General News for Prince Harry, Part 1: December 2016 - November 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MP slags if RF and Harry

Sorry, couldn't find this, please move as necessary.

A labour MP has slated the royals, Harry in particular, stating that, among other things, Harry can't fly a helicopter, but 'just sits there going vroom vroom,' William and Harry are both thick, and it's an outrage that William and Kate spent £150 on Prince George's school uniform jumper. Ms Coad has received death threats after these remarks and been told not to leave home alone. She is a member of a campaign group for a republic.

The woman is just being nasty. Maybe Harry did fail his pilot exam, I don't know, I did get the impression from documentaries that he operates the gun while someone else pilots, but it must take a lot of skill to hit anything from so high up, he is a qualified officer at the rank of captain, did two stints in Afghanistan, William definitely is a qualified helicopter pilot, and has a degree, and lots of schools, private or not, have expensive uniforms.

She said lots of other horrible things too. It really shows a lack of maturity from her rather than anything bad about the BRF, who after all can't answer back.

You could hardly accuse Prince Harry of doing the bare minimum. Nobody forced him to create the Invictus Games, or set up Sentebale. Apart from him being into hunting, which his mother abhorred, I think PH is a good guy.

Last edited:
An elementary school child with access to a smart phone could dig up the real facts. Ms. Coad obviously doesn't possess these skilled which reflects badly not only on her but the people she represents in Parliament.

A quick look at Wikipedia even tells us that "It was announced on 21 January 2013 that Harry was returning from a 20-week deployment in Afghanistan, where he served as an Apache co-pilot/gunner."

I remember well when Harry flew over to the US solely for the purpose of training with the Apache helicopter. Its a training that isn't available to just anyone and Harry not only qualified but went on to see active duty in Afghanistan with his skills.

Sorry, couldn't find this, please move as necessary.

A labour MP has slated the royals, Harry in particular, stating that, among other things, Harry can't fly a helicopter, but 'just sits there going vroom vroom,' William and Harry are both thick, and it's an outrage that William and Kate spent £150 on Prince George's school uniform jumper. Ms Coad has received death threats after these remarks and been told not to leave home alone. She is a member of a campaign group for a republic.

The woman is just being nasty. Maybe Harry did fail his pilot exam, I don't know, I did get the impression from documentaries that he operates the gun while someone else pilots, but it must take a lot of skill to hit anything from so high up, he is a qualified officer at the rank of captain, did two stints in Afghanistan, William definitely is a qualified helicopter pilot, and has a degree, and lots of schools, private or not, have expensive uniforms.

She said lots of other horrible things too. It really shows a lack of maturity from her rather than anything bad about the BRF, who after all can't answer back.

You could hardly accuse Prince Harry of doing the bare minimum. Nobody forced him to create the Invictus Games, or set up Sentebale. Apart from him being into hunting, which his mother abhorred, I think PH is a good guy.
Harry's former commanding officer has written a letter to Emma Coad regarding her mischaracterization of Harry's military record. Apparently, Harry also won an award for best co-pilot gunner during his time in the military, which I don't think we knew about before. His commanding officer also said that it was striking how modest Harry was, and it was extremely hard to convince Harry that he got to where he did not because of his position in the royal family, but rather of his own accord. I read this article earlier in the week, but didn't post it because I found it to be so repulsive, especially the week of IG.

This woman has also backtracked from her initial statement. First is that she had someone tell her what she said as fact, then she was joking. She later released a statement that basically said because Grendel Tower happened, she can slander whomever she wishes to and not apologize. What's even more insulting is the fact that she approved and commanded the Grenfell refurbishment.

Last edited:
I just find it disgusting someone try to tarnish ANYONE's military service. She should be drummed out of office/town.

LaRae

I just find it disgusting someone try to tarnish ANYONE's military service. She should be drummed out of office/town.

LaRae

People like her thinks this keeps them relevant. It's disgusting.

I can remember that award being given to Harry, and how he hadn't wanted to take it. Basically the woman is delusional and ignorant. The set up of an Apache helicopter doesn't allow for anyone to sit behind the co-pilot and actually fly the plane! Huge chip on shoulder over royalty, methinks.

I understand Emma Coad won her seat with an absolute minimum of votes.

Judging from her sense of behavior, what she is saying and how she is justifying it, she is forever destined to be a back-bencher. To be forgotten after at most a couple of elections.
Since she can't accomplish anything, because no one can take her seriously, she has to make sure she is noticed otherwise. Unfortunately one sure way to do that is to say something outrageous. Facts doesn't matter, as long as she is noticed...
She may even believe she is right, which IMO only confirms the notion that she really is stupid.
To use the Grenville tragedy to justify her tirades is even more insulting to the victims than anything she believes the BRF are doing.

What it is BTW with the British MP's these days? Some of them have said things recently that must have lowered the standard for stupid behavior by orders of magnitudes!
I thought our current MP's over here say some pretty stupid things, but they are amateurs in comparison! :ermm:

Has the palace announced when is the next royal engagement on Harry's calendar?

Prince Harry will present the Employer Recognition Scheme Gold Awards at the Imperial War Museum on Monday 9th October.

That's the next one I can find.

Is it later in Oct when Harry goes to Scandinavia?

LaRae

October 25th and 26th if I remember right. He's to meet with Queen "Daisy" Margrethe II of Denmark on the 25th. Two of my favorite royals meeting up. I'll definitely been keeping my eyes open for news about this trip. :D

Thanks! Will be watching this trip too!

LaRae

Court Circular

Kensington Palace
2nd October, 2017
Prince Henry of Wales this morning arrived at Heathrow Airport, London, from Canada.
Mr Edward Lane Fox and Mr Jason Knauf were in attendance.

Edward Lane Fox?

Court Circular

Kensington Palace
2nd October, 2017
Prince Henry of Wales this morning arrived at Heathrow Airport, London, from Canada.
Mr Edward Lane Fox and Mr Jason Knauf were in attendance.

Thank you for posting the return info. Does this mean they returned on a commercial flight? who are Harry's travel companions? are they equerries ? Secretaries? advisors?

The sad implication is Harry and Meg's are not together this week.:sad:

I think Harry usually travels commerical...coach.

LaRae

Thank you for posting the return info. Does this mean they returned on a commercial flight? who are Harry's travel companions? are they equerries ? Secretaries? advisors?

Commercial flight. Business class I should think.

Edward Lane Fox is Private Secretary and Knauf is Communications Secretary for Cambridges and Harry.

Also security but they are never mentioned

I think that if he where to stay it would of caused problems like the last time he was on tour and instead of going back to England he went to Toronto. Now that he is officially home, he can do what he pleases.
Save

I think that if he where to stay it would of caused problems like the last time he was on tour and instead of going back to England he went to Toronto. Now that he is officially home, he can do what he pleases.
Save

That's what I was thinking. Do they usually put out return flights or landing? That doesn't count as an event. Going early isn't as much an issue since he could be checking on the preparations. He doesn't have anything on his calendar until next week.

That's what I was thinking. Do they usually put out return flights or landing? That doesn't count as an event. Going early isn't as much an issue since he could be checking on the preparations. He doesn't have anything on his calendar until next week.

I think so. That's one of the reasons we knew he didn't return directly to London after the Caribbean tour.

We don't know about any engagements besides the ones announced for next week but it's possible that he has one or two that we don't yet know about. Or perhaps he has other personal business.

I just found out on the 11th that Harry will do this engagement-found it on a Prince Harry tumblr:
PRINCE HARRY WILL ATTEND A 100 WOMEN IN FINANCE RECEPTION AND GALA DINNER IN AID OF @WELLCHILD AT THE @V_AND_A ON WEDNESDAY 11TH OCTOBER.

Will he be on air talking, will he be live or will it be prerecorded?

Harry's really coming into his ambassador role. Can't wait for his Chicago visit!

Someone on Twitter said it was a slap in the face to Will that he was not invited and that it must sting William. I think it just that Harry is much closer to the Obama.

That's just ridiculous. William and Harry have their own things apart from each other too. Neither of them is going to be 'stung' about not getting invited to X.

LaRae

There also may be another distinct possibility. Its possible that for this event, the invitation was sent to The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry as the foundation does have a youth leadership program called Coach Core. The decision for Harry to go and attend may have been a joint decision.

To imply that William was slighted or overlooked by anyone is pure imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom