General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Murials post was a considered review of the situation, but you have used words on here that she never used.

Arther Edwards was not talking about going partying he was talking about an off the record reception that allowed the press to build up relationships with the royals.
Do you really think the internet is giving factual information.

Like me, Murial, it would appears remembers the War of the |Wales when the media was used by both parties, it was destructive.

You have inferred on your post that M & H are going down the road of providing information to chosen outlets/ reporters or whatever you want to call them. If that is the case they need to take care.

As Murial said it is a 2 way street between the public and the Royals.

My fear is that M & H are trying to go down the road of playing hard to get to up the interest when they do appear in public or give some titbit to the favoured media outlet. It will back fire.

I didn't say it wasn't, I just offered another point of view. Edwards has said that Harry used to go out for drinks with them and has referred to Harry's 'fun times' Muriel said it should be a two way relationship and I pointed out the British media don't see it that way...they wanted H&M to do things their way or else they will present a negative story about them.

H&M are trying to protect their family and find a balance between public and personal. As Harry has said this isn't a game it is their lives. Also why wouldn't they provide their information to those that treat them with respect, especially when reports from some groups have lead to threats against them. That's how most humans will respond.

Last edited:
Sometimes I think the press generates more discussions on these threads than the actual royals do. :lol:

Perhaps that's the problem. We're giving the media more credence and bandwidth then they really deserve in the first place.

Sometimes I think the press generates more discussions on these threads than the actual royals do. :lol:

Perhaps that's the problem. We're giving the media more credence and bandwidth then they really deserve in the first place.

Indeed.:D

I keep saying it: the press isn't going away, Harry and Meghan are going to have to deal with them, and they need to figure out a professional way to set boundaries, but at the same time acknowledge that the press serve a purpose, and develop a plan to make that work for them. No one has had worse press over the years than Charles and Camilla, and no matter their personal feelings, they somehow have managed to make the relationship with the press functional and mostly polite if not friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep saying it: the press isn't going away, Harry and Meghan are going to have to deal with them, and they need to figure out a professional way to set boundaries, but at the same time acknowledge that the press serve a purpose, and develop a plan to make that work for them. No one has had worse press over the years than Charles and Camilla, and no matter their personal feelings, they somehow have managed to make the relationship with the press functional and mostly polite if not friendly.

As for Charles and Camilla, they aren’t faced with the difficult decision of how much to expose their children to the media and haven’t in years. The press isn’t so interested in their private life. Many comment on them being polite with press on engagements, but Meghan does so as well. I do think there is something to be said about the packaging from CH though.

And I do agree the royals have to work with the press but they press also need to respect their privacy. They can’t have it both ways. Harry and Meghan do their job. Archie is not the same (as the press will even point out) so they should not expect the same. He is the 7th in line.

The press has been negative toward them since day one. They took a pause for the wedding but have been back with a vengeance since. So it really does not matter what they do as we have plenty examples they make the biggest issue out of nothing.

Ultimately, the press is upset because they have an insatiable appetite for Sussexes’ Private life that is not being satisfied.

I think if the press could stop themselves with the constant reporting and speculation on the Sussexes a bit, that relationship can improve.

I also think this is about power for the British press. It thinks it can control the BRF with its tactics. These reporters are upset the Sussexes are actively resisting them; that even weaponizing Meghan's family is not working. They are not entitled to their lives or their baby.

Ultimately, the press is upset because they have an insatiable appetite for Sussexes’ Private life that is not being satisfied.

I think if the press could stop themselves with the constant reporting and speculation on the Sussexes a bit, that relationship can improve.

H&M really can't afford to make it all a personal vendetta. As I said, draw the boundaries, and don't get drawn into any kind of power struggle with the press.

I agree that Charles and Camilla have managed to work well with the press over the years but let’s be real here... they treat them differently than the Cambridges and Sussexes. They expect different things. That’s just how it is with the “younger” generation in general.

I also think this is about power for the British press. It thinks it can control the BRF with its tactics. These reporters are upset the Sussexes are actively resisting them; that even weaponizing Meghan's family is not working. They are not entitled to their lives or their baby.

I couldn't agree more.

But what I don't agree is when some people are treating this as some kind of personal vendetta against the royal reporters. Firstly, both Harry and Meghan grew up in the limelight (although British media is really worse.) I won't believe she is really playing fire with the RR's. They might have different approach as to how to handle things but that's because British media can't be tamed even before Archie was born and even until now.

They always end up in frontpages and with what? unverified news. That's why I also don't blame them. Yes, media will stay but that's beside the issue. It's not all the time that they can do whatever they want.

A number of comments have been deleted:

• Posts going back and forth about how the birth announcement was handled - the discussion is not only off-topic, but it's been endlessly debated.
  • Comparisons between the US media and British media
  • Posts about Archie's name and title.
  • Personal attacks aimed at reporters and accusations that the media is blackmailing the Sussexes - please stop this
The discussion about Harry and Meghan's next engagement has been moved to the Current Events thread.

We understand that people are interested in discussing the relationship between the media and the Sussexes, but the constant focus on it has started to overtake the thread and other topics are getting lost. For example, instead of discussing the actual content of an article, the conversation will veer off-topic and turn into a circular debate about the media's treatment of Meghan. This happens routinely and it's frustrating for those who wish to discuss the article, or want to talk about topics that aren't centered around the media. So moving forward, please be mindful of this and refrain from turning every topic into a discussion about the media/royal reporters. Thanks.

Meghan is at Wimbledon watching Serena play with a couple of friends.

General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

Do they happen to be in London or did they come for Archie’s christening ?

I’d bet at least a Crunchie McFlurry that they’re in town for Archie’s christening.

Indeed, Lindsay does lives mostly in London. Genevieve lives in Chicago. Nice seeing the ladies together. They look like they having fun.

Posts discussing the Christening have been deleted. The "Gender, names, and godparent" thread was closed for a reason. When a thread is closed, please don't bring the topic over to other threads.

Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 -

Nice to see Meghan show up at Wimbledon...

Nice to enjoy Wimbledon with friends if you can though.

Not sure if this is true, but if it is, it is pretty ridiculous.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ns-ordered-not-pictures-Meghan-Wimbledon.html

It's probably a half truth like most stories about Meghan are it was probably more like don't get to close while taking pictures. I mean just a couple days before that at the baseball game fans were taking pictures left and right and no one said a thing. Not to mention the match was on tv so of course there would be pictures of Meghan. But some are pressed and determine to make up negative stories about her no matter what.

Piers Morgan obviously still up in arms against M., calling her "Miss Markle"....

Not sure if this is true, but if it is, it is pretty ridiculous.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ns-ordered-not-pictures-Meghan-Wimbledon.html
Just a few thoughts before this blows up:
1. I've read the story in the Daily Mail and the Daily Telegraph and there's a few to many 'appeared", "claims" and "reportedly" for me to buy this story right off.

2. There is no ban on jeans at Wimbledon. The Duchess dressed appropriately and within the guidelines. The rules we often see mentioned about how to dress for Wimbledon is for the Royal box only.

3. The guy pictured in the article, seemingly with the phone in the face of Meghan and her friends, was taking a selfie. There's pictures on Getty to prove it.

4. If it's true that seats was kept empty around Meghan and her friends it's ridiculous.

5. If it's true that there was a claim for the right to privacy while sharing a court with 12.000 people and in front of 1m TV-viewers is equally ridiculous.

6. There's several photographs where Meghan signs autographs and talks to a young child.

7. As Chris Ship tweeted Police Protection Officers don’t take orders from the Communications team.

8. As Jeremy Vine tweeted the Sussexes should consider a shakeup at their PR department. Whether these rumours are true or not, whether the media onslaught towards them are justified or not their PR people seems to have troubles handling it well which leads to the unjust damaging of the image of two hardworking people who deserves better.

9. Yet another messy story where people draws the conclusion they want and ignores what might go against the narrative they chose.

Last edited:
6. As Jeremy Vine tweeted the Sussexes should consider a shakeup at their PR department. Whether these rumours are true or not, whether the media onslaught towards them are justified or not their PR people seems to have troubles handling it well which leads to the unjust damaging of the image of two hardworking people who deserves better.

Agree with everything except that RPOs report to one person, their boss. PR has nothing to do with this, it’s just another pointless story and if they responded to every story like this it would be endless.

Agree with everything except that RPOs report to one person, their boss. PR has nothing to do with this, it’s just another pointless story and if they responded to every story like this it would be endless.
I just added a part about the RPO. My point in mentioning the PR is that something has to be done. In my opinion a good PR strategy should have been able to handle most of what we've seen during the last few weeks.
BTW - are you getting notifications on this reply? I haven't been getting any all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom