Good Prince and Bad Prince

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezza

Aristocracy
City
Adelaide
Country
Australia
Just reading an article in the Adelaide Advertiser about Prince's William and Harry. The article stated that a few years ago that the general public saw William as the responsible and sensible one. While Harry was viewed as the reckless one.

But now the general public see it the other way round, that William is the bad one, because of the chopper incident as being spoilt. While Harry is seen in a more positive light by the general public, because he went to Afghanistan, and is seen to eager to serve is country again.

The next week there will be a report about Harry falling flat on his face outside a brothel while William was in church singing with a choir. The press just loves to play these two off of each other. William will always come under more scrutiny as the "heir" and Harry will always be seen as trying to overcome his second class ranking as the "spare". One minute they will be overindulged wastrals, the next they will be Diana's poor boys. We don't really know who they are, and it might be a bit too soon to see what they are going to contribute to the House of Windsor. Until then, we will be deluged with the Wills v Harry sop.

Yes, I think that this is true. Remember "Good Diana" and "Bad Fergie"? Or "Family-Man Charles" and "Playboy Andrew"?

The press just loves to play these two off of each other. William will always come under more scrutiny as the "heir" and Harry will always be seen as trying to overcome his second class ranking as the "spare". One minute they will be overindulged wastrals, the next they will be Diana's poor boys. We don't really know who they are, and it might be a bit too soon to see what they are going to contribute to the House of Windsor. Until then, we will be deluged with the Wills v Harry sop.

"Playboy Andrew"?
I remember "Randy Andy" with the Koo Stark thing.
They are young. They do stupid things. I'm glad they are getting it out of their systems before they ascend the throne and take on major/more royal duties!

I remember "Randy Andy" with the Koo Stark thing.
They are young. They do stupid things. I'm glad they are getting it out of their systems before they ascend the throne and take on major/more royal duties!

They thought that no way was she suitable as a Royal bride but I admire her, she has kept quiet all these years, hasn't sold the story out to the tabloids or written a book about their time together

It goes even further back, in the 1930's it was 'good and responsible' Princess Elizabeth and 'naughty' Princess Margaret Rose.

I agree it's always been like that and not only with the House of Windsor either. In Sweden it's the same with "Party Princess" Madeleine and responsible hard-working Victoria.
That´s just the way the press works. There will come a time again when Harry is seen as the "bad one", since he's bound to make a mistake eventually (he's only human) and William will be the "good one" once more. I don't know whether William will be deployed to some conflict region but if he is, I'm sure that'll restore his image the same way it did with Harry. In a way Harry is lucky that he's been regarded the "bad Prince" for so long since it's much easier to work your way up from a negative image (as the recent weeks have shown) than to live up to the high expectations people have for an heir.

Harry is not the heir, so therefore he can do those things that now is turning him into a hero.
If William was not the heir, he could have gone to Afganistan and Africa and done things he liked to do. He would easily be a hero then, wouldn't he. But he can't.
I'm sure Harry knows this. And most thinking people will understand this and protest when the press make one of them a hero and the other a villain.

Harry is not the heir, so therefore he can do those things that now is turning him into a hero.
If William was not the heir, he could have gone to Afganistan and Africa and done things he liked to do. He would easily be a hero then, wouldn't he. But he can't.
I'm sure Harry knows this. And most thinking people will understand this and protest when the press make one of them a hero and the other a villain.
What did Harry do to warrant the title "HERO". He went to a war zone like thousands of US, UK, Canadian, Australian etc troops. You only earn the title of Hero if you have put your life on the line to save others, so lets not get carried away! :rolleyes:

Both William and Harry come across as spoiled rich kids, so I don't think one is good and the other bad, both are just over indulged and have come to expect it.:ohmy:

Well Harry has acknowledged that he's no hero, it was the press giving him the title after news broke of him being in Afganistan.

Both William and Harry come across as spoiled rich kids, so I don't think one is good and the other bad, both are just over indulged and have come to expect it.:ohmy:
They do, but Harry DID go over, regardless if it were a short trip, which is more than a lot of kids in the US would do these days!! And HUZZAH to all our brave men and women in uniform whatever nationality they may be!!! :americaneagle::fireworks:

to me they're both spoiled brats....what the hell did harry exactly do that gave him the tite hero???? he hasn't saved anyone else's life by risking his or anything....even now when he's back all we see are pictures of him in nightclubs or off for another holiday with that equaly spoiled girfriend of his....

to me they're both spoiled brats....what the hell did harry exactly do that gave him the tite hero???? he hasn't saved anyone else's life by risking his or anything....even now when he's back all we see are pictures of him in nightclubs or off for another holiday with that equaly spoiled girfriend of his....
I agree but I also disagree. you really do not know a lot about what he did when he in the war zone. He has been home in England know for about a month. He had his leave after and spent it the way he wanted to during his R&R. Now he is back to his regular duties.How many times besides the stag party has he been out partying?

Last edited:
I just sent my son back to Khandahar today. On his leave he partied a lot because they don't allow alcohol over there. I can't begrudge him that.
I think Harry would still be over there if there weren't a treasonous breech of the media.

Prince William will be seen as a good Prince now he has visited the troops in Afghanastan.

Prince William will be seen as a good Prince now he has visited the troops in Afghanistan.
I think a lot of people will see it as a cynical ploy to take their minds off the joy rides. :flowers:

I think a lot of people will see it as a cynical ploy to take their minds off the joy rides. :flowers:
I agree. As long as he went on a scheduled flight I think "The Troops" will probably be be happy that he just went!

Myself, I hope that any inadequacies that Harry or William see or hear about are likely to at least be raised again in MOD quarters if only because they want to be "seen" to be doing something.

When the Lord gives you lemons, make lemonade! And William, Harry and the War at least makes it on the front page. Working on the trickle down effect perhaps some small thing might change for the better for our troops in the theatre of war. :flowers:

I forgot to add a :rolleyes: with my statement. I agree it does look a ploy to make William look good.

We are a cynical lot aren't we?:whistling: I think the "good" and "bad" label is going a bit far. These two young men are human and as humans they are going to make mistakes. Unfortunately the mistakes they make usually end up on the front page and make national, even worldwide news. At that age can any of us claim to have been much wiser?

Cat

Prince William impresses me very much, and it has been reported that even the Queen is very much impressed by him. True he may have his faults but nobody is perfect.

The next week there will be a report about Harry falling flat on his face outside a brothel while William was in church singing with a choir. The press just loves to play these two off of each other. William will always come under more scrutiny as the "heir" and Harry will always be seen as trying to overcome his second class ranking as the "spare". One minute they will be overindulged wastrals, the next they will be Diana's poor boys. We don't really know who they are, and it might be a bit too soon to see what they are going to contribute to the House of Windsor. Until then, we will be deluged with the Wills v Harry sop.
:lol: Seriously, when you get down to it they make the same good choices and bad choices that many of us do. C'mon admit, you want William land in your backyard. Except I would suggest he land at a nearby small airport (like 30 miles from me) and get a royal ride down to my house.

:lol: Seriously, when you get down to it they make the same good choices and bad choices that many of us do.
That is the problem though, IMO, they can't be 'normal' if they want the benefits that accompany the titles that they hold. Whilst I want them to have the freedom to just be young men, with their whole lives in front of them, the errors of judgment , followed by appallingly bad PR mistakes could cost them their future position.

Many have criticised their parents for their very human mistakes, many criticised HM for what they perceived as her mistake over wanting to shield the (then) children. We need a period of stability within the Royal Family, where people only see and hear of the charity appearances, the work ethic, that way they can rebuild the respect they will need to survive into the next century. I am not asking for saints, just a little more humility when they do make a mistake and less of the ill advised PR we have seen these past weeks. If William wants to practice landing and taking off with a view to future visits to his family and girlfriend, then admit that is why it is being done, not dress it up as essential training on the way to gaining his wings.

Harry has had a reality check, I hope it lasts a while longer, but I also hope it hasn't removed his ability to have some good clean fun.:flowers:

Last edited:
I really don't like the labels, Good Prince, Bad Prince. When I was growing up, you often heard the term good child, bad child. Usually this meant one child could do no wrong and the other child was always doing wrong or getting into trouble. One extreme or the other. Like any other family, I'm sure that both have had their moments with their families.

I completely agree....

Maybe they're setting them up to be the royal version of "Goofus (Harry) and "Gallant" (William).

Maybe they're setting them up to be the royal version of "Goofus (Harry) and "Gallant" (William).
Hardly think that, however I enjoyed the reference the Highlights reference.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom