I have no problem paying for William to learn how to save people in trouble. And part of the reason Harry is learning to fly helicopters is so that he can serve without people finding out about where he is. Yes I do give them credit for trying to do something.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Majesty

I care because he could also become my King if Australia doesn't vote to become a republic first (which I certainly hope that we will have done by the time he becomes King).

Old 12-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

I rather see them in the armed forces, getting (some sort of) an understanding of what soldiers goes through than having them spend money at night clubs and a life in luxury
Old 12-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Please note that the topic of this thread is Harry and Chelsy: relationship musings. It is not to discuss the role of William and Harry in the Armed Services, whether or not Australia will be come republic, etc.

Let's get back on topic.

Thank you.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 12-31-2009, 01:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Even if Harry chooses to run off to South Africa with Chelsy William does have Beatrice, Eugenie, their and uncles to carry out some duties. But doesn't the bulk of it fall on William and his wife like I'm seeing with the other CP couples? I know that the kings and queens have their duties but aren't some of them being transfered to the CP's since this is what they'll be doing for life.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:58 AM
Majesty

The British royal family, since the abdication, have been far more a 'family' affair with many members doing things not just the Crown Prince and the monarch (plus spouses).
Harry, and even Beatrice and Eugenie, will be doing their fair share of the work in the same way that Anne, Andrew, Edward, Sophie and even the Dukes of Gloucester and Kent and Princess Alexandra have done during the reign of the present monarch.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

The British Royal Family tend to have far more engagements and duties to divvy out than the other royal houses so they need more help from others in the family. With more charities being formed as the population grows there may come a time when we have to go back to the old days when the "Lady" of the local area used to perform some of these duties such as opening local schools,hospitals etc. because the royal family receives so many requests that probably most of them can't even be filled.

William is definately going to need help from his brother and his br. wife imo. It's fine for cousins to help out but his own brother w/ wife should help too. Besides there are only 2 cousins to help as the other cousins won't be doing any engagements and the older generation starts slowing down. And quite frankly I don't know if Pr. Eugenie will want to live the royal lifestyle of duties etc.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
Not a fair or accurate view.
Thank you for that whole post.
Any time Harry is pictured on a week-end out I read a whole bash of comments about him 'idling around' and 'playing toy soldier', even though he is on a week-end leave. Same thing when he is using his allotted vacation time. I think some people believe the military runs slave camps.
I would expect that kind of ignorance from the Daily Mail's readers but people in here should know better.

On the subject of Holidays: Chelsy was pictured in Mauritius, but no sign of Harry:

http://i48.tinypic.com/dzc76r.jpg

Old 01-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well well that wasn't surprising.
She looks wonderful except she's smoking.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Doesn't Chelsy go to Mauritius every year?
Old 01-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

Chelsy doesn't appear to not like the press from these shots. Idriel, I respect your opinions, but please don't refer to members as ignorant. We all have our views.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Doesn't Chelsy go to Mauritius every year?
Yeah, she's been going there with her family every year. Probably how the press guessed it.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Prince Harry is to be promoted to captain after serving just under five years in the Army – in a move that could help cement his relationship with Chelsy Davy.
Friends say his additional responsibilities could prompt the sometimes wayward Royal to curb his partying and consider settling down with his on-off girlfriend of five years.
A source said: ‘Harry will be made a captain

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1241943/Captain-Harry-settle-Chelsy-Army-promotion-prove-turning-point-Prince-s-relationship.html#ixzz0cAGRCxZO

Old 01-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

So as Captain what will he do?
Old 01-11-2010, 05:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Prince Harry is to be promoted to captain after serving just under five years in the Army – in a move that could help cement his relationship with Chelsy Davy.
Friends say his additional responsibilities could prompt the sometimes wayward Royal to curb his partying and consider settling down with his on-off girlfriend of five years.
A source said: ‘Harry will be made a captain

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1241943/Captain-Harry-settle-Chelsy-Army-promotion-prove-turning-point-Prince-s-relationship.html#ixzz0cAGRCxZO
How on earth can you relate becoming a captain in the army, and flying an apache helicopter to a relationship.
Harry has been in the army for 5 years and he still parties, a promotion I don't think is going to change this habit.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
Chelsy doesn't appear to not like the press from these shots.
That would be a first! She always looks miserable/annoyed in paparazzi shots.
One picture looks at first like she is smiling directly at the camera when she's probably looking at the same thing her father is, and that's not the camera.
Quote:
Idriel, I respect your opinions, but please don't refer to members as ignorant. We all have our views.
Poor choice of word indeed. It came off aggressive.
What I meant is that I expect members of this forums to be more informed about the subjects under discussion the average population.

Also, while the suitability of Harry ongoing partying is a matter of debate, the fact that he does that on his time off from the military is not.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
How on earth can you relate becoming a captain in the army, and flying an apache helicopter to a relationship.
It must be frustrating for the princes when every time they do something or accomplish anything all the press talks about is their private life. "Oh Harry's being promoted to Captain so that must mean he's getting married and settling down."

So far Harry doesn't seem to have joined Chelsy in Mauritius. We'll see.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
She looks wonderful except she's smoking.
It's a shame she smokes. I wonder if she caused Harry to start smoking again because didn't he quit last year?
Old 01-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Courtier

I like and admire Chelsy, but I wonder if she would be up to the task of actually joining the Royal Firm
Old 01-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
It's a shame she smokes. I wonder if she caused Harry to start smoking again because didn't he quit last year?
It's hard to say. It is difficult to keep from smoking when you're around someone who smokes. But we don't know that it's Chelsy's fault. Quitting smoking is a very difficult thing to do no matter what. Hopefully he'll quit again.

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe