The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-28-2017, 03:25 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
People are going to glean from things whatever they want to. Each person finds their own truth in things which is the reason why there is never "the truth" in anything. Truth is a personal belief.

This happens with just about everyone in the public eye. Of course, when we look at it, HM, The Queen, as you state, she is the most beloved, popular, iconic, famous and most successful head of state in the world. A good reasoning behind that is she is a master of not letting her personal views out and refuses to give interviews. I think she's onto something here.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Can I just point out that the vast majority of us do not entirely love our work, but that most of us do a darn good job!
I always tell people that if it it were a great giggle no one would pay us to do it!
Ruling is an unrelenting and unforgiving job for life. Would I chose that? Heck no! Could I do that with enough training, support of coworkers, breaks and opportunities? Maybe but likely not. I'm just being honest.
And it is yet another reason I think we admire great royalty. Tiaras aside, it's a challenging profession!

Old 06-28-2017, 08:53 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It also can be seen as a life sentence with no chance of parole or pardon.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Unless you're the Duke of Windsor, of course! Seriously though, Harry said something in the interview about going up to the meat counter at the supermarket and wondering whether someone had their camera out while he was doing it. The BRF are like zoo animals aren't they really? Nice to look at and take photos of but on show almost all the time and never able to move out of their environment.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
People are going to glean from things whatever they want to. Each person finds their own truth in things which is the reason why there is never "the truth" in anything. Truth is a personal belief.

This happens with just about everyone in the public eye. Of course, when we look at it, HM, The Queen, as you state, she is the most beloved, popular, iconic, famous and most successful head of state in the world. A good reasoning behind that is she is a master of not letting her personal views out and refuses to give interviews. I think she's onto something here.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want HM to start giving interviews, but I for one thinks she would have been very good at it.

She would have charmed the interviewer with her charismatic style and probably scared the hell out of him/her.

Andrew Marr and Jeremy Paxman have said that they would be terrified of interviewing her, but she could of course end up with being interviewed by Oprah (not likely since she is american) or Barbara Walters (not likely given her age and frailty and the fact that she too is american) or (even worse) Piers Morgan.

So no, your Majesty, stay away from interviews.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:23 AM
Majesty

Aren't there any really good British interviewers left these days?
Old 06-29-2017, 10:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Don't get me wrong, I don't want HM to start giving interviews, but I for one thinks she would have been very good at it.

She would have charmed the interviewer with her charismatic style and probably scared the hell out of him/her.

Andrew Marr and Jeremy Paxman have said that they would be terrified of interviewing her, but she could of course end up with being interviewed by Oprah (not likely since she is american) or Barbara Walters (not likely given her age and frailty and the fact that she too is american) or (even worse) Piers Morgan.

So no, your Majesty, stay away from interviews.
I'm not sure she would be good at it. It's hard to believe, but she's shy. She has given voiceovers though. She's also answered some media questions in the past. She's also from a time when monarchs didn't give interviews and commentary. That's not how Charles, William and George will be.

It's always good to hear from the royals. They have to give interviews to help promote their causes and work as royals.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-29-2017, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Katie Hopkins puts the boot into Harry. She and Piers Morgan always cater to the lowest common denominator. Can't stand either one.

Katie Hopkins: Do we really need the Royal family? | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-29-2017, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Aren't there any really good British interviewers left these days?
There are some, but most British interviewers are arrogant, have an agenda, and don't let people answer their questions before they interrupt. They shall of course be tough and inquiring, but there has to be boundaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I'm not sure she would be good at it. It's hard to believe, but she's shy. She has given voiceovers though. She's also answered some media questions in the past. She's also from a time when monarchs didn't give interviews and commentary. That's not how Charles, William and George will be.

It's always good to hear from the royals. They have to give interviews to help promote their causes and work as royals.
1. Yes, HM is a bit shy, but she's charismatic, wise and very good with people. Walkabouts 1970-2012, driving in open cars (the Queenmobile) 1952-2012, very kind/caring to staffers and ordernary people who she meets.

She is also a tough lady and would probably have put them in place and unlike Harry, she wouldn't have been criticized afterwards.

So I agree with what Dickie Arbiter and another former staffer (don't remember his name) at the BP Press Office have said and think she had done very well.

King Harald and Queen Margrethe are more shy than HM and have never been good at personal meetings with people (they have also said so themselves) and have never gone on any proper walkabout in their life, but they are both good at interviews. King Harald is friendly and funny when he is interviewed while QMII is more strict and intellectual.

2. One time in 1987 with Adam Boulton.

3. I don't think Charles and William will give many interviews after they acceded to the throne. The Americans would love it if they did, but I don't think the brits will.

4. No, they don't. I for one would prefer that they didn't (especially after the Harry disaster), but William is pretty good at it, if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Katie Hopkins puts the boot into Harry. She and Piers Morgan always cater to the lowest common denominator. Can't stand either one.

Katie Hopkins: Do we really need the Royal family? | Daily Mail Online
Neither do I.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:38 PM
Majesty

Well, our 'Petulant Piers' got well and truly trolled by his co-host on TV so that makes me feel so much better (I wish I were a nicer person . . . then Piers Morgan opens his opinionated yap again and I'm not).

While sweet Katie may not be my cup of tea, Harry well and truly earned that boot in the exterior posterior. He should have paid attention to that well-known dictum "Keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool or open your mouth and remove all doubt!"
Old 06-29-2017, 11:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
There are some, but most British interviewers are arrogant, have an agenda, and don't let people answer their questions before they interrupt. They shall of course be tough and inquiring, but there has to be boundaries.
That's unfortunately pretty much universal.

The guests are there in order to make the host shine. What they have to say is secondary.
Parkinson were one of the last good interviewers who understood that is was the guests who should be in focus.

Is he even alive? If so, perhaps he could be used?
Old 06-30-2017, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Agree, Muhler! And yes, Parkinson is (I think) alive, but he is in his 80s.

Edit: He is alive and is 82 years old.

The late David Frost was also (at least according to me) a good interviewer.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:46 AM
Majesty

Harry's rhino horror: Prince's close friend is tossed and gored by charging beast as they worked on a wildlife conservation project in Africa

Old 07-02-2017, 04:15 AM
Heir Apparent

How absolutely hideous. I expect all his family and friends are equally horrified. An example of the great dangers involved with working with wild animals I suppose.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:02 AM
Majesty

Royal Correspondent reveals the side to Prince Harry the public doesn't see

"What I've learnt after folllowing Prince Harry around the world"

Prince Harry - Royal correspondent reveals the side to the Prince the public doesn't see
Old 07-15-2017, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry and William had an enjoyable time playing polo at Cirencester yesterday (Aus time) before going on to Highgrove. Glad to see Harry's back must be better.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RegalEyes...55809419718656

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...g-polo-w492550
Old 07-16-2017, 03:46 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry, is to guest edit Radio 4’s flagship current affairs programme Today last week

Old 08-03-2017, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Forbes Magazine profiles the camp where Harry is staying. I've never heard of it. It certainly looks cozy.

Quote:
The Camp, as it is known is a three-day conference combining tech, fashion, and music. Mornings are filled with spirited discussions from education to human rights, how to extend human life and the design of cities of the future, all blending the greatest minds and visionaries, while the afternoons are for pure relaxation and lots of food and drink. Most guests arrive via private helicopter shuttled from Palermo, however, several billionaires currently have their superyachts anchored off the Verdura Resort including; David Geffen (Rising Sun) who has been hosting a slew of famous names on his yacht like NBA star Kevin Durant, Robert Iger (Disney), oil heir Michael Hess and Roman Abramovich to name a few.

On the last evening of the Camp, Google rents out the massive Valley of the Temples ruins for a spectacular concert and sit-down dinner for 300 people. This year the performers were Elton John and Lenny Kravitz (last year Alicia Keyes performed). The guest list is a well-guarded secret amidst massive security, this year’s guests who have been spotted include; Indian billionaire Lakshmi Mittal, Prince Harry,, Emma Watson, a rumored Selena Gomez and many others. Previous years attendees have included; Charlize Theron, Diane Von Furstenberg, Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein, Huffington Post founder Arianna Huffington, fashion designer Tory Burch, and Elon Musk.
Read more: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobs...in-sicily/amp/
Old 08-07-2017, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

More on Harry's trip to Italy

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail
Why was Prince Harry among guests at jaw-droppingly lavish Google camp in Italy last week?

Quote:
His presence at the event this week was not listed on the Court Circular, the official record of royal engagements, but saw him enjoy the opulence of the luxury retreat for the rich and famous, while rubbing shoulders with the likes of Elton John and Emma Watson, as well as Indian billionaire Lakshmi Mittal.
Read more: Prince Harry among guests at Google camp in Italy | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Commoner

That Google camp seems like a good way to do some networking.