General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s fairly obvious it was more like the final straw. People from her past (even the ex BFF) have spoken about their very hot and cold relationship. We even have Meghan on video right before college confirming it.

True. And, frankly, after Meghan spent a year under near constant attack (with occasional bouts of gaslighting - "but I love my sister!") from Samantha, while her father tacitly condoned the attacks, it's understandable that the relationship with Thomas would be a bit frosty going into the engagement announcement.

Given that there were credible reports that Thomas refused to stop talking to Samantha *about Meghan* during that time, yes, there are huge red flags that would cause a cautious person to decide that a visit from Harry was very ill-advised.

I have to say, when I saw the article and Thomas' claim that he had to speak out because he was seeing daily negative stories about himself.. well, it seemed like the living embodiment of that Twitter meme....

nobody:

absolutely no-one:

Thomas Markle: You all need to stop saying mean things about me!

Seriously, who was even talking about him?

Without spelling it out...

Hope springs eternal when you love someone, and no doubt Meghan kept hoping her father would ‘straighten up’, but he proved unable. Sad, but it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew Morton who admitted he wasn't able to get anyone besides a bitter ex friend who sold countless videos and photos to the tabloids and her bitter half sister to talk to him?

Yeah, and this was reported ages ago already, when the ex friend sold all her Meghan material to dailymail. Why is it popping up again?

Yeah, and this was reported ages ago already, when the ex friend sold all her Meghan material to dailymail. Why is it popping up again?

Because in the lack of real news, things from the archives are being dug up again, probably.

Even if this is true, Meghan was in good company in shedding tears for Diana during the funeral. I did it myself, along with hundreds of thousands of other people.

Why Meghan broke down in tears when she watched Princess Diana’s funeral
https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...l/news-story/6539cdc5ba4129d01e3076494a682bcb

It would be more newsworthy if she hadn't. My daughter was the same age as Meghan then & she cried, as did millions of other people. Diana's work for those less fortunate inspired many young people to do the same.

££££££££

I suspect because Saturday was the twenty-second anniversary of Diana's death.

Meghan has hired a Hollywood based PR team

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Hollywood-firm-Harvey-Weinstein-enlisted.html

I'm not sure about this hire considering the rogues gallery of clients and the Firm's reputarion. Some have decent reps. Then again palace PR botched the "defense" of Andrew's mess so I can see it for now.

This story is highly doubtful. This Sussexes are putting a legit team together under Palace guardianship. It’s just another fake story with the idea of Meghan snubbing the royal family and making it seem like she need to rehabilitate her image. Just a bunch on nonsense.

Last edited:
Meghan has hired a Hollywood based PR team

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Hollywood-firm-Harvey-Weinstein-enlisted.html

I'm not sure about this hire considering the rogues gallery of clients and the Firm's reputarion. Some have decent reps. Then again palace PR botched the "defense" of Andrew's mess so I can see it for now.

It's best to ignore EVERYTHING in this misleading and AGAIN factually incorrect article, and just go to the last paragraph:

Buckingham Palace said last night that Meghan and Harry hired Sunshine Sachs to help launch their foundation in the US.

Regarding the PR firm, Dan Wooten just tweeted this:

“The PR and crisis management advice provided by Sunshine Sachs to Meghan has been going on for many months. She also took them on to do PR around her Vogue magazine guest edit. There’s much more to come on this.”

Regarding the PR firm, Dan Wooten just tweeted this:

“The PR and crisis management advice provided by Sunshine Sachs to Meghan has been going on for many months. She also took them on to do PR around her Vogue magazine guest edit. There’s much more to come on this.”

Oh dear! If this is true, this could get a lot worse.

Know what I think? I think we should wait and see how the PR staff they've just hired for the soon to be opened foundation until we actually see them in action and then form an opinion. Just going by "Hollywood" or "American" or any other label just doesn't cut it for me at all.

One thing that stood out for me about that announcement though is that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's foundation will have a base (or focus) in the US. This tells me that there's probably some really good and extensive projects in the works that haven't been announced yet. I'm looking forward to the "grand opening" and discovering just what those are. :D

I believe all the royals have the freedom and the right to pick and choose whom they want to work for them in various administrative positions. Harry and Meghan are no different.

Links to articles already posted have been removed. Please make the effort to check the previous pages of the thread before posting links to articles to ensure they, or a similar article, have not been posted already.

Free Advice.

As free advice is often cheap,
I'm reluctant to offer any;
but ,
I'm certain I'm the speech writer
they need.

Meghan leaves for New York on commercial airline to cheer on her friend Serena Williams at the US Open
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...w-York-watch-friend-Serena-Williams-play.html

What I learned from this article is that Serena Williams booked a seat for her finale. All else is just hearsay and a way to bring up all the other nonsense as well. Honestly, I could have lived without knowing about this article. Or, as they say: pics or it didn't happen.

IF she's there watching, we will see pics.

LaRae

I won't be surprised if she flew out to see this historic match for her friend. If she is there we will all know tomorrow (or today is she is spotted landing.) Either way good on her. Rooting for Serena.

Hopefully she’ll cheer for Bianca Andreescu as well. The first Canadian woman to reach a US Open finals.

Canada has a royal family, America doesn’t.

Canada, and Australia, have the Queen as Head of State. We in the realms don't have a royal family of our own.

Meghan and Serena are close friends. And as an Aussie I have to say I haven't particularly noticed members of the royal family loudly barracking for Australia when England is playing Australia in rugby or cricket and they are present.

I have no issues with her being friends with Serena or cheering for her. I did say ‘as well’ when referring to Bianca. The way Andreescu is playing of late she may just beat Serena.

We are so easily goaded, it's amazing. No way Meghan is leaving her 4-month old baby to fly overseas overnight for a tennis match, best friend or not. - and I really hope I'm right.

Last edited:
We are so easily goaded, it's amazing. No way Meghan is leaving her 4-month old baby to fly overseas overnight for a tennis match, best friend or not.

Why not? This is a major deal for her friend. I would be there if I could. Archie is in capable hands with his father (and nanny). Meghan can travel like any other parent. I hope she is there.

Wishing for a great match. Both have been playing amazing as of late.

We are so easily goaded, it's amazing. No way Meghan is leaving her 4-month old baby to fly overseas overnight for a tennis match, best friend or not. - and I really hope I'm right.

Why?

Whilst I don’t believe the story itself, if Meghan was going I’d literally see nothing wrong with it. Mums need time to themselves and this is a great opportunity for Meghan to both relax and keep her mind occupied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom