Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be a girl, and I see Harry using Diana as a first name.

As for godparents, I’d expect Jessica Mulroney, to be one for sure

I could see them using Elizabeth as first name, and just call her Eliza.

Elizabeth Frances Doria (or Doria's middle name).

Phillip Arthur Francis.

LaRae

I have no guesses on sex or names just that I think I’d be so sweet if they had a girl first. I don’t think they’ll choose the more typical or traditional royal names but nothing too out of the box. Maybe they’ll used some lesser known royal names. I’d like that though no one is asking me.

It would be nice if the Sussex baby will be a boy because, as others have pointed out; James, George and Louis are quite outnumbered amongst all the Windsor girls lately.
I think they will be more relaxed with their name choices, though will still choose names within the royal sphere. Despite things that others have said I highly doubt that the two will choose Thomas as a name given all the debacle that has happened with Meghan's father lately. So I'm going to go with:

Boy
Frederick Philip Charles
Arthur William David
Albert Francis George

Girl
Helena Elizabeth Diana
Adelaide Frances Doria
Mary Victoria Caroline

For godparents; I'd guess either Mark Dyer, a van Cutsem, Jessica Mulroney and Princess Eugenie.

https://www.laineygossip.com/what-will-prince-harry-meghan-markle-name-their-baby/51077

This piece by Lainey has some interesting ideas thrown into it. I also don't think they'll use a name used many times before in the family.

Girl:
Phoebe
Gabrielle/Gabriella
Daphne
Felicity
Alexis
Hannah
Danielle
Faye
Eve/Eva
Hazel
Ida
Audrey
Eleanor
Valerie
Vivian

Boy:
Gabriel
Jeremy/Jeremiah
Anthony
Christian
Christopher
Daniel
Caleb
David
Joshua
Joseph
Matthew
Michael
Dominic
Elijah

Mind you, you guys, my list is just for fun so I don't need people pointing out that this and that name won't make it, 'cause we don't know.

If a girl:

Mary Helena Frances

if a boy:

Owen Albert Claude

Fair warning, this will change a lot over the next few months lol

Girl:

Amelia Spencer Victoria

Boy:
Philip Charles David

Honestly, with these two, I can see them really surprising us.

For GPs:
Jess
Benita
Lindsay or Marcus
Mark Dyar
one of the Van Stubenzees
Zara or Eugenie?

Godparents:

Mike Tindall
Barack Obama
Guy Pelly

Pippa Middleton
Tiggy
Jessica M.

Godparents:

Mike Tindall
Barack Obama
Guy Pelly

Pippa Middleton
Tiggy
Jessica M.

Given the political climate worldwide and the potential reaction of a certain head of state, I think Obama's a no.

Have to think about the name but I am quite sure the godparents will be equally divided between Harry's side and Meghan's side, exactly like their wedding party was...

Girl:
Jeanette Elizabeth Loyce
Lilith Francis Elizabeth

Boy:
Arthur Philip Charles
Philip Charles Henry

God Mothers:
Princess Eugenie
Bennita Litt
Lindsay Jill Roth
Spencer Cousin

God Fathers:
Mark Dyer
Marcus Anderson
Charlie Van Straubenzee

They will definitely choose something traditional and regal because Meghan understands how important it is to tow the company line and not rock the boat.

I like the idea of Victoria because it fits the royal criteria, has Canadian (Suits) and Australian (first OS tour) ties and sort of incorporates Doria: Vic-Doria...see ☺:

Victoria Alice Diana or Victoria Elizabeth Mary

As for a boy they will definitely include Thomas as a gesture of epic PR proportions and maybe even Dorian as another middle name (for Doria):

Philip Thomas Dorian or Albert Thomas Dorian

But definitely traditional, not American or African-American. Definitely keeping royal family happy is #1 priority

One person we’ve forgotten so far, and I can’t believe I forgot him, is Edward Lane Fox.

Given the political climate worldwide and the potential reaction of a certain head of state, I think Obama's a no.

A readjustment:

Mike Tindall
HRH CP Haakon
Guy Pelly

Pippa M.
Michele Obama
Jessica M.

I don't see them going for a way out name like Zara and Peter did. Harry abd Meghan are not private citizens. I don't see a girl named Frankie (definitely not Charlie considering Charlotte).

I do think they may venture further a branch in the tree though. And choose lesser used names. Shame Tom Sr turned out badly, as Thomas is a royal name.

Girl

Alice Francis Doria
Alexandra Diana Doria
Cecilia Elizabeth Doria

Boy

Edmund Philip Alvin
Philip Arnold Charles
David Charles Wayne

Arnold is Tom's father's middle name and Meghan's maternal grandmothers maiden name. Wayne is her dads middle name.

I think like the wedding, the couple will make every effort to balance both sides in both name and godparents. We don't see all royal choices.

Godparents I doubt we will see the Cambridges. Harry wasn't named for his niece and nephews, I see maybe there was an understanding they wouldn't use each other. They already have roles as uncles/auntS.

Possible godfathers

Mark Dyer
Markus Anderson
Charlie Von Strabaheze
Jake Warren
Nicholas Van Cutsem
Viscount Althorpe

Possible godmothers

Jessica Mulroney
Benita Litt
Princess Eugenie
Lindsay Roth
Kitty Spencer
Rose Van Cutsem

I could see

Mark Dyer
Charlie VS
Markus Anderson
Benita Litt
Jessica Mulroney
Eugenie

Last edited:
Girl: Alexandra Doria Diana Rose
Boy: Charles William Richard John (if Meghan's father reconciles with them before the birth, then Charles William Thomas John).

I think they will use traditional English names, perhaps not traditional British Royal names

Emily for a girl and Oliver for a boy.

Girl: Alexandra Doria Diana Rose
Boy: Charles William Richard John (if Meghan's father reconciles with them before the birth, then Charles William Thomas John).

I doubt that it will be Charles when child's same name grandfather is probably still alive. BRF not tend give same names for members of close each others currently. So surely not Charles and probably not Philip too.

I think they will use traditional English names, perhaps not traditional British Royal names

Emily for a girl and Oliver for a boy.

I think that it will be some if not very often used it will be somehow recognsible name. And surely it will not be Oliver. Ever heard about Oliver Cromwell?

If the media rumors are true that Skippy didn't get an invite to the Sussexes' evening reception, then he probably won't get a nod.

No, he was there and got to speak.
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/05/royal-wedding-reception-details

Arthur/Alexander Charles/Philip Francis
Mary Diana Doria Mountbatten-Windsor with the initials MM
They will use a traditional name but may call her by a nickname such as Molly or Maya
https://ca.hellomagazine.com/fashion/news/2018050959344/meghan-markle-cartier-watch/

Benita Litt, Jessica Mulroney, Lindsay Roth
3 of these: Nicholas van Cutsem, Thomas van Straubenzee, Arthur Landon, Guy Pelly, Tom Inskip, Jake Warren, Mark Dyer,

Last edited:
I am thinking girl, at least on that I have a 50/50 chance. I never get the names correct but here is my first go at it.

Girl: Amelia Diana Rose
Caroline Elizabeth Francis
Isabella Alexandra Mary

Boy: Spencer Philip Charles
Philip Dorian Louis
Michael Philip David

Although I agree that their needs to be more boys in the next generation, I think the first baby will be a girl. Harry will be a wonderful father of a daughter. As for names, not sure of that yet, but I agree with the godparents as mentioned above especially Jessica Mulroney and Charles von Straubanzee and Peter Phillips or Zara Tindall.

As for the HRH, with Charles' streamlined version of the Royal family, Harry's children likely will be asked to take on royal duties and therefore I think they will be HRH's.

As for the HRH, with Charles' streamlined version of the Royal family, Harry's children likely will be asked to take on royal duties and therefore I think they will be HRH's.

Isn't that a contradiction. Would it not make sense for them not be as Charles has been reported to only desire for the main successors to perform engagements as members of the Firm, not collaterals like children of the second son.

Although I agree that their needs to be more boys in the next generation, I think the first baby will be a girl. Harry will be a wonderful father of a daughter. As for names, not sure of that yet, but I agree with the godparents as mentioned above especially Jessica Mulroney and Charles von Straubanzee and Peter Phillips or Zara Tindall.

I think Harry is closer to the York sisters than he is the Phillips siblings. I'd guess Eugenie over Peter or Zara. Zara is already Prince George's godmother. And possibly a Spencer cousin.

I can see one of the older Spencer cousins (not necessarily with the last name Spencer, but in general) being named as one of the godparents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom