The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-27-2017, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

No, I don't believe this story at all. I believe Harry has a meeting scheduled for this Friday, which would make timing tight for any weekend in Switzerland. Jacobi has never been close to Harry. He was always Chelsy Dayy's friend in the old days.

This article doesn't make sense anyway as if Harry wished to go and see the newly married Inskips on their skiing holiday it would be at Zermatt, another resort completely from Verbier, no matter what William did or didn't do.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Sometimes Harry moves in a way that reminds me of his mom ..and his dad. Same with William but William (reminding us of his mom) seems to be more noticable to me because he favors her ...although as William has gotten older I see Charles more in how he moves/stands at times.

The other day I saw a pic of Harry casually walking and it was much like Diana.

Funny how that all works!

LaRae
William in his more reserved moments reminds me of Diana in her shy mode, while I see her ability to connect so well with individuals when Harry leans in, smiles and clearly makes a person feel like he or she is the only thing he's interested in at that moment.

On the other hand, when William opens up, I see echoes of Charles or Prince Philip at their jolliest, while I see Charles' body language and expression come through most in Harry in those rare moments where Harry seems subdued or moody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
No, I don't believe this story at all. I believe Harry has a meeting scheduled for this Friday, which would make timing tight for any weekend in Switzerland. Jacobi has never been close to Harry. He was always Chelsy Dayy's friend in the old days.

This article doesn't make sense anyway as if Harry wished to go and see the newly married Inskips on their skiing holiday it would be at Zermatt, another resort completely from Verbier, no matter what William did or didn't do.
Yeah, this story smacks of -- at most -- of someone who doesn't know Harry nearly as well as he claims to now trying to save face in the aftermath of empty claims that "for sure" the Prince would "definitely" be there.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes! Well, I suppose if your firm is holding a party at a club, best that rumours float around that a well known Prince will be there. In the days when Harry and Chelsy were in on-off mode it was said that Jacobi was very much a Chelsy advocate. Although the two men did see each other occasionally when Cress and Harry were dating, under no circumstances could they be said to be close friends.

However, the rest of it doesn't make sense either. Harry could go over to Zermatt during the week if he wanted to see Skip and Lara without fuss. It might well be an excuse by the tabloids to print some more Will dad-dancing photos, but that would be on them not Harry.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Emily Andrews, and others on Twitter, and DM have reported that Harry has undergone a two day introductory counselling course in order to empathise with and help the wounded and maimed vets he meets in the course of some of his work.

https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...07275848765444

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-training.html
Old 03-30-2017, 01:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

That's great idea to have some training so he can make sure he says the right things etc. Good on him for being so involved with this work
Old 03-30-2017, 02:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Emily Andrews, and others on Twitter, and DM have reported that Harry has undergone a two day introductory counselling course in order to empathise with and help the wounded and maimed vets he meets in the course of some of his work.

https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...07275848765444

Prince Harry reveals mental health training | Daily Mail Online
Good for Harry! Certainly gives him some more insight into the various forms of assistance that therapists provide to injured vets.

Have to say that I'm fed up with a certain segment of the DM's comment section who are determined to bash any efforts that he makes regarding his work with the vets and mental health.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:06 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is one thing I really do admire about Harry. Just the actions he takes sometimes when he's involved with something. Not just putting his name as a patron on a letterhead or showing up for photo ops but actively getting into the thick of things. It shows real commitment on his part and you know when you see Harry standing up somewhere and addressing an issue, he knows what he is talking about.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:30 AM
Majesty

Agreed Osipi. He had taken the intiative to take extra training so he can really offer more than his name to his work. He really dives into the charities he is involved with, not simply walking with the wounded and Invictus. It shows great commitment and passions not simply pr.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Aristocracy

It seems to me one of the perks to being a younger sibling in a royal family is that you are not only allowed but seemingly encouraged to pick a "specialty" issue and really dig into understanding it deeply and making charitable efforts with that issue your life's work.

The monarch can show some degree of leaning towards areas of personal interest, but ultimately The Queen's official schedule consists of visits to a highly varied assortment of sites and organizations. And while those in line for the throne have more leeway than the sovereign for pursuing personal areas of interest take center stagel, they still have to prepare for being a "jack of all trades." It wouldn't make much sense for William to pursue extra training like these counseling courses, because no matter what cause interests him he'll never be able to delve in quite as deeply into it as Harry can with veteran care.

Charles is lucky, of course, that he is deeply interested in agricultural issues that fall right in line with the management of the Duchy of Cornwall, giving him an outlet that is satisfying without seeming to improperly favor one sort of organization over others. The same goes for the Queen and the joy she finds in animal husbandry, which can be attended to during her private time. But it must be nice -- relatively freeing, really -- for a lesser royal to be allowed to take their interests beyond the realm of private pursuits and craft schedules of public engagements that deal more directly with their own concerns and talents.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Good post looneytick.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:40 PM
Majesty

I agree. Excellent post. Perhaps this is one of the biggest advantages to the Queen's longevity is that she has adult grandchildren in William and his wife, Kate along with Harry. They've been fortunate to be able to ease into their public royal lives and had the time to figure out what they're passionate about doing. In doing so, they've been able to set up their own foundation which, over the years will serve as an umbrella covering multitudes of patronages and charities. Just watching how they're getting on with Heads Together, we've seen all three royals taking the issue of mental health to their own specific areas of interest.

Its been amazing to watch and see how they're growing into their royal lives. Harry especially as he seems to be personally passionate about what he is doing to make a difference and seems to appreciate the global stage which his royal birthright has given him.

They will go far as the years go by.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:10 PM
Majesty

From the Daily Telegraph - about the training both Harry and William have had

"Prince Harry, who underwent a training course to help people suffering mental health crises when he worked in the Army's personal recovery unit, has campaigned for those in the Armed Forces to stop feeling ashamed about admitting they have a problem.

And the Duke of Cambridge has taken courses on mental health issues as part of his work as an air ambulance pilot."

It is a good article

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry join together to 'shatter the stigma' of mental illness

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-03-2017, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

"Harry may be feeling the pressure to impress girlfriend Meghan Markle"

"Harry has reportedly been mocked by friends for waxing his chest since dating the Suits star last summer. But the royal no doubt wants to keep the hair on his head as long as possible.
"

Has Prince Harry turned to CAVIAR pills to cure baldness? | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-03-2017, 08:43 AM
Majesty

Blecccch. More Daily Fail stories about inconsequential things to take up space in their publications. Where's my bird when I need him?
Old 05-03-2017, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Gosh, I read that ridiculous stuff about Harry supposedly waxing his chest (which he hasn't) and his bald spot months ago in the DM. Has the Daily Fail turned to cannabilising their old news items more than usual now? What a yawn! Anyway, if we are talking bald spots in the BRF, William's has spread practically all over the top of his head and has been that way for years!

By the way, Harry was on all the TV news channels here tonight for a different reason than his hair, his coming to Sydney in June for Invictus! Hurray!
Old 05-11-2017, 01:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry set to take over the role Head of the Marines from Prince Philip-
Prince Harry is set to become head of the Royal Marines | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-11-2017, 01:49 AM
Heir Apparent

This will be a good fit for Harry. As it states in the article he has had dealings with them before.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:34 AM
Heir Apparent

More forces veterans seeking mental health help after Harry campaign | Daily Mail Online

The Daily Fail reports a large number of ex vets are now seeking help for psychological problems following the Heads Together campaign and Harry speaking of his issues in not speaking out for years following his mother's death.

If true this is great as people do need to seek help if they need it. My only caveat is whether there are enough mental health professionals and counsellors available without extremely long waiting times.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:50 AM
Majesty

That is great!
If it is because of Harry and his personal story, the veterans chose to come forward, he will have accomplished more than most people do in a lifetime. Especially if this starts a trend where it become generally acceptable for veterans to ask for help.

A real tough macho-man is cool, unaffected and don't need help. - Until he suffers a nervous breakdown that is...
Old 05-23-2017, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Students demand retake of English test with 'mumbly' Prince Harry speech

Quote:
Students in western Germany launched an online petition in protest at an English test with a speech by Prince Harry that neither they nor native-speaking teachers could understand.

Around 100,000 tenth grade students in Germany’s most populous state of North Rhine Westphalia (NRW) took part in a statewide English test last week, according to Spiegel. High stakes were involved for the teens, because the test makes up 50 percent of their final English grade, which then determines whether they may go into a higher level curriculum.

But some of the teens found parts of the test far too difficult. In an exercise to test listening comprehension, students were played a speech by British Prince Harry, which Bergisch Gladbach native Dario Schramm said was so mumbly, that they could barely understand a single word.
Read more: https://www.thelocal.de/20170522/stu...e-harry-speech