The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2017, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This thread is for Harry's general news, so posts about Harry and Meghan's relationship have been moved to the Harry and Meghan thread. Please keep this thread on-topic.

Old 10-15-2017, 04:14 AM
Courtier

Might it be seen as a bit too political for William at this point to associate too closely w/ Obama since the current president of the USA is from a different political party?

Old 10-15-2017, 04:27 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really do think it has more to do with the organizations that they're involved with rather than on politics. It does seem like there is an easygoing friendship between those that spearhead the projects (Obamas, W&K&H) and that has to be a positive asset.

All the organizations that these people are involved with are not political in any sense and all of them seek to benefit the people that need them. Whether it be youth leadership in Chicago or supporting and bolstering the lives of wounded warriors or protecting the environment and the animals that live in it, its quite easy to see that their efforts are humanitarian rather than politically orientated.

I've always said that if these organizations make a difference in one person's life, then it is all worthwhile. One does not have to like a certain person and his methods or his politics to appreciate and support what that person is trying to do on a humanitarian level.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Might it be seen as a bit too political for William at this point to associate too closely w/ Obama since the current president of the USA is from a different political party?
You're right, Obama is not president, so its not a political event. It is a charity event run by a former president.

Besides it isn't William meeting with members of the British parliament, or with a commonwealth country. No worries he would be accused of trying to meddle in politics like Charles has been accused. The US is out of his wheel house.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Please note that posts relating to Harry receiving a Spanish Order have been moved to the The Royal Family Order (RFO) and other Royal Orders and Decorations thread.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:05 PM
Majesty

A tasty education

I am aghast! I am dumbfounded! OMG! One of the most delicious, most gooiest, most scrumptious treats in the world has eluded our Prince Harry!

Its been revealed that Harry has never, ever tasted a s'more! I would seriously love to be the fly on the wall if and when he does sink his teeth into this delicious treat. As a former Girl Scout and Girl Scout leader, life is just not as good without s'mores!

For those who haven't heard of s'mores, they're easy to make. You need:

Graham crackers
Hershey chocolate bars
Marshmallows roasted over a campfire

Put a layer of the chocolate bar onto a graham cracker. Then add the roasted marshmallow and cover with another graham cracker and squish. They're so good, you want s'more!

https://www.aol.com/article/lifestyl...more/23258478/

BTW: the photo gallery of Harry with kids is just too cute for words. That is something I'll never tire of. Seeing Harry's expressions when he's around kids.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:58 PM
Courtier

I read that he didn't eat s'mores because he finds marshmallows too sweet.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:04 PM
Majesty

That's a logical reason for not eating a marshmallow in my book as I do not have much of a sweet tooth myself. But even though they're so sweet, they taste so wonderful roasted over an open fire. I even like mine burnt.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:57 AM
Heir Apparent

According to the CC Harry left Denmark on the 26th and flew to Norfolk, landing at an RAF base there. Probably relaxing a bit with the Cambridges at Anmer, or perhaps Wood Farm until he flies to Chicago. There are generally shoots going on at this time of the year.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:17 PM
Gentry

OT, but I love the word Marshmallow. We had a pet rat called it, or Marshie for short. She was a little love.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:23 PM
Majesty

My daughter loved rabbits and had white ones. One was called Cotton and one was called Marshmallow. She was also a Girl Scout like her mom.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:03 AM
Heir Apparent

A view of Harry, and his evolution up to now, from the pages of Tatler magazine, December 2017.

Prince Harry evolution: Role model, charity work & royal life | Tatler Magazine
Old 11-11-2017, 01:32 AM
Aristocracy

I enjoyed that article. I think Harry takes “duty” very seriously and steps up to the plate. IMO he’s hits a homerun every time we see him.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Missjersey, I totally agree.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:33 AM
Royal Highness

So apparently Harry broke Army rules by appearing in uniform with his beard

Prince Harry breaks military rules by wearing a beard | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry has broken military rules by wearing a beard while on official duty in a British Army uniform.
The 33-year-old retired from active service two years ago, but on Remembrance Sunday appeared with prominent ginger facial hair at the Cenotaph in London as a senior Blues and Royals officer.
A serving member in the elite cavalry regiment said: 'Prince Harry is letting us all down. There's no place for beards in the Queen's cavalry. He should have shaved it off for such an important day.'
Old 11-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

He wasn't on official military duty I don't believe. That's the 'duty' it would refer to, not a BRF official engagement.

LaRae
Old 11-12-2017, 03:09 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry I’m not good at posting pictures but maybe someone can. George V had a beard 1919
Old 11-12-2017, 04:09 PM
Majesty

The rule does exist, with the exception of the Pioneer Corp. but he is no longer in the Military so I dont think the rule applies.

Beard ok for the navy; moustaches ok for army and RAF

What I dont understand is why he is wearing that uniform. He does not hold any army post. He does have honourary navy and airforce positions so it would make sense to wear one of those.

When someone leaves the services, they dont carry on wearing their uniform.

There is probably a reason but I have no idea what it is.

EDIT. Have been sent the following by ex army

Full Uniform (which includes headdress and cap badges), may be worn on specified official occasions by ex-servicemen, providing the letter 'R' depicting 'Retired' is worn, is provided at individual expense, and agreed in advance,on request, by the relevant MOD department. It is not however a practice which is encouraged; eg. it is not normal for retired officers to wear their old uniform on Remembrance Sunday, or any other occasion, unless the officer was acting in an official or representative capacity.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-12-2017, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness

IF it were really verboten [amongst Princes] Prince Michael of Kent would NEVER have worn a uniform, and HMQ would have had a sharp word with her grandson beforehand...
Old 11-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
IF it were really verboten [amongst Princes] Prince Michael of Kent would NEVER have worn a uniform, and HMQ would have had a sharp word with her grandson beforehand...
But I wanted to know WHY is was allowed, not just accept as thats how it works.
I’m happy now I know cos Ive wondered for yrs.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,