The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-24-2017, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes of course it was planned earlier, months ago probably, as he will be also helping on elephant conservation projects.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:20 PM
Aristocracy

last time someone went on a 10 day holiday safari they got engaged...lol.

im sure we will eventually find out if the trip was personal or professional.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post

That's it! Harry and Meghan are adopting an elephant. Watch the Fail reflect on this as an "indication" of Meghan's political leanings.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Well we know it's at least partly about charity work....Meghan is filming right now I think...so if he's off getting engaged it's to someone else!

LaRae
Old 06-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post

If Harry's current trip is similar to what he did for 3 weeks, last August in Malawi, it doesn't look very romantic, more like working while away.

https://www.royal.uk/prince-harry-ma...-african-parks

https://500elephants.org/journey-gia...-harry-malawi/
Old 06-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Majesty

Last time a royal went on African Safari was last summer. Harry.

One of the reasons Harrys engagement count is low is because a lot if his work is abroad. His work with elephants last summer were considered a holiday by the press. As this trip is being. The issue falls that since he hasn't been invited by any government it's not considered an official trip. It's considered private. So it doesn't count towards his work for the year. Nor does a lot of work with Invictus, or with walking with the wounded. Only the official events where he had been invited, make the court circular, unless in the UK. With William this isn't an issue, other then official tours, he only works in the UK. Harry is different.

I had to laugh when the price was called expensive. Honestly for a Safari, that isn't expensive. The daily fail trying to stir up issues of course. He is on an expensive vacation, not working with elephants.

This trip would have been planned months if not a year in advance. Possibly shortly after his trip last summer. Certainly long before the article came out.

But maybe he can adopt Meghan a baby elephant as a sponsor.

If and when an engagement comes, it will not be in Africa. He isn't going to copy his brother.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:40 PM
Majesty

Its also very possible that this trip is in conjunction with Harry being an ambassador for United for Wildlife.

Running away from a row over his recent statements is purely made up, sensationalized claptrap that the Fail is noted for.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:31 PM
Serene Highness

Well, nothing would stop him to do that anytime. William and Kate secured the line... (I'm sorry for sounding petulant, but you don't have to tell everything).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_messaging_os2o1mBSxb1qif90g_1280.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	300545  

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 06-24-2017, 07:38 PM
Majesty

Oooooh! Lookee! I want a baby dinosaur in a magic egg that I can hatch all by myself!!

What? Harry? Sorry. Got distracted by magic eggs. And... OOOH! A full sized glossy (GLOSSY yet) wall chart!

Oh yah... Harry. This about the Glosse Posse? Heard they were wild.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

We're living in the wrong place Osipi because I want a real dino egg too!
Old 06-24-2017, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I wanted out, confesses Harry the reluctant prince | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
I wanted out, confesses Harry the reluctant prince: Astonishingly candid interview reveals how he considered quitting his Royal role for 'an ordinary life' - but stayed for the Queen

Yet the truth is that Harry is surprisingly thoughtful about the future of the Monarchy, saying that he and William would like to pull it into the 21st Century.

‘We want to make sure the Monarchy lasts and are passionate about what it stands for,’ he explains. ‘We feel that the British public and the whole world needs institutions like this – but it can’t go on as it has done under the Queen.

‘There will be changes and pressure to get them right. Things are moving so fast, especially because of social media, so we are involved in modernising the Monarchy.

‘We are not doing this for ourselves but for the greater good of the people and the Monarchy we represent. There is so much negative in the world – we as a family try to bring something positive.’

Does he mind dropping from third to fifth in line to the throne after William and Kate’s children, George and Charlotte?

‘The reason I am now fifth is because of my nephew and niece and I could never wish them away,’ he says. ‘They are the most amazing things ever.’
1. They want the monarchy to last? It's not going to last if he doesn't shut up.

2. That prince reminds me more and more of Diana and he's really starting to irritate me.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

If I were Harry, I would beyond pissed on how the media are twisting my innocent words against me. I guess the summer is proving to be to boring for the media. Usually, they're bashing William and Catherine. Now it's Harry's turn. At some point th will get back to the Cambridge's and maybe Andrew and his family.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-24-2017, 08:54 PM
Majesty

According to Camilla Tominey (royal Reporter from Sunday Express) this DM exclusive is an interview with the Newsweek Journalist and includes some items not in the Newsweek article.

Not another Harry interview but just more from the same.

Sack the PR people now!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-24-2017, 08:59 PM
Royal Highness

This interview leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

He has had mental issues, I get it, but he has literally had every single thing handed to him on a silver platter. His life is as priviliged as they come.
There are millions of students trying to scrape in their education and getting themselves into debts of thousands and thousands (including myself), yet he has the audacity to ''want out'' and achieve an ''ordinary life''. Yeah, see how long you will last working more one than job and trying to pay for education, graduate with that pressure, keep up your social life, provide for basic needs, try to get your foot into the job market and seeing the opportunities become less and less due to govermental cuts on healthcare, education, housing etc.

Try and live the ordinary life and then come back and tell me how great it was.

I ain't here for feeling sorry for this heterosexual, straight, white man who has had every privilige and opportunity handed to him. Oh to be rich and upper class, I cannot imagine the struggle.

Perhaps I am twisting his words, but I doubt it. Maybe I'll get dragged, but I don't care. Stop the pityfest and show your work.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
I wanted out, confesses Harry the reluctant prince | Daily Mail Online

1. They want the monarchy to last? It's not going to last if he doesn't shut up.

2. That prince reminds me more and more of Diana and he's really starting to irritate me.

What does Harry mean when he says the monarchy "cannot go on as it has done under the Queen ?" Please get him some PR handlers quickly; he is fast becoming a walking disaster with his "candid interviews".
Old 06-24-2017, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
According to Camilla Tominey (royal Reporter from Sunday Express) this DM exclusive is an interview with the Newsweek Journalist and includes some items not in the Newsweek article.

Not another Harry interview but just more from the same.

Sack the PR people now!
Yes I know. Camilla Tominey wrote that on twitter - the DF article also states that it is the same interview.

Harry is now being praised by republicans. They agree with him, the monarchy cannot go on as it has done under the Queen, it has to go all together when she dies. Even monarchist agree.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Surprising to see some commenting here who would never come onto Harry threads except when he's perceived to have done something wrong that offends them. When he receives praise for something he did wonderfully the silence is deafening.

Harry is due back on Thursday 29th for (the Commonwealth) Young Leaders Award ceremony at BP, with the Queen and other members of the Royal family, so it's a very short 'running away.'

'Charming, energetic, sincere', 'has some of the Royal magic', 'has conquered his demons'. The Newsweek reporter who interviewed him and spent a lot of time with him was greatly impressed, and said so, in this article.

Republicans and the tabloids are always getting stirred up about something. This won't last. Incidentally I have a large family and circle of old friends back in the UK and they aren't stirred up by this at all.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:16 PM
Majesty

The issue has been put very succinctly by The Guardian.

Yes Harry might feel "trapped" and wanted out. Many of us have felt/feel like that.

The difference is he has the means of escape and the vast majority don't. He can go off for a week to Malawi, others cant even leave their homes.

And that is what is annoying people in the UK.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-24-2017, 10:39 PM
Aristocracy

i do think harry said too much, but, i also feel that the writer really took advantage of the fact that he wears his heart on his sleeve and thats a shame
Old 06-24-2017, 10:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The issue has been put very succinctly by The Guardian.

Yes Harry might feel "trapped" and wanted out. Many of us have felt/feel like that.

The difference is he has the means of escape and the vast majority don't. He can go off for a week to Malawi, others cant even leave their homes.

And that is what is annoying people in the UK.
I agree. It's good and all him stating "I want the simple ordinary life", but the majority of us was an uncomplicated life too. He is starting to sound like a whiney over-priviledged man-boy IMHO. I applaud him for speaking out on his mental illness and accepting help and in doing so, he has broken down some walks. But with these interviews, I find myself rolling my eyes at him.

And he will eat his words if he marries and accepts a dukedom.