General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This were apparently taken today and Harry is not in any of the pictures. There is a man who looks like her RPO though.

This guy?

Photo

I think that might be her protection officer. He’s way shorter than Harry

Ok yes...I just didn't remember any of them with a beard like that!

LaRae

Archie is probably inside the house that the couple have been renting, warm and cosy and with his nanny. Taking that baby into those freezing and snowing conditions would not be a good idea.

She was leaving the island for the mainland. It is odd that she left Archie behind, unless it was a temporary outing .

Why is it odd she would leave Archie? I did all kinds of stuff without my young children in tow.

LaRae

Why is it odd she would leave Archie? I did all kinds of stuff without my young children in tow.

LaRae

Because it could be a long trip and she could not be back for several days (as she was taking a plane to leave town ) ? And she has just come back from the UK after leaving Archie alone with the nanny ( or friends ?) for an extended period of time.

Because it could be a long trip and she could not be back for several days (as she was taking a plane to leave town ) ? And she has just come back from the UK after leaving Archie alone with the nanny ( or friends ?) for an extended period of time.

How many people leave for a few days and don’t take a single bag with them :ermm:

Anyone in Canadian winters especially this year would happily leave thrif child warm and cozy at home over taking them out in this. That flight would not be pleasant either in this weather. The fact it’s snowing and the amount it is on Vancouver island is not normal at all.

Because it could be a long trip and she could not be back for several days (as she was taking a plane to leave town ) ? And she has just come back from the UK after leaving Archie with the nanny ( or friends ?) for an extended period of time.

It is like a 40 min plane ride into the mainland. It is a seaplane. It was snowing and probably was out running errands or maybe having meeting. Not getting what the big deal was. Is she not allowed to be out and about without her child?

Let's move on now please, it's really not worth going round in circles debating the issue of Archie not being with Meghan on the photos.

The discussion about Meghan’s visit to Downtown Eastside Women's Centre, has been moved here.

Last edited:
A completely different question: now Harry and Meghan are all over the news I notice that the Canadian news anchors tend to pronounce Meghan's name as 'May-ghan', while the British say Me(h)-ghan (with me as in mel/mess). What would the American pronunciation be?

I thought that Prince Harry and Meghan wanted more of a private life. However, how can there be privacy when they are making the headlines so often?

Last edited by a moderator:
A completely different question: now Harry and Meghan are all over the news I notice that the Canadian news anchors tend to pronounce Meghan's name as 'May-ghan', while the British say Me(h)-ghan (with me as in mel/mess). What would the American pronunciation be?

You hear both, but it's more commonly pronounced in Meh-gan.

They'll pay high prices for any pap photos of her doing the most mundane things, just like they did with Diana. She's never getting away from them but she probably knows that & her wish to step back from full-time royal work wasn't based on "I can't stand being photographed".

I thought that Prince Harry and Meghan wanted more of a private life. However, how can there be privacy when they are making the headlines so often?

Did they say they wanted a more private life? Their statement says they want a more independent life, which isn't the same.

They'll pay high prices for any pap photos of her doing the most mundane things, just like they did with Diana. She's never getting away from them but she probably knows that & her wish to step back from full-time royal work wasn't based on "I can't stand being photographed".

I think that is right, I just do not believe she wants to be away from the media.

Nope.

I thought the “agreement” with the press was that the royals would be left alone in their off time. But- since Harry and Meghan have decided to make a change, perhaps the media has too.....

She knew she would get press coverage picking up someone at the airport. She's from LA--she knows the paps and that they cover the airports. Not odd at all that friends would visit her in her borrowed digs, but she'll make sure she's seen.

Looking forward to the next "accidental" sighting.

Meghan has been seen twice in the two months she has been in Canada. I think that is pretty good all considering the amount of press are currently there.

Good for her on not hiding. Why shouldn't she pick up one of her nearest and dearest?

Meghan has been seen twice in the two months she has been in Canada. I think that is pretty good all considering the amount of press are currently there.

Good for her on not hiding. Why shouldn't she pick up one of her nearest and dearest?

Three times, no? Two trips to different charities, and the airport pick up?

Personally, I'm not counting the 6 weeks "they were on a break". For me we've seen her 3 times since she went back to Canada last week.

Personally, I'm not counting the 6 weeks "they were on a break". For me we've seen her 3 times since she went back to Canada last week.

My thoughts exactly.

What we see now is more indicative of what’s ahead imo.

I think that is right, I just do not believe she wants to be away from the media.
Of course not,she only wants to be around a media she believes can be controlled, preferably by the couple. A media that will praise what the global activist and campaigner HRH The Duchess of Sussex will do or say. The fair press she was asking for in her tearful interview. That will accept that when you are private and only Show up when you need them to write a nice story. We'll see if such press can be found in North America.

She knew she would get press coverage picking up someone at the airport. She's from LA--she knows the paps and that they cover the airports. Not odd at all that friends would visit her in her borrowed digs, but she'll make sure she's seen.

Looking forward to the next "accidental" sighting.

Add to that, since Harry is still in the UK the paps are going to be sure to stake out the airports so he can't sneak back to Canada.

She knows how to stay 'under the radar' so she's obviously happy to be photographed at the airport, knowing it would hit the tabloids, which says to me that she's courting publicity for herself & not just for 'good causes'. I'm a supporter of Meghan's potential to be a force for good & also very sympathetic about her treatment by some of the UK press but she won't do herself any favours with the UK public if she's perceived to be directing & starring in 'The Meghan Show'.

No, twice. The paparazzi only captured her twice so far. The organizations released those pictures. Not quite the same thing.

Also Meghan never said she had issues with being photographed. According to the press pack she was one of the few royals who always actually acknowledged them. They are well aware they will be photographed.

So again the fact she only been spotted twice with so much international press all over that place... it’s pretty impressive.

No, twice. The paparazzi only captured her twice so far. The organizations released those pictures. Not quite the same thing.

Also Meghan never said she had issues with being photographed. According to the press pack she was one of the few royals who always actually acknowledged them. They are well aware they will be photographed.

So again the fact she only been spotted twice with so much international press all over that place... it’s pretty impressive.

We'll have to agree to disagree, from my point of view we've seen her 4 times thanks to your reminder. :flowers:

There is a difference between private visits that the charities released photos (which happens with royals every day) and being caught in public. She has been caught in public twice, the seaplane and now picking up Heather.

And yes going six weeks without the paps getting a photo is big. The paps were anxious to know where they were and get photos.

It's BS the paps don't take photos on their down time. We get photos of them at polo, shopping and such. If there isn't a photo in an article it's because whoever spotted the Royal didn't take a photo or sell it.

There is a difference between private visits that the charities released photos (which happens with royals every day)

As I said above, I agree to disagree with how many times she's been seen.

I also don't know of any private visits where the charity has released pictures of the visiting royal afterwards, and it not count as an engagement. Perhaps with Eugenie and Beatrice, but photographs were normally released by their own personal social media accounts. Neither of the visits Meghan has done were on behalf of the royal family, so to me it's not what happens with royals everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom