General News for Prince Harry, Part 1: December 2016 - November 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Exactly! And the damage is already been done.

I'm (probably what people would call) a non-conservative person who sees myself as quite liberal and who supports that people talk openly about their problems and mental issues.

1. But that doesn't mean that I support that Harry says stupid things like this: ''Is there any one of the royal family who wants to be king or queen? I don’t think so, but we will carry out our duties at the right time.'' And who is afterwards used by the manipulating British press and written like this: ''Harry says no-one in the royal family wants to be monarchs.''

And then the people who didn't even read what Harry really said responded like this: ''He is just a rich privileged guy who whines about doing work and who just want to do the fun stuff.''

People also reacted with anger towards Charles and William because they now think that the two of them dont't want to be monarchs and only want the luxury-lifestyle that comes with being a royal.

So this was stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid and very naive and damaging (to the monarchy) of Harry to say.

2. And it doesn't get better when he also said this in the same interview: ''I felt I wanted out but then decided to stay in and work out a role for myself'', then the press of course told us this: I wanted out.

And then people responded like this: ''If he don't want to continue doing the little he does now, then just leave.''

3. And even worse when he says stupid, ridiculous thing like this: ''We want to make sure the Monarchy lasts and are passionate about what it stands for,’ he explains. ‘We feel that the British public and the whole world needs institutions like this – but it can’t go on as it has done under the Queen.''

There will be changes and pressure to get them right. Things are moving so fast, especially because of social media, so we are involved in modernising the Monarchy.

We are not doing this for ourselves but for the greater good of the people and the Monarchy we represent. There is so much negative in the world – we as a family try to bring something positive.''

I was (as I wrote in another post) very disturbed by it, and I know that many others were too.

And (as I also wrote in another post) I don't think Harry meant anything disrespectfully towards the Queen, but it sounded like it, and people saw this as criticism of the most beloved, popular, iconic, famous and most successful head of state in the world.

4. And if that were not enough, he was also criticized by ordinary people and historians like Kate Williams for ''criticizing the beloved Queen'', something he didn't do at all, but (as I wrote in a previous post) he should be very careful now because the experts/commentators (intentionally) misunderstands everything he says.

Some commentators and ordinary people have also come to the conclusion that Harry blames HM because he had to go behind his mother's coffin.

People are going to glean from things whatever they want to. Each person finds their own truth in things which is the reason why there is never "the truth" in anything. Truth is a personal belief.

This happens with just about everyone in the public eye. Of course, when we look at it, HM, The Queen, as you state, she is the most beloved, popular, iconic, famous and most successful head of state in the world. A good reasoning behind that is she is a master of not letting her personal views out and refuses to give interviews. I think she's onto something here. :D

Can I just point out that the vast majority of us do not entirely love our work, but that most of us do a darn good job!
I always tell people that if it it were a great giggle no one would pay us to do it!
Ruling is an unrelenting and unforgiving job for life. Would I chose that? Heck no! Could I do that with enough training, support of coworkers, breaks and opportunities? Maybe but likely not. I'm just being honest.
And it is yet another reason I think we admire great royalty. Tiaras aside, it's a challenging profession!

:previous: It also can be seen as a life sentence with no chance of parole or pardon. ;)

Unless you're the Duke of Windsor, of course! Seriously though, Harry said something in the interview about going up to the meat counter at the supermarket and wondering whether someone had their camera out while he was doing it. The BRF are like zoo animals aren't they really? Nice to look at and take photos of but on show almost all the time and never able to move out of their environment.

People are going to glean from things whatever they want to. Each person finds their own truth in things which is the reason why there is never "the truth" in anything. Truth is a personal belief.

This happens with just about everyone in the public eye. Of course, when we look at it, HM, The Queen, as you state, she is the most beloved, popular, iconic, famous and most successful head of state in the world. A good reasoning behind that is she is a master of not letting her personal views out and refuses to give interviews. I think she's onto something here. :D
Don't get me wrong, I don't want HM to start giving interviews, but I for one thinks she would have been very good at it.

She would have charmed the interviewer with her charismatic style and probably scared the hell out of him/her.

Andrew Marr and Jeremy Paxman have said that they would be terrified of interviewing her, but she could of course end up with being interviewed by Oprah (not likely since she is american) or Barbara Walters (not likely given her age and frailty and the fact that she too is american) or (even worse) Piers Morgan.

So no, your Majesty, stay away from interviews.

Aren't there any really good British interviewers left these days?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want HM to start giving interviews, but I for one thinks she would have been very good at it.

She would have charmed the interviewer with her charismatic style and probably scared the hell out of him/her.

Andrew Marr and Jeremy Paxman have said that they would be terrified of interviewing her, but she could of course end up with being interviewed by Oprah (not likely since she is american) or Barbara Walters (not likely given her age and frailty and the fact that she too is american) or (even worse) Piers Morgan.

So no, your Majesty, stay away from interviews.

I'm not sure she would be good at it. It's hard to believe, but she's shy. She has given voiceovers though. She's also answered some media questions in the past. She's also from a time when monarchs didn't give interviews and commentary. That's not how Charles, William and George will be.

It's always good to hear from the royals. They have to give interviews to help promote their causes and work as royals.

Last edited:
Aren't there any really good British interviewers left these days?
There are some, but most British interviewers are arrogant, have an agenda, and don't let people answer their questions before they interrupt. They shall of course be tough and inquiring, but there has to be boundaries.

I'm not sure she would be good at it. It's hard to believe, but she's shy. She has given voiceovers though. She's also answered some media questions in the past. She's also from a time when monarchs didn't give interviews and commentary. That's not how Charles, William and George will be.

It's always good to hear from the royals. They have to give interviews to help promote their causes and work as royals.
1. Yes, HM is a bit shy, but she's charismatic, wise and very good with people. Walkabouts 1970-2012, driving in open cars (the Queenmobile) 1952-2012, very kind/caring to staffers and ordernary people who she meets.

She is also a tough lady and would probably have put them in place and unlike Harry, she wouldn't have been criticized afterwards.

So I agree with what Dickie Arbiter and another former staffer (don't remember his name) at the BP Press Office have said and think she had done very well.

King Harald and Queen Margrethe are more shy than HM and have never been good at personal meetings with people (they have also said so themselves) and have never gone on any proper walkabout in their life, but they are both good at interviews. King Harald is friendly and funny when he is interviewed while QMII is more strict and intellectual.

2. One time in 1987 with Adam Boulton.

3. I don't think Charles and William will give many interviews after they acceded to the throne. The Americans would love it if they did, but I don't think the brits will.

4. No, they don't. I for one would prefer that they didn't (especially after the Harry disaster), but William is pretty good at it, if you ask me.

Katie Hopkins puts the boot into Harry. She and Piers Morgan always cater to the lowest common denominator. Can't stand either one.

Katie Hopkins: Do we really need the Royal family? | Daily Mail Online
Neither do I.

Last edited:
Well, our 'Petulant Piers' got well and truly trolled by his co-host on TV so that makes me feel so much better (I wish I were a nicer person . . . then Piers Morgan opens his opinionated yap again and I'm not).

While sweet Katie may not be my cup of tea, Harry well and truly earned that boot in the exterior posterior. He should have paid attention to that well-known dictum "Keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool or open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

There are some, but most British interviewers are arrogant, have an agenda, and don't let people answer their questions before they interrupt. They shall of course be tough and inquiring, but there has to be boundaries.

That's unfortunately pretty much universal.

The guests are there in order to make the host shine. What they have to say is secondary.
Parkinson were one of the last good interviewers who understood that is was the guests who should be in focus.

Is he even alive? If so, perhaps he could be used?

:previous: Agree, Muhler! And yes, Parkinson is (I think) alive, but he is in his 80s.

Edit: He is alive and is 82 years old.

The late David Frost was also (at least according to me) a good interviewer.

Last edited:
Harry's rhino horror: Prince's close friend is tossed and gored by charging beast as they worked on a wildlife conservation project in Africa

Royal Correspondent reveals the side to Prince Harry the public doesn't see

"What I've learnt after folllowing Prince Harry around the world"

Prince Harry - Royal correspondent reveals the side to the Prince the public doesn't see

Prince Harry, is to guest edit Radio 4’s flagship current affairs programme Today last week

Last edited by a moderator:
How absolutely hideous. I expect all his family and friends are equally horrified. An example of the great dangers involved with working with wild animals I suppose.

Forbes Magazine profiles the camp where Harry is staying. I've never heard of it. It certainly looks cozy.

The Camp, as it is known is a three-day conference combining tech, fashion, and music. Mornings are filled with spirited discussions from education to human rights, how to extend human life and the design of cities of the future, all blending the greatest minds and visionaries, while the afternoons are for pure relaxation and lots of food and drink. Most guests arrive via private helicopter shuttled from Palermo, however, several billionaires currently have their superyachts anchored off the Verdura Resort including; David Geffen (Rising Sun) who has been hosting a slew of famous names on his yacht like NBA star Kevin Durant, Robert Iger (Disney), oil heir Michael Hess and Roman Abramovich to name a few.

On the last evening of the Camp, Google rents out the massive Valley of the Temples ruins for a spectacular concert and sit-down dinner for 300 people. This year the performers were Elton John and Lenny Kravitz (last year Alicia Keyes performed). The guest list is a well-guarded secret amidst massive security, this year’s guests who have been spotted include; Indian billionaire Lakshmi Mittal, Prince Harry,, Emma Watson, a rumored Selena Gomez and many others. Previous years attendees have included; Charlize Theron, Diane Von Furstenberg, Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein, Huffington Post founder Arianna Huffington, fashion designer Tory Burch, and Elon Musk.
Read more: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdob...he-verdura-golf-and-spa-resort-in-sicily/amp/

:previous: More on Harry's trip to Italy

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail
Why was Prince Harry among guests at jaw-droppingly lavish Google camp in Italy last week?

His presence at the event this week was not listed on the Court Circular, the official record of royal engagements, but saw him enjoy the opulence of the luxury retreat for the rich and famous, while rubbing shoulders with the likes of Elton John and Emma Watson, as well as Indian billionaire Lakshmi Mittal.
Read more: Prince Harry among guests at Google camp in Italy | Daily Mail Online

That Google camp seems like a good way to do some networking.

:previous: Or looking for people interested in backing a worthwhile charity. ;)

:previous: Or looking for people interested in backing a worthwhile charity. ;)

Of course Osipi. Harry's heart is pure. He would never go on an all inclusive holiday. Harry's heart is pure. We all bow before Harry. My apologies. ;)

I am not Harry so I cannot attest to Harry's thoughts or his motives for doing anything that he does. He may be really chummy with Elton John since childhood. He could really, really believe that Google is his friend. He could have found himself with nothing to do for that time and someone invited him and paid his way for the camp.

I don't feel I can put motives on people I don't know. Your opinion of networking motives and who they're suitable for is as good of an opinion as anyone else's. Only Harry, himself, knows for sure. :D

Well, it did give Harry the opportunity to talk with Larry and Sergey about privacy issues, if he was so inclined.

Networking, networking, networking!! He is the founder of Sentable and also Invictus as well as his advocacy for mental health issues. He represents alot of important issues and is a representative of a pivotal country. He wants to meet them but they ALSO want to meet him for what he brings to the table.

Harry by all means could have gone on vacation. Just like his dad in Greece. His brother and sister in law. Just like any royals. Summer they all do it.

But he isn't in Italy simply on vacation. If he had been, he'd likely have picked something tad more private. He is there attending a conference. Meeting with celebrities and people in different areas is very much a part of the royal job. That us why we see them all, even the queen, attending celebrity events. It gives you ideas, connections and financial links for work you are doing.

Also as we have seen the royals are becoming more media savvy. Interviews on popular radio. Harrys Invictus videos. The conference is great for that.

So who cares, instead of going to a beach like many royals right now, he balanced business with pleasure.

As for not being in the cc.... The Fail always does this. Focuses on foreign events Harry and yorks do and call it holidays.

Simple reason not in cc....not an official visit to the country, not invited. So it's considered a private trip even when charity/work related. Same thing when he was in Africa last summer. He was active volunteering in conservation but was classified as a Safari holiday as it was not on cc.

Not sure why there is so much scrutiny over what Harry does in his private time. Is he supposed to stay stuck behind the palace walls?

:previous:
He is in the dungeon hiding from the media and the DF and all the haters, I pity this young man, he can do no wrong and he can do no right......what's left but the dungeon to play in........?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is for Harry's general news, so all posts regarding Harry and Meghan's relationship, have been moved to Harry's 'relationship suggestions and musings' thread. The relationship thread is closed for now, but will reopen soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom