The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-29-2019, 07:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Hasn't hit the stands but already controversy. The cover is similar to the book cover by Australian authors

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-produce.html

I can't believe Vogue's legal department didn't go over the issue without making sure there is no exposure to a charge of plagiarism. The difference I see is different title and no mirror.
Good thing there is literally none.
The concept of collages in columns and rows is not a recent invention by any means.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:32 AM
Gentry

Im looking forward to getting a copy to read the articles. Im trying to decide between a digital or physical copy.....what do yall think?

Old 07-29-2019, 07:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it was very ill-advised for Vogue to point out that she thought it would be 'boastful' to appear on the cover when Kate was on it not that long ago. It looks like a cheap shot even if it wasn't intended to be. Surely someone should have realised that wouldn't be a wise thing to say.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I think it was very ill-advised for Vogue to point out that she thought it would be 'boastful' to appear on the cover when Kate was on it not that long ago. It looks like a cheap shot even if it wasn't intended to be. Surely someone should have realised that wouldn't be a wise thing to say.
That's because they weren't comparing this to Catherine because this issue not about her, nor is it about Meghan directly...it's about women championing causes and working hard to make a difference in the world.

There is a time to be on the cover (and Meghan has been in the past) and a time to let others take center stage- knowing when to do each is what makes a great leader.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
That's because they weren't comparing this to Catherine because this issue not about her, nor is it about Meghan directly...it's about women championing causes and working hard to make a difference in the world.

There is a time to be on the cover (and Meghan has been in the past) and a time to let others take center stage- knowing when to do each is what makes a great leader.
As I said, I don't think it was intended as a cheap shot but I just wouldn't have mentioned it at all as that's what it will look like to many people.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:09 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Except that's not what she said. Emily Andrews (Sun newspaper) left out 4 words from the Edward Enninful quote "boastful... FOR THIS PARTICULAR PROJECT",
which completely changes the meaning.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Theres no doubt the women are right on and check all the appropriate progressive boxes.

Im still slightly puzzled by some of the names. Id be interested to know how much personal contact Meghan has had with each person chosen.
Many of them she has met or worked with in the past year through her work as a working royal. I think that is really lovely actually.

Others she has probably admired from afar for a while but doesn't know personally. Some she may know through Harry.

Either way, not sure it matters how much "contact" she has had with them. This isn't a cover of her "friends" but of women doing interesting or inspiring work.

I love this whole thing. I think its a perfect example of how you can use your platform as a royal to uplift others doing cool work. I love the diversity of the spread and the focus on people doing work in different areas. A good mix of super well-known figures as well as lesser known ones. It seems she was very hands on with every aspect of this as well.

Bravo Meghan!

I also hope we see Enninful and Meghan work together going forward on stuff too. He would be a good person for Meghan to turn to for help with maybe connecting to even more British brands and specifically ones by POC.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Just sitting back and watching this woman do some amazing things.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-29-2019, 10:01 AM
Courtier

I'm looking forward to reading it.

Bravo Meghan!!
Old 07-29-2019, 10:46 AM
Serene Highness

I can't wait to read this edition, sounds like it's going to be a really good one!
Old 07-29-2019, 11:11 AM
Courtier

Bravo Meghan
Old 07-29-2019, 11:37 AM
Gentry

Meghans interview with Michelle

https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/mich...interview-2019
Old 07-29-2019, 01:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbutterfly View Post
That's beautiful and thanks for posting it.

The magazine goes on sale here in a few days so I'm definitely buying a copy & also one for my daughter. I used to buy Vogue quite often but rarely buy mags now (too much Internet!) - this one looks like it's worth buying for keeps.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't judge the inside but after over a decade of being a fashion follower, I know a crap Vogue cover when I see one and this one belongs in that category.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:52 PM
Courtier

This was just featured on the main evening BBC TV News so it's having lots of positive coverage here. Here's a link to the online article on the BBC News website:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49145664
Old 07-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I can't judge the inside but after over a decade of being a fashion follower, I know a crap Vogue cover when I see one and this one belongs in that category.
Because in that case, as weird as it sounds for me to say it, Fashion was not on the agenda at all to be honest... It literally could have been a special issue of a more lifestyle magazine instead of Vogue...

Anyway, My Forever First Lady and one of my African Queen are featured so I am definitely buying it. A bit sad Lupita is not on there because what she has done and is doing for African women like me is incredible.
Congrats to the EIC and the DoS for this! I really like how she works.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

I like the cover photography. The concept is trite. Good pr for the ladies that could use that and their causes but overall it leaves me with the feeling of when a celebrity "designs" or even worse "curates" a perfume with their name on it.

I really enjoy seeing Meghan in action, interacting with ordinary people, far away from Vogue. Yes, I am a curmudgeon about this and know some arrows will fly my way.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:50 PM
Commoner

Meghan is obviously a big fan of the black and white photography trend. Generally I don't like black and white photographs, but I think it was a good choice for this magazine cover.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:57 PM
Nobility

Love the cover, especially the mirror for self-reflection. The list of women is diverse and appropriate in these trying times. Congratulations on a well-conceived endeavor, Meghan!
Old 07-29-2019, 04:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Yeah, that was pretty weird... It really wasn't that long ago, what, 2016?

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing - on one side, the general idea speaks to me, but from what I've seen so far the execution might not be as good. I'll refrain from judgment at least till I'll be able to read the whole thing.

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry