The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2019, 04:21 AM
Majesty

I understand the attraction as pre-earthquake there was a bowling club next door to me. One of the loveliest ways to spend a summers day was with the french doors over the patio all open and we could hear the gentle clunk of the jack hitting the balls.

I used to watch from upstairs and it was so genteel and I could hear the soft murmur of people talking but not loud enough to hear. It was so relaxing you could feel the tension just bleed away. I had decided to take it up when I retired but 'life' happened.

Old 07-22-2019, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Lawn bowling, or Petanque as it's called in the country, has been a popular traditional game in France and French speaking countries for years - though nowadays it's mostly played amongst the elderly. Most French towns and cities have a communal sandpit for Petanque to be played. I've just come back from Corsica and saw several elderly men playing the game in St. Florent's area and am a regular visitor to mainland France as my mother used to live in Paris, so have seen many games played recreationally in other French towns and cities.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-28-2019, 06:32 PM
Aristocracy

Meghan's latest project: I'm looking forward to reading it. Guest Editor of British Vogue.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0ebh7tlnVl/
Old 07-28-2019, 07:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
Meghan's latest project: I'm looking forward to reading it. Guest Editor of British Vogue.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0ebh7tlnVl/
I’m looking forward to purchasing this & reading all of the stories from a wide range of women. Also happy to learn that both Duchess Meghan & Prince Harry interviewed women for this special edition.

https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/megh...ish-vogue-2019
Old 07-28-2019, 08:30 PM
Nobility

See our Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is one of the chosen
Old 07-28-2019, 09:47 PM
Serene Highness

Sadly British Vogue is not sold where I am. I would love to have a copy. This project was worked on for seven months, the similar amount of time for the Grenfell cookbook. Harry is in the magazine for his interview with Jane Goodall to feature his cause. This sounds like a success in the making.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:35 AM
Majesty

If this list truly represents the 16 women Meghan admires the most I’m slightly puzzled by some of the names.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
If this list truly represents the 16 women Meghan admires the most I’m slightly puzzled by some of the names.

I don’t think these are the women Meghan admires most. At least the post on instagram doesn’t mention this.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:04 AM
Courtier

I think that it is probably more a joint effort from the palace and government- then her own. Less controversial
Old 07-29-2019, 01:30 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Why would you be confused, what is there to be confused about, each have done something admirable, some for just existing in a space where people like them are usually not wanted.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:38 AM
Nobility

“Through this lens I hope you’ll feel the strength of the collective in the diverse selection of women chosen for the cover as well as the team of support I called upon within the issue to help bring this to light. I hope readers feel as inspired as I do, by the ‘Forces for Change’ they’ll find within these pages.”.. She sounds very like the not so awe inspiring Tessy Antony-de Nassau in her new promotional website.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I think that it is probably more a joint effort from the palace and government- then her own. Less controversial
She has editing experience and has written pieces for the now defunct The Tig and other publications. No need to diminish her capabilities.

The issue features Sinead Burke. An Irish little person activist that Meghan met when her and Garry were in Ireland. She memorably bent down to talk to her and some thought it disrespectful. Well she is there on that cover.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:14 AM
Majesty

There’s clearly going to be some rebuttal over this.

JAN MOIR: The cause Meghan Markle is supporting is the Me, Myself and I Foundation
Old 07-29-2019, 03:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
“Through this lens I hope you’ll feel the strength of the collective in the diverse selection of women chosen for the cover as well as the team of support I called upon within the issue to help bring this to light. I hope readers feel as inspired as I do, by the ‘Forces for Change’ they’ll find within these pages.”.. She sounds very like the not so awe inspiring Tessy Antony-de Nassau in her new promotional website.
I disagree. This is Meghan and how she wrote for The Tig and articles she written for magazines.

The funny thing is Meghan herself is not featured in the magazine. There were rumours that there was going to be a photoshoot with her at Frogmore Cottage. Those same people would crucify her for being too Hollywood.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:46 AM
Courtier

I'll be buying a copy & enjoying celebrating the women featured in it.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:09 AM
Nobility

...at this point might as well highlight the things she's passionate about. And all of the women are interesting and hardly threatening.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:33 AM
Majesty

There’s no doubt the women are ‘right on’ and check all the appropriate progressive boxes.

I’m still slightly puzzled by some of the names. I’d be interested to know how much personal contact Meghan has had with each person chosen.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Sadly British Vogue is not sold where I am. I would love to have a copy. This project was worked on for seven months, the similar amount of time for the Grenfell cookbook. Harry is in the magazine for his interview with Jane Goodall to feature his cause. This sounds like a success in the making.
There may be some online options to buy the edition (amazon etc..). I also heard that Barnes & Noble sell it, I'm going to check with them later today.

**Also SussexRoyal IG has added more details about edition and behinds scenes look at Meghan's work.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:49 AM
Serene Highness

Hasn't hit the stands but already controversy. The cover is similar to the book cover by Australian authors

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-produce.html

I can't believe Vogue's legal department didn't go over the issue without making sure there is no exposure to a charge of plagiarism. The difference I see is different title and no mirror.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:53 AM
Commoner

Seriously? This cover is very widespread across magazines; books.... who never had the idea to do a panel of women's photos

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry