Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IloveCP

Imperial Majesty
City
-
Country
United States
A thread dedicated to gender, name, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child, due in the spring of 2019.

Last edited:
Girl : Lady Elizabeth Doria Frances Windsor.

Boy : Philip Albert Thomas, Earl of Dumbarton.

If some Letter Patents are issued before the birth, of course then it would be Princess Elizabeth of Sussex/ Prince Philip of Sussex.

Last edited:
HRH Prince Philip Alvin Charles of Sussex
HRH Princess Diana Elizabeth Doria of Sussex

Godparents:

HRH Prince Seeiso of Lesotho
Jennifer Mulroney
Peter Philips
Lady Kitty Spencer
Hugh van Cutsem
Patrick Adams

I really don't see them touching Diana with a ten-foot pole. It's one very loaded name for a child, imo.

I think they'll keep it classic, but not too repetitive or boring and no direct first names of living relatives.

Names:
Arthur David Finley or Theodore Charles Finley
Amelia Lisbeth Rose or Violet Cecilia Rose

Godparents:
Benitta Litt
Lindsay Roth
Misha Noono
Charlie van Straubenzee
Mark Dyer

Philip Charles William (I'm guessing it's a boy)
Diana Laura Elizabeth

Godparents.
I wouldn't be surprised at Prince William being asked.
Jessica Mulroney
Eugenie and Jack
Charlie van Straubenzee and his wife.

Last edited:
I'll guess a girl. And I do think Harry is brazen enough to want to name her Diana. It all depends on if Meghan is willing to go along with it.

I hope it is a boy. The girl posse is pretty strong right now among the great grand children

Savannah, Isla, Charlotte, Mia, Lena (5)

George and Louis need reinforcement

:flowers:??

Diana will be somewhere among the names I think. And I don't think it's brazen. Harry adores his mother still, and they were very close. I hope for a boy and for Philip to be one of the names. And although I didn't put it there among the godparents I listed, one of Sarah McCorquadale's or Jane Fellowes' children might be chosen.

Last edited:
Alvin is the name of Dorias father.

One name they definitely won't give their possible son is Thomas.

If William chose Diana as one of his daughter's names, Harry also has right to do it.

Girl: Caroline Doria Diana.
Boy: John Francis Charles.

Godparents:
Duke of Cambridge
Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank
Jessica Mulroney
Patrick Adams
Benita Litt.

I am more interested in what the baby's title will be rather than their name. I know that if the Queen is still alive when the baby is born then it will be Lady "Bleep" Mountbatten-Windsor or "Bleep", Earl of Dumbarton (as Harry's subsidiary title), but when Charles is King they will be HRH Prince or Princess. It will be intersting to see if Harry takes his uncle Edward's route and drops the HRH completely for his children.

For a girl I can see Alice and for a boy i'm guessing Arthur.

Wow, guys you are really quick.

I think they will be very traditional with names, nothing modern and hip. I don't think they will name. Probably they will name girl Doria, but as second or third name.
So, my bets are: Rachel, Doria, Diana, Victoria, Jessica, Jeanette and Elisabeth for girl (I think at least one of those names will be chosen.
Philip, Charles, Alvin, Thomas and Henry for boy.

Godparents: Jessica Mulroney, prince William, Serena.
Oh, wait. Serena is Jehovah's Witness, what are Jehovah's Witnesses view on baptism?

Ladbrokes betting agency in Britain has Samantha as a 100 to 1 outside chance as a name for the baby (and probably 1000 to 1 as a godmother.)

I think it would be best for them not to get the titel of prince/princess. They won’t be expected to take on Royal duties and not having the title of prince/princess probably makes that easier.

Ladbrokes betting agency in Britain has Samantha as a 100 to 1 outside chance as a name for the baby (and probably 1000 to 1 as a godmother.)

? Do they take bets on Ninaki?

Thomas is an out for a son or any Markle name at this point, not after the public attacks.

Girl - Loyce Frances Mary. Loyce is Doria's middle name; Frances for Diana's middle name; Mary for the queen.

Boy - Joseph Arthur Henry. Joseph is a Ragland name, Arthur for Charles; Henry after Harry.

Its a very American sounding name, it is certainly not royal and I believe there is a cartoon character called Alvin...

Don't want to be a polemicist but generally speaking one can't have one's cookie and eat it too

Many here say that his child should not be titled HRH and prince/princess of the UK, so why should name be and I put this in quotation royal?
If they want to name him Alvin, so be it
Besides there is nothing royal about, Savannah, Isla, Mia, and Lena, or Zara

Besides there is nothing royal about, Savannah, Isla, Mia, and Lena, or Zara

True, but you know Meghan and Harry are scrutinized closer and in more cruel fashion than other royals. Zara could name her daughter Apple Elliot McNamara and nobody would bat an eye (well, maybe some would).
But if Meghan and Harry will try even anything barely fashionable, like Madison or Ryan - all hell will break loose: Meghan breaks protocol! Traditions! Hollywood style names! Protocol! americanization of our society! Compton and ghetto! By the way, did we say "protocol"?

True, but you know Meghan and Harry are scrutinized closer and in more cruel fashion than other royals. Zara could name her daughter Apple Elliot McNamara and nobody would bat an eye (well, maybe some would).
But if Meghan and Harry will try even anything barely fashionable, like Madison or Ryan - all hell will break loose: Meghan breaks protocol! Traditions! Hollywood style names! Protocol! americanization of our society! Compton and ghetto! By the way, did we say "protocol"?

Very true.:rolleyes::lol:

Don't have any idea yet, but from the suggestions above I think Alvin and Loyce are nice choices.

If it is a boy, I hope there is Philip among his names, as a nod to Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh. Besides James Viscount Severn whose full name is James Alexander Philip Theo, and Prince Charles whose full name is Charles Philip Arthur George, nobody in the family is name after him. This way he who be named after is grand father and great grand father at the same time

I've never been good at predicting what a royal baby will be named and to be honest, I have no clue what Harry and Meghan would choose for their first child.

The only name that did pop into my head though was for a girl and that name is Henrietta after her daddy. Probably not their choice though. I don't think they're going to name the child after anyone in particular with the exception maybe being Philip after the DoE.

I'm not good at guessing but it's fun to take a shot, so...

Boy- Philip Henry Charles

Girl- Elizabeth Diana Rachel

I think Eugenie will be a godmother, along with Jessica Mulroney and one of the Spencers.

Godfather may be William, Tom Inskip, and perhaps a Van Cutsem?

I've never been good at predicting what a royal baby will be named and to be honest, I have no clue what Harry and Meghan would choose for their first child.

The only name that did pop into my head though was for a girl and that name is Henrietta after her daddy. Probably not their choice though. I don't think they're going to name the child after anyone in particular with the exception maybe being Philip after the DoE.

Now that would be a royal name for sure

Queen Henrietta Maria of England, Scotland, and Ireland, was the wife of King Charles the First
Born Henriette Marie de France, Madame Royale, she was the daughter of King Henri IV of France, and Queen Marie de Medici of France. Sister of King Louis the XIII, and Aunt of King Louis XIV, the Sun king
Mother of King Charles II, King James II/VIII, Grand Mother of Queen Mary II, and Queen Anne and King William III
it was she who brought the title of Princess Royal from the french court, for her first daughter, Princess Mary, the first princess royal who became Princess of Orange, mother of William of Orange (future King William III)

I'm not good at guessing but it's fun to take a shot, so...

Boy- Philip Henry Charles

Girl- Elizabeth Diana Rachel

I think Eugenie will be a godmother, along with Jessica Mulroney and one of the Spencers.

Godfather may be William, Tom Inskip, and perhaps a Van Cutsem?

If the media rumors are true that Skippy didn't get an invite to the Sussexes' evening reception, then he probably won't get a nod.

Victoria Francis Isabella

Arthur Loyce Charles

God Parents

Lindsay Roth
Heather Dorak
Benita Litt
Celia McCorquodal
Princess Eugenie

I can literally see any (or all) of these ladies.

Mark Dyer
Charlie van Straubenz
Markus Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom