General News for Prince Harry, Part 1: December 2016 - November 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily Beast has his say on the differences between the two Royal brothers.

Why The Public Loves Prince Harry, Not William - The Daily Beast

He's got a few points but William is not open and comfortable in the public glare. That's his personality.
He's not blessed with a personality like Harry, who can crash into people and still be liked. - And even if he had, he probably wouldn't get away with it to nearly the same extent as Harry.

There is also, methinks, a lot of feeling sorry for the press. Bou hou.
Why should anyone feel sorry for the press? A lot of the time journalists don't even get basic facts right - that is, when they don't follow their own agenda anyway.
Why shouldn't William wish to protect his private life, the little he has? In this day an age with cameras everywhere, he has to assume he's being filmed anytime he's outside his home.
Why should William fake that he likes the press and media attention? Co-operate with the press, yes. But fawn them? Ha!

William not being popular with the press is one thing. The press don't like him because he doesn't play the 'game'

As far the public goes, that's another story. William is very well liked, He's one of the most popular royals, has been his entire life,

Reporters live inside a hypersensitive media bubble and are as about as disconnected from real life as is possible.

Ask the average person on the street what they think about William and their answer will be different from a press reporter,

Back to Harry-

Harry is a little more open and comfortable with the people. He acts like he's a dad or big brother to the kids he interact with. He's still himself, but he's just a little more careful than before. I think he want people to take him and his work serious.

I also think he's thinking about becoming a family man. He's a grown up now.

Well, to be honest I think that Harry has always been like this. He is just more mature now and acts accordingly. But it is his nature to be open, caring and good at interacting with children.

Well, to be honest I think that Harry has always been like this. He is just more mature now and acts accordingly. But it is his nature to be open, caring and good at interacting with children.

Its like you want to be his friend and he talks to you like you're friends. It's a funny thing. My mother is more drawn to Harry too.

Its like you want to be his friend and he talks to you like you're friends. It's a funny thing. My mother is more drawn to Harry too.

Yes, I agree. I will probably be laughed at for saying this, but I see Diana when he talks to people. I don't know why: the gestures, the facial expressions. I just see Diana.

I would definitely agree as I also see a lot of Diana's mannerisms in Harry. So many pictures and video of Harry at events holding babies or interacting with people, especially children reminds me of Diana.

Prince William is very responsible because he has children and a wife. He will be Prince of Wales. He will be King. He was born to be King.

Prince Harry, on the other hand, is the spare. He will probably be a Prince of Wales or Duke of York or Duke of Sussex, and he will not have to be a "responsible royal".

Yes, I agree. I will probably be laughed at for saying this, but I see Diana when he talks to people. I don't know why: the gestures, the facial expressions. I just see Diana.

I see her in both of them. Of course we would, but in a weird way, she comes out in them every now and then. I'm sure their families see it too. She's gone, but in a way she's not.

Prince William is very responsible because he has children and a wife. He will be Prince of Wales. He will be King. He was born to be King.

Prince Harry, on the other hand, is the spare. He will probably be a Prince of Wales or Duke of York or Duke of Sussex, and he will not have to be a "responsible royal".

He won't be a Prince of Wales or Duke of York, as his brother (should) hold that title and his uncle holds the other.
Despite being the spare Henry has to be a responsible Royal, particularly until George becomes of age because Henry will still be in the public eye. To be anything but responsible is bad for PR.

Harry gets a bit of a free pass from some people as he is single. He isn't married or has kids. He is a bachelor. So him going off for a wedding in Jamaica, or hunting or such is not unusual to people. William on the other hand is both. And we have been told they live in the country and do limited work as they want to focus on the family. So people expect him to be home with his wife and kids. Seeing him partying and flirting seemingly with other women, is considered extremely inappropriate by many. The behaviour of a bachelor is expected to be different then a family man.

There is also difference of roles. William is the future king. Yes Harry will obviously always have duties, but his place is different. He is along the lines of Edward and Andrew in regards to Charles. No one expects Andrew or Edward to carry out as much as Charles. Same goes for Harry.

Harry does get some unfair pr. They all do. Harry and the yorks are constantly portrayed as party glers and heavy drinkers. All three certainly have active social lives, but little different then any single person their age does. Harry gets it easier as they do at least focus on his patronages. Eugenie and Bea get almost no attention on their charity work. Even charity trips get a party spin (trip for UN award she was giving in New York, was reduced to Bea going out for dinner with a fashion designer). Most if the news if the work they do we get from social media and non main stream news sources.

When Harry marries, he will face the same scrutiny about his social life. He too will be expected to be a family man. But comparing the bachelor younger son, to the married future king father of two, makes little sense.

The press chiefly just try to think of stuff to talk about and stir up. Those who've followed the Royals over the years already can glean some of the differences in PW and PH personalities. The most important positives are the love both their parents gave them, particularly their mother, and the fact of how close they are as brothers. :)

We don't have any way to truly know in detail how their mother's death personally affected them, but it surely impacted them both during their adolescence and has in part shaped the men they have become. We can see some evidence in videos and interviews of them together and individually the continuing influence their mother's love and her early death has had on the shaping of their characters, and especially on their attitudes toward the media.

Most of all, I think William and Harry are both goodhearted young men who want to enjoy their private lives away from the public glare as much as possible. And they also clearly want to fulfill their royal duties in a way that respects their grandmother (HRM) and royal traditions, and above all in a way that honors their mother's memory.

The behaviour of a bachelor is expected to be different then a family man.

As Osipi said in another thread, William is married, not buried. I think most people would say going out with friends for a night or weekend is a healthy thing

I certainly hope the definition of a family man doesn't mean spending 24/7 with your wife and children.

No harm letting your hair down once an awhile.

Harry pays the price for Will's dad dance as cancelling a trip he was planning to the lively Swiss resort

Harry pays for William's dance as HIS ski trip is axed ** | Daily Mail Online

Seems more probable, as the article suggests, that it's a reaction to William's privacy being invaded:
"William is said to be incandescent after the pictures of him partying went public and has vowed never to go dancing in Verbier again. The friend added: 'The mood in Verbier is very pro-William. No one here thinks he did anything wrong. The worry is that the whole incident will affect Verbier's reputation as a haven for royals and high society.' "
Absolutely. I agree. Of course William did nothing 'wrong.' Those videos were not okay. :sad:

Prince William was out in public. He had no reasonable grounds to demand privacy. The reality is you live in modern times, anyone with a brain knows every second person will have a smart phone to video tape. Now if he was at a private resort and paps were snapping photos that is another matter.

Harry's ski trip was unsubstantiated rumors anyways. And I highly doubt his brother being photographed would stop him. No matter where they go, it happens.

If he isn't going it is because he doesn't want to. He just got back from Jamaica and went to Norway.

I see her in both of them. Of course we would, but in a weird way, she comes out in them every now and then. I'm sure their families see it too. She's gone, but in a way she's not.
Agreed. Her impact upon their lives is going to be mirrored in their body language and expressions.

I've singled out Harry as this is a thread about him. But in a way I see Lady D also in William, but mostly on his looks.:flowers:

Sometimes Harry moves in a way that reminds me of his mom ..and his dad. Same with William but William (reminding us of his mom) seems to be more noticable to me because he favors her ...although as William has gotten older I see Charles more in how he moves/stands at times.

The other day I saw a pic of Harry casually walking and it was much like Diana.

Funny how that all works!

LaRae

Harry pays the price for Will's dad dance as cancelling a trip he was planning to the lively Swiss resort

Harry pays for William's dance as HIS ski trip is axed ** | Daily Mail Online

This party was to promote Jacobi Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe's record label. The probability that Harry ever intended to attend a promotional party hosted by crazy for publicity Jacobi is nil, IMO. In fact I'd guess Harry hasn't interacted much w/ Jacobi, if at all, since he broke up w/ Jacobi's half sister

No, I don't believe this story at all. I believe Harry has a meeting scheduled for this Friday, which would make timing tight for any weekend in Switzerland. Jacobi has never been close to Harry. He was always Chelsy Dayy's friend in the old days.

This article doesn't make sense anyway as if Harry wished to go and see the newly married Inskips on their skiing holiday it would be at Zermatt, another resort completely from Verbier, no matter what William did or didn't do.

Last edited:
Sometimes Harry moves in a way that reminds me of his mom ..and his dad. Same with William but William (reminding us of his mom) seems to be more noticable to me because he favors her ...although as William has gotten older I see Charles more in how he moves/stands at times.

The other day I saw a pic of Harry casually walking and it was much like Diana.

Funny how that all works!

LaRae

William in his more reserved moments reminds me of Diana in her shy mode, while I see her ability to connect so well with individuals when Harry leans in, smiles and clearly makes a person feel like he or she is the only thing he's interested in at that moment.

On the other hand, when William opens up, I see echoes of Charles or Prince Philip at their jolliest, while I see Charles' body language and expression come through most in Harry in those rare moments where Harry seems subdued or moody.

No, I don't believe this story at all. I believe Harry has a meeting scheduled for this Friday, which would make timing tight for any weekend in Switzerland. Jacobi has never been close to Harry. He was always Chelsy Dayy's friend in the old days.

This article doesn't make sense anyway as if Harry wished to go and see the newly married Inskips on their skiing holiday it would be at Zermatt, another resort completely from Verbier, no matter what William did or didn't do.

Yeah, this story smacks of -- at most -- of someone who doesn't know Harry nearly as well as he claims to now trying to save face in the aftermath of empty claims that "for sure" the Prince would "definitely" be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! Well, I suppose if your firm is holding a party at a club, best that rumours float around that a well known Prince will be there. In the days when Harry and Chelsy were in on-off mode it was said that Jacobi was very much a Chelsy advocate. Although the two men did see each other occasionally when Cress and Harry were dating, under no circumstances could they be said to be close friends.

However, the rest of it doesn't make sense either. Harry could go over to Zermatt during the week if he wanted to see Skip and Lara without fuss. It might well be an excuse by the tabloids to print some more Will dad-dancing photos, but that would be on them not Harry.

Last edited:
That's great idea to have some training so he can make sure he says the right things etc. Good on him for being so involved with this work

Emily Andrews, and others on Twitter, and DM have reported that Harry has undergone a two day introductory counselling course in order to empathise with and help the wounded and maimed vets he meets in the course of some of his work.

https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/status/847207275848765444

Prince Harry reveals mental health training | Daily Mail Online
Good for Harry! Certainly gives him some more insight into the various forms of assistance that therapists provide to injured vets.

Have to say that I'm fed up with a certain segment of the DM's comment section who are determined to bash any efforts that he makes regarding his work with the vets and mental health.

This is one thing I really do admire about Harry. Just the actions he takes sometimes when he's involved with something. Not just putting his name as a patron on a letterhead or showing up for photo ops but actively getting into the thick of things. It shows real commitment on his part and you know when you see Harry standing up somewhere and addressing an issue, he knows what he is talking about.

Agreed Osipi. He had taken the intiative to take extra training so he can really offer more than his name to his work. He really dives into the charities he is involved with, not simply walking with the wounded and Invictus. It shows great commitment and passions not simply pr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom